International Simulation Football League
*Panda's 5 round mock draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Panda's 5 round mock draft (/showthread.php?tid=20632)

*Panda's 5 round mock draft - furiousPanda - 03-30-2020

When it comes to mock drafting it is difficult to predict what is said in the war rooms. In addition, teams needs will change when the expansion draft happens.
I would like to thank @FurFurFurson, for putting together a wonderful TPE list of players. With a draft class that has 11 rounds full of active players, it is hard to come up with an accurate mock draft.So I took a little different approach, and drafted by the user, player and TPE. Plus I put a little more focus on defense, a lot of teams have big needs there. I know some people might not like it but it's only a mock draft.

Round One:
1) AUS Austin Copperheads (from Honolulu): Colt Mendoza CB 180 TPE -
Now I know what you're thinking, I'm insane, you might be right. I still have to write a little more to defend this pick. But iStegosauruz could be a GM if he wanted to, he's got the talent. The first time I thought he could go 1OA was in his OL article I was reading and noticed a comment where Mooty mentioned he could go 1OA.
So when I was writing this mock piece, I said to myself I'll be different and plop him in here. In addition, iStegosauruz sims like a mad man, in the Dallas locker room, he talks about simming. He is the embodiment of Sim Football and deserves it. I think Austin wants him in their war room and they would be smart to grab him. There are some sources from around the league that leaked the information from the war rooms that Mendoza will get picked first but they could just be rumors.

2) NOLA New Orleans Second Line (from Sarasota): Magnus Rikiya DT TPE 198 -
Tesla is also a great user with amazing analyst skills. I enjoy her draft recap media. Her player has a massive TPE of 198 and I think NOLA will take him at 2, for the same reason iStegosauruz got drafted. Not only will she help on the field but in the war room. But based on the pattern I can deduct Tesla getting drafted here.

3) SJS San Jose Sabercats: Tyler Oles JR CB TPE 215 - Best corner back in the draft hands down and a need for the Sabercats. In addition, To12143 has been in the league for a while. With those reasons he'll go number 3. He will be happy to go here and the Sabercats will be happy to have him. I'm sure HeHateMe PickSix, won't mind another corner back.

4) ARI Arizona Outlaws: Derred de Ville LB TPE 205 - Once again another great user and a great linebacker. This was a harder choice for me. But I feel like Derred de Ville will get this spots. Also he also has amazing stats in the DSFL.

5) PHI Philadelphia Liberty: Stanislaw Koniecpolski LB TPE 229 - Stanislaw Koniecpolski is a great teammate and a monster of a linebacker. Liberty needs some defensive help and they'll focus on it throughout the draft. With this addition, they boost up their defense core.

6) PHI Philadelphia Liberty (from Chicago): Phat Boi DT TPE 236 - Once again liberty snags a defensive player. And controls the top 2 draftees in TPE of S22.

7) YKW Yellowknife Wraiths:Johnny Hellzapoppin S TPE 194 - I feel like I see Hellzpoppin everywhere, is very active and a great player. I could see the Wraiths taking a safety.

8) HON Honolulu Hahalua (from Austin): Troen Egghands DE TPE 201 - Troen will be a great anchor for an expansion franchise. He will be the key to build a new defense around.

9) COL Colorado Yeti: Brandon Booker CB TPE 200 - A big need for the Yeti's and get the 2nd best corner back in draft.

10) OCO Orange County Otters: Deshun Jones DT TPE 193 - Just like the Outlaws the Hawks will go defense heavy. They'll gear up their line with Deshun.

11) BAL Baltimore Hawks: Thubba Bumper CB TPE 193 - The top corners will fly by in this defense heavy draft so I expect the Hawks to keep picking defense.

12) NOLA New Orleans Second Line: Jeffrey Phillips TE TPE 228 - I just wrote an article about the best TE, and their he is. NOLA needs some offensive help and Dallas uses him as a wide receiver. So he'll be a dangerous vertical tight end

Round Two:
13) HON Honolulu Hahalua: Matt “Son of Havoc” Cross S TPE 200 - Another defensive pick and "Son of Havoc" could "havoc" the opposing offenses.

14) SAR Sarasota Sailfish: Chester Sweets CB TPE 182 - Sweets has a great media presence, could help build a new franchise and is an overall good player.

15) SJS San Jose Sabercats: Monterey "Monty" Jack QB TPE 205 - A GM recreate and has to be drafted. Both brothers will be the faces of their franchise.

16) ARI Arizona Outlaws: White Goodman RB TPE 221 - Huge need for the Outlaws, and White Goodman is a fast hitting running back. He could be capped out come draft time.

17) ARI Arizona Outlaws (from Philadelphia): Octavio Clemente DT TPE 197 - Along with Derred de Ville, Clemente is a monster DT and with this pick it solidify the Outlaws defense for years to come.

18) PHI Philadelphia Liberty (from Chicago): Quinn Hughes CB TPE 190 - A fast corner to an already stack class for Liberty. They'll be happy to snag Hughes.

19) YKW Yellowknife Wraiths: Colby Jack QB 222 TPE - A GM recreate. See pick 15.

20) AUS Austin Copperheads: Big Edd 169 DT TPE - I'm going to get some bias flak for picking Big "Snacks" Edd here. But he is a fast gaining DT that can bolster Austin's defensive line and a great teammate in the locker room.

21) COL Colorado Yeti: Sandro Ryeu DE TPE 185 - Another need crossed off for the Yetis is DE and they get to pick Ryeu.

22) OCO Orange County Otters: Mo “Mamba” Magic DT TPE 188 - OCO is happy to have a big DT fall this far back. The Mamba will be ready to rock come game day.

23) CHI Chicago Butchers (from Baltimore Hawks): Benson Bayley, Jr. LB TPE 153 - So I'm confused of the rules in the NSFL. Chicago did get this pick from the Hawks (as I was writing this) and I think they have to draft their GM.
Congratulations to Bayley, he will make Chicago Great!

24) NOLA New Orleans Second Line: Ben Slothlisberger QB TPE 184 - First non-gm QB to go. Once again NOLA needs some help on offense and Slothlisberger might be the face of the franchise in the future.

Round Three:
25) HON Honolulu Hahalua: Acura Skyline RB TPE 199 - With all the defensive picks, RB might not be high need here but Skyline is a fast back who will boost the offense. There will be more offensive players being picked now.

26) SAR Sarasota Sailfish: Buck Thornton S TPE 195 - In need of more defense players, the Sailfish grab Thornton in hope to be a thorn in the side of opposing quaterbacks.

27) SJS San Jose Sabercats: Eldrick Avery CB TPE 195 - I'll be shocked if Avery does fall this far back but I overlooked him a little bit. But the Sabercats would be glad to pick up a solid corner back here.

28) ARI Arizona Outlaws:Michael Witheblock WR TPE 191 - Added more depth to wide receiver but is desperately needed. The Outlaws pick Witheblock.

29) BAL Baltimore Hawks (from CHI Chicago Butchers) (from Philadelphia): Lawrence Bass LB TPE 178 - With linebackers close to retirement the Hawks will probably pick a few this round.

30) PHI Philadelphia Liberty (from Chicago): William Lim WR TPE 195 -Offensive players are beginning to fall and after a string of defensive picks liberty drafts Lim.

31) YKW Yellowknife Wraiths: Eddie Jeeta WR TPE 195 - Again, offensive players are being drafted and the move to pick up Jeeta. Wraiths will be happy with the extra depth.

32) HON Honolulu Hahalua (From Chicago): Heath Evans TE TPE 179 - Even an expansion team will need a tight end. Evans will be the second to go.

33) COL Colorado Yeti: Slinky Claxton DE TPE 168 - The Yeti will add another defensive end and stack the roster with depth.

34) OCO Orange County Otters: Haha Mango-Panda LB TPE 171 - Hard to evaluate yourself. So I just stuck myself here.

35) BAL Baltimore Hawks: Fawn Dillmiballs LB TPE 171 - The Hawks pick Dillmiballs and add another linebacker. This might complete a young core for the upcoming future.

36) SAR Sarasota Sailfish (From New Orleans): Daniel George TE TPE 182 - George will be a good addition to the locker room and tight end to help fast track the offense.

Round Four:
37) HON Honolulu Hahalua:Patrik Money DE TPE 175 - Hahalua will need more depth on defense and great defensive ends are becoming harder to find.

38) SAR Sarasota Sailfish: George ‘Corpse Grinder’ Fisher LB TPE 147 - I feel like "Corpse Grinder" doesn't get much recognition but with linebackers being ate up the Sailfish will need one to expand their defense.

39) SJS San Jose Sabercats: James Cho DE TPE 164 - With Money gone, the Sabercats still need a defense end and Cho is great value here.

40) ARI Arizona Outlaws: Sebastian Vettel S TPE 174 - The Outlaws picking some offensive players, they switch gears and go defense again. Vettel is the best saftey here and will help build the unit up alongside Derred de Ville.

41) ARI Arizona Outlaws (from Philadelphia): Andrew Witten CB TPE 180 - Going with the theme as the previous pick they'll add the best avaiable corner back to further stack it.

42) AUS Austin Copperheads (from Chicago): Kichwa Jones RB TPE 196 - The Cooperheads may not need a running back but Jones is just too good to pass here. They pull the trigger and add depth to their backfield.

43) YKW Yellowknife Wraiths: Wesley Eriksen S TPE 178 - Eriksen is the best safety here and the Wraiths add depth to safety to help in rotation with Hellzapoppin.

44) AUS Austin Copperheads: Thomas Passmann WR TPE 186 - I didn't see Passmann mocked anywhere, but he is super active and will add depth to the Copperheads receiver unit.

45) COL Colorado Yeti: Calvin Golladay OL TPE 184 - First offensive lineman to go. Golladay has a sizable amount of TPE and the Yeti pull the trigger on him. The trend to human offensive lineman might see a turn in the nearby future.

46) OCO Orange County Otters: James Angler TE TPE 151 - The Otters will probably need another tight end and Angler can provide them with that.

47) BAL Baltimore Hawks: Nick Kaepercolin WR TPE 163 - A late entry in the DSFL, Kaepercolin has come a long way. The Hawks go offense and pick more depth.

48) NOLA New Orleans Second Line: Susan Cash, Jr. WR TPE 177 - With receivers being picked left and right. NOLA needs more help on offense and they pick Cash Jr.

Round Five:
49) HON Honolulu Hahalua: Byron Dolls OL TPE 176 - Another lineman gets picked with a high TPE. Hahalua, will need it to protect the quarterback and rush with their new running backs.

50) SAR Sarasota Sailfish: Ben Stackinpaper CB TPE 166 - Sailfish take another corner to help out "Sweets"

51) SJS San Jose Sabercats: Eric Barlow S TPE 178 - A good depth safety with a high ceiling.

52) ARI Arizona Outlaws: Jonathan Altidor CB TPE 148 - A solid depth pick for a corner needy team.

53) ARI Arizona Outlaws (from Philadelphia): Mike Lee WR TPE 146 - Another solid pick for the Outlaws, to help start build towards an explosive offense.

54) ARI Arizona Outlaws (from Chicago): Bruce Buckley OL TPE 179 - High TPE lineman, I'm not positive it's an absolute need but at worse it's a active player that is ready to help build up depth.

55) YKW Yellowknife Wraiths: Tatsu Nakamura RB TPE 193 - This is going to be a steal. Running backs don't have a lot of value early on but Nakamura is going to be a gem here.

56) HON Honolulu Hahalua (From Austin): Luke Skywalker QB TPE 172 - An expansion team needs a quarterback and leader. If they don't find one in the expansion draft they pick one up here. Great value and Skywalker has been slinging it in the DSFL.

57) PHI Philadelphia Liberty (from Colorado): Tom Sofa QB TPE 161 - Everyone needs a backup quarterback but Tom Sofa has the potential to be a superstar. Liberty makes a depth move here for an active quarterback.

58) OCO Orange County Otters: Mark Radson LB TPE 157 - A lot of the top linebackers are gone but Radson is still here and will be added as depth the defensive unit.

59) BAL Baltimore Hawks: Donatello Arrabiata TE TPE 134 - The Hawks need a tight end and they get one with Arrabiata. During my last media piece, I found that Arrabiata here is going to be a steal. Baltimore will be happy with this pick.

60) SAR Sarasota Sailfish (From New Orleans): Matthew McDairmid K TPE 176 - I feel like kickers get no love or get mocked in any media. So I put McDairmid in, he is an active player with an good amount of TPE. Why wouldn't he go in the fifth round or earlier?

This was a harder mock than I was excepting. There is a lot of good and active players, like I said earlier this draft consist of 11 rounds worth of actives. GMs and scouts will hopefully you have fun! I know I had some trying to write this piece.

*Panda's 5 round mock draft - CalvinGolladay - 03-30-2020

Love to see OL in here and Steg going 1OA, but I can't see Phat Boi falling to 6OA. Most TPE in class, very active, teams need DL, and it's not like there are character concerns with him.

*Panda's 5 round mock draft - siddhus - 03-30-2020

oof ok

*Panda's 5 round mock draft - Vorshayla - 03-31-2020

why would san jose pick a CB in round 1 and 3 when they already have PickSix?

Your mock baffles me sir.

*Panda's 5 round mock draft - retrospace111 - 03-31-2020

i feel like there aren't 60 players better than me but whatever