International Simulation Football League
*Barlow's Draft Destinations - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Barlow's Draft Destinations (/showthread.php?tid=20756)

*Barlow's Draft Destinations - Thiath - 04-03-2020

Alright Zamir finally did his so I can get on with mine. Is this helpful in anyway to the scouts? Probably not. However I will be implementing Bex's favorite rule. "Don't be a dick."

Tier 1 The Most Exciting

CHI

Alright let's talk about the elephant in the room shall we? I'm sure a lot of you, especially my fellow S22 rookies are shocked to see Chicago as my top destination. As you may or may not care, earlier this season I had an expansion bid with the now GM Bayleyisland. Even after the Brooklyn Knights lost, I immediately started looking at just what the hell was going on with Chicago. Before Steel abruptly quit the league, I had applied for the Butchers Co-GM spot. With the pieces falling where they have, I still believe Chicago has hope, and I'd love to do everything in my power to help Muford and Bayley in anyway that I possibly can. If they'd have me of course, we all know their draft capital is less than Ideal, though if I have to, I'm willing to recreate in S23 just to get in Chicago.

HON

I said for quite a while that if I didn't get my expansion I'd want to be drafted by one. I've liked Raven's pitch from the moment I heard about it, and I truthfully believe he could be a contender in no more than 3 seasons. As long as he drafts me of course. I also really like the idea of being a corner stone of something completely new. I'm not sure if I really was one in Dallas, but who knows.

AUS

I mean come on, I'm on the Birddogs, is it really a surprise Austin is in my top three? I will admit, Austin is probably the team I feel most comfortable predicting as the team that drafts me. I think a lot of former Birddogs will end up there on draft night. That's my primary draw to the Copperheads, familiarity. I know the GM's in Austin better than everyone else, so it's an easy choice.

Tier 2 Intriguing

PHI

As with the other teams on this tier, I don't know a whole lot about how Philly operates. However, the conversations I've had with players and GM's I believe have gone well. They've certainly peaked my interest, I know the general consensus I've heard is that they have some really good GM's so hopefully they'd be willing to show me the ropes a little more.

ARI

The Outlaws intrigue me because of their current draft capital. As a team in rebuild mode, they could not be in a better situation to potentially create a dynasty. I'm not exactly sure how they feel about me, but our talks went well in my mind. If I were to go to Arizona, I would hope to be able to help them build something incredible.

COL

Colorado is another team that I can't quite gauge how and if they value me. Though I feel like the Yeti would be the place where my player could find success the fastest. The team has an outside shot at an ultimus this year, and I feel like maybe I could be that missing link.

YKW

Honestly I just think the Wraiths are cool. I've talked to them a little bit, it seemed to go well enough. I'd like to get to know their front office a little more, see what their overall goals are for the future. Where I fit in with that plan, whether they'll help me on my path to be a GM.

OCO

The Otters are an enigma to me. I still don't know if they belong in this tier or the next. Though I think there is at least a slight interest, I'm not sure they'd draft me even if they wanted too simply based on need alone.

Tier 3 Teams I don't think want me

BAL

I haven't talked to the Baltimore scouts much. It was certainly one of the shortest conversations I've had in the scouting process. I know that doesn't immediately mean they aren't interested, though I haven't see much on the contrary.

SJS

I'm a bit surprised I've talked so little with San Jose, seeing as one of their GM's has been on a team with me this past season. Again, I haven't got anyway to prove they aren't interested. I don't really know how I feel about the Sabercats for that very reason, I hope to get to know more about them in the coming week, and hopefully that'll change my mind.

NOLA

Originally, I though New Orleans thought very highly of me, though now I'm not all too sure. I know the scouting process is a lengthy en devour, but I only just heard from them today. Of course that by no means proves anything once again, though I truly feel I don't know enough to rightly make a decision about them at this time.

Tier 4 Frost don't draft me

SAR You were the second of two expansion teams to scout me. Therefore you must become my rival as surely I will be drafted by Raven. No but seriously frost, see Honolulu's write up, it's about the same for the Sailfish, I only put you here to meme.

*Barlow's Draft Destinations - Bayley - 04-03-2020

CHI first

(04-03-2020, 03:15 PM)BayleyIsland Wrote:CHI first

Did you expect different?

*Barlow's Draft Destinations - Raven - 04-03-2020

Tier 1 baby HON

*Barlow's Draft Destinations - Frostbite - 04-03-2020

wtf

(04-03-2020, 03:28 PM)Frostbite Wrote:wtf

By international rivalry law, this is how it has to work

*Barlow's Draft Destinations - Duilio05 - 04-03-2020

keeping scouting conversations short probably has something to do with the fact I was drafted to Baltimore myself without a single contact by the GMs at the time. or maybe i'm just too much of an introvert.

*Barlow's Draft Destinations - revuhlution - 04-03-2020

Is this Safety Eric Barlow? Identifying info is helpful, my dude.