International Simulation Football League
*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Rose Jenkins Post-Game (/showthread.php?tid=20707)

Pages: 1 2

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Jiggly_333 - 04-01-2020

After the final game of the season, Rose Jenkins steps up to the podium.

She pulls out a prepared sheet of paper and begins to read:

The Hog Butchers have been outsourced.
The Tool maker, the Stacker of Wheat have retreated from the urban center.
With Railroads too rusted to Handle the Nation’s Freight,
The City with Big Shoulders is too husky to fit into her shoulderpads.

They tell me she is wicked and I believe them, for I have seen her at night breathing the sweet air of complacency as the forest burns.
They tell me she is crooked and I answer: yes, it is true that I have seen her kill and go free to kill again.
They tell me she is brutal and my reply is: In the empty streets and halls I have seen the marks of misuse and disrepair.
And having answered so I turn once more to those who sneer at this my City, and

I cannot deny them their sneer.
I cannot deny the truth in the words being spoken as I have lived them myself.
There is no lie in failure.
And in turn, there is seldom any truth in success.

But come,
Come and show me another city with lifted head singing so proud to be alive and coarse and human and true.
Flinging magnetic curses amid the toil of piling rebuild on rebuild, here is a stone colossus set vivid against the little soft cities;
Where every action will meet its consequence and no amount of prestige or magic can protect you from yourself.
A City that will love you, and kill you, and hate you, and nurture you.
A City that will refuse to give up even to the point of destruction.

She will continue on her way,
Shoveling,
Wrecking,
Planning,
Building, breaking, rebuilding,
Under the smoke, dust all over her mouth, laughing with white teeth,
Under the terrible burden of destiny laughing as a young girl laughs,
Laughing even as an ignorant fighter laughs who has never lost a battle,
Bragging and laughing that under her wrist is the pulse, and under her ribs the heart of the people.

Laughing, to the point of exhaustion.
Laughing, to the point of madness.
Laughing, until all there is left is silence.

And in the ashes of my own creation, I lay there.
And I laugh as I realize the blood on my hands is my own.
And I laugh.
Because that’s all there is left to do.
Because that’s all I know how to do.

To continue to laugh and curse and sing and scream.
To build, destroy, rebuild, and destroy again.
To love all in the hopes of being hated.
To feel this, my City, inside of me wherever I go.
To realize that when I let go, she will still remain.
And though I may change,
My City will never go away.

She closes the paper and looks back out onto the reporters gathered there.

“I am retiring at the end of the next season. I’d like to thank my city for raising me and giving me support through these years.”

Jenkins walks away from the podium without taking any questions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has nothing to do with this past weekend. I spoke with Steel about this a week ago and it was something that I made sure was on the table when discussing the team’s situation with GM candidates. I will take the proper procedure after the Ultimus and post in the full retirement section.

A few months ago I said that each player I had in each league would be my last. After the events of the past month, I wasn’t so sure anymore. Then this weekend happened and I guess I’m leaning back towards leaving.

If I do recreate, it won’t be in the S23 draft. I’ll see how I feel when the time comes.

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Frostbite - 04-01-2020

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymaga...s/12840/chicago

:thinking:

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - scorycory - 04-01-2020

Yoooooo copyright infringement, let's go

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Lightnoir - 04-01-2020

Copyright infringement? For what? Paying homage to a hundred year old poem? Hey Jiggly I know you don't know me. PM on discord if you want someone to talk to. My name's the same there.

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Thor - 04-02-2020

(04-01-2020, 08:12 PM)Lightnoir Wrote:Copyright infringement? For what? Paying homage to a hundred year old poem? Hey Jiggly I know you don't know me. PM on discord if you want someone to talk to. My name's the same there.

Well, I mean - it makes a bit of a difference when it's posted in media and going to be graded, if it was posted in retirements I'm sure there would be no issues.

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Lightnoir - 04-02-2020

Yeah I bet this whole thing was a scheme to get the $1m in media payout from this 650 word submission. I bet you didn't even read the poem and see how transformative she made it. I bet you didn't read the original either, did you? Just let the woman walk away. And if you think that this constitutes anything close to copyright infringement then I don't know what to tell you.

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - scorycory - 04-02-2020

????

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Buttersqauch101 - 04-02-2020

(04-01-2020, 11:40 PM)Lightnoir Wrote:Yeah I bet this whole thing was a scheme to get the $1m in media payout from this 650 word submission. I bet you didn't even read the poem and see how transformative she made it. I bet you didn't read the original either, did you? Just let the woman walk away. And if you think that this constitutes anything close to copyright infringement then I don't know what to tell you.
How could we let the women walk away when Jiggly is a Guy?

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Thor - 04-02-2020

(04-01-2020, 09:40 PM)Lightnoir Wrote:Yeah I bet this whole thing was a scheme to get the $1m in media payout from this 650 word submission. I bet you didn't even read the poem and see how transformative she made it. I bet you didn't read the original either, did you? Just let the woman walk away. And if you think that this constitutes anything close to copyright infringement then I don't know what to tell you.

If it's not about a payout, why is it posted in media instead of retirements? I don't have a problem or opinion on anything other than that.

Thanks for your opinion though, very valuable.

*Rose Jenkins Post-Game - Lightnoir - 04-02-2020

My only point is that I feel like this community has taken its pound of flesh. I know what it's like to get dragged through the court of public opinion. And it's not something that's fair. I just want to show empathy for someone who I'm not seeing get any. And everyone is worth empathy.