International Simulation Football League
*Top 10 S22 DSFL Linebackers - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Top 10 S22 DSFL Linebackers (/showthread.php?tid=20471)

Pages: 1 2

*Top 10 S22 DSFL Linebackers - Booger - 03-27-2020

As a linebacker, I understand the ins and outs of the position. Through week 10 of the DSFL season, a handful of top notch linebackers have separated themselves from the rest of the crew. These high earning tackling machines are looking to leave a mark on the NSFL upon entry next season (unless they're sent down, in which case they will wreak more havoc upon the newbies), and I'm here to tell you who the best are.

---------------------------------------

Elite: These linebackers have proven themselves to be the cream of the crop. No runner can escape their grasp, and they've got the speed to lock down some of the league's top receiving threats.

So I just realized MacGregor is in fact a S21 linebacker. Sorry about that but Ill leave it in there because he's been having a great year and $.

Gregor MacGregor POR (@`KanakoTheSquirrel`): 232 TPE
MacGregor has been one of the best linebackers in the DSFL this season. At the moment, just after the conclusion of the DSFL's 10th season, MacGregor has 116 tackles. 116. That comes out to 11.6 tackles/game (quick maths). If he stays on the pace he's been at for the remaining 4 weeks, MacGregor would reach around 162 tackles by the end of the year. For reference, Kurt Hendrix had 144 tackles during the 2016 NSFL season, a number far behind the 162 MacGregor is estimated to reach. MacGregor also adds a couple tackles for loss, an interception (returned for a touchdown), and a pass defended to his stat sheet. If he keeps this up, MacGregor will be able to transition smoothly into life as an NSFL stud, and given his current earning pattern, will quickly catch up with a lot of the competition.

Stainslaw Koniecpolski DAL (@majesiu): 229 TPE
After a masterful performance from Koniecpolski this evening, he finds himself in 4th place for total tackles with 101, just behind Trevor Mouseman. Koniecpolski hasn’t only been tackling this season, with 2 tackles for loss, a forced fumble, a sack, interception, and a couple of passes defended, Koniecpolski has been all over the field so far. For an NSFL focus on just tackles in a player would be detrimental to the entire organization, given the fact that an LB's true potential comes from their ability to wreck games in their entirety.

Derred De Ville LON (@Exilizer): 205 TPE
In my opinion, De Ville has been the best linebacker this season. Just from seeing his username next to mine on every claim thread, I know De Ville is an extremely active member. Not only this, but he is an extremely active player. His stats are off the charts: 94 tackles (ok yeah i've seen better), 2 forced fumbles (well alright), 2 fumbles recovered (could just be luck), 8 sacks (excuse me!?), 7 passes defended (how on earth!?). I am genuinely confused as to how this man finds himself destroying quarterbacks and clamping receivers simultaneously!? Opposing teams beware of the hybrid corner/defensive end.

----------------------------------------

Pretty Damn Good: These linebackers, while at the top of the stat sheet, have a few underlying issues which may make them a little less appealing to potential suitors. Of course, we are dealing with great, high achieving players here, and though it may seem as though I’m slandering them, I truly believe they have the potential to be even greater than they already are, and all of them will make a huge impact on the NSFL

Lawrence Bass MIN (@[RussDrivesTheBuss]): 162 TPE
I'm writing this on the eve of a tremendous performance by Bass. He had 29 tackles over two games tonight, ridiculous. He is now at a total of 109 for the season, second in the DSFL. Just like MacGregor, Bass has also dropped ball carriers in the backfield twice, has accrued 2 sacks on the season, and has defended a single pass. One thing to note is that Bass has had trouble doing things other than tackle, as he lacks an interception or multiple passes defended, but anyone who tackles as well as he can should be a force in the NSFL.

Sean O’Dononohue KCC (@seanod123]): 76 TPE
Well I’ve got a little more bias here, but let me tell you, Sean can do everything. He’s got 78 tackles on the season, 5 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble, 6 sacks, 1 interception, and 10 passes defended. He’s basically a slightly lesser version of De Ville but will most likely not go as high a round. However, Sean’s TPE is very low, and he hasn’t been active since March 1st. I’m not sure if this has to do with his personal life or if he’s just given up on the league, but beware of drafting him despite his great performance so far.

Bayley Benson Jr DAL (@`BayleyIsland`): 136 TPE
Benson may end up being one of the more overlooked linebackers on the board, and he’s definitely got the potential to be a pretty nice steal. This stems from his 75 tackles, a good, not great number. But again, it's important to assess the players ability to do things other than tackle. Benson has racked up 3 tackles for loss, 6 sacks, 10 passes defended, and a safety so far this season, which are some really terrific numbers.

----------------------------------------

Solid but in Need of Improvement: These 5 linebackers have the makings of NSFL greats, but they have some kinks to work out first. Some are one dimensional, lacking stats other than tackling, and others are simply not there TPE wise, which may pose challenges for them going forward.

Corpse Grinder Fisher TIJ (@AL_GRINGO) 129 TPE
The Corpse Grinder has been living up to his name so far this season. With 82 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, a sack, and interception, and a couple passes defended, Fisher has begun to make a name for himself early on. Overall he seems to be a very balanced, all around linebacker with the ability to do really anything. With continued TPE growth Fisher has the potential to be a solid NSFL linebacker for many years to come.

Samuel L Sackson MIN (@Ortecam) 91 TPE
Sackson has been having a pretty great year. With now 79 tackles on the season, a couple forced fumbles and a single fumble recovery, 5 sacks, and 3 passes defended, Sackson has shown he can do more than just what his name implies. Again though, his TPE is on the lower side for this list, so it may be difficult for Sackson to maintain his productivity once he starts to play in the NSFL. But, with another year in the DSFL, he should have plenty of time to catch up with the competition.

Fawn Dillmiballs KCC (@`enforcer`): 129 TPE
Well, obviously I’ve got a bit of bias here, but I’ll try to approach this as reasonably as I can. Fawn has been having a good year. He’s got 84 tackles on the season, landing him 9th in that category, and he’s got an average of 8.4 tackles/game. This isn’t ridiculous, but shows he’s able to get to the ball carrier and take them down with reasonable efficiency. He adds a forced fumble, a sack, an interception, and a pass defended to his stat sheet as well. The one category where Fawn is lacking is tackles for loss. With 0 on the season so far, a few question marks are raised as Fawn’s speed/strength, two crucial aspects a linebacker needs. But, given my insider knowledge, I’ve heard Fawn understands this as well, and is resolving to dedicate some extra time on the track and in the weight room. Maybe if he hadn’t dumped a bunch into intelligence he’d be better. Who needs brains when you’re a freak of nature. Well I guess he can write fantastic media articles as a result, a solid sign for an NSFL player.

Spike Suzuki NOR (@xbijin): 121 TPE
One of Spike’s only downsides is his one dimensionality. He lacks stats other than tackling. With 96 tackles, a very impressive number to be fair, and a single tackle for loss as well as pass defended, Spike fails to have a sack or an interception to prove his ability to wreak havoc around the field. That isn’t to say he won’t be a terrific linebacker, we are dealing with the best of the best here, just that without significant improvements to his TPE, he may fail to do things other than tackle in the NSFL.

Haha Mango-Panda DAL (@furiousPanda): 148 TPE
Mango-Panda is another somewhat one dimensional linebacker so far. With 75 tackles and 3 passes defended being his only documented statistics so far this season, it's fair to say some may have doubts as to how Mango-Panda will end up performing in the NSFL. However, I must say that 75 tackles is quite substantial, and he’ll be drafted reasonably early as a solid tackler alone. Plus, his TPE is on par with much of the other S22 linebackers, so he may just be having a more quiet year.

-----------------------------------------

So, those were my top 10 S22 linebackers. Let me know what you think. Do you agree with my list? Is there someone I left out? This year’s linebacker class seems pretty strong, so an NSFL team can’t really go wrong with any of these guys. And, we’ve got another 4 weeks in the season so some of these guys might start filling out the stat sheet a little more while others may grind out TPE (like me) to give them the best chance for success going forward.

*Top 10 S22 DSFL Linebackers - majesiu - 03-27-2020

Good article & thanks for the kind words. I'm certainly looking to be playing in NSFL next year.

(03-27-2020, 10:25 AM)majesiu Wrote:Good article & thanks for the kind words. I'm certainly looking to be playing in NSFL next year.

No problem man! Keep up the good work!

*Top 10 S22 DSFL Linebackers - Exilizer - 03-27-2020

Thanks man, great article!

*Top 10 S22 DSFL Linebackers - Bayley - 03-27-2020

Thanks for the mention @`enforcer` good work!

(03-27-2020, 10:40 AM)Exilizer Wrote:Thanks man, great article!

No problem! You're a beast!

*Top 10 S22 DSFL Linebackers - xbijin - 03-27-2020

Thanks for the analysis! I agree I need to show more than tackling, but I'm here to work for it. Great read.

(03-27-2020, 10:56 AM)xbijin Wrote:Thanks for the analysis! I agree I need to show more than tackling, but I'm here to work for it. Great read.

No problem! Im sure a lot of it boils down to the sim but 96 tackles is ridiculous so Im sure you'll be a great pickup wherever you land.

*Top 10 S22 DSFL Linebackers - AL_GRINGO - 03-28-2020

Thanks for the love! I feel like I have not missed any TPE opportunities besides better equipment but somehow guys are like 100 tpe above me. Just gotta keep grinding these corpses till the league takes notice!

*Top 10 S22 DSFL Linebackers - Forty Jordy - 03-28-2020

If my boy, furiousPanda is really ranked this low, he will be the steal of the draft! He should really be top tier talent!