International Simulation Football League
(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame (/showthread.php?tid=20174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Baron1898 - 03-16-2020

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S21 claim thread.

Written responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

This task is due next Sunday, March 22nd, at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: The Hall of Fame S19 Class has just been released, inducting five new legendary players into the Hall. In 200 words or more, make the case for a currently retired player to be inducted in a future class. Why do they deserve a slot over other contenders? Don’t be afraid to put some research into it if you are unfamiliar with older players.

Or

Graphic Option: Make a graphic presenting your nominee and showing off their accolades and achievements to potential HOF voters.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL;
GOMHL;
PBE.

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Murtsi - 03-16-2020

PBE PT

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - retrospace111 - 03-16-2020

Brian Mills was a linebacker in the NSFL who was on the list of the S19 Hall of Fame inductees. He only got 6/15 votes, due to a crowded class and some bias. Mills was a cornerstone for the NOLA defense early on and he helped them win the 9th Ultimus in NSFL history. He was a freak athelete, running a 4.39 40 yard dash despite 6' 3" and 240 pounds.

Here are his stats in the NSFL.

Total tackles: 403
Pass deflections: 49
Interceptions: 8
Forced fumbles: 5
Fumble recoveries: 5
Sacks: 30
Defensive touchdowns: 1

He was as excellent of a pass rusher as he was a coverage linebacker. He was a field general and commandeered the field back in his time. He racked up amazing stats despite not playing for that long. Yet he only garnered 6 votes? Maybe the people voting had some biases towards the more active members in the S19 Hall of Fame class. How does someone like Micycle McCormick get in despite being an average quarterback. Sure, he was a good kicker for some seasons, but then he switched to QB and had an average career. He threw 16 more interceptions than games he played in! That's a terrible TD:INT ratio. He posted a career average of 83.1 QBR, never going over 86.7 QBR in a season. His highest completion percentage in a season was 61.6%. Why are we rewarding average QB play over someone with the skills as Mills?? He deserves to get in next year and I hope there won't be any bias...

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Raven - 03-16-2020

Holder of the places

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - IsaStarcrossed - 03-16-2020

When looking at the Hall of Fame, you have a distinguished group of legendary players who have all earned their way into the ranks of the greatest players of all time. They've all shown incredible poise on the field and put up the kind of numbers you rarely see in this league. Long, prosperous careers full of success. Today though I want to take a look at an unexpected player. A past teammate of mine who was a legend in his own right and while he was gone too soon, I think he has made a case for himself. Not through statistics or accolades, but because of his off the field demeanor. I am talking about Johnny Slothface. The New Orleans legend himself. Slothface was a fun loving member of the New Orleans community who was the type who would do anything for his friends or teammates. He would sacrifice numbers and stats to play out of position, which he did in my rookie year. He'd always make pushes for people other than him to win game balls or MVPs because he wanted everyone around himself to feel good about themselves. He gave everything he had to the Second Line and more, all the way to his final breath. You see, on the terrible day that took this locker room titan away from us, he was taking the mascot out as a celebration of life. He had been questioning his position and his importance to the Second Line and Slothface wanted to remind him that even mascots had their place. So he went out on a fun spree with our beloved mascot to make him feel like a part of the team again. Unfortunately, things got a bit frisky in the front seat and Slothface lost control. That terrible cliff took them both from us. Still, it was a testament to the kind of man Slothface was and for that reason I think he should go into the Hall of Fame as the greatest teammate to ever walk this earth. What you do off the field can be every bit as important as what someone does on it!

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Revolution5 - 03-16-2020

PT Pass

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - KC15 - 03-16-2020

PBE Affiliate PT

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Vorshayla - 03-16-2020

Disclaimer: This is written not in character, as I asked and was told that if I stuck to my characteristic way of responding to these normally I would not be awarded the TPE for this task. Therefore this is being done under protest and again, not in the HeHateMe PickSix character but the user Vorshayla. Seems beyond retarded I can't respond in character but whatever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Murphy played one season in the DSFL but should be considered for the hall of fame. He had an outstanding start to his career and had tragedy not befallen us, he would still be playing and no doubt be making an impact on the NSFL stage. This was on safety that I respected. He put up great numbers and was a team player for the Minnesota Grey Ducks.
He was also active around the league as he released pre-draft scouting reports for the entire duration of season 20. While it may be unorthodox to put someone with only 1 year of DSFL experience into the hall of fame without playing a single game in the NSFL it is not entirely without reason. He deserves a spot in the hall over other S20 Retirees because he played with soul and passion. He played the right way and was active around the league trying to make it better. If not in the players category, then in the builders as he was trying to build the league into something more. He also took home Defensive Back of the Year as well as Rookie Defensive Back of the Year during the end of the year awards for his one season's accomplishments. Beating out favourites like Prince Vegeta and HeHateMe PickSix for the awards.

I was told to make a case for a retired player. That was the only stipulation, it never stated that it had to be a good case, and even so, Murphy can go into the hall as a builder category if the voting committee want to be sticklers for rules like the guy running this PT seems to be. Matt Murphy was a great safety and definitely had things going for him before his abrupt retirement caught me by surprise. The one DB from S20-S21 worthy of being HeHateMe PickSix's rival, and my strongest contender to be in the hall of the fame.

220 words excluding disclaimer and outro.

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Colabear - 03-16-2020

I think most would agree that the NSFL Hall of Fame has a recency bias. Active players of active members are pushed for over the more deserving players of the past. Statistics of the past are quickly dismissed by citing the rules changes that took place since then. However I've always been of the view that as a player you play the game that's there to be played against the team you're playing against. The rules and the quality of the opposition are not your concern.

So with that said let's talk about Jayce Tuck. 2 time NSFL Defensive Player of the Year, as a Defensive End with the Arizona Outlaws. He sits at 4th on the all time career sacks list sandwiched between hall of famers both above him and below him. What's more, he's top of the all time tackle for loss list with an amazing 113 TFLs, numberous hall of famers sitting behind him. It's always been a funny quirk of NSFL statistics that sacks get more attention than tackles for loss, and Jayce's omission shows that plainly. He also still holds the single game record in that stat from 2019, when he made 7 tackles for loss in week 6 versus the Yellowknife Wraiths.

While there was an investigation into Tucks use of performance enhancing drugs, it was never conclusive enough for this authors satisfaction and was perhaps more politically motivated, rather than some search for justice. We hope the members of the Hall of Fame committee can put their glasses on and see past their short sightedness and vote for one of the greatest defensive linemen of all time. A man who was instrumental in writing one of the first chapters in the history of the league.

Quote:Word count: 292

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - MN_Moosey - 03-16-2020

With the recent inductees announced, it is time to shed some light on some other players well deserving of a place in the hall. One such player that I feel should make their way at least onto the ballot is one Chad Pennington. Starting play in season 8, Pennington had a full NSFL career of 10 years. He played for two teams in his career with the bulk coming with the San Jose Sabercats. In his time he amassed three pro bowl selections, a defensive player of the year awards in season 11, and two ultimus trophies, one with each team he played for in Yellowknife and San Jose. Pennington was a very well-rounded player throughout his career and is currently sitting 6th all time in tackles. A quick look at his career statistics shows how much of a balanced player he was.

In 138 career NSFL games he had:
1040 tackles, 15 for a loss
50 sacks
7 interceptions
9 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries
66 pass deflections

Though the stats are not crazy by any means for a linebacker, they are sure impactful. He made a name for himself on the field and should cement himself as a hall of famer in the future. The decision is not mine but a career like his should be up for consideration in the future.

(225 words)