International Simulation Football League
*The Valor Times #1 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Valor Times #1 (/showthread.php?tid=20664)

*The Valor Times #1 - ValorX77 - 03-31-2020

The Valor Times
When I say the word Chicago, what comes up in your mind? The Sears Tower, the Bears?, or even the Chicago Fire? Since you’re in this league you’ll probably bring up the Butchers at some point, most of the time as an insult or even an example of a nightmare come true.

But how did the butchers get to hire this new gm duo? Well, we have to go back to the very beginning of the butchers, which is a few seasons back in the sixteenth season of the league.

Context:
It is the end of the fourteenth season, the San Jose Sabercats have defeated the Philadelphia Liberty to capture their first Ultimus. The game was basically defense centered, with a jazz swing halftime sandwiched in between. But that was not the biggest story at the moment, Commish ADwyer87 announced that the league would expand to 10 teams for S16. Eventually, those teams were awarded to Oles and AdamS who would establish the Chicago Butchers, and the Austin Copperheads respectively. Oles then eventually hired Muford as his co general manager, the team drafted Guy Nikko and Sam Torenson, and made the playoffs the first two seasons, but then poor management, and a history of GM’s who tried but couldn’t feed the Chicago machine.
We jump ahead to S19, the butchers pulled off a blockbuster trade to acquire Ryan Leaf Jr from the Yellowknife Wraiths, and suddenly optimism returned, they just drafted the two best receivers in the minors in Sean O’Leary and Sweet James-Jones, only one of them would be pro bowl level talent, the other would talk his way out of the league. In S20, Valor had hired Steelsound as his co gm, but in S21, one trade would be the biggest disaster the team would experience.

The Trade.
If you looked at a trade like this and attempt this is a video game like madden, it would not let you complete it because it was one sided.
Quote: PHI receives:

S22 CHI 1st round pick
S22 CHI 2nd round pick

CHI receives:

Farley Hank RB
Johnson Harding DT
S22 PHI 3rd round Pick

PHI retains Hank and Harding S21 contracts
The league did not view this trade well, and this would later be Valor and Steel’s downfall, as valor would resign 3 days after, and Steelsound almost a week later, another player, Zach Vega demanded a trade afterwards and got released, Ryan Leaf Jr followed suit.

Then later, a gm search occurred, followed after a HO pick, a team rejection, a search by the team and a tampering punishment later, Chicago has picked their guys.

An Interview with BayleyIsland and Muford
These two were the ones voted by the butchers locker room to lead the rebuild of Chicago, Bayley is a current GM other in the affiliate Simulation Hockey League, and Muford was the original co general manager of the butchers from S16 to S17.
Our Correspondent, John Valor, sat down with the duo to discuss the team and it’s future.

Good evening you two, I have some questions for you, my apologies for sounding like a special education kindergarten teacher for a second.

1. How do you plan on turning Chicago, the black sheep of the league into a team of elite consistency?
Muford: "1. Believe you and me, this is going to be a difficult task. Remember, not too long ago, when Chicago was created they were a scary team to face, and were very close to making it to the Ultimus. There is a few different plans that Bayley and I have in our minds, and that really depends on what happens this draft class. We have a few different thoughts we are bouncing off each other, and are hoping to get the ball rolling very soon."
Bayley: "1. The team is one that definitely needs a bit of an overhaul. Muford and I have looked to talk to every player and discuss the future. It's important to us to start with building a culture for people that want to be part of this franchise despite everything that has happened. It starts there and building from within first. We are looking at many different ways to go, but at the end of the day, we want people who will be part of the culture that we see in Chicago. Activity breeds activity, so you need people to be positive even through the tough times. That will keep others active and wanting to always get better and better."

2. How are you planning to tackle the draft and the expansion draft? Are there any players at risk of being sacrificed for this process?
Muford: "2. Bayley and I have both gone at great lengths back and forth today about who we are planning on who will be protected in the expansion draft. We have a good idea of who we are going to protect and are basically set in that area right now. We have come a long way in such a short time already, and we do hope that we can continue to become a strong contender in the future. We already know that this upcoming season is going to be a tough one, but we have quite a few people that we know are willing to stick it out with us. To the draft, we have started our scouting process and are already trying to figure out who is going to fall to us at where we are picking. There are a few different moves we'd like to make, but that all comes if the chips fall or not."
Bayley: "2. We always see players that will be sacrificed, but it comes down to the players that do not want to be there. We definitely have to make some tough decisions of people who may want to be in Chicago, but we only get 7 spots. We have a few tough decisions to make. The draft is an easy place to start, now we do not have many picks to go about getting many players, so it's about being careful with all our picks. We will talk to every draftee to get a good understanding about how they feel about us. That is going to be our number one goal from every single transaction and decision we have to make. We will have Chicago and our end goal in mind."

3. Looking back at the past, what lessons from your previous GM tenures in the NSFL and other leagues would help you revive this franchise that once had an uncertain future?
Muford: "3. I've taken a lot of lessons from my previous GM experiences. I was the Co-GM in SJS for a long time, and I took from that, you can't win 'em all but you can try. Yeah, we've made questionable picks in the past, or questionable trades, maybe made some iffy choices in the Draft, but I fully supported everything we did. I worked very well with CK, and we were able to get Bayley back in the Season 3 Draft. I feel like I've helped him become a GM here as well in the NSFL, I could be completely wrong. In Chicago, I went through an expansion draft with Oles, and we both attempted to make the team a win now back in season 16. I was very happy with how we drafted and how we made the decisions we did, but ultimately it didn't work out in the end. I don't mind being back at my roots here and hoping to turn this around from what it is. I have full faith in myself and Bayley."
Bayley: "3. I think the best thing to do is be patient, but when you see an opportunity, take it. There are people we can look at in Free Agency that would fit our culture and team perfectly, so we could always go that route along with drafting. Brining in people that can be helpful to newer members would be helpful for everyone involved. We need to change a lot about Chicago, but again, the people are first and foremost. You really have to take NOLA and Las Vegas of the past. If you look what Bovo did with NOLA, I think that's a great example of how to build a team back from any sort of mess that they were in."

4. Do you have any remarks or any message you want to send to the league since you’ve been chosen to command the Butchers?
Muford: "4. Just know, that we are here to make some noise, and make people realize that Chicago can be that place again. It was back when we first created and Chicago was a feared team in the league, and I want to get back to that level. It might take a few seasons, but just know, Chicago is coming back. Redemption tour."
Bayley: "4. I think believe in the process, and believe in Chicago. If you want to be part of changing the Butchers and making them great, let's do it. You can be change."

With these two now in charge, a sense of hope and optimism has returned to Chicago as a new era begins, with many challenges ahead for the leagues newest gm duo.
(1519 Words)
Please Split the money between Me, BayleyIsland, and Muford please.

*The Valor Times #1 - Bayley - 03-31-2020

I appreciate the time you took to interview us, pleasure!

*The Valor Times #1 - siddhus - 03-31-2020

Imagine not splitting the money from this media with Bayley and Muford

(03-31-2020, 11:59 PM)BayleyIsland Wrote:I appreciate the time you took to interview us, pleasure!
Your welcome! I wanted to write this immediately after Chicago hired you two!

(03-31-2020, 11:59 PM)siddhus Wrote:Imagine not splitting the money from this media with Bayley and Muford
Oops! I forgot to add that, I’ll fix it.

*The Valor Times #1 - Thiath - 03-31-2020

You know I understand the point you're making here but I don't think Madden is really a high bar for assessing trades

*The Valor Times #1 - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 03-31-2020

(03-31-2020, 07:33 PM)Thiath Wrote:You know I understand the point you're making here but I don't think Madden is really a high bar for assessing trades

Yeah one time in Madden I traded a second round pick for DeAndre Hopkins. Crazy shit

*The Valor Times #1 - FurFurFurson - 03-31-2020

(03-31-2020, 05:28 PM)HalfEatenOnionBagel Wrote:Yeah one time in Madden I traded a second round pick for DeAndre Hopkins. Crazy shit

Yeah but did you get to keep an aging running back?