International Simulation Football League
*Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves (/showthread.php?tid=19978)

Pages: 1 2

*Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves - gucci - 03-08-2020

I just wanted to start this off by saying that I’m still working on the Chicago WYTS article, but wanted to write something quick and easy for that moolah. So here we go!

The Season 14 Norfolk Seawolves may go down as one of the greatest teams to never win a thing, or even be that good as a whole. This star-studded roster was only able to muster a 6-8 record in their one season together as a true expansion team in a league loaded up with send downs. But the impact they would have on the NSFL and DSFL as a whole for seasons to come is pretty unparalleled.

For the sake of brevity, we’ll only focus on the notables from the team in this article.

Allen Josh, LB
I want to start with the first overall pick of the S14 draft. University of Kentucky star, Allen Josh. Josh was destined for greatness from the start. Albeit a different type of greatness than we were expecting. Allen Josh would go inactive during his first DSFL season, but not before first earning enough TPE that he’d be a pretty damn good linebacker in the DSFL for the rest of his career. So good in fact, that he’s the DSFL’s all time leading tackler by quite a sizable margin. Hard to call a player with that kind of career a bust, but that doesn’t stop people from doing it anyway. As if this illustrious DSFL-lifer career wasn’t enough, the user behind Allen Josh, @NamelessNate is back as part of the S22 rookie class. He went full circle as the number one overall pick in his last draft to Mr. Irrelevant as pick number 271 in the S21 DSFL draft. His new player, Tom Sofa, will be playing QB for the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers this season. Good luck!

Dorfus Jimbo, RB
Dorfus Jimbo, created by infamous 3 Time DSFL GMotY, @ScorpXCracker, had a career full of ups and downs. After being chosen to co-GM the Norfolk team as a true rookie, Scorp was trained under one of the best in Slm. Unfortunately, the bulk of his success has come off of the field in a management capacity. However, his playing career had its highlights as well. In S15, Jimbo ran for over 2000 yards in a 14 game DSFL season earning him the nickname DJ2K. In Baltimore Jimbo was part of a RBBC for virtually his entire career and never really had the chance to shine. That being said, his team was moderately successful there and always seemed to be a game or two away from the Ultimus. After 4 seasons in the NSFL, the desire to be back involved in the DSFL where he had been GMing the Tijuana Luchadores consumed him and he recreated as Dorfus Jimbo Jr. this time, a Defensive End. Once he recreated, his player’s corpse was actually traded along with picks for yours truly, and he played a season in Arizona while I went and played a final season in Baltimore. You can now find Dorfus Jimbo on the Norfolk team that Scorp GMs as he tries to claim enough TPE for a spot on the NOLA big league roster in the future. I know NOLA is very excited for him to be a part of their future after spending their first round pick to get him. Look for big things from him this season.

Ricardo Morris, DT
@Roly recreated as a DT named Ricardo Morris and played a vital role in both Norfolk’s defense as well as the Arizona Outlaws S16 Ultimus winning defense. Unfortunately, he went inactive around the time of that Ultimus season and has really only popped up around discord or to put in an update a few times since then. Really cool guy and great user during his time in the league though. If you see this Roly, know that you are missed.

Ahri Espeeyeeseetee, WR
The man known as RESPECT has had a great career, possibly the greatest NSFL career of any player on this list. S20’s WRotY is now plying his trade in Chicago after previously playing for San Jose and Baltimore. Ahri and Brock Landers made one of the most dangerous pairings of rookie WRs the DSFL has ever seen while playing together in Norfolk, and Ahri became a first round pick as a result. After a slow start in San Jose where he felt he was being underutilized and demanded a trade, he found his feet in Baltimore with their more stable offensive production. Before season 20, he joined Chicago with the promise of being the undisputed #1 receiver for the first time in his NSFL career, and his creator, @`steelsound`, has since been named GM for the Butchers where he has earned a reputation for his love of trades. Number one on most fantasy WR lists, watch for another big season from him as he continues to lead the charge for Chicago’s on the fly rebuild. Hoping for another big season from you!

Jay Longshaw, QB
NSFL GM QB recreates are just about the surest thing a DSFL GM can hope for. You expect the player to stay down for a few years at max TPE until they surpass the team’s current QB in TPE. “Smokin” Jay Longshaw, was a different case. Co-GM to the Colorado Yeti, Norfolk placed their hopes in Longshaw to be the future stable franchise QB the team needed, the Yeti placed that same faith in him. However, during that first season in the DSFL, Lonshaw ghosted the league. Cutting off all ties immediately and leaving Norfolk with a pretty high TPE QB corpse. Unfortunately, he was every bit the player his render Jay Cutler suggest he’d be. Gunslinger is and understatement for what Longshaw turned out to be as a QB. Any GM who has coached the guy can confirm that he’s possibly the most frustrating player in DSFL history as he continuously wasted his pretty good stats with his propensity for throwing interceptions. Just hearing the name Longshaw now is enough to make me cringe a little.

Giannis Kroustis, S
Our third GM on the list. @`AirCrou` is now the co-GM for the DSFL’s Portland Python. The man known for his sexy voice will be taking his first crack at GMing this season. His player, Giannis Kroustis has had a successful career both in Norfolk and as a member of the fearsome Yellowknife Wraiths defense. His team came incredibly close to winning the Ultimus last season and was one game away from getting it done. Knowing him, this won’t sit well with him, and he will be doing everything in his power to improve his player even more with the hopes of lifting the trophy this season. Good luck in both Portland and Yellowknife this season!

Jack Rambo, S
Another player with a promising start to his career. Jack Rambo has witnessed the highs of season 16 where Chicago was an Ultimus contender, and all of the unfortunate seasons since. @oz3700 is one of the good guys in the league. No longer super active on the discord, he continues to earn steadily with his player. Rambo has been used as both a safety and a Linebacker in his career and has amassed decent career numbers. Let’s hope Ahri and Leaf can get Chicago back on track and get Rambo a championship he deserves.

Lucas Knight, CB
Lucas Knight was one of the three big Norfolk players drafted by Arizona in the S15 NSFL draft. He is currently the top TPE player on the Outlaws roster and has been nothing short of excellent for them during his entire career there. He won the S16 Ultimus alongside Morris and Landers, his former Norfolk teammates. He has made a handful of pro bowls and both Lucas Knight and the user behind the player @ven_knight are respected highly around the league. As a former teammate (and hopefully future) I wish nothing but the best for him and the Outlaws moving forward.

Marquees Acho, LB
@Huskies311 is the fourth current GM on this list. Acho played Linebacker in Norfolk and to begin his career in Baltimore, but trimmed down a few seasons into his career and made the switch to cornerback. He has been a great player over the course of his career an even managed a Pro Bowl selection as a linebacker back in S18. Believe it or not, huskies was one of the first names on my list as a co-GM when I heard he would be stepping down as Baltimore GM, but he had a change of heart and decided to remain in the NSFL. He and Duilio make a great GM team and I’m looking forward to watching them push for a title this season in Baltimore.

Logan Uchiha, S
Logan Uchiha is a Norfolk legend and registered one of the single most dominant all-around defensive seasons that I’ve ever seen. In S14 we thought he was a surefire DPotY winner, but after a very vocal twitter and discord campaign he ended up coming in third place. Snubbed for two send down players with arguably inferior stat lines. He began his NSFL career in Yellowknife before joining Baltimore later in his career. @CalvinP hasn’t updated Uchiha since the end of 2019 but was seen as recently as yesterday. Uchiha will be looking to make another big impact in the secondary for Baltimore as he pushes along side a few old Norfolk teammates for a title this season.

Apollo Reed, RB
@NylarthePhoenix is another great user in this league. As part of a duo with Dorfus Jimbo, Apollo Reed tore up the DSFL in his single season in Norfolk. After that first DSFL Pro Bowl caliber season, Apollo Reed was drafted and immediately thrust into the starting RB role by the Orange County Otters. During his career in Orange County, Reed would win three Ultimus championship trophies as well as making two NSFL Pro Bowls including one as a rookie in S15. After making his intention to test free agency clear he was traded to the Baltimore Hawks for Ludicolo Bigby at the S20 trade deadline. He soon resigned with Baltimore and is looking to start his first full season there this year. Watch for this guy to continue his march up the NSFL all-time rushing lists as he continues his borderline HoF caliber career.

Brock Landers, WR
One of the better ones on this list now. Me! Brock Landers was a great story of the differences between the NSFL and DSFL draft processes. Taken 85th overall after not being chosen for one of the limited starting quarterback spots in the S14 DSFL class (2 of whom remained active, 1 of whom remained a QB), Landers switched to wide receiver in Norfolk where he’d form a fearsome partnership with Ahri Esspeeyeeseetee. After impressing a few GMs during the NSFL draft process, Brock Landers was taken first overall in what is still to this day considered the most stacked NSFL draft of all time (though S22 will surely eclipse it). Landers was chosen to the DSFL pro bowl his only year in the DSFL and in each of his first two NSFL seasons while I remained an active user. In season 16 Landers (and gucci as GM) won an Ultimus in Arizona alongside former Norfolk teammates Morris and Knight. Before going inactive, I was a co-GM to Scorp in Norfolk, and a co-GM to SwagSloth in Arizona. I have now been given the chance to found and lead the Dallas Birddogs DSFL expansion franchise and look forward to surprising people with our immediate success this season. My recreate is RB White Goodman and he will be part of Dallas’s superb RBBC this season. Really excited!

Gimmy Jaroppolo, QB/Demi-God
What can you say about this guy. The last pick in the DSFL Draft in the legendary S14 draft. Gimmy Jarappolo also known as @[JGGoat10] is a complete and total legend. Gimmy was already widely admired for his time in the DSFL after his initial prospect bowl where he showed off his talent for throwing interceptions immediately. After plying his trade on the end of the bench for a few seasons, Gimmy finally got his shot after Norfolk reverted to a bot team in S17. He didn’t do great. Norfolk went 2-12 as he split time with another QB, but was hardly the worst QB in the league throwing a respectable 1:1 TD to int ratio. The next chance he got in S19 is when the legend of Gimmy went into overdrive. Gimmy was now the sole QB in Norfolk. That year he led the Norfolk Seawolves bot team to an incredible 0-14 record throwing for just 3 TDs and 20 interceptions in the process. Gimmy had secured his legacy for all time. Now, tearfully Gimmy will lace up the boots for one final season in Dallas as he will be the team’s starting holder this season. JGGoat10 please come back and save Gimmy wherever you are. Praise be.

@iamslm22
Let me start by saying I will always be a fan of Slm’s as he taught me most of the aspects of the sim league as my first GM. I share a similar feeling towards SwagSloth who really showed me how to be a GM. In his single season as Norfolk GM he took a team of complete noobies to a 6-8 record and a playoff appearance (tragic 16-13 loss to the eventual champs on a late FG). I think I can speak for the entire S14 Norfolk roster in saying we have a ton of respect for him. He is now on Philly as TE Avon Barksdale Jr. and I wish him and the Liberty nothing but success in the coming years.

Code:
2298 words

*Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves - ValorX77 - 03-08-2020

I guess I don’t exist!

*Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves - ScorpXCracker - 03-08-2020

NOR NOR NOR

#FearTheFleet

*Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves - gucci - 03-08-2020

Sorry Valor, thought we got you the next year when Scorp and I were GMs.

*Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves - ValorX77 - 03-08-2020

(03-09-2020, 12:05 AM)gucci Wrote:Sorry Valor, thought we got you the next year when Scorp and I were GMs.
That is false. You acquired me in a trade in S14 where I switched to DT

*Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves - Huskies311 - 03-09-2020

NOR

*Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves - iamslm22 - 03-09-2020

Great read! Love this team for forever

*Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves - NylarthePhoenix - 03-09-2020

NOR NOR NOR

*Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves - oz3700 - 03-09-2020

Good times!

*Where Are They Now? S14 Norfolk SeaWolves - br0_0ker - 03-09-2020

NOR NOR NOR NOR NOR