International Simulation Football League
*Mo "Mamba" Magic Preseason Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Mo "Mamba" Magic Preseason Presser (/showthread.php?tid=19933)

*Mo "Mamba" Magic Preseason Presser - thevoicelesscreator - 03-07-2020

I wanted to wait until I was sure I would get drafted before I started speaking to the press (other than my brother Michael of course. Ask away, nothing is off the table - I've got nothing to hide

(03-07-2020, 08:38 PM)Memento Mori Wrote:You were the fourth DT taken, behind Phat Boi, Magnus Rikiya and Octavio Clemente. What do you think led GMs to take them ahead of you? Do you think you deserved to be drafted higher?

I've had a chance to work out with all the defensive tackles in my draft class, and not one of them was lacking in any areas. I think this is the coming of a golden ages for the position, and I'm so excited for those guys. I think the GM's saw the same thing I did when I worked with them - an immense amount of talent.

But I'm also very inexperienced. Those boys taken ahead of me, they've got real games under them. I've got a season of college ball, it makes sense that they were taken ahead of me. Did I deserve to be drafted higher? Coming into this thing, I wasn't sure I even deserved to be in the draft!

(03-07-2020, 08:39 PM)Dewalt27 Wrote:Mo, just a few questions.

1. How do you feel about your draft landing spot?

2. Where do you feel like you should have been picked in this draft?

3. Any bold predictions for your stats this season?

4. What TV shows would you reccomend people to watch?

1. I'm very blessed and honoured to have been selected to play in this league. To have the reigning Ultimini champions pick me is really a win-win situation. I get to learn from a organization that has proven knowledge on how to build a winning culture is only going to help me become a better player!

2. My brother wanted me to go in the first 8, but I honestly I though I didn't think I would go at all. And if I did, I thought it would be like 200's.

3. You want bold? 75 tackles, 10 sacks, 15 TFL's, 2 FF

4. I know it's considered trashy television, but I love NSFL's Hard Knocks. I love being in the locker room with the guys, and seeing how they do things at the next level

(03-07-2020, 08:44 PM)Billybolo53 Wrote:Hey Mamba, Mony Kronbon here. You were one of my favorites to watch durning the pre draft process. I’m sure you have your sights on the next level as well as this season. What would you consider a successful season? Is there a number of sacks or will it be strictly about putting good things on film for the next level?

Hey Mony, thanks for watching my workouts and prospect bowls. Means the world brotha. I didn't think I would make it here, but now that I am here, I want it all. Success means wins for me. No stat matters more than the W at any level. I could have 20 sacks this season, but if we only have 4 wins, then it wasn't good enough. Going into the NSFL Draft... God it's still weird to think about that. It would be great to help Minnesota win another Ultimini, and that's the goal this year.

(03-07-2020, 08:57 PM)woelker11 Wrote:How would you describe the way you play? What's unique about what you do on the field?

Who are your role models, on and off the field?

What are your goals for this season? What do you want to prove to NSFL GMs who might already be looking at you for next season's draft?

What's your favorite fast food joint, and what's your order?

Play Style: I would say I am a play-disruptor. I love getting up in the offense and messing up their day. What's unique about what I do on the field? I never give up, ever. From the first snap, to the last snap, I am 100% committed to the win. No matter how far up we are, or how far down we are, my goal is always the same. Stop the play, three and out.

Role Models? It's really funny you asked that, because I spent a long time watching you Bubba. I modeled my game after yours for years, until I found out my own style. Off the field, it has to be my mama. She gave up so much for Michael and I. You know for sure that first game check is going to her.

Goals for this season? Learn as much as I can from the people around me. The 2 year vets, the rookies, the coaching staff, my opponents - all of them. I want to be a sponge this year, and go in there and soak up as much as I can. What do I want to prove? I want to prove to myself that I deserve to be here, because a year ago, it wasn't even a thought. GM's can make of that what they want.

Favourite Fast Food Joint? There's this place back in my hometown (Calgary, Alberta) - Peter's Drive In. Been around since the 70's, or so I hear. My gramama ate there when she was young, and she used to always take Michael and I. The smoothies there are so thick, it's like drinking molasses. The food ain't too special, but like a tradition ya'know? My grams used to always get Gramps and I the same thing. Double cheeseburger, large fries, and a large strawberry shake. Said a little pink in me would help me find some balance in life. Funny person my gramama. But she was never wrong. My only regret is that I never had the chance to buy her order for her.

(03-08-2020, 10:34 AM)Jackets28 Wrote:Is there any particular teams pre-draft that you wanted to go to?

Any NSFL teams that you seem interested in joining?

Pancakes or waffles?

1. I mean, I flirted with the idea of going 1 or 2 overall. I think ever kid dreams of it, and I wasn't any different. I think playing in the U.K would have been a cool experience for myself and my family, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that I wanted it more than any other team

2. Yellowknife Wraiths, 100%. I'm Canadian through and through, and the Wraiths are Canada's team. It is my dream to be picked by them in the draft.

3. Pancakes all the way. I played OL in high school (double duty baby!) so ate those all day, on and off the field!

(03-08-2020, 11:17 AM)revuhlution Wrote:Jim Ben Fisher here, covering the DSFL.

Thanks for taking time out, Mr. Magic. Two questions:

How do you explain the conflict of interest concerning your brother covering you in the media?

You're from the North. What words of wisdom do you have for your fellow draftees to deal with the Minnesota cold?

Hey Jim, thanks for making it out! How do I explain my brother covering me in the media? There better be a conflict of interest! If he's trashing me in the media you bet I'm gonna go beat his ass. Oops, can I say that?

No but honestly, I'm happy for Michael. He's always loved sports, and writing. It amazing that he's been able to combine his two passions and really do something he loves, day in, day out. I could see where the conflict of interest concerns lay, and I'm not going to lie, game cheque number two is going towards replacing that sorry beater of a car that he's driving around. He will benefit from my success, because he's my little bro. But if you think for one second that Michael would hesitate to bury me for playing poorly, you don't know him. He ain't afraid of hurting my feelings, and I ain't afraid to tell him when he writes garbage. Man, if you could see his first binder of articles... I better stop there - Mama might get upset if I embarrass him too much.

As for dealing with the Minnesota cold? If you got some money, get yourself some Canada Goose jackets. I know a guy! And if you don't, well I guess that makes you SOL... Nah but honestly, check the thrift stores. Lotta warm clothes for great prices there. The key is layers.

*Mo "Mamba" Magic Preseason Presser - Memento Mori - 03-07-2020

You were the fourth DT taken, behind Phat Boi, Magnus Rikiya and Octavio Clemente. What do you think led GMs to take them ahead of you? Do you think you deserved to be drafted higher?

*Mo "Mamba" Magic Preseason Presser - Dewalt27 - 03-07-2020

Mo, just a few questions.

1. How do you feel about your draft landing spot?

2. Where do you feel like you should have been picked in this draft?

3. Any bold predictions for your stats this season?

4. What TV shows would you reccomend people to watch?

*Mo "Mamba" Magic Preseason Presser - Billybolo53 - 03-07-2020

Hey Mamba, Mony Kronbon here. You were one of my favorites to watch durning the pre draft process. I’m sure you have your sights on the next level as well as this season. What would you consider a successful season? Is there a number of sacks or will it be strictly about putting good things on film for the next level?

*Mo "Mamba" Magic Preseason Presser - woelkers - 03-07-2020

How would you describe the way you play? What's unique about what you do on the field?

Who are your role models, on and off the field?

What are your goals for this season? What do you want to prove to NSFL GMs who might already be looking at you for next season's draft?

What's your favorite fast food joint, and what's your order?

*Mo "Mamba" Magic Preseason Presser - Starboy - 03-08-2020

Is there any particular teams pre-draft that you wanted to go to?

Any NSFL teams that you seem interested in joining?

Pancakes or waffles?

*Mo "Mamba" Magic Preseason Presser - revuhlution - 03-08-2020

Jim Ben Fisher here, covering the DSFL.

Thanks for taking time out, Mr. Magic. Two questions:

How do you explain the conflict of interest concerning your brother covering you in the media?

You're from the North. What words of wisdom do you have for your fellow draftees to deal with the Minnesota cold?