International Simulation Football League
*Murtsi and Isa's Expansion Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Murtsi and Isa's Expansion Draft (/showthread.php?tid=20687)

*Murtsi and Isa's Expansion Draft - IsaStarcrossed - 04-01-2020

Please pay 50% to @`BaconBrother` and 50% to @IsaStarcrossed

Hi guys! This is a completely not serious estimation of what the expansion draft will look like. Both my good friend Murtsi and I wanted to do one of these, but neither of us felt comfortable doing our own teams As a result, we decided to split it down the middle. He would do the guesses on five teams and I would do the guesses on five times so that neither of us are doing our own. Then at the end we would each get an expansion team and take turns picking. It was a lot of fun and the first collaborative article I’ve done in a long time. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Austin Copperheads

The defending Ultimus Champions have a young and active team and will have a difficult time choosing who they will protect. With only 4 players from S15 or before, they would rather not lose any of their rising stars. They might be a team that will look to make trades with the expansion teams so they are able to get back some of their unprotected players that might get taken by them. Overall it is a team that is only now looking to enter its prime and they will hate losing any of their players come expansion draft time

Protected players:

QB - Easton Cole (JKortesi81)

Well this is a no brainer choice. A franchise quarterback that will not hit regressions for a few seasons and the ultimate building block for any team going forward (along with being a lock as a GM). Expansion teams would love to have their shiny new quarterback (along with Joe having tons of knowledge about being an expansion GM in two different leagues) but Austin says no-no. An easy lock choice for Austin and makes sure their offense will be able to hum along as always.

RB - Mako Mendonca (Mooty99)

Mendonca is a S16 player and one of the best running backs in the league along with being a focal point of their offense. Even without having a lock due to GM protection, I think it would have been foolish to not protect Mendonca. In addition to the great player, Mooty is a great personality with a wealth of knowledge and will not look to hit regression until the end of S23. In addition, why would you ever give up a positive Englishman to the opposition if you did not have to?

WR - Net Gaines (Upper Net)

Young linebacker turned wide receiver from the S18 class. Net Gaines has been a steady and consistent earner his whole career and is only starting to enter his prime. Austin has been humming on offense and definitely does not want to lose one of their prime weapons before they can fully utilize him. Net is also a positive addition to any locker room, plus who would Dermot beat up if Net was gone?

WR - Rod Tidwell (SDCore)

This might seem a bit weird, with Tidwell being a S15 player and hitting regression at the end of the season. He will still be a near 900 TPE wide receiver who has been one of the best wide receivers the past few years. Austin will still have a good team and a good chance to win the Ultimus, and that chance is increased when you make sure you keep your number one wide receiver around. With Cole, Mendonca, Gaines and Tidwell, points will be scored.

DE - Kyle Idlewyld (Kyle)

The first overall pick of the S20 draft, Kyle Idlewyld is definitely not going anywhere. Kyle has been a good earner since the day he stepped into the league and is even beating Adam in TPE currently. Kyle is also a vibrant personality and has been gaining a lot of experience with GMing the Dallas Birddogs in the DSFL. In addition he plays Defensive End and will be a cornerstone piece of this franchise for many years to come

LB - Honda Edmond (KillKillKilll)

Having a top linebacker is really important for a team and they can have a huge impact. Honda Edmond is a S17 linebacker who has been a steady earner throughout their career and will not see regression for another 3 seasons. To have a well earning player at an important position for a long time is something that Austin should not let slip from them.

CB - Dermot Lavelle Jr. (White Cornerback)

The one everyone says sucks, but who they secretly love anyway. The first pick which Austin made in the Season 16 draft is definitely staying. He has the 7th highest TPE currently and again is not regressing until the end of season 23. Max earning cornerbacks are always sought after and are useful deep into regression. In addition to this Dermot has been around since S2 and brings a wealth of knowledge to the team and their war room.

S - Awkward Sexjoke (AdamS)
A young safety from Season 20 who is max earning sounds like someone you would most likely want to protect. Add to the fact that the user behind the safety is AdamS and it is a no brainer. Former GM and current GM of the year would be stupid to lose. Adam has seen just about everything the league has gone through and has wealths of experience being a GM, expansion and non-expansion. Along with Kyle Idlewyld, a player that Austin can build their future around.

Unprotected players

WR - Jacoby Clay (Vexatious)
TE - Peter Larson (Tomasnz)
OL - Edmond Beaver-Dantes (Beaver)
DE - Grayson Kuusela (WannabeFinn)
DE - Hal Fassingit (tlk742)
DT - John-Caleb Bradberton (thunderbug)
CB - Victor Moreno (GreenArmy)
S - Chase Jensen (dizzyDC)
S - Takeda Okura (Jaspers)
K/P - Alfredo “Thighmaster” Crisco (Ryan0413)

Baltimore Hawks

Baltimore is in a bit of a tough spot as their team is a mixture of veterans that are about to enter regression or in the middle of it and younger players only nearing their prime. In addition they are sad to see their franchise quarterback leave to take over Honolulu. Fortunately Baltimore have drafted well and will make protection choices to ensure their future in a few seasons looks as bright as ever when soon to be called up quarterback Chika Fujiwara is more ready to take on NSFL defenses.
Protected players

RB - Darrel Williams (Ry_)

Darrel Williams is currently the top earner of the S20 class who is close to maxing out speed. Baltimore has an opportunity to lock down their RB1 for the next 7 to 8 seasons with this decision, so I feel like this is pretty straight forward. In addition Ry_ has proven over in PBE that he is a max earner and a great personality to have in the locker room. Definitely a building block for the future

RB - Apollo Reed (NylarthePhoenix)

This might be a peculiar decision to some and wonder why would Baltimore decide to protect another running back? Well with the amount of RBBC being run and the lack of options with regards to protecting, I think this is a great choice. Both Reed and Williams can be run out as wide receivers with their good hands and will help out Fujiwara in her first few seasons in Baltimore. This is the slot I am the most unsure about for Baltimore, but I would definitely not hate to see it.

WR - Asher Quinn (Dewalt27)

As I said in the beginning, Baltimore is looking to keep all the youth they can. To add to their pair of running backs, they decide to keep Asher Quinn who is a middle of the pack but steady earner from the S18 class. Quinn is also a good player to pair with Chriss Kross, who Baltimore picked up in the most recent draft and is thus auto protected. Dewalt has also recently become the co-GM of the Minnesota Grey Ducks so will most likely bring good knowledge to the locker room.

DE - Fabricio Baldari (Sermokala)

Baldari has earned at a steady rate ever since he came into the league in S18. He has all his important stats maxed out and will not start to regress for a while. I see this as someone I definitely want to be fighting in the trenches for me, because sometimes the good ones can be hard to come by. Sermo is also a vocal user who will bring activity to the locker room and pump up the team.

DE - Terry Taffy (KingCollins)

Ok I’m sorry, Apollo Reed was not the most bizarre choice, it was Terry Taffy. This was more of a dart throw on my part but let me try and put some logic into it. The only players with more TPE than Taffy are players that are older (meaning they are deeper into regression) and play in positions where they need more TPE to be effective. Taffy plays DE and is only hitting his first regression. In addition, the Hawks have players coming up that can play other positions on defense, such as linebacker and cornerback. If it is not Taffy, then the next viable option is Juan Marston, who is only a S18 player but I feel like a cornerback needs more TPE to be effective.

S - Walt Green (Duilio05)

Well this is a GM locked pick, but even if it was not, Walt Green would be an automatic pick. Currently the player with the 6th highest TPE total and is only hitting his first season of regression. Green has been an anchor in that defense for many seasons and will continue to do so for a long while still. Duilio has been able to do great things in Baltimore and will continue to steer the ship into the right direction.

S - Logan Uchiha (CalvinP)

Uchiha is another safety from the stacked S15 draft class that Baltimore acquired from Yellowknife a season ago. Although he has not been earning at the same rate as Green, he will still continue to be an asset in the backfield for many seasons to come. With lots of up and coming players on offense, it will be wise for Baltimore to keep some veterans on defense to make sure it does not start to leak from anywhere

Unprotected players

WR - Errol Maddox (PigSnout)
LB - Sandip “Sandy” Bakshi (Player1)
LB - Guy Nikko (Duress)
CB - Juan Marston (Jepox)
CB - Xandra Troyski (mabb)
K/P - Kulture Fulture (Saliva^)
K/P - ForTheBrand (Renrut)

San Jose Sabercats

San Jose have been in a rough patch for a few seasons, after the retirement of Sabercats legend and leader Christ and having to have Dan Wright take over quarterbacking duties instead of his usual tight end nonsense. They are now starting to turn the corner and with a strong S21 class to pair with their S17 players who are entering their prime, I think the Sabercats have pretty clear choices on who to protect.

Protected Players

QB - Dan Wright (nickyvmlp)

I remember when Dan Wright was a big and scary Tight End that took one for the team and morphed into a beautiful quarterback. Wright will only be hitting his first bout of regression this coming offseason and will be a good quarterback for 3 to 4 seasons and is a logical protection so San Jose is able to draft their quarterback of the future. Keep him on board and give the team a chance to utilize their other talents who are all hitting their prime.

WR - Action Jackson (KillaScrilla)

Action Jackson is one of many S17 talents on the Sabercats roster. The clear WR1 of the team and leading pass catcher after the retirement of Cameron Olsen. He will look to continue that and regression is over 2 seasons away so it seems smart to keep the team's best wide receiver on the team.

WR - Deondre Thomas-Fox (AndrewWarren13)

Deondre Thomas-Fox is one of the newer Sabercats, being drafted in S19. Thomas-Fox has been earning at a steady rate and by protecting him the Sabercats are able to tie down their two biggest receivers and ensure that Wright will have good targets to throw the ball to. The Sabercats have been building a young core that will look to compete very soon so it would be foolish to let Thomas-Fox walk.

LB - Inspectah Deck (W.Sconnie)

Inspectah Deck is the youngest member of this protection class for the Sabercats. He is a member of the S20 draft class and has been a steady but unspectacular earner. Still he sits at 339 TPE and by constantly earning will definitely be an asset for the Sabercats for many years to come and his regression is still far away in the distant future

LB - Tyron Brackenridge (Lowlycrib)

Tyron Brackenridge is another member of the S17 class in San Jose and has the second most TPE on the team and the fourth most TPE of all non retiring linebackers in the league. Again with him only being a S17 that means he can be a cornerstone of this franchise for many years to come and seems like an ideal building block for team management. He has shown that he is a top earner and I do not see that trend stopping, a no brainer in my eyes.

DT - Brayden Ennis (Buttersquach101)

A young defensive tackle with the fifth highest TPE total of any player on the defensive line in the whole league? Yes please, sign me up! Brayden Ennis completes the trio of S17 players on the Sabercats and along with Brackenridge, are total franchise players that the team can use and be the anchor on the defensive side of the ball. In addition I know what people might say about Butters, but I have seen him create a great active locker room in Kansas City and most likely does that in San Jose as well.

S - Trey Staley (ckroyal92)

Finally we have our GM protection slot. This is probably one of the weaker players in the group as Stayley is knee deep into regression and is going to be just about serviceable next season, before retirement is probably going to come knocking sooner than later. I don't know what CK’s plan for his player is but at least they will not have a fully barren DB room.

Unprotected players:

RB - Quindarius Tyerucker (Zeddez)
DT - Freezer Riposte (Mavfatha)
CB - Caleb Beck (Blaze)
S - Oswald Grimnir (Zeegee)
S - Joseph Wozniak (illegaloctopus)
S - Jorel Tuck (ErMurazor)
K/P - Kicky Bobby (TickleTim)

Orange County Otters

Before last season the Otters had not missed an ASFC Championship game in league history and had won 3 straight Ultimus titles. During this span they have still been able to make their roster much younger and still be very competitive. With a strong S21 draft behind them, they will look to keep their young secondary intact along with their key offensive pieces.

Protected players

QB - Franklin Armstrong (moonlight)

MVP, Ultimus MVP, player looking to rewrite NSFL history? Yeah I think it is safe to say the Otters will make sure that Armstrong is tied down, protected and no expansion team is allowed anywhere near him. The best dual threat (and overall) quarterback in the league who is only facing his first season of regression in the offseason. The Otters most likely have plans for the QB position, but Armstrong should continue to perform at a high level for the next 3 to 4 seasons

WR - Hugh Mongo (speculadora)

Mongo is the third oldest protected player for Orange County and him being from the S16 draft class really tells you how well the Otters have gone about their changing of the guard. Mongo is also the third highest wide receiver in terms of TPE. It would also be stupid and disrespectful to not protect spec who is the mastermind behind the last three Ultimus victories for the Otters and possesses sim knowledge that only very few people in the league can rival.

WR - Dexter Banks II (TropicaliaCC)

Another young wide receiver, this time from the S17 draft class. Banks has been a good earner for most of his career and secures the Otters another good weapon on offense Banks was my last pick for protection and does leave the Otters without a protected running back, so another choice might be Ludicolo Bigby who can be a good running back for a season or two until they draft another one. On the other hand, when you have Armstrong, do you really need a running back on your roster?

CB - Korrin Abernathy (Laser)

The first GM protection slot but would have made the list regardless. One of the top earners of the large S18 class and is one part of a young and talented secondary in Orange County. He will not have to worry about regression yet for a few seasons and will continue to be an asset. In addition Laser has always been one of the nicest and friendliest people around and is a great addition to any locker room.

CB - Kacey Dream (scorycory)

Another young and talented part of the Otters secondary who they took with their first round pick in the S19 draft. Kacey Dream has been a max earner since the day he entered the league and Cory has shown his talents through GMing Myrtle Beach. A max earning player at an important position and a user who brings activity, is a nice person and is a good addition to any war room, why would you not protect them?

CB - AJ Lattimer (TeyonSchavari)

AJ Lattimer is the only other player from the S15 draft class along with Armstrong. Still he is the 4th highest CB in terms of TPE in the league and will continue to be an asset for the Otters for many seasons to come, in a position of big importance. In addition to his, Teyon is someone every locker room would want to have with his positivity, friendliness and great meme sigs.

S - Tyrone Biggums (Revolution5)

Tyrone Biggums gets the second GM protection slot, but another protection that would have been made even without the GM aspect. Biggums is also a S18 player just like Abernathy who is currently the third best earning S18 player. Biggums adds to the extremely scary and young secondary in Orange County. Add to this that Rev is one of the nicest people I have in the NSFL and is most likely a pleasure in the locker room.

Unprotected players:

RB - Ludicolo Bigby (TheWoZy)
TE - Johnny Blaze (JBLAZE_THE_BOSS)
DE - Bobby Boucher (BigUnitBabs)
DE - Gary Lazer-Eyes (Sweetwater)
DE - Kwame Abayomi Mbanefo (Rabidsponge21)
LB - David Ginsberg (DavisCorperial)
LB - Jaylen Storm (Daybe)
LB - Lanzer Grievous (Rising Equinox)
K/P - Alex Dasistwirklicheseinnachname (BigKicks)

New Orleans Second Line

New Orleans has probably the hardest decisions to make out of any team on who to protect. They have created a great, talented and active roster that is finally starting to blossom. Then expansion comes around and rips out their heart. They will most likely hope to make some trades with the expansion teams to bring back players they might lose, but it is not looking pretty when you can’t protect players like McCormick and Ironside.

Protected players:

QB - Stan Francisco (JuOSu)

The first GM protection slot. Stan Francisco, the tight end turned quarterback (see there are more of them!) who will be facing his second season of regression, but will be important for NOLA to make sure they are able to utilize their young core, until their future successor arrives on the scene. Juosu is my GM over in PBE and is one of the most friendly and caring people I know, so if she is anything like that over there (which I am sure she is), then she would be a no brainer even without the GM auto protection.

RB - Forrest Gump (TomHanks)

We now get the second GM protection slot out of the way as well. Gump is one of the leading running backs in the NSFL and with the focus put on the running game by NOLA, it would be stupid to leave him unprotected if that was an option. Tom Hanks is also one the best users around, willing to help anyone at any time and has even survived the coronavirus!

RB - Marcella Tōriki (bex)

With their focus on the running game, NOLA decides to ensure their successor to Gump is already in the building. As Gump is looking to face his first season of regression, Toriki is still three seasons away and will look to be the RB1 for many seasons to come. Oh and bex is also one of the most amazing people around and she would make any locker room better, so there is that.

OL - Givussafare Rubbe (caltroit_red_flames)

NOLA might have gotten away with not protecting their fair rub club members, but with the amazing articles Steg has been putting out, other teams are noticing what an impact they could have. Here we have Rubbe (and movement leader), who is a 784 TPE Tackle and will not start to regress for 3 seasons, so I would definitely think one of the expansion teams would be interested, so instead NOLA decide to play it safe.

LB - Quenton Bode (terriblehippo)

Former GM of the team, Quenton Bode also has the 9th highest TPE total in the whole league. Even though he is facing his first season of regression, it would be stupid to let Bode go unprotected. A max earning linebacker is good for any team and with NOLA entering their prime, he is a perfect fit for them. Add to that the experience and knowledge hippo brings, he is not going anywhere.

CB - David Rector (ddrector)

David Rector, the hidden gem in the S18 draft who has been close to a max earner his whole career. Rector is a high value cornerback and is only starting to enter his prime. To make sure their defensive backfield has the firepower needed, NOLA will make sure to keep him in the building. In addition, ddrector is part of the PPT team and has put out very interesting statistical analysis articles over the seasons, so definitely knows his way around the league and sim.

S - Mason Blaylock (Jay_Doctor)

Blaylock is a tough choice, with S19 compatriot McCormick earning more, but I feel like safety is a position of higher need for NOLA. This is because they can force their offense through Gump and Toriki so they do not have a high need for a Tight End. They also want to make sure they have building blocks of their defensive backfield for the future and can pair Blaylock with Rector. Jay is also part of the rookie mentor team and a GM for the Tijuana Luchadores as well as being a very caring and friendly person, so how do you not protect him?

Unprotected players:

WR - Bona’beri Jones (toivo)
WR Jed Podolak (KC15)
TE - Austin McCormick (Nokazoa)
OL - Brave Ulysses (PaytonM34)
DT - Bjørn Ironside (IsaStarcrossed)
DE - Ben Tu’inukuafe (Ben)
LB - Mack Arianlacher (LordMacharius)
CB - Xavien Adams (TheDangazone)
CB - Jordan Andrews (RaiderNation)
CB - Deon Taylor (BrewCrew)
K/P - Herbert Prohaska (StevenO’Sullivan)

Colorado Yeti

The Yeti have managed to turn themselves around in recent seasons. From the laughing stock of the league into a contender purely off of some very solid drafting and smart moves by their front office. They are absolutely stacked with a mixture of young talent and veterans who are just now hitting the start of regression. This was a team that they likely could have kept mostly intact for another two or three seasons easily. They won’t be excited to lose any of it.

Protected Players:

QB - Wolfie McDummy (infinitempg)

McDummy isn't an instantly locked in choice due to not being a GM, but he is probably the easiest choice they have to make. As a S16 quarterback and a max earner, McDummy is just now hitting his prime and still has a full season before he will even imagine regression. He’ll be leading this offense for at least another four or five seasons. When you mix in the war room impact of Infinite, you suddenly have a guy that Colorado can’t afford to lose.

RB - Ashley Owens (run_CMC)

Owens has always been a solid earner and an active player. He is one of the biggest weapons on this offense and as a S17 player, he won’t be seeing regression for a while. If he chooses to close out his career here, Colorado has their RB1 role locked down for a minimum of five seasons and you don’t simply let that slip between your fingers.

WR - Laszlo Forty-Two (C9Van)

As a player, Laszlo has been a huge part of the Yeti offense for a long time and he is finally moving into WR1 position with Bishop regressing deeply. Laszlo has been a strong earner his whole career and he has a solid four to five seasons left ahead of him if he so wishes to fight regression. I don’t see where Colorado can afford to let such a weapon go. As a user? C9 has always been fun, hilarious, and upbeat. He provides the kind of locker room experience every team wants and losing him likely loses Colorado part of their identity.

DT - Bubba Thumper (woelker11)

The top earner of his class, a GM, and generally one of the best locker room presences in the league. Simply being a GM has him locked in as one of the seven protections from this team, but given that he is an S17 player already on track for a hall of fame career and there is no way Thumper walks even without GM protection.

LB - Mo Berry (Frick_Nasty)

Frick gets the other GM protection on this team, but that isn’t the only reason the Yeti cling to him. Not only is he a top earner from the absolutely stacked S15 class, but as a player he has played a central role on this defense for a long time. He may be hitting regression at the end of this season, but Berry will be sticking around for a long while yet. Frick is a warrior for this team and he fights for them fiercely in the trenches every chance he gets. You don’t let him walk.

CB - Louisiana Purchase (Modern_Duke)

This is a young player who is actually just now entering his prime seasons. As an S18 player, he still has half of his career left before regression becomes an issue and he plays one of the most important positions on the field for high TPE. He’s been consistent with earning and he is a known quantity. I don’t see Colorado letting a young player of this caliber walk if they intend to continue contending.

S - Pete Parker (jsteele14)

Another young player from S18. He hasn’t earned quite as strongly as Purchase, but he has been consistent his entire career. He still has a lot of prime seasons ahead of him and letting him walk can’t be a realistic option for Colorado. He is just now reaching the top of his game and it’ll be awhile before he starts tumbling back down.

Unprotected Players:

RB - Michael Vincent (sapp2013)
WR - James Bishop (Bwestfield)
TE - Earl Sauce (FleshBagSoup)
DE - Steco Ocewilder (soppychico)
LB - Tony Gabagool (shipwreckrising)
CB - Quentin Sinclair (MaxGnarland)
S - Thor Kirkby (Acsolap)
K/P - Silver Banana (golden_apricot)

Philadelphia Liberty

The Liberty are an odd team right now who is very top heavy with talent who is heading towards regression. Despite those big names, this team has been struggling and has begun to make moves that indicate they may be heading towards a bit of a rebuild and focusing on their future. As such, I think you may see a few big name players walk from this team that you may not expect.

Protected Players:

QB - Brock Phoenix (Leafs4ever)

The Liberty made big moves by having their QB of the future swap to tight end so they could bring in Phoenix and make him the centerpiece of their franchise. He’s young, he is earning well, and he is dedicated to making a top QB in this league. He’s about to hit a turning point in his young career and Philadelphia can’t let him walk.

RB - Sam Torenson (Jonny2x)

Torenson is a top running back in this league and is one of the only top talents on this team not facing immediate regression. As a RB, he’ll be able to remain at top level for a long while yet and if Philly really are about to launch into a small rebuild, Torenson is one of those guys who can help this team win games here and there with a younger, weaker roster.

RB - Fuzzy Dotson (goodfortunecoffee)

Long time friend of Hall’s and all around good guy. He has never been a max earner, but he tends to put in updates consistently and is still a fairly young player on this roster. Fuzzy is loyal to the Liberty and will spend the rest of his career here and that is a quantity that you can’t simply gloss over. He can fill multiple roles on this offense going forward and I don’t see Hall letting him slip away.

WR - Nacho Varga (Fordhammer)

Not only is Varga the top talent on this team and one of the top talents in the league at large, he is only just now hitting regression this season. Due to his overwhelming devotion to his craft, he should be able to fight any real impact to his abilities for at least another three or four seasons. This will be essential due to what Ford brings to both the locker room and war room of this team as one of its former GMs. This would make Ford the most experienced protected player on this team and Hall will likely need to lean on his advice going forward depending on who else they lose.

WR - Randy Vuxta (roastfuego)

While one of the youngest players on this roster, Vuxta has proven himself a top earner in this league. The dynamic wide receiver is the top pick that Philadelphia has gotten their hands on since Hall has taken over the team. He’s going to be a dominant player in this league for a very long time and a top target for Phoenix to synergize with. You don’t let talent like this walk for free.

DE - ILove Gimmy (Hallmonitor_20)

As an automatic lock for this team due to being their GM, Gimmy fills this spot admirably. He is still a fairly young player who is at a TPE level where he can offer the team a discount for a long while. Hall is one of the nicest guys in the league and he feels more strongly for his players than almost any other GM. He’s one of those who I’m sure would let himself go unprotected to save one of his other players and that is why this team loves him and also why he is not a wasted pick.

LB - Warren Stephens (Ephenssta)

Stephens is a young defensive talent who earns at a decent rate. He was drafted in S20 with Vuxta and is one of the center pieces for the future of the Liberty. He’s also a generally nice guy and always an absolute pleasure to be around. This makes him an essential locker room piece and someone that Philadelphia can’t afford to let go. Eph has always struck me as fiercely loyal and I think the Liberty know if they protect him, he can help lead them in this rebuild.

Unprotected Players:

WR - Jake Dropson (goodvsevil1275)
TE - Avon Blocksdale Jr. (iamslm22)
DE - Mike Franchet (DeadlyPlayer)
DT - Ricardo Morris (Roly)
LB - Wayne Howyanow (JSteel)
LB - Rock Hardshaft (Rouchicus)
CB - Emondov Emoji (BWIII)
CB - Stuart Little IV (dieselj123)
S - Richard D’Attoria V (124715)
S - Lamont McKinnie (SouljaBoy2007)
K/P - Venus Powers (Baron1898)

Yellowknife Wraiths

The Wraiths have been the long time best in the North and have in general been one of the best teams in the league over the past few seasons. They’ve been managed well and they have put together a monstrous roster that has stayed competitive longer than most teams. They have three consecutive Ultimus visits as a testament to just how good they’ve been. All that said, this team has some stars who are getting a bit older and they have lost two of their youngest players to an expansion bid. Luckily this means they can lose only one player in the expansion draft, but unluckily this team is having a down season and really won’t feel comfortable losing anyone.

Protected Players:

QB - Cooter Bigsby (timeconsumer)

As a S14 player who is about to begin steeply declining, I’d almost say that Bigsby could be exposed here. That said, the Wraiths are still a competitive team with no options currently in line to replace their franchise quarterback. Both his efforts on the field and his value in the war room on this team are invaluable and losing him would send some pretty big shockwaves through this franchise. It isn’t worth risking even for a player who is on the decline.

RB - Mathias Hanyadi (CLG Rampage)

CLG is a highly active and social guy who is a real boon to the activity of any locker room. He is also a DSFL GM and a valuable asset to this team as a whole. Mix this with the fact that Hanyadi is from S18, is a steady earner, and has a lot of football ahead of him and YKW can’t afford to lose him. Hanyadi slipped a bit in his S18 draft and it was YKW who swooped in to keep him from falling further. He isn’t the type of guy to forget that and YKW knows that with protection, they likely keep him for his career.

WR - Nate Swift (Bigred1580)

Though Swift is taking a bit of a downturn in his career as regression begins to kick in, you don’t let a user like Bigred walk. He was a former GM, he is essential in the war room with his experience, and he is essential in the locker room as an all around great guy. Even if Swift only sticks it out for another couples seasons, having him for just a couple seasons is worth the protection slot.

WR - Bender B. Rodriguez (pazuzu)

Rodriguez is a steady earning WR from the S18 class. He has been consistent his entire career and YKW put in the effort to snap him up this past offseason to add another weapon to this offense. They knew what they were getting when they picked him up and I just don’t see them letting him slip away after just one season especially with Rain Delay leaving in the expansion bid.

DE - Nero Alexander (shadyshoelace)

As the only GM with a player on the roster, Alexander gets a pass in this one. He is a top earning defensive end from S15 and fortunately it takes defensive linemen a long time before they really show decline from regression. Shady is a great locker room room presence and someone this team will be lucky to have going forward as Alexander toughs out his regression for around four to five seasons.

LB - Maurice Virtanen (BaconBrother)

Virtanen is arguably the best of S18. He is a kind soul who is always looking to help out in any way he can. He is a max earner, he puts in a lot of work for this league in his jobs, and he is one of those guys who you dread the idea of losing once you’ve been around him for any time at all. Even if he wasn’t a young top player, his impact in a locker room alone would keep him protected here. Of everyone in the league, this guy is likely the easiest protection lock there is.

CB - Mervin Leonard (hihihi_62)

Leonard is still a fairly young player who is a couple seasons away from regression. He is a high earner at one of the most important positions in the whole league. He has proven himself as a guy who will stick around for Yellowknife and he is still improving with each passing day. I simply can’t see the Wraiths giving up a player of his quality while knowing they’d still have him locked down for a long while.

Unprotected Players:

RB - Orien Drake (Rublic)
WR - Rayne Gordon (RainDelay) (Gone)
DE - Jayson Kearse (JaytheGreat)
DE - Chad Maulolo (Graciejj2000)
DT - Giannis Kroustis (AirCrou)
LB - Alex Selich (Tomen)
CB - Johnny Snuggles (manicmav36)
S - Danny Grithead (Trautner)
S - Logan Lejune (PSanchez55)

Chicago Butchers

A team in disarray would be putting it politely for Chicago at this point. Even if you put all of their public turmoil aside, this roster is not in a great spot. Most of their real talent is in regression or heading into regression. Most of their young talent is inactive or not really earning. They have very little to build around at the moment, but perhaps their new leadership can get the ship heading in the right direction.

Protected Players:

QB - Rose Jenkins (Jiggly_333)

Jenkins is on the decline on a roster that is heading into a complete rebuild. It’d be easy to just let her walk and move on from scratch. That said, Jiggly cares more about this Chicago team than likely anyone else in the league. He is active, he is passionate, and he is able to push a locker room. As this team reboots and reset, keeping his presence for a while yet could do a lot for internal activity.

RB - Farley Hank (Beebob)

Hank is heading into regression this season, but he is active, earning, and doesn’t seem actively opposed to being in Chicago. He is still a solid player and as a running back, if he chooses to fight regression he can hold out for at least three seasons. If Hank can be an active locker room guy for them as they reset this team, he could be a big piece for them.

WR - Sean O’Leary (Blueline)

Blueline isn’t seen much in the public discords, but he is a young player and a top earner. What I have seen from him, he’s always been pleasant to speak to. He is one of the most active young players on this team and is someone they can build around if they play their cards right. Of all of their players, he may be the most important to hold onto.

DT - Thorian Skarsgard (MrStennett)

Skarsgard will be looking to retire in the near future, but this team doesn’t have a lot of active players to lean on. MrStennett is a smart player who has a lot of influence in this league and he can be a key war room piece. His advice and guidance could help be key in the beginning of the Chicago rebuild and you don’t want to lose that if you can avoid it.

LB - Mike Hockhertz (CDub2)

Though he hasn’t been a top earner, he has been steady through his career and still has a while before regression. More importantly, he has been very vocal recently in defense of the team and its leadership. He has a lot of fire and passion and he is looking to help carry this team forward. He can be a leader on this team for a long while and is a key piece for them as they put this team back together again.

CB - Xerxes Ridley (plantane)

Ridley is going to be the only inactive you see potentially protected in this draft. He has solid TPE and Chicago can keep his corpse around for a couple seasons. Ridley has been loved by the sim for almost his entire career and has likely been the most explosive inactive in the league over the past five seasons. When you’re in Chicago’s place, you have to keep every asset you can get and Ridley is a bit of a good luck charm.

S - Jack Rambo (oz3700)

Though his activity has been spotty at best and his earning hasn’t been overwhelmingly great, Rambo is still active and contributing. He’ll regress sharply and likely only had a couple seasons before regression, but for now he can still contribute as another voice in the locker room. This team will need every single one they can get as they go forward and rebuild.

Unprotected Players:

RB - Ryan Leaf Jr (ValorX77)
DE - Stevie Vassallo (Libertines)
DT - Benson Harris (Rich)
DT - Johnson Harding (adam2552)
DT - Trae Bacon (RobCubed)
CB - Spencer Castle (AsylumParty)
S - Beat (DonnaMania)
K/P - Diego Espinosa (Reon)

Arizona Outlaws

Arizona had the forethought after winning their Ultimus in S17 to know that they were heading for a rebuild. Star quarterback Andrew Reese was going downhill and a lot of their key pieces were staring regression in the face. They have built a wealth of young talent on this team and aren’t looking at many guys hitting regression in the immediate future. Unfortunately, this might make this expansion draft a little sticky for them.

Protected Players:

QB - Jay Cue (Opera_Phantom)

A max earning quarterback who is just hitting the peak of his career? Sign me up for some of that please. Cue is a highly active player who has been at the top of S18 since it started. He is devoted to the league, has become a HO intern, and is constantly looking forward. Cue has been one of the more active and vocal parts of our community and he is the guy Arizona is looking to build around.

WR - Saba Donut (SabaDonutMan)

As an S17 player, Saba would be one of the oldest protected on this team. That is actually an incredible concept as he is still three seasons from regression. He is a higher earner at a position that needs a fair amount of TPE to stay competitive and he’ll be a huge weapon for Cue going forward. Saba has spent his entire career with the Outlaws and I can’t really see him being excited to leave.

WR - Jah Bur’Berry (soryantyler)

One of the many steady earners from Arizona’s absolutely loaded S20 draft class. Sory is a league veteran who knows what he is doing and Arizona knows they can depend on him to earn and continue to progress. On a team who is rebuilding and has a lot of young talent who are progressing together, Bur’Berry will be a key part of the turning point when the Outlaws begin to compete again.

LB - Galf Wilf (Moosecop)

As a previous GM of this squad, Moosecop is a pretty big deal to this team’s war room. More than that, he is a top earner from the S20 draft and is one of the key guys for this team to look to as they build up as a roster. Moosecop is Arizona all the way and he’ll be center of their defense for many seasons to come.

CB - Lucas Knight (ven_knight)

Knight is a high TPE player at an essential position despite heading towards regression this season. He is the oldest player that I have Arizona protecting, but he is active, earning, and recently signed a new extension with the Outlaws. After showing their intention to keep him around, I can’t see them letting him walk now.

CB - Desmond Scarlett (Unicorn)

I got to experience Unicorn for a short time in the NOLA locker room when he was still with Vinny Valentine and he was incredible to be around. His last player was a legend, this one is absolutely going in the right direction, he is a sturdy earner from S20, and he is one of the GMs of this team. He isn’t going anywhere and it would have been an easy choice GM or not. He is a key building block as this team grows together.

S - Jamie Nkiah (Drizzy)

Have I mentioned that their S20 class was absolutely loaded? Another solid earner from that class and also the coGM of the team. He is an automatic lock for good reason as he is one of the key young guys involved with this Arizona reloading. This S20 class they’ve put together will be the talk of the league when the Outlaws start winning games.

Unprotected Players:

RB - Ruff Ruff (shadowz)
WR - Willie B. Hardagain (Toasty)
TE - Jammerson Irving (contacts)
DT - Reggie Culbertson (evryday)
DT - Shane Masters (ShaneM86)
LB - Marlo Smart (BroicSilence)

Expansion Draft:

Player Pool:

QB:
None

RB:
COL - Michael Vincent (sapp2013)
YKW - Orien Drake (Rublic)
PHI - Fuzzy Dotson (goodfortunecoffee)
CHI - Ryan Leaf Jr (ValorX77)
ARI - Ruff Ruff (shadowz)
OCO - Ludicolo Bigby (TheWoZy)
SJS -Quindarius Tyerucker (Zeddez)

WR:
ARI - Willie B. Hardagain (Toasty)
PHI - Jake Dropson (goodvsevil1275)
COL - James Bishop (Bwestfield)
AUS - Jacoby Clay (Vexatious)
BAL - Errol Maddox (PigSnout)
NOLA: Bona’beri Jones (toivo)
NOLA: Jed Podolak (KC15)

TE:
ARI - Jammerson Irving (contacts)
PHI - Avon Blocksdale Jr. (iamslm22)
COL - Earl Sauce (FleshBagSoup)
AUS - Peter Larson (Tomasnz)
OCO - Johnny Blaze (JBLAZE_THE_BOSS)
NOLA: Austin McCormick (Nokazoa)

OL:
AUS - Edmond Beaver-Dantes (Beaver)
NOLA: Brave Ulysses (PaytonM34)

DE:
CHI - Stevie Vassallo (Libertines)
YKW - Jayson Kearse (JaytheGreat)
YKW - Chad Maulolo (Graciejj2000)
PHI - Mike Franchet (DeadlyPlayer)
COL - Steco Ocewilder (soppychico)
AUS - Grayson Kuusela (WannabeFinn)
AUS - Hal Fassingit (tlk742)
OCO - Kwame Abayomi Mbanefo (Rabidsponge21)
OCO - Gary Lazer-Eyes (Sweetwater)
OCO - Bobby Boucher (BigUnitBabs)
NOLA - Ben Tu’inukuafe (Ben)

DT:
ARI - Reggie Culbertson (evryday)
ARI - Shane Masters (ShaneM86)
CHI - Johnson Harding (adam2552)
CHI - Benson Harris (Rich)
CHI - Trae Bacon (RobCubed)
YKW - Giannis Kroustis (AirCrou)
PHI - Ricardo Morris (Roly)
AUS - John-Caleb Bradberton (thunderbug)
SJS - Freezer Riposte (Mavfatha)
NOLA - Bjørn Ironside (IsaStarcrossed)

LB:
ARI - Marlo Smart (BroicSilence)
YKW - Alex Selich (Tomen)
PHI - Wayne Howyanow (JSteel)
PHI - Rock Hardshaft (Rouchicus)
COL - Tony Gabagool (shipwreckrising)
BAL - Sandip “Sandy” Bakshi (Player1)
BAL - Guy Nikko (Duress)
SJS - JoJo Burr-Kirven (Rindiee) (retired)
OCO - Lanzer Grievous (Rising Equinox)
OCO - Jaylen Storm (Daybe)
OCO - David Ginsberg (DavisCorperial)
NOLA - Mack Arianlacher (LordMacharius)

CB:
YKW - Johnny Snuggles (manicmav36)
PHI - Emondov Emoji (BWIII)
PHI - Stuart Little IV (dieselj123)
COL - Quentin Sinclair (MaxGnarland)
AUS - Victor Moreno (GreenArmy)
BAL - Juan Marston (Jepox)
BAL - Xandra Troyski (mabb)
SJS - Caleb Beck (Blaze)
NOLA - Xavien Adams (TheDangazone)
NOLA - Jordan Andrews (RaiderNation)
NOLA - Deon Taylor (BrewCrew)

S:
YKW - Danny Grithead (Trautner)
YKW - Logan Lejune (PSanchez55)
PHI - Richard D’Attoria V (124715)
PHI - Lamont McKinnie (SouljaBoy2007)
COL - Thor Kirkby (Acsolap)
AUS - Chase Jensen (dizzyDC)
AUS - Takeda Okura (Jaspers)
SJS - Oswald Grimnir (Zeegee)
SJS - Joseph Wozniak (illegaloctopus)
SJS - Jorel Tuck (ErMurazor)

K/P:
CHI - Diego Espinosa (Reon)
PHI - Venus Powers (Baron1898)
COL - Silver Banana (golden_apricot)
AUS - Alfredo “Thighmaster” Crisco (Ryan0413)
BAL - Kulture Fulture (Saliva^)
BAL - ForTheBrand (Renrut)
SJS - Kicky Bobby (TickleTim)
OCO - Alex Dasistwirklicheseinnachname (BigKicks)
NOLA - Herbert Prohaska (StevenO’Sullivan)

Draft!

1. Sarasota Sailfish - NOLA - DT - Bjørn Ironside (IsaStarcrossed) - The mountain taken first in the S17 DSFL draft, taken first overall in the S18 NSFL draft is now taken first overall in the S22 Expansion draft. He was a max earner before taking a small break from the league and now returning. Sarasota has a potent offense with Gordon and Frost and with Ironside in the trenches, who will continue to be a force for a long while and is a fantastic building block. Add to that Isa is an amazing user who will help create an amazing locker room culture in Sarasota, which is vital for any expansion team.

Team Protection: NOLA - TE - Austin McCormick (Nokazoa)

2. Honolulu Hahalua - COL -TE - Earl Sauce (FleshBagSoup) - While some may think it is crazy to take a TE this early, there is a connection between Bagel and Dwyer. The two synergize well and Bagel has been a steady earner his entire career. He can play at TE or WR for this team and he would be a good first option early on for the team while they still have a couple seasons with Havran. He is still young and developing and should even make the transition to Honolulu’s next quarterback.

Team Protection: COL - S - Thor Kirkby (Acsolap)

3. Honolulu Hahalua - PHI - CB - Emondov Emoji (BWIII) - Emoji is a big name on this list. He’s high TPE, his user is well known, and he just starts regressing this season. As a one of the league’s better earners, BWIII should be able to fight regression for some time. With this pick the old guard of Dwyer and Raven get another old school player on the roster to help them move this team forward.

Team Protection: PHI - S - Richard D’Attoria V (124715)

4. Sarasota Sailfish - PHI - TE - Avon Blocksdale Jr. (iamslm22) - The Sailfish already had a great offense but they add another young weapon in Blocksdale Jr. He will develop well alongside Gordon and Frost and slm will bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the team to help out the GM’s which is always something to not be discounted. Is he Sarasota's version of Dermot?

Team Protection: PHI - RB - Fuzzy Dotson (goodfortunecoffee)

5. Sarasota Sailfish - NOLA - CB - Xavien Adams (TheDangaZone) - Xavien Adams might not be a well known name to many in the league, but he was a member of the S18 draft class and has been updating consistently since then. TheDangaZone is also a longtime user in the league so Sarasota will definitely be getting a known commodity who can be a leader in their defensive backfield for seasons to come

Team Protection: NOLA - WR - Jed Podolak (KC15)

6. Honolulu Hahalua - NOLA - LB - Mack Arianlacher (LordMacharius) - Honolulu has already stated their intentions are to build for the future. You can’t go wrong with a steady earning former first round pick who is a sim league vet and has been around for a while. Arianlacher is willing to be flexible and play at DE or LB and still has a long career ahead of him. You can’t go wrong with this guy.

Team Protection: No more players can be taken from NOLA

7. Honolulu Hahalua - AUS - WR - Jacoby Clay (Vexatious) - Sticking with the theme of building for the future, you can’t get younger than Jocoby Clay. As a S20 pick, Clay is still active and earning at a decent rate. Honolulu knows that this S22 class will be huge for them and this team will begin competing when this class hits their stride. Clay is young enough that he’ll still have some seasons left when S22 is hitting their peak.

Team Protection: AUS - TE - Peter Larson (Tomasnz)

8. Sarasota Sailfish - OCO - DE - Bobby Boucher (BigUnitBabs) - Sarasota go back to their youth movement and take Boucher, who is a S20 player. He has been earning at a steady rate and is great to pair alongside Ironside in the trenches. Frost might also be able to make sure Babs is active in the locker room and from what I have seen of him from PBE, he is a really friendly person.

Team Protection: OCO - LB - Lanzer Grievous (Rising Equinox)

9. Sarasota Sailfish - YKW - CB - Johnny Snuggles (manicmav36) - I know people might wonder why we are taking an aging S13 Cornerback who is already deep into regression. Well the beauty of being a max earning CB is that they can be effective for a long while and help make the defense decent in their first few seasons. Manic is also a gem of a user who helps bring vast amounts of knowledge and will bring great balance to the locker room force.

Team Protection: No more players can be taken from YKW

10. Honolulu Hahalua - PHI - K/P - Venus Powers (Baron1898) - Taking a kicker in the top 10 picks seems like crazy talk, but Baron is a highly active player who can light up a locker room if given a chance. Honolulu is trying to build from the ground up and they’ll need every voice they can to keep their locker room hopping. It is rare to find an active, vocal kicker, but usually you can fill every other role with that kind of player. For this reason, taking Powers just makes sense.

Team Protection: No more players can be taken from PHI

11. Honolulu Hahalua - COL - RB - Michael Vincent (sapp2013) - Michael Vincent is the rare offensive player on this list who is not either inactive or regression. His earning is a bit spotty as he only updates once a season, but he is still putting in the work to improve. Given his position as a RB and his steady earning, he is a guy that Honolulu could have on the roster for a while and another active voice in their locker room.

Team Protection: COL - LB - Tony Gabagool (shipwreckrising)

12. Sarasota Sailfish - AUS - S - Chase Jense (dizzyDC) - Jensen is the fourth highest TPE total safety in the league currently and is only looking at his first season of regression. This means he will be effective for many seasons yet and will help shore up the defensive backfield with Snuggles. The former defensive player of the year will be a welcome addition to the Sailfish

Team Protection: AUS - OL - Edmond Beaver-Dantes (Beaver)

13. Sarasota Sailfish - AUS - CB - Victor Moreno (GreenArmy) - After an older player, the Sailfish decide to inject some youth into their team. Moreno has been a middling earner but is already at a decent TPE total and will not have to worry about regression for many seasons. A good addition to the otherwise older backfield that can turn into a real asset, if GreenArmy decides to start updating again.

Team Protection: No more players can be taken from AUS

14. Honolulu Hahalua - ARI - DT - Shane Masters (ShaneM86) - I have been informed that masters is not in fact IA as I'd assumed! He is a bit of a slow earner, but active none the less which makes him even better for Honolulu. That said, defensive tackles are fairly good at minimum TPE numbers. Masters is an S17 guy who this team can take along for a while and he can make some impact for them as they develop this expansion. There is a good chance he would still be on the roster when they start competing in the playoffs.

Team Protection: ARI - TE - Jammerson Irving (contacts)

15. Honolulu Hahalua - CHI - RB - Ryan Leaf Jr (ValorX77) - This one is a little bold. Leaf has formed himself a bit of a reputation at this point, but as a player he is one of the best running backs in the league. I feel like he could strive under an experienced duo like Raven and Dwyer and if they can convince him to fight regression, they would have an insane playmaker on this roster to build around.

Team Protection: CHI - CHI - Stevie Vassallo (Libertines)

16. Sarasota Sailfish - OCO - LB - Jaylen Storm (Daybe) - A team should not go into the season without any linebacker. Storm might be IA but he has been able to amass nearly 550 TPE with a good build, which makes him a very useful linebacker. He is also S16 so he will not start regression until the end of next season. A useful stop-gap until Sarasota can find their next linebacker

Team Protection: OCO - RB - Ludicolo Bigby (TheWoZy)

17. Sarasota Sailfish - COL - DE - Steco Ocewilder (soppychico) - Ocewilder is another player that has been IA for a while. He was part of the S18 draft class and was able to gain over 500 TPE. He also plays at a position where you can be very effective with low TPE numbers. With him only looking at regression on about 3 seasons, he will help hold down the trenches for quite a while.

Team Protection: No more players can be taken from COL

18. Honolulu Hahalua - CHI - DT - Johnson Harding (adam2552) - Though currently inactive, adam2552 has been seen popping up in the forums here lately. He hasn’t updated or gained TPE, but if he is chatting in the forums he might be a voice in the locker room. Being that he is an old school guy like Dwyer and Raven, perhaps they can even get him active again. Worst case they get a S18 DT with solid TPE that can be a placeholder.

Team Protection: CHI - DT - Trae Bacon (RobCubed)

19. Honolulu Hahalua - OCO - DE - Gary Lazer-Eyes (Sweetwater) - Another inactive that perhaps the GMs of this team can get to come back. Not only is he a younger player who can plug a spot on this team for a while, Sweetwater is a league legend in his own right. He ultimately burned himself out a bit as the simmer, but he has been intermittently active and seems to pop in every few weeks. Perhaps he can be coerced into coming back and updating a few times!

Team Protection: No more players can be taken from OCO

20. Sarasota Sailfish - ARI - RB - Ruff Ruff (Shadowz) - The ultimate good boy who has sadly been IA for a while. Ruff Ruff is a member of the S18 draft class and has all the important stats maxed for a RB (somebody say speed?) along with a 500 TPE total. He will not start regressing for a while and is a great player to have complement Dax Frost out of the backfield

Team Protection: ARI - DT - Reggie Culbertson (evryday)

21. Sarasota Sailfish - BAL - K/P - ForTheBrand (Renrut) - In the end every team needs a kicker. After Baron was taken, ForTheBrand was one of the youngest kickers available who also had a decent TPE number. He is from the S16 draft class so he still has a season to go before regression starts to kick in. Very serviceable kicker for the Sailfish and a position they will not have to worry about for a few seasons while they look to plug other more important gaps on their team.

Team Protection: BAL - WR - Errol Maddox (PigSnout)

22. Honolulu Hahalua - SJS - S - Joseph Wozniak (illegaloctopus) - Inactive, but a potential placeholder. He’s an S18 safety who doesn’t have a large amount of TPE, but he would be as serviceable as a max earning rookie. For a team just looking to fill their roster, Wozniak could plug a hole for them.

Team Protection: SJS - RB - Quindarius Tyerucker (Zeddez)

23. Honolulu Hahalua - BAL - CB - Juan Marston (Jepox) - Same story as Wozniak. He’s big time inactive, but he is currently built better than a max earning rookie. With all the active players off the board at this point, you take a guy who might drift on the roster for a bit. As an S18 player with nearly 400 TPE, Marston could be their guy.

Team Protection: - BAL - LB - Sandip “Sandy” Bakshi (Player1)

24. Sarasota Sailfish - ARI - WR - Willie B. Hardagain (Toasty) - With the last pick in the expansion draft, the Sailfish take Willie B. Hardagain. He is a S19 draftee who adds the final piece to their offense. Toasty has been around the league for a long time and has done a lot of different things. He has decided to take a break, but not before getting over 300 TPE onto his player and you never know if he decides to become even semi-active again with this new expansion.

Team Protection: No more players can be taken from ARI

This draft actually ended up being significantly harder than expected! At first glance you see a ton of top talent and a lot of guys teams would hate to lose, but with the additional protections and the three players per team limits names disappear from the board quickly. In fact at the end of it all there were only 10 players left in the entire draft pool. All of those were inactives who were either incredibly low TPE or who were entering some deep regression. I initially thought the expansion teams might come out of this looking monstrous, but it wasn’t as bad as I imagined!

Now I will say this entire thing was just for fun and will be completely off base. We have no idea what these GMs are thinking and who they value and who they don’t. We have no idea what strategies the expansion GMs might have when they go into this. They may be looking for impact players now or they may look for players they think they can trade back to their origin team. It is going to be an insane process and I for one just wanted to experiment with the system to get an idea of what this even might look like.

At the end of the day we’re all going to lose friends that we hate to see go, but I hope everyone finds success on their new teams and I wish the best of luck to both expansion GMs.

*Murtsi and Isa's Expansion Draft - Toasty - 04-01-2020

(04-01-2020, 07:47 AM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:24. Sarasota Sailfish - ARI - WR - Willie B. Hardagain (Toasty) - With the last pick in the expansion draft, the Sailfish take Willie B. Hardagain. He is a S19 draftee who adds the final piece to their offense. Toasty has been around the league for a long time and has done a lot of different things. He has decided to take a break, but not before getting over 300 TPE onto his player and you never know if he decides to become even semi-active again with this new expansion.

Little do you know I was planning on returning today

*Murtsi and Isa's Expansion Draft - Kyle - 04-01-2020

Holy crap this is incredible! I can't wait until I get a break and get a chance to read it all. I'm also happy to see the Copperheads get to protect 8 players. Smile

(04-01-2020, 08:21 AM)Kyle Wrote:I'm also happy to see the Copperheads get to protect 8 players. Smile

Haha! Murtsi wrote up Austin and I proofread it and still missed it. Things that happen. Tongue

*Murtsi and Isa's Expansion Draft - Murtsi - 04-01-2020

(04-01-2020, 04:21 PM)Kyle Wrote:Holy crap this is incredible! I can't wait until I get a break and get a chance to read it all. I'm also happy to see the Copperheads get to protect 8 players. Smile

That’s on me whoops ???????? but then I guess say goodbye to Tidwell who ends up most likely in Honoluku

*Murtsi and Isa's Expansion Draft - Opera_Phantom - 04-01-2020

Damn, big blows to the NOLA team.

(Btw, ShaneM86 is not IA.)

(04-01-2020, 08:31 AM)Opera_Phantom Wrote:Damn, big blows to the NOLA team.

(Btw, ShaneM86 is not IA.)

Oh snap! You're absolutely right, man. I thought he was IA back before I went IA, but he wasn't. I 100% missed the mark on that one!

*Murtsi and Isa's Expansion Draft - Mooty99 - 04-01-2020

(04-01-2020, 02:26 PM)BaconBrother Wrote:That’s on me whoops ???????? but then I guess say goodbye to Tidwell who ends up most likely in Honoluku

I am pretty sure that now you have said this there are no backsies and we get 8 protect slot, that is how it works right? Wink

Great piece guys!

*Murtsi and Isa's Expansion Draft - goodfortunecoffee - 04-01-2020

This was a fantastic read!

*Murtsi and Isa's Expansion Draft - Sermokala - 04-01-2020

Just to throw your whole draft off Smile Baldari is unprotected as a result of his FA signing this last season and the HO ruling that secret clauses are Illegal.