International Simulation Football League
*An Interview with the Parents of James Angler - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *An Interview with the Parents of James Angler (/showthread.php?tid=20353)

*An Interview with the Parents of James Angler - tMuse - 03-23-2020

Why don't you start by telling us something about yourself?
Tom – “I'm Tom Angler, the father of James. I’m 44 years old and live with my wife in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. I work as a construction worker and I'm a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan!”

Marry – “I'm Marry Angler and I’m 43 years old and I work as a pharmacist. I'm not a huge football fan but I haven't missed a single game of James, so when he plays, Tom and I are there to cheer him on.”

You say you're a Pittsburgh Steelers fan Tom, what was the first Steelers game you saw at the stadium?
Tom – “I remember that very well! That was in 2000, the third week in September against the Cleveland Browns. It was a very close and exciting game, unfortunately the Steelers lost. Nevertheless, the Steelers fought well! It was a great atmosphere in the stadium, and it was an indescribable feeling to be there live for the first time!”

What was James like as a child? Was he athletic?
Tom – “James was a very active and cheerful child. He had many friends and walked around a lot. During the week I was away a lot with work but on weekends we always threw the ball around. James was very sporty as a child. He was in a golf club and played golf there every Wednesday afternoon. Like I said, he used to practice football passes with me on weekends.”

Marry – “James was a very sweet child, as a baby he was very quiet and let us sleep often. In primary school he had many friends with whom he often played. He was very active and did a lot of sports. Mostly he looked forward to the weekend when his father Tom came home from work and threw the football back and forth with him. In his childhood I was at home most of the time and looked after James and the household. Since he went to high school, I've been back to my job as a pharmacist.”

What was James' greatest inspiration?
Tom – “James said in an interview that I was his greatest inspiration. However, I did nothing more in the direction of football than playing ball with him and bringing him to the stadium for the games. James was also a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers; I think the Steelers were James' real inspiration. He was always very energetic at the stadium and he was a big supporter of them.”

Marry – “Definitely his father Tom! Tom always says it was the Steelers but without Tom our son would never have gotten into football. Tom pushed James a little bit at first to throw the football back and forth in the garden with him. In the beginning James could hardly catch the ball and his throwing technique was rather bad. But they did that every weekend and James improved quickly with throwing and catching.”

How did James get into football?
Tom – “Well, James didn't relate to football at all when he was little. He played golf for a long time before he got interested in football. Eventually he started watching football with me. When I took him to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the stadium, he got hooked. He always asked me when the next game was and if we were going back to the stadium. Then he started playing on a kids team. He was the Tight End for his team. Even though kid football isn’t that serious he did a great job!”

Marry – “James came to football through his father. They watched a lot of football on TV and went to the stadium a lot. They also used to pass the ball to each other on weekends. “

How does it feel to see your son playing in the DSFL?
Tom – “I’m incredibly proud of my son James. He lives further away now, so we don't see each other that often anymore, but I watch every game of James with my wife online.”

Marry – “I’m the proudest mother in the world! When I think about how I saw my little son in the garden playing ball with his father and how far he has come I still can't believe it. I believe my son has a great future and career ahead of him!”

What are your hopes and wishes for your son?
Tom – “I just wish that James has a great career and much happiness in his future life. I’m incredibly proud of my son and will support him every step of the way.”

Marry – “I just hope that my son James has a great life ahead of him. He has great friends at the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers who support him and help him to get the best out of himself.”

That wraps it up. Thank you for your time Marry and Tom.

Quote:804 words

Disclaimer: not a native speaker sorry if there are some grammar mistakes.