International Simulation Football League
*Stego's 3 Round Mock Draft + Draft Survey Results - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Stego's 3 Round Mock Draft + Draft Survey Results (/showthread.php?tid=20694)

*Stego's 3 Round Mock Draft + Draft Survey Results - iStegosauruz - 04-01-2020

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]TL;DR and Background[/div]
Mock drafts are not my thing. I typically wouldn’t write one, however the media bonus that is currently active means that if I do I can make enough money to set myself up for quite a while. The more money I make, the more team friendly of a contract I can take after the NSFL draft. The ability to take a team friendly deal is of immense value to me because it allows whatever team that drafts me to make more moves to build a contender. In sum: this is not going to be only of usual pieces that is a deep statistical dive into one of the mysteries of the league. Instead I’m going to throw darts at the wall and try to predict some draft picks. I still tried to use some methodology and logical reasoning and this article also includes the results to my draft survey from a few weeks ago, so its still probably worth a read.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Draft Methodology and Survey Results[/div]
Everyone is going to do a mock draft differently, so I’ll try to explain my methodology at the outset. I think its next to impossible to be particularly accurate with a mock in general, however I also think that this season there are several unique challenges. The upcoming expansion draft will cause many teams to change their plans. With no protection lists currently released I’m only left to speculate on who gets protected and how that impacts the draft. This draft class is also a historically deep class. Teams are still going to be getting high, active earners in the fifth and sixth rounds. That depth means some teams can take “luxury” picks in the first round. By luxury picks I mean not drafting specifically to need, TPE, or any usual metric. Essentially, intangibles will play a larger part than ever in this draft because there are so many high earners. In my head I framed this with the following mantra: TPE tiers players, intangibles delineates them. Its going to be very difficult to know how teams value certain players or their intangibles this early.

I chose to use the draft survey I circulated a few weeks ago to give me some baselines for how teams would value certain traits. The survey received 21 responses. 14 of those responses were from those who are not currently or have never been an NSFL GM or Co-GM. 7 of those responses were from individuals who have NSFL GM or Co-GM experience.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: UhVxkXa.png]
[/div]
The survey then asked the respondents to rate whether total TPE, statistical performance in the DSFL, or a user’s activity factored more into a draft decision.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: SYDPCiG.png]
[/div]
The user’s activity was resoundingly the most important factor respondents believed factored into draft decisions. It was followed fairly closely by total TPE. Statistical performance in the DSFL was a distant third.

I then tried to break down how respondents weighed certain aspects of TPE. I asked them to rate the following options for judging a player’s TPE in terms of their effect on draft decision making: a player’s total TPE, percentage of possible TPE since account approval, or percentage of possible TPE since the DSFL draft.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: l9gcMDJ.png][/div]

Respondents were torn about which of the ways to weigh TPE was the best for draft decisions.

I then asked respondents to compare the value of a player’s total TPE to their activity on the boards or on Discord and determine which they felt factored more into a player’s draft stock. The respondents recorded their answer on a 1 to 5 scale with 1 representing a player’s total TPE being more important and 5 representing a player’s activity being more important.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: 7wdvCAk.png][/div]

The next question was very similar and asked respondents to compare a player’s total TPE to their statistical performance in the DSFL on a scale of 1 to 5. 1 represents a player’s total TPE mattering more for draft decisions and a 5 represents a player’s statistical performance in the DSFL matter more for draft decisions.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: yu1J6ms.png][/div]

Respondents felt that total TPE mattered much more for a player’s draft stock than their statistical performance in the DSFL. This lines up with the earlier question that found that most respondents felt that DSFL stats did not matter to a player’s draft stock.

The final TPE themed question asked respondents to rate how much a player’s build factored into their draft stock on a scale of 1 to 5. A 1 represents that a player’s build is key for their draft stock. A 5 represents that a player’s build is a non-factor in their draft stock.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: HMygXQM.png][/div]

The league is fairly torn on how to evaluate a player’s build in relation to their draft stock. I agree with this for the most part - the 250TPE a top player will enter the league with after the draft is a fourth of what a high earner will earn over the lifetime of the player. They still have plenty of time to adapt their build.

The questionnaire then moved on to asking in-depth questions about a player’s activity and how that activity impacts their draft stock. The first of these questions asked respondents to weigh a player’s activity on the boards versus their activity on Discord. Their responses were recorded on a 1 to 6 scale with a 1 representing board activity being more important and a 6 representing Discord activity being more important.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: Lji4c7A.png][/div]

In general, respondents all agreed that Discord activity is much more important than activity on the boards for a player’s draft stock. This makes logical sense to me - teams are looking for players who will be active in their locker room.

One aspect to a player’s activity on the boards is their media work. I then asked respondents to compare the quality of a player’s media to the quantity of a player’s media on a scale of 1 to 6. A 1 represents quantity mattering more while a 6 represents quality mattering more.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: cqb5nCL.png][/div]

The respondents were fairly consistent in both the quality and quantity of a player’s media impacting their draft stock equally.

I then asked respondents to rank the aspects that factor into the quality of a player’s media in terms of their importance to determining the quality. The factors I asked them about were the length of the piece, the quality of the analysis in the piece, the statistics that were used in the piece, and the graphical aids that were used in the piece.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: vpuC2qA.png][/div]

The pieces analysis ranked the highest in terms of its importance in determining the quality of a player’s media piece. The graphical aids a player used in their article ranked the lowest in determining the quality of a player’s media piece. The piece’s length and statistics were about equal in importance to determining the quality of the piece.

The survey then pivoted to asking a lot of questions about which statistics mattered the most for each position in relation to that player’s draft stock. For the sake of brevity I’m not going to include those statistics or graphs here. The respondents to the survey seemed to be in agreement that DSFL stats were not particularly important in determining a player’s draft stock. If you’re interested in the actual data for those questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.

The final questions in the survey asked the relationship between a player’s bank account and their draft sock and the relationship between the friendships a player has and their draft stock.

The first of these questions asked about the relationship between a player’s bank account and the concept of “burnout.” Burnout in this context means a player tiring of the league and going inactive, or some variation of that. Respondents ranked their answer on a 1 to 5 scale with a 1 representing thinking that more money means a player is less likely to experience burnout while a 5 represents thinking that there is no relation between a player’s bank account balance and their potential for burnout.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: S1QMa8T.png][/div]

In general, the respondents seemed to lean toward a player’s bank account balance having no relationship to their potential for burnout. I think this is interesting because I think there is a line of thinking that if you have “enough” money that you don’t have to work for more you won’t burnout as quickly because you’re having to put in less effort.

The next question asked respondents whether they would ever use a player’s bank account balance in their assessment of a player pre-draft.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: brMgY4u.png][/div]

Considering the response to the question before this one, I find this response very interesting. The majority of respondents would factor a player’s bank account balance into their draft assessment of a player. The respondents do not seem to feel that it impacts their burnout rate, however. I hypothesize that this means respondents are considering a player’s bank account balance when thinking about the contract they’ll receive post draft and how it will impact a team’s cap. A player with more money might be more likely to take a smaller contract and be less of problem for a team’s salary cap.

I then asked respondents to rate the impact of friendships on a player’s draft stock. Their answers were placed on a 1 to 5 scale with a 1 representing friendships playing a significant role and a 5 representing friendships playing no roll at all.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: 1XtkFcx.png][/div]

The respondents seemed to all think that friendships play a fairly significant role in a player’s draft stock. This makes sense - if you’re friends with a player or familiar with them the safer you feel taking them. You don’t want to take a player and have them go inactive.
The final question dealt with how willing respondents would be to draft a new player over a recreated player if the new player had marginally more TPE than the recreate. Respondents placed their answers on a scale of 1 to 5 with a 1 representing that they would consistently draft the new player with marginally more TPE over the recreate and a 5 representing that they would always draft the recreate over the new player.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: UuFkjg0.png][/div]

In general, respondents slightly leaned towards drafting the new player with marginally more TPE over the recreate.

So why does all this matter? All of these results were things I kept in mind when building my mock draft. I tried to weigh the various factors that go into determining a player’s value and make smart decisions at each spot. It is by no means a perfect system, but I wanted to have some method to my madness before I started trying to determine where players might go.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Mock Draft
Round One[/div]
1. Austin Copperheads AUS via Honolulu Hahalua HON
Pick: Colt Mendoza (CB 180TPE) Dallas Birddogs DAL

After a shocking trade where Austin sent their Season 22 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 8th round picks to Honolulu in exchange for the first overall pick and Honolulu’s 7th rounder, speculation mounted as to who Austin was targeting with such an aggressive trade up the board. In the post announcing the trade Austin General Manager JKortesi81 wrote, “We get to snag someone we view as a game changer.” Shortly after rumors started swirling that Austin was aggressively pursuing Dallas Birddogs CB Colt Mendoza. These rumors came to a precipice recently and it feels highly likely that Mendoza will be the first overall selection.

Mendoza is tied for eighth in terms of total TPE for cornerbacks in the class at 180 – 35TPE behind the highest cornerback – however his stock has risen dramatically due to his work testing how various positions and attributes perform in simulation. Austin has a tricky situation ahead of them when deciding who to protect in the expansion draft and it’s likely that Season 20 cornerback Victor Moreno (328TPE) will find himself drafted to one of the expansion teams. That would leave Season 16 cornerback Dermot Lavelle Jr. (1276TPE) as the only other cornerback on the roster. Mendoza would be an important addition to a secondary that is staring down potential tough losses in the upcoming expansion draft and due to regression.

2. New Orleans Second Line NOLA via Sarasota Sailfish SAR
Pick: Magnus Rikiya (DT 198TPE) Norfolk Seawolves NOR

New Orleans traded up with the Sarasota Sailfish to acquire the second overall pick in this season’s draft. Rumors are that they’re locked in on Norfolk defensive tackle Magnus Rikiya, a player who has already made her mark on the league both on the field and off of it. She’s the second highest defensive tackle prospect by TPE at 198 – 38TPE behind the highest defensive tackle – and has already picked up two league jobs as a media grader and wiki editor. Well liked in the community for her positive personality she’ll be a key addition to a New Orleans team that is facing down hard choices in the expansion draft. Depending on how they allocate their protection slots they could potentially lose valuable contributors on the defensive line such as Season 16 defensive tackle Blake Faux (734TPE), Season 16 defensive end Ben Tu’inukuafe (520TPE), or Season 18 defensive tackle Bjorn Ironside (811TPE). Rikiya would slot in as a potentially immediate contributor for the Second Line.

3. Arizona Outlaws ARI
Pick: Johnny Hellzapoppin (S 194TPE) Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB

This is a difficult pick because there is a lot of top tier talent left on the board after Austin and New Orleans both decided to draft for potential and intangibles over pure on the field talent. The Outlaws are dangerously thin in the secondary and so they choose to prioritize one of the top safeties over the board over some of the top tier defensive line prospects that are left on the board.

They currently have two safeties on their roster - Jamie Nkiah (S20 358TPE) and Knute Knurtsson (S13 194TPE). Nkiah is auto-protected in the expansion draft as he’s Outlaw Co-GM Drizzy’s player. At cornerback they currently have Lucas Knight (S15 1096TPE), Desmond Scarlett (S20 498TPE), and Beau Montgomery (S12 269TPE). Scarlett is auto-protected in the expansion draft because he’s Outlaw GM Unicorn’s player. It is also highly likely they protect Knight because he’s a high TPE player who will only be entering his first season of regression.

With those potential losses in mind the Outlaws take Buccaneers standout Hellzapoppin (194TPE). A force on the field, Hellzapoppin has become an integral part of the community with his work off the field as well. The third safety in the class by TPE standards, he’ll slot into the Outlaws secondary and be on the same timeline as Scarlett and Nkiah.

4. Philadelphia Liberty PHI
Pick: Phat Boi (DT 236TPE) Kansas City Coyotes KCC

Philadelphia will rush to the podium with this selection. They’re able to grab the highest TPE player in the draft with their first pick in the first round. The Liberty are currently extremely thin along the defensive line - especially at defensive tackle. The only current defensive tackle on the Liberty roster is Ricardo Morris (S15 606TPE). At defensive end they have ILove Gimmy (S18 541TPE), Mike Franchet (S18 305TPE), and Jeff Personsacker (S21 88TPE). Personacker is auto-protected in the expansion draft as a current rookie and ILove Gimmy is auto-protected because he’s Philadelphia GM Hallmonitor_20’s player. It is not expected they protect Morris or Franchet in the expansion draft, making Phat Boi an important cog in their defensive line going forward.

5. Philadelphia Liberty PHI via Chicago Butchers CHI
Pick: Tyler Oles Jr. (CB 215TPE) Portland Pythons POR

With their second pick in the first round Philadelphia addresses an important need in their secondary with top cornerback prospect Tyler Oles Jr. Philadelphia only lists three cornerbacks on their roster - Emondov Emoji (S15 1069TPE), Julian McMorris (S17 644TPE), and Stuart Little IV (S18 238TPE). McMorris would typically be auto-protected in the expansion draft as he’s Philadelphia Co-GM TummyTim69’s player, however he is retiring at the end of the season. Emoji will be entering regression next season and will most likely be protected in the expansion draft, but he hasn’t updated since January 11th, although he was last seen March 31st. Little has been inactive for the last month and has approximately the same amount of TPE as Oles will have at draft time.

6. San Jose Sabercats SJS
Pick: Derred de Ville (LB 205TPE) London Royals LON

San Jose will do their due diligence on the safety prospects in the class after Tyler Swift’s (S13 363TPE) retirement announcement, however will settle on bolstering their linebacker core with London’s Derred de Ville. The eighth highest TPE player in the class de Ville has shined on the DSFL field while also flashing key intangibles off of it. He’s a strong presence in the Royal’s locker room and has been helping the NSFL development team keep the league running since he joined.

The Sabercats currently lists three linebackers on their roster - Tyron Brackenridge (S17 942TPE), Inspectah Deck (S20 339TPE), and Jojo Burr-Kirven (S15 136TPE). It is expected that the Sabercats will protect Brackenridge and Deck in the expansion draft. Burr-Kirven is about to enter regression, is a lower TPE than de Ville currently is, and hasn’t updated since April 20, 2019.

7. Honolulu Hahalua HON via Austin Copperheads AUS
Pick: White Goodman (RB 221TPE) Dallas Birddogs DAL

With their first pick in franchise history the Hahalua focus on strengthening their locker room and war room with Dallas General Manager and running back White Goodman. Goodman’s user Gucci is a well known player in the league and a former number one overall pick to the Arizona Outlaws. His experience in helping craft the locker room for an expansion DSFL team in the Birddogs will be integral to the Hahalua’s long term goals. He also has experience in helping develop draft strategy and game strategy, having spearheaded both for the Birddogs.

On the field the Hahalua currently are locked into taking Baltimore quarterback Corvo Havran (S14 1275TPE) in the expansion draft. They will be able to fill out runningback in the expansion draft, however because Goodman is a receiving back he can also see snaps at wide receiver.

8. Yellowknife Wraiths YKW
Pick: Matt "Son of Havoc" Cross (S 200TPE) Norfolk Seawolves NOR

The Wraiths are dangerously weak at safety. They currently only list two on their roster - Danny Grithead (S10 508TPE) and Logan Lejune (S12 394TPE). Safety is an immediate and pressing need for the Wraiths so they snag highly regarded Norfolk safety Matt Cross in the middle of the first round. Cross is the highest TPE safety and eleventh highest player in the class and is well known off of the field. He fills an immediate need for the Wraiths.

9. Colorado Yeti COL
Pick: Brandon Booker (CB 200TPE) Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB

The Yeti have a glaring weakness at cornerback. They currently only list two on their roster - Louisiana Purchase (S18 812TPE) and Axel Hornbacher (S12 480TPE). Purchase is expected to be protected in the expansion draft, however Hornbacher has announced his retirement. These moves will leave the Yeti with only one cornerback on their roster. They choose to begin to rebuild their secondary with Brandon Booker, the second highest TPE corner in the class and a strong member of the NSFL community off the field.

10. Baltimore Hawks
Pick: Stanislaw Koniecpolski (LB 229TPE) Dallas Birddogs DAL

The Hawks have needs at both cornerback and linebacker. They choose to address linebacker first with Knoiecpolski, a well regarded member of the community and standout player for the Dallas Birddogs. Koniecpolski’s user, majesiu, is well known across simulation sports leagues so this is a safe pick for a Hawks team that is expecting the majority of their core to begin to head into regression.

They currently only list two linebackers on their roster - Raymond Vans (S12 576TPE) and Guy Nikko (S15 422TPE). Vans has announced his retirement at the end of the year. Nikko is going to begin to regress and has been inactive since June 2019. Koniecpolski will be the centerpiece of Baltimore’s linebacker group rebuild.

11. New Orleans Second Line NOLA
Pick: William Lim (WR 197TPE) Dallas Birddogs DAL

Although the Second Line are well known as a team who prioritizes a strong rushing attack they only list two receivers on their roster - Bona’beri Jones (S13 573TPE) and Jed Podolak (S18 554TPE). Jones will descend deeper into regression after this season. Podolak is not expected to be protected in the expansion draft due to the high number of strong players the Second Line need to protect.

With these losses in mind the Second Line snag the top receiver in the class - William Lim - at the end of the first round. Lim is a high earning player who is known for being well spoken in the Dallas locker room, often providing valuable strategic insight to the Birddogs’ front office. He’s the exact type of player New Orleans puts an emphasis on.

12. Orange County Otters OCO
Pick: Jeffrey Phillips (TE 228TPE) Dallas Birddogs DAL

The Otters are in a unique position at the end of the first round. They have very few needs so they’re capable of taking what might be seen as a luxury pick when they select the top tight end in the class in Jeffrey Phillips.They have several young defensive studs in their pipeline on both the defensive line and in the secondary, their wide receivers are still several seasons from entering regression, but they only currently list one tight end on their roster - Johnny Blaze (S13 510TPE).

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Round Two[/div]
1. Honolulu Hahalua HON
Pick: Troen Egghands (DE 201TPE) Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB

Honolulu went with the locker room presence in the first round and still manages to land one of the draft’s top defensive players in Troen Egghands in the second. With no known needs prior to the expansion draft, Egghands is the best player available left on the board.

2. Sarasota Sailfish SAR
Pick: Buck Thornton (S 195TPE) Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN

Sarasota uses their first pick in franchise history on Minnesota safety Buck Thornton. There are only expected to be a few unprotected safeties in the expansion draft - New Orleans safety Mason Blaylock (S19 673TPE) comes to mind - so the Sailfish decide to take one of the last elite safeties in the draft.

3. Arizona Outlaws ARI
Pick: Thubba Bumper (CB 193TPE) Norfolk Seawolves NOR

Arizona took Myrtle Beach safety Johnny Hellzapoppin in the first round and chooses to readdress the secondary with their first second round by selecting Norfolk cornerback Thubba Bumper. As previously discussed the Outlaws are frighteningly thin in their secondary, so taking one of the top remaining corner prospects left on the board will help the Outlaws shore up an area of weakness.

4. Arizona Outlaws ARI via Philadelphia Liberty PHI
Pick: Heath Evans (TE 195TPE) Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB

The Outlaws are an extremely young team and are loaded with picks. One of their obvious weaknesses when scanning their roster is at tight end. Jammerson Irving (S15 800TPE) is the only tight end on the roster and is not a lock to be protected in the expansion draft due to his impending regression and inactivity. Evans is one of the top tight end prospects in the draft and will help the Outlaws and young quarterback Jay Cue (S18 893TPE) immensely.

Pick: Deshun Jones (DT 193TPE) Dallas Birddogs DAL

Philadelphia has a definite need at linebacker, however there isn’t an obvious linebacker prospect on the board in this range. With that in mind, the Liberty decide to address their lack of defensive tackles by taking Dallas’ Deshun Jones in the second round. Jones is the second highest TPE defensive tackle remaining on the board and is a valuable member of the Birddogs’ locker room with his vibrant personality and strategic insights.

The Liberty currently only have one true defensive tackle on their roster - Ricardo Morris (S15 606TPE). He isn’t a lock to be protected in the expansion draft, making Jones a vital selection for Philadelphia.

Pick: Monterey "Monty" Jack (QB 209TPE) Dallas Birddogs DAL

The Sabercats have to take their General Manager Rradum’s player with their second round pick. He’s expected to be their quarterback of the future.

7. Austin Copperheads AUS
Pick: Octavio Clemente (DT 197TPE) Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB

Austin has the reigning Defensive Rookie of the Year at defensive end in Kyle Idlewyld (S20 440TPE), however they’re extremely weak at defensive tackle. They currently only list two defensive tackles on their roster - Riles McTackle (S21 258TPE) and John-Caleb Bradberton (S18 205TPE). After taking a high intangibles player first overall in Colt Mendoza, the Copperheads choose to address the need at defensive tackle with the highest TPE defensive tackle prospect left on the board in Myrtle Beach’s Octavio Clemente.

Pick: Colby Jack (QB 222TPE) London Royals LON

The Wraiths have to take their General Manager flyeaglesfly29’s player with their second round pick. He’s expected to be their quarterback of the future.

9. Colorado Yeti COL
Pick: Eddie Jeeta (WR 195TPE) Kansas City Coyotes KCC

The Yeti are currently aging at wide receiver. They list three on their roster - Laszlo Forty-Two (S16 1136TPE), James Bishop (S12 792TPE), and Red Arrow (S21 326TPE). Arrow will be auto-protected in the expansion draft because he’s rookie and Forty-Two is expected to be protected as well. With Bishop regressing further, the Yeti take the draft’s second best receiver in Eddie Jeeta. His progression timeline will line up well with Arrow’s, helping the Yeti fortify their receiver position for the next few seasons.

10. Chicago Butchers CHI via Baltimore Hawks BAL
Pick: Bayley Benson Jr. (LB 153TPE) Dallas Birddogs DAL

The Butchers are required to take their new General Manager Bayley’s player with their second round pick. Chicago has a need at almost every position so Benson will be a welcomed addition to the roster.

11. New Orleans Second Line NOLA
Pick: Quinn Hughes (S 190TPE) London Royals LON

The Second Line currently only list one safety on their roster - Mason Blaylock (S19 673TPE). He is not currently expected to be protected in the expansion draft. With that in mind New Orleans picks the top safety remaining on the board in Quinn Hughes. Hughes has been a strong player on the field for the Royals and is also active in the NSFL media and community. He’ll be another strong player for the New Orleans’ locker room.

Pick: Kichwa Jones (RB 196TPE) Dallas Birddogs DAL

Orange County currently only lists two running backs on their roster - Ludicolo Bigby (S15 543TPE) and Siddhu Sarvepally (S20 246TPE). Bigby is not expected to be protected in the expansion and Sarvepally just surprisingly retired. With these factors in mind the Otters snag one of the top running backs on the board in Kichwa Jones from Dallas. He has been a strong player in the DSFL this season, often flashing big play potential.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Round Three[/div]
1. Honolulu Hahalua HON
Pick: Eldrick Avery (CB 195TPE) London Royals LON

As the Hahalua continue to flesh out their roster they choose to roll the dice on a high TPE cornerback from London in Eldrick Avery. Active on the boards and in the NSFL community, Avery has the potential to liven up the Hahalua locker room.

2. Sarasota Sailfish SAR
Pick: Ben Slothlisberger (QB 184TPE) Tijuana Luchadores TIJ

The Sailfish need a quarterback. It is rumored that Ben Slothlistberger is highly coveted by New Orleans as well. Sarasota picks him here to secure their quarterback of the future and prevent New Orleans from moving up the board or taking him in a later round.

3. Arizona Outlaws ARI
Pick: Sandro Ryeu (DE 185TPE) London Royals LON

The Outlaws only have one defensive end listed on their roster - Joseph Henry (S14 175TPE). They take London Royals defensive end Sandro Ryeu here to strengthen their defensive line for the future.

4. Baltimore Hawks BAL via Philadelphia Liberty PHI
Pick: Chester Sweets (CB 182TPE) Kansas City Coyotes KCC

The Hawks have a desperate need at cornerback. They currently only have three on their roster - Marquees Acho (S15 900TPE), Juan Marston (S18 395TPE), and Xandra Troyski (S10 291TPE). With Acho retiring at the end of the season they need to strengthen their secondary for the future. Chester Sweets from the Kansas City Coyotes does just that.

Pick: Acura Skyline (RB 199TPE) London Royals LON

The Liberty currently only have two running backs listed on their roster - Sam Torenson (S16 1131TPE) and Fuzzy Dotson (S18 541TPE). With Torenson being one season away from regression and the expansion draft potentially weakening their depth at the position, the Liberty secure a running back of the future in Acura Skyline from the London Royals.

Pick: Eric Barlow (S 178TPE) Dallas Birddogs DAL

The Sabercats have five safeties currently on their roster - Trey Staley (S12 653TPE), Tyler Swift (S13 363TPE), Joseph Wozniak (S18 345TPE), Jorel Tuck (S12 287TPE), and Oswald Grimnir (S18 179TPE). Staley and Tuck are heading for more brutal regression, Swift has retired, and Wozniak and Grimnir are inactive. Sabercats General Manager has familiarity with Dallas safety Eric Barlow from their time in the Birddogs’ locker room together and can address a glaring weakness in San Jose’s roster by selecting this high earning player who is an active member in the community.

7. Honolulu Hahalua HON via Austin Copperheads AUS
Pick: Fawn Dillmiballs (LB 171TPE) Kansas City Coyotes KCC

The Hahalua continue to build out an impressive locker room with the selection of Fawn Dillmiballs. Not only does he have one of the most impressive names in the draft, rumors are that he’s flying up various teams’ boards with strong answers to scouting questions and a vicarious personality. Those traits are extremely important for an expansion team.

Pick: Haha Mango-Panda (LB 169TPE) Dallas Birddogs DAL

The Wraiths finally get a chance to snag a linebacker in the third round, taking Dallas’ Haha Mango-Panda. They currently have three linebackers listed on their roster - Maurice Virtanen (S18 898TPE), Alex Selich (S11 501TPE), and Douglas Quaid (S21 378TPE). Selich is headed toward another season of regression, Virtanen is expected to be protected in the expansion draft, and Quaid is auto-protected in the expansion draft because he’s a rookie. Mando-Panda is still a strong value pick here and offers added flexibility for the Wraith defense. An active member of the community, he’ll also be a strong presence in the Yellowknife locker room.

9. Colorado Yeti COL
Pick: Lawrence Bass (LB 178TPE) Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN

The run on linebackers continues as the Yeti take the third straight, picking up Minnesota’s Lawrence Bass. The Yeti only have two linebackers listed on their roster - Mo Berry (S15 1322TPE) and Tony Gabagool (S15 738TPE). Both these players are still capable of playing, however they’re heading for regression. Colorado secures their linebacker of the future with this pick.

10. Baltimore Hawks BAL
Pick: Andrew Witten (CB 180TPE) Tijuana Luchadores TIJ

With their second pick in the third round the Hawks double dip at the cornerback position and take Andrew Witten from Tijuana. The Hawks are notoriously thin at CB and Witten has been rising up boards with insightful media pieces on the draft process.

11. Sarasota Sailfish SAR via New Orleans Second Line NOLA
Pick: Mo "Mamba" Magic (DT 188TPE) Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN

With their quarterback and safety of the future already having been secured in this draft, the Sailfish jump on one of the highest ranked players remaining in Mo "Mamba" Magic. A fierce competitor on the field, Magic is also an active member in the NSFL community and will bolster the Sailfish's blossoming locker room.

Pick: Calvin Golladay (OL 184TPE) Tijuana Luchadores TIJ

Giving love to the Fair Rubs Club, the Otters take the first offensive linemen in the draft with the last pick of the third round. Orange County has few glaring weaknesses heading into this draft and their front office has been known to be analytics driven. Having seen the recent studies about the value of human offensive tackles they’ll secure one for themselves in Tijuana’s Calvin Golladay. Golladay is an active community member and the top offensive lineman in the draft.

---------
So there you have it. My three round mock draft in all of its gigantic glory. Its probably going to be pretty wrong but hopefully it’ll spark some debates.

*Stego's 3 Round Mock Draft + Draft Survey Results - gucci - 04-01-2020

7OA to Honolulu? Dwyer and Raven you seeing this? The numbers cruncher thinks we’re a good fit :eyes:

*Stego's 3 Round Mock Draft + Draft Survey Results - PMoney - 04-01-2020

Pack it up everyone, we have the mock draft that matters

*Stego's 3 Round Mock Draft + Draft Survey Results - CalvinGolladay - 04-01-2020

Imagine thinking you're going 1OA when it's already confirmed that you're seriously definitely not.
But really, that's a great mock. Even if it's not an OL statistical analysis we still got a plug, so hats off to you for that.

*Stego's 3 Round Mock Draft + Draft Survey Results - mithrandir - 04-01-2020

I would love to pair up with Chester Sweets in the secondary!

*Stego's 3 Round Mock Draft + Draft Survey Results - retrospace111 - 04-01-2020

now people are just excluding me from their mocks intentionally so they can see my reaction well let me tell you i don't care, you won't be provoking anything from me today no sir