International Simulation Football League
*Mock Expansion Draft... - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Mock Expansion Draft... (/showthread.php?tid=20613)

Pages: 1 2

*Mock Expansion Draft... - Bayley - 03-30-2020

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: k1cP48w.png]
Well, people were asking for me to do an expansion team. So, first, I went through the teams to try to guess who their top 7 would be. I tried my best to look at the team and who I would keep, so how about we go through each of the teams first in terms of the Expansion Draft! With each pick, I have taken someone off the list from that team to follow the rules of the Expansion Draft. I will go through the first 8 picks in detail.

EXPANSION DRAFT

Round 1:
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S19] CB Kacey Dream (from OCO)
Honolulu Hahalua HON - [S19] S Mason Blaylock (from NOLA)

In the first round, the Sailfish and Hahalua both have the same idea in mind. They want to bolster the secondary a bit. The Sailfish will go for Kacey Dream, a Cornerback. Scory is someone in other leagues, so you can get a lot from him. He's only a S19 pick with already 723 TPE. I think he would be borderline protected in OCO, so you really need to grab him first from Orange County. Similarly, the Hahalua will go with a Safety in Mason Blaylock. They are looking to draft for activity and Jay is a great guy. You get a 673 TPE, Season 19 Player. I think it will fit a timeline while getting a younger player.

Round 2:
Honolulu Hahalua HON -[S18] DT Bjorn Ironside (from NOLA)
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S18] WR Bender B Rodriguez (from YKW)

The Hahalua will again go the route of defense as they bring in Bjorn Ironside from the Second Line. IsaStarcrossed is a fantastic player to grab here with this pick. A S18 player that can bolster the middle of the defensive line. They will put a ton of pressure on the Quarterback for the Secondary to pick off. I think you can get a lot of value from this pick, so they will stay defense. The Sailfish will go an offensive route and go with Bender B Rodriguez. I think the Sailfish will look at the actual draft and realize that the pool has some top quality people at the top, but it's pretty shallow, so they need to bring in a guy that can be a help right away. This is why they will go with Paz who is also known across sim leagues. This is a fantastic round for both teams.

Round 3:
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S17] LB Honda Edmond (from AUS)
Honolulu Hahalua HON - [S18] WR Net Gaines (from AUS)

This is an all Austin round as they will only have one pick remaining to be taken from the team. I think each team gets a super solid player. The Sailfish will go back to taking defense as they grab Season 17 LB with 776 TPE. I think you still have some time to grow and develop with this guy as he's a pretty high quality player. I think that each team will want to make a great defense as they may have some trouble on offense getting things going. So, you get a really strong Linebacker in Edmond to bolster that. The Hahalua go their first offensive player in Net Gaines. He is a Season 18 player, so again, someone to build around. UpperNet is also known in other leagues and is pretty active, so you get a high quality, 698 TPE player with this selection.

Round 4:
Honolulu Hahalua HON - [S18] TE Earl Sauce (from COL)
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S19] TE Avon Blocksdale Jr. (from PHI)

Let the fun begin! I think this is really where the fun will begin. Taking a TE in the 4th round, what am I thinking? Am I crazy? I think each team gets a real quality pick with this selection. FBS is a really solid earner for the Colorado Yeti at 666 TPE. I really like this player, and should be a real quality pick in the 4th round. I think the Sailfish will go with Avon Blocksdale as slm will move away from the Liberty to an expansion team. He has the name that everyone knows, so why would you not take a guy like that? He is active and knowledgeable, those are the people you need from this draft. I like this pick.

Round 5:
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S18] RB Fuzzy Dotson (from PHI)
Honolulu Hahalua HON - [S18] CB Xavien Adams (from NOLA)

New Orleans will learn their fate only in the 5th round as Adams will be the last player lost from a powerful DOOT squad. The Sailfish had the first pick as the second player from Philadelphia is taken in Fuzzy Dotson. You have a really great Running Back to build around as there is a little less depth there in the draft as well. You have a few guys who would be good, but I think Dotson makes a ton of sense for the Sailfish here. Now, I know he hasn't updated in a month, but he's been on yesterday, so if you can get him back active, this is a steal. The Hahalua will go again in the secondary with Adams from NOLA. He is a 611 TPE player in the Season 18 Regression class. You get a good secondary piece for a team that has shown their importance on the defense. You need someone to cover up those Receivers, they will have Adams there.

Round 6:
Honolulu Hahalua HON - [S14] QB Cooter Bigsby (from YKW)
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S18] DE Stevo Ocewilder (from COL)

Am I crazy here to think that the Wraiths would keep Bigsby not exposed in the draft? I mean, he is regressing, so of course, this may be a good option to not protect. He would be more of a stopgap for the Hahalua who may be able to make a little run or use Bigsby as a piece to get additional draft capital. There are plenty of teams who need a Quarterback, so this could be a great piece to get another pick in the draft. The Sailfish (Surprise) will go Defensive End from Colorado. He missed an update, but it's not a big deal. Season 18 draft is going to be a crazy young team, but I really like going defensive, obviously.

Round 7:
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S18] WR Asher Quinn (from BAL)
Honolulu Hahalua HON - [S20] WR Randy Vuxta (from PHI)

Round 7 is where you go for youth or players to swap. In this case, you go both young players to build around. Both teams have the same idea as they are looking to go offensive and wide receiver. Hahalua just took a Quarterback, so they need a WR to bolster. Now, the Sailfish do not currently have a Quarterback, but they are going to look to make a splash with Quinn to build around from the WR position. Quinn has 502 TPE in Season 18, so that is a really good earner, I would definitely not be afraid to take that guy there. I think these two could really be a BOOM pick more than bust, so let's keep going young and building from the bottom.

Round 8:
Honolulu Hahalua HON - [S18] RB Michael Vincent (from COL)
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S15] S Chase Jensen (from AUS)

Colorado and Austin just found their last player and their fate. The Hahalua go with a Running Back to build around in sapp. He's a S18 player that hasn't updated in a little, but you can get a ton of good stuff from this guy. I would love to see him back active, maybe the Hahalua will be able to do that. He is a little lower, 446 TPE, but he could be a really good steal in the 8th round. Chase Jensen is a S15 player, but a really high TPE at 893 TPE. Drizzy is a good dude, so you get a solid player with this pick. You need to go for trade and another piece to trade to a contending team. How about getting more picks?

Round 9:
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S19] S Beat (from CHI)
Honolulu Hahalua HON - [S17] DT Shane Masters (from ARI)

Round 10:
Honolulu Hahalua HON - [S20] WR Jah Burberry (from ARI)
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S19] DE Gary Lazer-Eyes (from OCO)

Round 11:
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S20] RB Siddhus Sarvepally (from OCO)
Honolulu Hahalua HON - [S12] DT Freezer Reposte (from SJS)

Round 12:
Honolulu Hahalua HON - [S15] LB Gary Nikko (from BAL)
Sarasota Sailfish SAR - [S19] WR Willie B Hardagain (from ARI)

TEAM RECAP
Honolulu Hahalua HON

[S14] QB Cooter Bigsby (from YKW)
[S18] RB Michael Vincent (from COL)
[S18] WR Net Gaines (from AUS)
[S20] WR Randy Vuxta (from PHI)
[S20] WR Jah Burberry (from ARI)
[S18] TE Earl Sauce (from COL)

[S15] LB Gary Nikko (from BAL)
[S18] DT Bjorn Ironside (from NOLA)
[S17] DT Shane Masters (from ARI)
[S12] DT Freezer Reposte (from SJS)
[S18] CB Xavien Adams (from NOLA)
[S19] S Mason Blaylock (from NOLA)

Sarasota Sailfish SAR

[S18] RB Fuzzy Dotson (from PHI)
[S20] RB Siddhus Sarvepally (from OCO)
[S18] WR Bender B Rodriguez (from YKW)
[S18] WR Asher Quinn (from BAL)
[S19] WR Willie B Hardagain (from ARI)
[S19] TE Avon Blocksdale Jr. (from PHI)

[S18] DE Stevo Ocewilder (from COL)
[S17] LB Honda Edmond (from AUS)
[S19] CB Kacey Dream (from OCO)
[S19] DE Gary Lazer-Eyes (from OCO)
[S15] S Chase Jensen (from AUS)
[S19] S Beat (from CHI)[/div]
Quote:Words: 1,708

*Mock Expansion Draft... - NamelessNate - 03-30-2020

Why does Sarasota, whose GM is a running back, select 2 running backs one of which is a retiree?

*Mock Expansion Draft... - RainDelay - 03-30-2020

Well, this is certainly something! Don't think there's room in my cap space for @scorycory 's signatures though.

*Mock Expansion Draft... - Raven - 03-30-2020

Cooter-Havran tag team, we've been waiting for this for years now

(03-30-2020, 11:36 AM)NamelessNate Wrote:Why does Sarasota, whose GM is a running back, select 2 running backs one of which is a retiree?
Almost every team has multiple running backs, :shrug: You could be looking to gain players to trade as well tho, it's absolutely not the fact that I didn't look up the positions of the expansion GMs.

*Mock Expansion Draft... - JKortesi81 - 03-30-2020

I'm pretty certain you had them take two people we're protecting lol.

Smile

*Mock Expansion Draft... - ValorX77 - 03-30-2020

I figure one of those will trade for me.. ????

*Mock Expansion Draft... - Frostbite - 03-30-2020

Why would...why would Honolulu take a player who is pretty much a duplicate of Havran but slightly lower in TPE lmao. I'm also 99.9999% sure that hes going to be protected

(03-30-2020, 11:57 AM)Frostbite Wrote:Why would...why would Honolulu take a player who is pretty much a duplicate of Havran but slightly lower in TPE lmao. I'm also 99.9999% sure that hes going to be protected
Quote:So, first, I went through the teams to try to guess who their top 7 would be

*Mock Expansion Draft... - slothfacekilla - 03-30-2020

Thanks, I hate it