International Simulation Football League
*Willie B. Hardagain's Big Announcement - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Willie B. Hardagain's Big Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=20739)

*Willie B. Hardagain's Big Announcement - Toasty - 04-02-2020

Willie B. called for a press conference early in the yesterday morning
As he walked up to the podium, he made sure to note there were very few reporters sitting in the room along with the lack of camera flashes too.
They had made sure to follow the social distancing.
But Willie B. knew it was not the current epidemic that was keeping the reporters out
If Jay Cue or Saba Donut had call the press conference, every reporter in the area would be crammed into this tiny room
But Willie B. knew that he had done this to himself
He had gone what looked like inactive which was not the full story
He was still doing tasks
He was just too lazy to actually do the updating
He walks up to the stand and struggles to say what he wishes to say
He asks himself do you really want to do this
He could not come up with the answer to his question at the moment
He thinks back to his first game in the NSFL
It was in an Arizona Outlaws uniform it was in Baltimore
He had gotten his first touchdown of his career in that game
It was a fly route on 2nd and 2
He had already gotten 2 catches earlier in the game for 37 yards
The defender completely decided against guard him and went for Cue
At that exact moment Willie B. prayed for the strength not to drop the ball because he knew Jay Cue would see him streaking for the end zone and the defender baring down for the sack and riffle the ball
The ball hit his hands and Willie B. almost broke the number one rule of being a wide receiver
For every catch look the ball in, never take your eyes off the ball because you will drop is 99% of the time.
He turned his head back just in time to see the ball find his hands
He gave it a tiny bobble and quickly brought it the ball down and tucked the point of it into his elbow
Coach Bob Fink would have been proud of Willie B. for this
It was a skill that they had worked on day and night catch and tuck, catch and tuck
They had probably done this a quarter of a million times
But then he noticed Raymond Vans wasn’t blitzing
He was bluffed the blitz and was in zone coverage
And he now had his sights set on getting his 6th tackle of the game
Willie panicked this went from what he thought was an easy touchdown to a difficult 30 yards
Around the 2-yard line Raymond Vans had caught Willie B. and was not planning on letting him get to the endzone to bring the score up to 14 to zip
Luckily Willie B. had momentum on his side and was able to fall into the endzone for his first ever touchdown
He did not even had time to learn the touchdown dance that he wanted to do with Saba Donut
Even if he did he probably would have forgotten it because he was so happy
He realized this was not going to be the easiest decision of his career
He switched wide receiver to help this team out
Even if it was motivated to outdo the one person who pushed him out of Chicago
He had made real friends here in Arizona
Was he willing to give that all up and start over on a new team?

I would like to post pone this press conference for 15 minutes.
Do I really want to…
At that moment one of the reporters in the back blurted out “come on man we do not have all day just say what you need to say so we can go report about some real news, and not about some bum third string wide receiver”
Breathe in, breathe out, do not go nuclear, do not do something you will regret, you probably would have said the same thing, no you definitely would have said the same thing
As Willie B. turned around, he said through gritted teeth making sure to make his point clear “I would like 15 minutes, your news will still be there in 15 minutes, and God forbid if something more important to you comes up while I am collecting my thoughts you are more than welcome to leave. No one is forcing you to sit here and wait through this. That goes to all. 15 minutes from now I will come out and say what I need to say and you can get back to your “real” news”
After he walked back stage Willie B. wondered if he had handled that right. Should he go out and apologize
No that is what the reporter would want
For Willie B. to admit that he was in the wrong for taking this career changing news seriously
He had built not just a literal family in Arizona but his locker room was part of his family too
So, was he willing to leave all of it behind for the unknown greener pastures?
Or, does he call it quits and just walk away from the game all together?
Call it quits and just walk away from the game and focus on real life
Or, does he decide to stay in Arizona hope Hawaii or Sarasota do not decide to pick him up in the expansion draft since he was rightfully deeded expendable by the Arizona General Managers?
So many decision, so little time
He always thought of himself as a loyal player and did not want to leave the team hanging high and dry
Because they had given him a home
He had reached his decision
As Willie B. walked back out to the podium, he notices two of the reporters had left for the so-called real news, neither of them being the reporter who wanted Willie B. to get on with the announcement
This made Willie B. snort to himself and then grin
This was ok because this is what is going to fuel him in the future

As he approached the podium red and black podium with the logo Arizona changed to just a season or two ago the reporter from earlier approached him Willie B. started to say “Hey man, I am sorry it took 20 minutes, I am going to say what I have to and then…” the reporter said in a hushed voice “I am sorry about earlier man I realize this is important to you take all the time you need. I will be here waiting no matter what. Even if Mike Boss decides to come out of retirement”
This really caught Willie B. off guard, but then he concluded that someone must have said something to his boss and he is now trying to do something get out so he could move up to more high-profile things
“preciate” was all Willie B. was able to mumble.
Now time for the announcement that 4 of you had the decency to stay and wait for I will not be returning to Arizona under any circumstances next season. I know this might come across as a shock to some people because I always prided myself in being a loyal member of any team I am on, but I do not have a future in Arizona because they have both Saba Donut, and Burberry, which is going to be a deadly offensive tandem and there will be no room left for me in the WR room. This is nothing against Burberry or Saba, those two have taught me a lot about playing wide receiver and it is time to take those skills and apply them somewhere I can be the number one wide receiver of my own team. I have a shit ton of memories in Arizona and it is going to suck leaving the team. On that note in the next could of days I will be having another press conference about which teams I would like to go to and ranking them. Until then I will not be answering until then. I would like to thank @SabaDonutMan for teaching me about wide receiver and being a great friend and advocating for me when I was traded from Chicago. I would like to thank @SwagSloth for taking the chance on me and bringing me in. I would like to thank the rest of the team for all the memories that we made and you guys have a very solid future, do not lose trust.
As he left the stand Willie B. wondered to himself. Did he just make the worst or best mistake or his career. Will this be the thing he looks back on this and regret moving on? How will the guys take it? Only time will tell

*Willie B. Hardagain's Big Announcement - SabaDonutMan - 04-02-2020

;-;

*Willie B. Hardagain's Big Announcement - Toasty - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 07:12 PM)SabaDonutMan Wrote:;-;

sorry bud it was hard for me to do this