International Simulation Football League
League Name Change Poll - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: League Name Change Poll (/showthread.php?tid=20539)

Pages: 1 2

League Name Change Poll - Memento Mori - 03-28-2020

The repercussions of the fact that the league name abbreviates to 'NSFL', Not Safe For Life, are brought up every now and then.

There's several other reasons people have advocated for changing the name (for example, concerns about accessing the site at work or school), but I think the main one is just the fact that it's the first thing a lot of people comment on after being introduced to the league. For example, here's one of the top-rated comments on the r/NFL recruitment post. They're obviously joking and the name didn't stop 200+ people joining, but we'd much rather have them asking questions about the league. [Image: 2c9b5ef45700dc8b1c0a64e1ef262825.png]

I'm going to suggest a really simple solution and say we change the name to the International Simulation Football League. Only involves adding five letters to the first word - so when said aloud it's very similar to the current name - and we have teams from Canada, Mexico and the UK in the league so it makes sense. It also means the DSFL can keep its current name and the names would still be in the same format, it'd just be the ISFL and the DSFL instead.

I'm sure other people can make the case for or against changing the name better than me, so I'll leave that for people to do in the replies if they want.

Made a google form to collect opinions on if the name should be changed and if they have any name suggestions - I've made it so that you have to sign in in order to respond just so people don't vote twice.

Would like to get enough responses so as to draw reasonable conclusions from it so please fill it in whether you want a name change or not, and regardless of if you have any ideas what the new name could be.

League Name Change Poll - hihihi_62 - 03-28-2020

Memento Mori for President 2020

League Name Change Poll - iamslm22 - 03-28-2020

smh what bum on reddit said that

League Name Change Poll - Jiggly_333 - 03-28-2020

ASFL

American Simulation Football League

It's all in North America, right?

League Name Change Poll - Modern_Duke - 03-28-2020

(03-28-2020, 09:30 PM)Jiggly_333 Wrote:ASFL

American Simulation Football League

It's all in North America, right?

LON

League Name Change Poll - goodfortunecoffee - 03-28-2020

Wasn't this voted to happen like 2 or 3 seasons ago?

League Name Change Poll - roastfuego - 03-28-2020

Here’s my idea: International Football Utopia Creates Kool Situations Like Utopian Televised Simultions

League Name Change Poll - ADwyer87 - 03-28-2020

So i know you guys are new, but the one thing we've talked about with this in the past is:

One of the main things that has held us back from a name change is that even if we change the name, we are not able to change the site name. In order to fully rebrand, we would need to change over tl a different site, which ive been told is a massive pain. This would also conflict with how we have had talks of making a new website that would offer us new capabilities, which would be a good time to make a name change. But moving to a new site to chsnge names and then moving to a new site to fo that would all be just a lot of suffering for some poor league worker haha

League Name Change Poll - 37thchamber - 03-29-2020

(03-29-2020, 05:34 AM)ADwyer87 Wrote:In order to fully rebrand, we would need to change over tl a different site, which ive been told is a massive pain. This would also conflict with how we have had talks of making a new website that would offer us new capabilities, which would be a good time to make a name change. But moving to a new site to chsnge names and then moving to a new site to chsnge names and then moving to a new site to fo that would all be just a lot of suffering for some poor league worker haha

I don't follow. I'm not seeing how these things conflict, or how a name change creates significantly more work if we want to move to a new site. Just move to a new site after a name change is decided...

As for here, we can't change the domain, sure... but we can change the banner and headings accordingly, then redirect from a different URL. I can create forum.sim-football.com and point it here in literally minutes.

Am I missing something here?

League Name Change Poll - ADwyer87 - 03-29-2020

(03-29-2020, 01:49 AM)37thchamber Wrote:I don't follow. I'm not seeing how these things conflict, or how a name change creates significantly more work if we want to move to a new site. Just move to a new site after a name change is decided...

As for here, we can't change the domain, sure... but we can change the banner and headings accordingly, then redirect from a different URL. I can create forum.sim-football.com and point it here in literally minutes.

Am I missing something here?
Are you not the one who told me all of this stuff? I remember talking to the sim development team was the exact reason i formed this opinion haha