International Simulation Football League
*Suleiman Ramza's 'The Draft' - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Suleiman Ramza's 'The Draft' (/showthread.php?tid=20654)

*Suleiman Ramza's 'The Draft' - Blasoon - 03-31-2020

The Draft

My Thoughts, Feelings and Understandings going into this year’s Draft

Heading into this year’s National Simulation Football League draft, my thoughts are rather mixed. Sure, I have already been involved in one draft in my career, and personally, every moment of being in the Seawolves has been great. I love using Fear the Fleet and Norfolk has an incredible locker room that has really made me feel at home in this league. (If you are more interested in that, feel free to check out an earlier article I wrote) However, there is some trepidation as we come closer to this next draft. Even as I am writing, I can feel my hands shaking a bit. It’s nervous energy, but I believe in a good way. In moments like these, I remember what a mentor once told me ‘One must always use their nerves and anxieties to their advantage; otherwise they’ll overcome you’

Still before I go any further, I would like to talk about some of the positives that I have experienced through the means of the draft. I know that I’m a solid backup QB, and that as far as QBs go, I am not highest earner. I’ve seen some of the pre-draft media, I understand where I stand right now as far as being an unattractive prospect. But with the coinciding events of finishing up my essay (of which, has probably seen my least active period during my time here) and the upcoming draft, I have found myself working a lot harder to increase my draft stock. Getting equipment and participating in point tasks. I have found myself jumping from one hundred and thirty-four TPE to around one hundred and sixty TPE. It has been a humbling experience to have to work as hard as I have been, and as such, I thank the draft for making me rethink my activity and for making me a better player overall.

It’s fascinating to me how different this draft feels compared to the Developmental Simulation Football League draft felt. There’s definitely a sense of unease and discomfort as I realise the longstanding impact of this draft on my career. Now of course, this is not a slander piece against any of the teams in the National Simulation Football League. Rather, everyone who I have spoken to in the scouting process has been lovely and accommodating. I’ve felt very welcomed and if I get drafted to any of the teams that have contacted me already, I will be incredibly happy and satisfied.
I believe that with the Developmental Simulation Football Draft, I always recognised that it would be temporary. A place to learn before going up to the big leagues. However, with the National Simulation Football draft, I recognise that where I get picked, might be where I end up for the rest of my career. And to be honest with you, dear reader, that thought terrifies me. Now I know that free agency exists, and that if things come to blows, I can decide my own future, but there’s still an internal voice that is looking to this draft as a Murphy’s Law situation. Everything that can go wrong for me, will go wrong for me.

Of course, I do not like to focus on those thoughts for too long. I would rather look towards the future with a smile. I know how incredibly lucky I have been to be on this Norfolk team, which is of course in my opinion, the best place for players to grow and develop. And I’m very much looking forward to seeing my teammates get drafted, because we have some high picks on the board. Seriously, if any team has the opportunity for Matt Cross or Wesley Eriksen and they don’t take it, man, that will be the biggest missed opportunities of the draft. And I am personally of the persuasion that wherever I go, I’ll make a better place of, and help in any way shape or form to lead that team to an Ultimus win.

I guess I should end this piece with some shameless self-promotion. But before I do, I’ll say that my self-promotional skills are not indicative of my American football skills. For any team that is willing to draft me, and willing to give me time to develop, I know that I can be a great backup QB, but more importantly, I will be a QB of the future and when all is said and done, I’ll have a ring for each finger. And for those who haven’t yet spoken with me, just know that I will undoubtedly add to whatever locker room I’m in, and behind the scenes, I will lead and make sure that before gameday, our team is the readiest and I will be a beacon to rally to after the game, whether it be a win or a loss. Look, I’m not very good at promoting myself, but I am a damn good player, and a damn fine addition to any team that’ll have me.

Thanks for reading, everyone.

Be safe and have a great day.

853 Words.

*Suleiman Ramza's 'The Draft' - J0EB - 03-31-2020

NOR NOR NOR

Norfolk Best Folk

Smile

*Suleiman Ramza's 'The Draft' - 2Burkeulosis - 03-31-2020

Great article Sully. Maybe we will be drafted to the same team. That would be neat.

*Suleiman Ramza's 'The Draft' - Blasoon - 03-31-2020

I would dig that Sus. It's been annoying having you as an opponent because I don't want to root against you.