International Simulation Football League
*DSFL Award Predictions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL Award Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=20464)

Pages: 1 2

*DSFL Award Predictions - Bayley - 03-27-2020

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: new-york-giants-award-predictions-for-th...season.jpg][/div]

Punter of the Year:
Winner: B. Boomski (DAL)
Statistics: 69 Punts, 3,090 yards, 44.8 average, 12 punts inside 20
Runner-up: J. Small (TIJ), S. Linsey (LDN)
Analysis: This one should be a pretty good decision to make as Boomski has had a fantastic year for Dallas. Now, obviously, Dallas has punted the ball the most, so I looked at Average per punt as well as punts inside the 20 as that shows effectiveness of the specific punter. Boomski should be the one winning this award, I would be surprised if he did not end up taking home this specific award given the fact that he has done great so far.

Kicker of the Year:
Winner: L. Louis (KC)
Statistics: 17/17 FG, 20/21 XP, 9/9 20-29, 4/4 30-39, 2/2 40-49
Runner-up: B. Boomski (DAL)
Other notable candidates: S. Sidekick (NOR)
Analysis: I think Louis should be the one running away with the award despite only kicking in 8 games as a rookie. He has yet to miss a field goal as well as only has missed one extra point with the longest field goal being that of 47 yards. This is fantastic, so I really think that he will run away with the win. Boomski is right behind him, but with 3 less field goal makes. I think Kansas City has a really good, young rookie kicker on their hands.

Defensive Back of the Year:
Winner: Z. Kehla (POR)
Statistics: 5 INT, 7 PD, 26 Tackles, 1 Block Punt
Runner-up: Q. Hughes (LDN)
Other notable candidates: B. Thornton (MINN)
Analysis: This one is so close. There are so many options, but I went with Zehla from the Portland Pythons. I think that Hughes, Thornton, and even a couple other people are right on the heels of Kehla, so this could easily change. The reason I went with Kehla was the fact that Portland is second in the league in Pass Defense, so there is no doubt that he has been a huge impact to the team. They are also 3rd in the league in total yards given up. Thornton actually has some really nice statistics as well as Hughes, so this could easily change. I love the fact that he has gotten his hands on the ball 12 times in his 10 games. That is what you ask of a Cornerback, so I went with him for the win.

Linebacker of the Year:
Winner: D. De Ville (LDN)
Statistics: 94 Tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 8 sacks, 7 pass deflections
Runner-up: S. Ryeu (LDN)
Other notable candidates: B. Bayley Jr (DAL), R. Scott (NOR)
Analysis: This may not be as close as it looks as De Ville should run away with the award. He's been a great all around Linebacker. He has literally done everything from pass deflections in pass coverage to sacks, to forcing fumbles, to making tackles when he needs to make the tackles. I think that London will have the top two Linebackers when the voting comes around. There are a lot of people that could really come into the conversation, but I look at more than just tackles, because Linebackers do a lot more than just tackle, so that is why I went with De Ville for the Linebacker of the Year.

Defensive Line of the Year:
Winner: D. Jimbo Jr. (NOR)
Statistics: 39 Tackles, 16 Tackles for Loss, 1 Forced Fumble, 8 Sacks
Runner-up:L. Noble Jr (POR)
Other notable candidates: T. Egghands (MB), M. Hole (MINN)
Analysis: The lack of sacks so far surprises me a little bit, I mean 8 is still pretty good, but I would expect a little more, but who am I to comment. Though Noble has 4 more Tackle for Loss, he has 4 more sacks and I think that is a little more impact than the tackle for loss, especially when you look at the forced fumble. I think that the last few games could really dictate this win, but I would expect that Jimbo would run away from the field as long as Norfolk can keep up to it on defense.

Tight End of the Year:
Winner: J. Lewandowski (NOR)
Statistics: 33 Catches, 262 Yards, 2 Touchdowns
Runner-up: D. Arrabiata (LDN)
Other notable candidates: T. Gelbman (KC)
Analysis: This one is another one completely up in the air, but I looked at Touchdowns first and foremost. Tight End is really a tough position, because you do not typically see a ton of impact from this player, so for Lewandowski to have 33 catches is really great in that Norfolk offense. In fact, that 33 catches puts him 9th in the entire league in number of catches, so that is pretty impressive. If Gelbman or Arrabiata were to catch more touchdowns, they could definitely upset Lewandowski, but right now, if he stays on pace, I would expect him to have the hardware when it comes to Awards Ceremony time.

Wide Receiver of the Year:
Winner: R. Okusi (POR)
Statistics: 49 Catches, 615 yards, 4 Touchdowns
Runner-up: E. Jeeta (KC)
Other notable candidates: F. Vequain (TIJ), T. Passman (TIJ), S. Cash Jr (LDN)
Analysis: I love what I have seen from Okusi so far this season with his league leading 49 catches, league leading 615 yards, and 3rd in the league touchdown numbers. He has been a huge impact for the Pythons so far this season and he's on a really great pace. He averages just about 61 yards per game which is fantastic. I do think Jeeta could catch up as he is only 60 yards behind with the same amount of touchdowns, but for right now, Okusi has the edge in the award for me.

Running Back of the Year:
Winner: D. Frost (MB)
Statistics: 228 Carries, 1,166 Yards, 5.1 Average, 8 TD
Runner-up: A. Skyline (LDN)
Other notable candidates: A. Nova (KC), T. Nakamura (POR)
Analysis: This was another tough one to pick, but I ended up going with Frost who had less yards than Skyline, but a better average and more touchdowns despite having 30 less carries than Skyline does. I think Myrtle has been great on the ground and Frost has been largely the reason why. He has really carried the team to the second best rushing attack with the best average in the league. I think Myrtle Beach would have the best if they had the amount of attempts that London has. Frost gets the win for me, but it's close.

Quarterback of the Year:
Winner: C. Fujiwara (KC)
Statistics: 132/222, 1,392 Yards, 59.5%, 8 TD, 5 INT
Runner-up: G. O'Donnell (POR)
Other notable candidates: C. Ramos (MB)
Analysis: This is ugly, real ugly. Fujiwara wins this for me despite having over 100 yards less than O'Donnell does because of the percentage as well as the TD/INT. It really was tough as everyone loves to throw interceptions with the exception of Skywalker, but he really does not throw the ball too much. So, that is why I went with Fujiwara for the QB of the Year award.

How'd I do? Disagree?
Quote:Words: 1,186

*DSFL Award Predictions - Jay_Doctor - 03-27-2020

I think Hexagon is worthy of top 3 for Defensive Back of the year. Ton of tackles, 3 picks in the last 4 games and one for a touchdown.

(03-27-2020, 10:08 AM)Jay_Doctor Wrote:I think Hexagon is worthy of top 3 for Defensive Back of the year. Ton of tackles, 3 picks in the last 4 games and one for a touchdown.
There are so many ways to go with that award. It depends what means the most. I don't value tackles as a defensive back; maybe if you're a safety, but that means you're allowing a catch. Hands on balls means no catch.

*DSFL Award Predictions - Briedaqueduc - 03-27-2020

where's OL of the year? smh

*DSFL Award Predictions - SabaDonutMan - 03-27-2020

That’s a weird way to spell MacGregor

*DSFL Award Predictions - retrospace111 - 03-27-2020

I love to see myself getting the respect I deserve. I'm way ahead of everyone else in interceptions and I capitalize on opportunities. QBs are starting to stop throwing my way and you're going to have to watch the film to see what I'm talking about. When the QB does make the mistake of throwing my way, you should expect me to pick it off...

*DSFL Award Predictions - Frostbite - 03-27-2020

Okusi also leads the league in drops...

(03-27-2020, 10:01 AM)BayleyIsland Wrote:Quarterback of the Year:
Winner: C. Fujiwara (KC)
Statistics: 132/222, 1,392 Yards, 59.5%, 8 TD, 5 INT
Runner-up: G. O'Donnell (POR)
Other notable candidates: C. Ramos (MB)
Analysis: This is ugly, real ugly. Fujiwara wins this for me despite having over 100 yards less than O'Donnell does because of the percentage as well as the TD/INT. It really was tough as everyone loves to throw interceptions with the exception of Skywalker, but he really does not throw the ball too much. So, that is why I went with Fujiwara for the QB of the Year award.

2 of those 5 interceptions were from yours truly, I did all I could to get O'Donnell an advantage over the others

(03-27-2020, 12:21 PM)Frostbite Wrote:Okusi also leads the league in drops...

source?

(03-27-2020, 12:22 PM)retrospace111 Wrote:source?
There are more sortable stuff in the file that you can't find on the index.