International Simulation Football League
*10 Things Julio Tirtawidjaja Can't Live Without - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *10 Things Julio Tirtawidjaja Can't Live Without (/showthread.php?tid=20201)

*10 Things Julio Tirtawidjaja Can't Live Without - indonesianhusker - 03-17-2020

Three weeks into the DSFL season, rookie Julio Tirtawidjaja is settling in at his new Tijuana home. The late-round pick from Indonesia has featured in two Luchadores games, even scoring a touchdown in the game against the Minnesota Greyducks. The former Husker stand out is now actively training on and off the field regardless of how much playing time he gets this season behind returning starter Wombat and fellow rookie Richard Gilbert. In between games and practices, Tirtawidjaja has several outlets to decompress and experience the different cities he travels to - there are the usuals for players his age, like the PS4 and noise-canceling headphones - but also his obsession with hot sauce and love for the saxophone. "I play my saxophone whenever I can; they might have to start charging my neighbors extra for the nightly jazz music they get to hear," citing his ability on the instrument. Tirtawidjaja also loves to cook, serving us a platter of seafood tacos dinner on the patio of his condo. Check out the full list of his 10 essentials, including his go-to shoes, below:

1. Glasses
"My glasses are the first thing I look for in the morning because I am blind without it." Where many athletes pull up to the stadium wearing glasses just for the show, Tirtawidjaja needs it to navigate through his daily routines. Eye dryness from prolonged use is the main reason he only uses contacts during practices and games.

2. Hot Sauce
"I carry a bottle of hot sauce anywhere I go 'cos I just find American food to be lacking that flavor kick that I need from the food I eat." Tirtawidjaja has said to put hot sauce on almost every meal he has in the day, from the omelets he eats for breakfast to the grilled salmon and vegetables for dinner. He has a separate cabinet reserved only for his hot sauce collection, taking a different bottle with him to every away game.

3. Phone
"This one is a no-brainer for me; I go on Instagram and Twitter mostly when I'm on the team bus on the way to the stadium but most importantly, I use my phone to video call my family in Nebraska and Jakarta whenever I can."

4. Saxophone
"I thought at one point of my life this saxophone is what I'm going to be holding in my hands for a living, but I guess I never can get away from holding the football." Tirtawidjaja was a keen jazz saxophone player in high school and considered enrolling at the Berklee College of Music before deciding to stay close to his family and enrolled at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

5. Adidas Pureboost DPR
"I wear these basically wherever I go, the gym, the grocery store, outside to walk my dog 'cos they are just so comfy. They accommodate my wide feet, and the soft cushion provides support for me to walk a lot even after game days or a hard gym session."

6. Hand Moisturizer
"My hands tend to get dry very easily, so I always make sure to moisturize before and after every practice and game."

7. PS4
"I game a lot, especially the morning of game days. It helps me get the nerves off my mind and also stops me from overthinking the game that day. I play Madden a lot, but I avoid it on game days and usually play Red Dead Redemption [2] or Spider-Man." Tirtawidjaja is not a die-hard one console player; he also owns an Xbox One and frequently plays Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on his computer.

8. Laptop Stand
"I use a laptop stand 'cos its more natural for my posture stay corrected and also helps to keep the screen on eye-level, instead of having to tilt my head down to look at the screen." Not only for athletes, but the everyday office workers should use a laptop stand too to avoid your shoulders from curling forward and necks to get stiff.

9. Money Clip
"I don't like bulky wallets, and I certainly don't like it when it shows through my pants. This money clip is slim and lets me carry all the cards that I need and also some cash that I might need in emergencies." You should use a money clip, especially if you have bulky running back thighs like Tirtawidjaja, then a bulging wallet on your pants will make you look short and stocky.

10. Noise-Cancelling Headphones
"Not much to say, but I bring my headphones on every trip I go to. These headphones have helped me get some rest on long flights to the East Coast, over the Atlantic to London, and flights back home to Indonesia. Crying babies, snoring people, none of that can stop me from listening to my podcasts and falling asleep on the plane."

All products featured on GQ are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.

*10 Things Julio Tirtawidjaja Can't Live Without - Jay_Doctor - 03-17-2020

Saxophone finally getting the respect it deserves

*10 Things Julio Tirtawidjaja Can't Live Without - mithrandir - 03-24-2020

What kind of hot sauces do you like? Ever had Lucky Dog Sauce or Marie Sharp's?