International Simulation Football League
Suggestion: Release expansion draft results sooner - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Release expansion draft results sooner (/showthread.php?tid=20608)

Suggestion: Release expansion draft results sooner - Troen - 03-30-2020

The S22 offseason schedule has the expansion draft starting on April 9th and results announced on Monday the 13th. The NSFL draft stream is on the 17th, meaning that we only have ~4 weekdays to do post-expansion pre-draft analysis and mocks. I think it would be more useful for people who want to do said analysis and mocks to release the results once they're done (hopefully/presumably by Friday the 10th) so that we have a week (and importantly the weekend) to write more. Also, bonus draft media ends on the end of April 12th, meaning that no analysis done after the expansion results will be eligible for that which seems slightly odd.

I'm aware that the poll on streaming has 92% in favor of stream vs. 8% not and I figure that giving the event team time to prepare for that is part of why the results are later, but I still wanted to suggest and earlier timeline.

Suggestion: Release expansion draft results sooner - infinitempg - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 09:10 AM)Troen Wrote:I figure that giving the event team time to prepare for that is part of why the results are later, but I still wanted to suggest and earlier timeline.

Mostly this, but also it takes a decent amount of time to get the expansion draft itself done, it's not like we sit there and get it done in a night (though that would be great). After each pick is done, the team who lost a player has to submit an updated protection sheet. Between that and us being in different timezones (there are a few GMs who are actually in Europe) it would be extremely difficult to speed up that timeline.

Suggestion: Release expansion draft results sooner - IsaStarcrossed - 03-30-2020

Yeah, as Infinite said, it isn't a short process. I would not be at all surprised if NSFL teams were dealing with the expansion draft and dealing with the first couple rounds of the S22 draft at the same time at some point.

Suggestion: Release expansion draft results sooner - ValorX77 - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 04:18 PM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:Yeah, as Infinite said, it isn't a short process. I would not be at all surprised if NSFL teams were dealing with the expansion draft and dealing with the first couple rounds of the S22 draft at the same time at some point.
I’ve been behind the scenes in last seasons draft, it takes a lot longer than you think it would.

Suggestion: Release expansion draft results sooner - Troen - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 08:16 AM)infinitempg Wrote:After each pick is done, the team who lost a player has to submit an updated protection sheet.

Yeah, this seems to be the part I thought would be faster than everyone else is thinking.

If the results can't be released earlier, I think extending the media bonus period still makes sense.

Suggestion: Release expansion draft results sooner - JKortesi81 - 03-30-2020

You animals have two full weeks to rake in as much cash as possible.

I feel like its going to be okay either way. Smile

Suggestion: Release expansion draft results sooner - IsaStarcrossed - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 12:22 PM)JKortesi81 Wrote:You animals have two full weeks to rake in as much cash as possible.

I feel like its going to be okay either way. Smile

I hear what you're saying, but hear me out. Do you know what is even better than two weeks of 1.5x media? Three weeks of 1.5x media.

(03-30-2020, 01:29 PM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:I hear what you're saying, but hear me out. Do you know what is even better than two weeks of 1.5x media? Three weeks of 1.5x media.

Two weeks of 2x Media?

(03-30-2020, 12:36 PM)JKortesi81 Wrote:Two weeks of 2x Media?

Aight, you ain't gotta hurt me like that. Sad

(03-30-2020, 02:31 PM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:Aight, you ain't gotta hurt me like that. Sad

Everybody hurts.

......sometimes.