International Simulation Football League
*First S22 Mock Draft 2 Rounds Version 1.0 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *First S22 Mock Draft 2 Rounds Version 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=20283)

Pages: 1 2

*First S22 Mock Draft 2 Rounds Version 1.0 - Thiath - 03-20-2020

This is a big season for the NSFL, with the largest draft class it has ever seen. Not only that, but two brand new teams are being added. Originally I planned to post this mock draft after week four, but the expansion announcement put a damper on things, as I am working towards gaining a franchise of my own.

Before we begin I'd like to thank @Troen for creating an excellent team needs article that you can find here. It has made my job significantly easier than when I was first creating this mock.

Tie breakers will be decided by points against, and expansion teams will be drafted similarly to how Dallas and London drafted. I will only be doing the first two rounds for now, later in the season I will do a four round mock draft including trades. Without further ado, let's begin.

Without knowing which expansion teams have won the bid, and not being able to see the results of an expansion draft. It is nearly impossible to know exactly who is getting picked with the first two selections this year. For now at least, you'll have to take both of these picks with a massive grain of salt, as they could easily be anybody.

1) EXP 1 DT - Phat Boi KCC

Needs: Everything

A defensive tackle first overall could be seen as a bit of a gamble. Though if an expansion team wants an immediate presence in their locker room. There's hardly a better choice. As a rising star, Phat Boi is well regarded by NSFL and DSFL Gm's alike. With incredible strength and speed, Boi will be a major anchor point in any defense. His presence around the league truly cannot be understated, even at this point in the season, bet your money on Phat Boi being in the top five.

2) EXP 2 RB - White Goodman DAL

Needs: Everything

Another selection for an expansion team based on value. Being able to secure a dedicated player like Goodman early would be excellent for a new franchise. One of the best running backs of his class, Goodman has certainly begun to make a name for himself in the DSFL. Getting high praise from his teammates as a natural born leader, he'd be a great addition to any locker room. Though of course, this pick can't be taken too seriously until an expansion draft is completed.

3) ARI S - Johnny Hellzapoppin - Myrtle Beach

Needs: CB, S, DL

The outlaws have found themselves in quite a hole so far this season. Johnny Hellzapoppin will be step one in rebuilding their defense that's given up the most points in the league. Hellzapoppin has shown himself to be quite a major part of the Buccaneers locker room. Coming from a place that has been notorious for creating top tier talent, this combination should leave him high on many draft boards.

4) PHI CB - Thubba Bumper NOR

Needs: S, CB, DT, DE, LB

The first corner off the board, no surprises that it’s Bumper. Incredibly productive on the field as well as in the locker room. Norfolk cannot say enough about the young athlete. The Liberty need corner more than most after the recent retirement of Julian McMorris. Thubba Bumper won’t fill the hole immediately but will certainly be a valuable asset for their future.

5) SJS S - Buck Thornton MIN

Needs: S, RB, WR, LB, K

Buck Thornton has been on the top of many evaluations even going into the S21 draft. It should then be no surprise to see him near the top of the class in S22. A strong part of the Greyducks secondary alongside teammate Sebatian Vettel, Thornton will look to prove he can excel on his own, and the Sabrecats will happily give him the opportunity.

6) YKW LB - Stanis?aw Koniecpolski DAL

Needs: S, LB, TE, CB, DE

Easily the best line backs of his class Koniecpolski will be a steal at six. A high work ethic and impressive strength is what every team wants on the defensive line. Through six weeks Stanislaw has shown to be a standout on the Birddogs defense, his draft stock should continue to rise.

7) COL CB - Tyler Oles JR POR

Needs: CB, LB, WR

Another corner prospect that has been getting plenty of attention from front offices. The son of the legendary corner turned quarterback by the same name. Oles is a standout player that will certainly be one to watch if Portland can maintain their current streak.

8) PHI From CHI DE Troen Egghands - Myrtle Beach

Needs: S, CB, DT, DE, LB

With four picks in the first two rounds of the draft. The Philadelphia Liberty has unique flexibility when it comes to who’s available. Using that flexibility to the fullest they take a strong defensive end candidate from Myrtle Beach.

9) AUS DT - Magnus Rikiya NOR

Needs: DT, DE, S, K

With Phat Boi and Egghands gone, the next most likely candidate for Austin is Magnus Rikiya. The defensive tackle from Norfolk has been making waves recently around the league, especially in New Orleans. Unless the second line can offer something the Copperheads can’t refuse, it’s unlikely this pick will change. Rikiya is regarded as the second best defensive tackle behind only Phat Boi. Getting him at nine is an incredible value for anyone, and his presence will be felt almost immediately in Austin.

10) OCO TE - Jeffrey Phillips DAL

Needs: TE, RB, K

This is the pick I’m most confident with this early in the season. Johnny Blaze will be entering his ninth season in S22, so it won’t be a surprise to see the Otters look towards replacing the star tight end. Jeffrey Phillips out of Dallas could be just that and then some. With a somewhat limited tight end class this year, it’s important Orange County gets the best option.

11) BAL LB - Derred de Ville LON

Needs: CB, S, LB, DL, TE

Some have called him the heart of the London locker room, Cadillac Harris stating “He’s a cool dude.” A leader through and through, the Hawks will be happy to strengthen their hole at linebacker in a class with not many options at the position.

12) NOLA WR - Eddie Jeeta KCC

Needs: LB, WR, S

Jeeta is yet one of many Kansas City prospects on the rise in recent weeks. With speed few have been able to match, he’s made a name for himself among DSFL and NSFL circles alike. Eddie has been making his way up draft boards for weeks, some are starting to say he’s the number one receiver in his class. An already potent New Orleans team gets even more dangerous with the twelfth pick.

Round 2

This is where we run into our first major issue, because I know less than nothing about the expansion teams I have to make major assumptions. Normally, the second round pick for a team is reserved for the GM. However in this scenario I will draft them as if they are already an established franchise without a GM in the DSFL.

For the second round, things aren't as clear cut as they likely will be in the first, so for that reason, I will be mentioning other names that could potentially be selected without going in depth.

13) EXP 1 WR - William Lim DAL

In this scenario, the first expansion team is looking to create an immediate locker room presence with Phat Boi and now William Lim. Lim has been an integral part of the Dallas offense and has shown his value in the locker room as well. Another player that will be getting lots of interest in the coming weeks.

Other possible selections: DT - Deshun Jones, S - Matt “Son of Havoc” Cross

14) EXP 2 DT - Octavio Clemente - Myrtle Beach

With the top two defensive tackles flying off the board, the second expansion looks to get an anchor on their defensive line. Another prospect from Myrtle Beach, Clemente should quickly become a solid starter in the NSFL. Surprising speed and incredible athleticism should allow him to punish opposing quarterbacks for many seasons to come.

Other possible selections LB - Lawrence Bath, RB - Tatsu Nakamaru

15) ARI CB - Eldrick Avery LON

Eldrick Avery hasn’t gotten the same team player mentions as some of his teammates. However, he has certainly let his play speak for itself. A productive member of the London secondary, he will be getting plenty of looks from GM’s if he continues to play at the same level.

Other possible selections: CB - Chester Sweets, DT - Mo “Mamba” Magic

16) PHI DT - Mo "Mamba" Magic MIN

Another defensive tackle is off the board at sixteen. Mo Magic is loved by many in the DSFL, but it seems that at the moment he hasn’t had the same amount of attention at the NSFL level. Of course, that cannot take away the fact that the Greyducks superstar should not be overlooked. He has certainly been productive in six games with Minnesota, and will be a good fit for the Liberty’s rebuilding defense.

Other possible selections RB - Kichwa Jones, WR - Kevin Koh

17) SJS QB - Monty Jack - DAL

Under cosmic law, the Jack brother’s destinations have been predetermined. Being as it may, the Sabrecats will most likely look to trade down in the second, be sure to look for my next mock draft for possible trades.

18) YKW QB - Colby Jack - LON

After winning the gods favor, the wraiths also get their quarterback of the future in Colby Jack. The Wraiths will also more than likely look to trade down here, so you’ll also have to wait for my second mock draft to see what sorts of chaos will come from this.

19) COL WR - Michael Witheblock - KCC

The compliment to star wideout Eddie Jeeta, Whitheblock has made a name for himself all the same. Another speedy receiver any team would love to have, the Yeti find what could prove itself to be a steal. A more unknown player to more casual viewers, Witheblock will certainly be one to watch as more mocks emerge going forward.

Other possible selections: WR - Kevin Koh, WR - William Alexander

20) PHI From CHI S - Sebastian Vettel MIN

Another very talented safety in a class that’s loaded with talent. Sebastian Vettel has proven himself to be an important leader in the Greyducks locker room. Though he hasn’t gotten the same notoriety as his counterpart Thornton. Vettel has begun to set himself apart with his adaptability on the field. Seemingly able to place himself anywhere he’s needed, the Liberty will make full use of his versatility.

Other possible selections S - Quinn Hughes, CB Chester Sweets.

21) AUS DE - Sandro Ryeu - LON

A fan favorite player for the Royals, Ryeu stands out as one of only a few emerging defensive ends in this class. One of the fastest edge rushers in his class, it may be a surprise to some that he would fall this far. Though it is not a huge position of need for most teams, don’t be surprised to see the copperheads involved in a trade up to select Sandro.

Other possible selections: S - Eric Barlow, RB - Kichwa Jones

22) OCO RB - Acura Skyline - LON

Acura Skyline is quickly becoming a strong contendor for the best runningback in the class. Putting up incredible performances every week, there's no doubt he'll be one of the earliest backs off the board. For a team like the otters that doesn't have the same needs as many others, they could very easily wait and still get a high caliber player at twenty-two.

Other possible selections: RB - Kichwa Jones, CB - Chester Sweets

23) BAL CB - Brandon Booker - Myrtle Beach

This may be somewhat of a head scratcher from some, as there are several corners that many have rated higher than Booker. This is where Myrtle Beach’s reputation for defensive backs plays it’s hand. Booker is, according to many in the Buc’s locker room, an incredible team player with a high work ethic. These qualities will surely grab the attention of many GM’s

Other possible selections: CB - Chester Sweets, CB - Eldrick Avery

24) NOLA S - Eric Barlow - DAL

While Eric Barlow is not regarded by many as one of the top safeties in this year's class. At twenty-four, the Second Line will be drafting based on value. With many of their presumed targets being taken, and presuming they don’t trade up. They will be drafting someone they believe will have an impact in their locker room. Barlow has proven he can be that guy, he has quietly been gaining the attention of NSFL GM’s for a while.

Other possible selections: S - Quin Hughes, S - Sebastian Vettel

*First S22 Mock Draft 2 Rounds Version 1.0 - SwankyPants31 - 03-20-2020

Your lack of Luchadores disturbs me

*First S22 Mock Draft 2 Rounds Version 1.0 - Memento Mori - 03-20-2020

Think I'd be surprised to see two RBs go in the first two rounds after the #Frostslide. Looking forward to 2.0!

*First S22 Mock Draft 2 Rounds Version 1.0 - siddhus - 03-20-2020

Ur telling me that no none GM QBs go in first two rounds?

*First S22 Mock Draft 2 Rounds Version 1.0 - Duilio05 - 03-20-2020

(03-20-2020, 09:06 PM)siddhus Wrote:Ur telling me that no none GM QBs go in first two rounds?

There's quite the active QB market. This class alone has several QBs and there's still Waldo & Leaf from the past classes still looking for a home. Also Austin's blueprint of having a gm create as QB for a expansion team probably gets copied by at least one. So looking at a market of about 6 non GM QBs competing for 3 relatively soon to be open QB positions. So there's enough options for teams that QBs could fall completely out of the top two rounds. Just this last draft we were able to wait till the 5th round before finally drafting a QB for life after Havran.

*First S22 Mock Draft 2 Rounds Version 1.0 - Unicorn - 03-20-2020

arizona has liberty 2nd fyi

*First S22 Mock Draft 2 Rounds Version 1.0 - Thiath - 03-20-2020

(03-20-2020, 09:24 PM)Unicorn Wrote:arizona has liberty 2nd fyi

when in the name of christ did this happen

*First S22 Mock Draft 2 Rounds Version 1.0 - Unicorn - 03-20-2020

(03-20-2020, 10:38 PM)Thiath Wrote:when in the name of christ did this happen
it was during the S21 draft lol

*First S22 Mock Draft 2 Rounds Version 1.0 - Symmetrik - 03-20-2020

I want to see

FAIR.

RUBS.