International Simulation Football League
*Brandon Booker's Big Big Board - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Brandon Booker's Big Big Board (/showthread.php?tid=20763)

Pages: 1 2 3

*Brandon Booker's Big Big Board - Memento Mori - 04-03-2020

Memento Mori Wrote:Okay, I surprised myself with this one. When I began writing this, I had no idea it would end up being 6503 words long. I probably made a few mistakes like calling someone the wrong name so if you notice one, please point it out. I tried to make all the descriptions as personal as possible, which was easy for the users I’ve spoken to a lot but harder for the ones who I’m less familiar with. I trawled through all your update pages, your media and graphic submissions, your bank accounts and more. This class is ridiculously good and I’m looking forward to taking over the NSFL with you all - the list of people I had to snub has lots of impressive prospects too. And yes, the title is supposed to have the word 'big' twice.

For four DSFL teams - the Dallas Birddogs, the London Royals, the Tijuana Luchadores and the defending champs Minnesota Grey Ducks - the season is over. Players on these teams will turn one eye towards the draft now, and I expect to see even more draft media produced by the fifty users on this list.

Lots of people have been making draft rankings of different positions, tier lists, team needs posts, etc. alongside mock drafts, which make really useful resources when writing other draft coverage. I've been writing mock drafts using a very rough big board I put together, so I thought I'd edit it a bit and publish it as a draft article. If it helps people to write their own mocks/other draft content then great, if not then at least I got to say nice things about as many of you as possible. It also gives me a chance to talk about people who I think are really good prospects but who I don't necessarily think will be selected very high because of team need, positional value etc. as a big board doesn't take these things into account, it’s simply a ranking of the best overall prospects.

I'm trying to combine some objective criteria (TPE, forum activity, discord activity, bank balance) with some subjective criteria (personality, my reading of how you're perceived around the league) as well as account for some things that for players I’m less familiar with, I just don't know (how active you are in your team locker room, what kind of teammate you are). So if I rank you lower than you expected, trust that it's because I missed something or interpreted something differently rather than because I think you're a bad prospect. I didn’t initially intend to write about fifty prospects, but I really like you all and I didn’t want to leave out more people than I had to.

1) Colt Mendoza, CB - Dallas Birddogs DAL
User: iStegosauruz

iStegosauruz is a man who needs no introduction, but seeing as I’m paid by the word he’s getting one. Everyone has read his stats pieces and I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that his work has already had a notable impact on how players and GMs view different positions, attributes and teambuilding. You’d think there might be a Catch-22 situation where because he's made all his research public, you don't need him in your locker room to benefit from his analysis. But, imagine all the things he says and thinks that don’t make it into an article, or the articles with useful findings that he discards because it’s only a 9/10 article and not a 10. He's obviously someone you want in your locker room, making decisions to help your team, rather than somebody else's. I’ve even heard that some GMs - perhaps including the GM of a certain team picking first overall - don’t even have the sim, which is yet another reason to pick Steg. You can add him to your war room immediately, and he’s sure to be a good influence on the rest of your rookie class.

iStegosauruz was named the new Dallas co-GM after I finished writing this section, but before I finished the rest of this mammoth article. Congrats! Steg is a future NSFL GM, if he chooses to take that path.

2) Magnus Rikiya, DT - Norfolk SeaWolves NOR
User: Tesla

Tesla ticks all the boxes. She's active, gains TPE at a high rate, has a league job, a fat stack of cash in her bank account and she's incapable of being mean to anyone. Tesla could resign from her league job, sign minimum contracts and never write a word of media again and still afford Tier 6 equipment and every weekly training for the next four seasons. It’s one of those very rare cases where the really rich person is actually incredibly nice. The only reason you wouldn't want to draft Magnus Rikiya is if you had more than enough defensive linemen on your roster. And looking around the league, there probably isn’t a single team that can make that claim.

3) Phat Boi, DT - Kansas City Coyotes KCC
User: BadLck

Phat Boi leads the class in TPE, as a new user who created at the trade deadline - which has given him more opportunities to earn TPE than any other player in the class. Phat Boi has taken full advantage of this and he’ll slot straight into a starting spot on an NSFL defensive line. His bank account isn’t quite as healthy as the other users ranked this high, but Phat Boi has the highest ceiling of anyone in the class if he continues to earn close to max TPE. BadLck often comes across as fairly humble and I’ve seen him praising his teammates on a number of occasions, suggesting he’s a good locker room presence who’s well-liked in Kansas City.

4) Monterey "Monty" Jack, QB, Dallas Birddogs DAL
User: Rradum

Our first recreate. Rradum is the San Jose Sabercats GM, and retired their 1000+ TPE player to recreate as San Jose’s quarterback of the future. Rradum has contributed a lot to the league, having previously been the DSFL streamer, and is well-liked and respected. There’s no questions about whether or not Rradum can lead a team or bring a locker room together, because they already do.

5) Tyler Oles, JR - Portland Pythons POR
User: To12143

Tyler Oles JR is TO's third player, his first being a S2 create cornerback-turned-quarterback. His players have had two long, successful careers and wide receiver Kazimir Oles reached 1472 TPE at his peak, which is okay I guess. He's a former GM, a former Head Office member, former Head of Player Progression... the list goes on. With a cool $203m burning a hole in his pocket, he’s another prospect with a high floor and a high ceiling. A reunion with the Philadelphia Liberty seemed likely for Oles before the unfortunate saga that I’d rather not say anything more about.

6) Colby Jack, QB, London Royals LON
User: flyeaglesfly29

flyeaglesfly29 recreated as Colby Jack, with the intention of being the quarterback of the future for the Yellowknife Wraiths. fef is the Wraiths GM, and retired their 1000+ TPE player in order to do so. Sound familiar? The second Jack brother is ranked lower as they’re quieter in league discord servers, keeping a slightly lower profile. Nothing personal, and the Jack brothers have no need to sell themselves as prospects to anyone given that they’re guaranteed to be picked by the respective teams they manage.

7) Derred de Ville, LB - London Royals LON
User: Exilizer

Exilizer is another new user who’s made a huge impact. Exilizer has maintained and updated the TPE tracker, scraped the sim for DSFL stats and records and made other positive contributions to the league behind the scenes. Exilizer and iStegosauruz put together an expansion bid, and if they weren’t a pair of S22 rookies they might have been successful. The pair of them both project as potential future GMs and Exilizer leads the offseason new create group with 205 TPE at the time of writing.

8) Johnny Hellzapoppin, S, Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB
User: Colabear

Hey, look - it’s another user who contributes to the behind-the-scenes running of the league, this time as the DSFL streamer. GMs pay attention to this stuff. Colabear’s demonstrated his work ethic (and his dulcet Irish accent), and would have more TPE if the average prediction score didn’t round down to 1 TPE so often. Which is your fault, collectively. Cola’s another positive locker room presence who spends his free time rescuing drowning children from lakes and caring for sick puppies at the local animal shelter. 11/10 would draft.

9) Troen Egghands, DE, Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB
User: Troen

Like Tesla, Troen is another new user who has already built up a large bank balance on the back of writing lots of high-quality media content. Troen could afford to buy more than eight million copies of the Bee Movie on Blu-ray, which is about the best use of $59m I can think of. Troen is part of the select group of new creates who surpassed 200 TPE in the last update, and Mr Egghands isn’t the type to find himself in any kind of trouble with another user, his GMs or HO. A slam-dunk pick that has everything you’d want from a rookie, Troen only falls to ninth on my big board because of how deep this class is.

10) Stanisław Koniecpolski, LB, Dallas Birddogs DAL
User: majesiu

majesiu is a sim league vet, and commissioner of the affiliate PBE league. While I’ve never watched even a single down of baseball, I’m sure this will endear majesiu to NSFL GMs. majesiu’s previous player Vladimir Fyodorovich reached 1363 TPE at his peak, and Koniecpolski currently ranks second in the S22 class. majesiu doesn’t have the biggest profile, but his stock will be high among GMs and that’s the more important thing.

11) White Goodman, RB, Dallas Birddogs DAL
User: gucci

GM of the Dallas Birddogs until yesterday, gucci will have scouted most of this draft class and his pre-existing knowledge of and relationships with the class could be useful in an NSFL locker room or war room. His high rate of earning TPE and DSFL GM experience will work in his favour, but gucci could be an awkward fit in some locker rooms after writing an article last offseason that accused Myrtle Beach of tampering. This probably won’t affect his stock on too many draft boards, but as a running back he likely won’t be drafted as high as eleventh regardless.

12) Brandon Booker, CB, Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB
User: Memento Mori

Feels weird to write about myself so I’ll keep this short. One of the four new creates to surpass 200 TPE by the 3/28 update, league job as a media grader, British so I’m very polite, $22m+ in my bank account and this paragraph is adding more to it. GMs pls draft I even don’t hate doing sim testing.

13) Matt "Son of Havoc" Cross, S, Norfolk SeaWolves NOR
User: J0EB

J0EB is a very friendly and wholesome person who I’m sure fits in perfectly with the Norfolk locker room. The fourth of our 200 TPE new create group, his draft stock is just a little lower because he doesn’t sell himself too much around the league. Bank balance could be a little higher but if Matt Cross falls out of the first round I think he’ll be a huge steal.

14) Jeffrey Phillips, TE, Dallas Birddogs DAL
User: DrunkenTeddy

DrunkenTeddy’s recreate is third in the class for TPE, and another member of the Dallas Birddogs’ excellent S21 draft class. Teddy’s previous player was a S1 create who spent his career with the Orange County Otters and I’d expect Jeffrey Phillips to be on his way to Orange County as well. He drops to fourteenth on the basis that after recording some podcasts and creating some graphics earlier in the season, the last thing he submitted was on March 4th. He has a few million left in the bank after buying Tier 6 equipment so perhaps his activity in this regard will pick up again once he needs the cash. Provided it does, he’ll be a great pick.

15) Eddie Jeeta, WR, Kansas City Coyotes KCC
User: QuirkyTurtle

Eddie Jeeta is the best receiver prospect in a stacked defensive draft. A great teammate who’s always quick to praise his fellow Coyotes, a receiver-needy team will draft Jeeta in the first two rounds. I’ve not seen him on discord as much recently, but I gather that’s because he’s spending time in the Kansas City locker room rather than because he’s become less active. QuirkyTurtle is a high earner who has written several media pieces and will probably be able to afford Tier 6 equipment after signing his first NSFL contract.

16) Octavio Clemente, DT, Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB
User: Billybolo53

The fourth defensive lineman in . Myrtle Beach took him in the third round of the DSFL draft, and I’d be surprised to see him fall to round three this time around. Clemente is another big contributor to the positive atmosphere in the Buccaneers locker room and as a high earner at a position of need for many teams he’ll be ranked highly on a lot of NSFL teams’ draft boards. He’s also been pumping out media pieces at a good rate, and is another candidate to purchase Tier 6 equipment as soon as the season rolls over.

17) Benson Bayley Jr., LB, Dallas Birddogs DAL
User: BayleyIsland

Bayley is another sim league vet, and was recently named GM of the Chicago Butchers. I have faith in Bayley to succeed in Chicago, but unfortunately that means we know where Benson Bayley Jr. is being drafted and writing about Bayley as a draft prospect is now much less interesting. Bayley is personable and well-liked, attributes that would endear him to any franchise and will be of great benefit as Chicago attempts to rehabilitate its image around the league. Bayley was late to create, missing out on around four weeks’ worth of TPE compared to the trade deadline creates - but they’ve earned well ever since and Bayley figures to help Chicago on and off the field as the team rebuilds.

18) Deshun Jones, DT, Dallas Birddogs DAL
User: Forty Jordy

Forty Jordy has been really consistently active, which stands out to me. He’s been producing media regularly rather than submitting lots at once and that leads me to think he’s someone who’s particularly dedicated and motivated. There’s five really good defensive line prospects and then quite a drop-off after that, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see all five go very early as teams won’t want to miss out. Deshun Jones is ranked fifth only because he’s got slightly less TPE and the four ahead of him are also really active - I think he’s a very good prospect and he’ll be higher on some draft boards.

19) Eric Barlow, S, Dallas Birddogs DAL
User: Thiath

Thiath is another member of the class who put in an expansion bid, partnering up with BayleyIsland to do so. He’s since reaffirmed his desire to become an NSFL GM in the future, and I expect him to take on a war room role with Dallas or his new NSFL team. Thiath is not one of the highest TPE users remaining, but he’s a user whose activity is trending upwards and that's what NSFL scouts will be looking for from prospects. Thiath is someone I’ve spoken to quite a lot and he’s someone with great work ethic who really cares about long term success. He takes constructive criticism well, is a great addition to any locker room and I hope he’s successful in his quest to become a GM in the league.

20) Buck Thornton, S, Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN
User: FurFurFurson

Drafting Buck Thornton in the first round has been one of the few things that has gone well for the Minnesota Grey Ducks, who finished a disappointing 6-8 after winning twelve regular season games and the Ultimini in S20. FurFurFurson has been among the most active forum users in the S22 draft class, and has recently written a couple of very well-received media articles. His 195 TPE is good for second among safeties, and FFF is a very easygoing person who’ll have no trouble fitting into the locker room of whichever safety-needy team is the one to draft him early. Another player who would have certainly been ranked even higher if they weren’t so humble and sold themselves a little more.

21) Thomas Passmann, WR, Tijuana Luchadores TIJ
User: StamkosFan

StamkosFan was late to recreate, so his 186 TPE is pretty close to the maximum he could’ve earned with Passmann. His off-field antics have somewhat detracted from his impressive on-field production, but the character he’s created is very entertaining and means he’ll always have something to write media articles about - he has a healthy $23m+ residing in his bank account as a result. StamkosFan has been in the league since S12 and a look through his profile suggests he’s active in other sim leagues too. I’ve no idea how Passmann acts in the Tijuana locker room though, because none of my sources are prepared to speak to me about it. Thomas Passmann is a wonderful individual and I am not scared of him.

22) William Lim, WR, Dallas Birddogs DAL
User: yonggarius

It’s hard not to heap praise on Dallas when I’m writing about another Birddog. William Lim is edged out by Passmann due to his history in the league and higher bank balance, making them the third-ranked receiver in my rankings. Lim has developed quickly so far and has the highest TPE of any S22 wide receiver. They’re fairly quiet on discord and my main exposure to William Lim has been reading the media articles yonggarius has authored. If I’d seen more from them I’d be able to rank them higher, but I’m confident regardless that whoever drafts Lim will get an excellent player who looks set to continue to earn TPE at a high rate.

23) Chester "Candy" Sweets, CB, Kansas City Coyotes KCC
User: revuhlution

Rev is another user I’m a big fan of, and I was surprised to see that Chester Sweets only had 182 TPE as of the last update. His podcast is well worth listening to, and he seems to be a very popular character in the Kansas City locker room. He comes across very well over text and on the microphone, and he’s a very likeable guy who’ll take like a coyote duck to water when he’s brought into an NSFL locker room. The few TPE opportunities he’s missed came right at the start of the season, so I’ve no concerns about Sweets’ activity or future earning potential.

24) Cadillac Harris, CB, London Royals LON
User: tractorcito_grande

Perhaps the most impressive thing I can say about Cadillac/tc_grande/Warner/whichever name you prefer is that Dermot seems to actually like him. Another corner in a stacked cornerback draft class, he’s sitting on $27m in cash after writing a ton of media during the last 1.5x bonus period. He’s very active on discord and successfully pulls off the ‘kind of mean, but in a funny way rather than a jerk way’ thing that all the cool kids do. I get all nervous and sweaty whenever he’s around.

25) Andrew Witten, CB, Tijuana Luchadores TIJ
User: mithrandir

The r/NFL recruitment post said that the league needed more defensive players… so, here’s yet another member of the ridiculously stacked cornerback class. mithrandir has written some really high-quality media about the upcoming draft, and Andrew Witten is the second best S22 cornerback who uses Harrison Smith as his render. He has slightly less TPE than the rest of the group but his stock has been rising recently and he has the potential to be drafted higher than, or have a more successful career than, many of the guys ahead of him. Another really great prospect, and his good sense of humour should make him a popular locker room addition.

26) Ben Slothlisberger, QB, Tijuana Luchadores TIJ
User: slothfacekilla

Sloth’s recreate quarterback is sitting at 184 TPE as of the last update, the result of him waiting until after the season had started to announce that New Orleans linebacker Johnny Slothface would be retiring - a decision that has helped New Orleans, but hindered Ben Slothlisberger. Slothface has eclipsed 1000 TPE and while this demonstrates that Sloth is capable of being a high earner, the decision to recreate when he did places a lower cap on his potential TPE ceiling compared to most of the players ranked higher than him. Sloth’s league job as a media grader and his history of creating graphics and writing articles ticks two more boxes, but the impression is that Slothlisberger will be higher on NOLA’s draft board than anyone else’s given his connections with the organisation and the fact that there are other non-GM quarterbacks who’ve earned more TPE.

27) Heath Evans, TE, Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB
User: Feeler

Not to be confused with the former Seattle, Miami, New England and New Orleans fullback, the Buccaneers tight end is a latecomer to the sport having grown up in Melbourne, Australia. Evans is the second-highest TPE player remaining at this point and produced plenty of media and graphics during the 1.5x bonus period last season - should he do so again, he could easily shoot up draft boards. Heath is another player responsible for the great atmosphere in Myrtle Beach and has been an asset behind the scenes as one of the Myrtle Beach players contributing to the sim testing efforts.

28) Thubba Bumper, CB, Norfolk SeaWolves NOR
User: baueranthony9

bauer is another long-time sim league guy but he’s more active in other leagues than in the NSFL. His recreate Thubba Bumper is named as an homage to Colorado Yeti defensive tackle Bubba Thumper, and his ties to the organisation make that his most likely draft destination. The other corners in this class are gaining at a faster rate than Bumper though, and his NSFL wallet isn’t exactly overflowing with cash so bauer could be relying on name value to boost his draft position.

29) Kichwa Jones, RB, Dallas Birddogs DAL
User: howsour

howsour is another user who appears to have become more active over time, something I put a lot of weight into. Running back is a crowded position, though, and with backs like Goodman and Skyline accumulating more TPE Kichwa Jones may have to wait longer to hear his name called than his talent might warrant. If howsour knocks out another 2000+ word article during the bonus period he’ll be able to build up his bank balance and capitalise on his potential. He’ll likely have to spend another season in the DSFL before making his NSFL debut but his 196 TPE ranks third among the 20 S22 running back prospects so he could be a very nice mid-round pickup for a team with an ageing backfield. He takes criticism well and I’d like to see him succeed in the NSFL.

30) Acura Skyline, RB, London Royals LON
User: Skyline

Acura Skyline has earned 199 TPE and was previously ranked higher on my big board, but Skyline’s activity seems to have somewhat waned. Skyline submitted five media articles pre- and post-draft but none since, and their activity on discord has been declining ever since draft day. Their position as twelfth in the class by TPE demonstrates that they’ve still been taking advantage of all the TPE opportunities available to them, but the slight doubts their decreasing activity gives me is enough for me to rank some lower TPE prospects higher than them. That said, it’s very much that I’m moving other prospects up as opposed to actively moving Skyline down and Skyline still projects as a potential star NSFL running back - I wish I had some more positive things to say but I’ve not seen Skyline around often enough. Their bank balance is good though, currently standing at $15m and my few doubts will be alleviated should Skyline take advantage of this season’s bonus period too.

31) Quinn Hughes, S, London Royals LON
User: Isidore94

Quinn Hughes was the star of the Week 1 Dallas v London expansion bowl, returning a Monterey Jack interception for a touchdown and later sacking him for a safety to score eight points on his own. I’ve given him a bit of a hard time because his power rankings methodology seems to really underrate Myrtle Beach - he was quite lukewarm towards us and we finished at the top of the DSFL standings - but it’s obvious he puts a lot of effort into them and I appreciate that. Hughes is a really good prospect and the $21m currently sitting in his bank account won’t go unnoticed by NSFL teams.

32) Wesley Eriksen, S, Norfolk SeaWolves NOR
User: Lightnoir

I was surprised to see that Wesley Eriksen only has 178 TPE as of the last update, as I see Lightnoir around a lot. He’s very active, he writes lots of media articles and I also remember Lightnoir saying nice things about me in his podcast - so he’s a good judge of people as well as a good safety prospect. Looking through his update page it seems like he’s mostly just been unlucky with weekly predictions, which is something it’d be very harsh to criticise him for. As with pretty much everyone in the entire draft class, I’m a fan of his and I’m excited to see what Wesley Eriksen achieves in the NSFL.

33) Eldrick Avery, CB, London Royals LON
User: RansackTheUniverse

Eldrick Avery has earned TPE at a good rate, but he projects similarly to Acura Skyline in that it’s been several weeks since we last saw an article or graphics submission from RansackTheUniverse. He has $5m in his bank account so it’s possible he’ll return to the media game soon in order to fund a new set of Tier 6 equipment, but as someone I’ve not seen on discord or the forums much recently it’s difficult to justify ranking him higher than this in such an impressive draft class.

34) Lawrence Bass, LB, Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN
User: RussDrivesTheBus

Lawrence Bass is a very good prospect who’s perhaps flown a little under-the-radar as a result of playing for a disappointing Grey Ducks team and not being the loudest voice outside of the Minnesota locker room. The draft has two first-round talents at linebacker and Benson Bayley Jr. is locked in as Chicago’s first pick, so some mocks have Bass being taken as high as the second round. Russ is another member of the league who is a great person as well as a great user - a pleasure to talk to and whichever locker room Lawrence Bass finds himself in will be better for it.

35) Tatsu Nakumura, RB, Portland Pythons POR
User: qWest

qWest has already published a huge draft destinations article for the 1.5x media bonus, and has a great platform to build on having already amassed 190+ TPE at the last update. I don’t expect Nakumura to be called up to the NSFL next season given the competition for RB snaps at the NSFL level unless they’re willing to change positions, but as one of the better running backs in this class Tastu Nakumura is on course to make it there in the future. I’ve seen them in the general and rookie discords a fair bit, which is another good sign and something I imagine NSFL GMs have noticed too. I remember qWest managing to elicit some laughs in the rookie discord pre-draft and I’m sure they’re great to have in the Portland locker room.

36) Calvin Golladay, OL, Tijuana Luchadores TIJ
User: CalvinGolladay

“What do we want?” “Fair rubs!” “When do we want it?” “Within a reasonable timeframe given that HO works very hard and has lots of other things that require their attention”

The demands of the fair rub club aren’t very catchy, but they are persuasive. Calvin Golladay is my top-ranked offensive lineman so that I don’t appear biased, inching narrowly ahead of Bruce Buckley on the grounds that Golladay has slightly more TPE and cash to his name. Everyone’s favourite dinosaur has highlighted the benefits that human-controlled offensive linemen can bring to a team, and Golladay is the most enticing of several good offensive line prospects.

37) Bruce Buckley, OL, Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB
User: NicholasTheGreat

When Bruce Buckley’s not allegedly pushing reporters down flights of stairs, he’s provably pushing defensive linemen to the ground. Buckley’s got a bit of a reputation as a bad boy - running into trouble with HO as well as the police. His teammates have nothing but good things to say about him though, and Buckley is a good earner who has written plenty of media articles. There’s a significant gap between Buckley and my third ranked offensive line prospect, so it will be interesting to see which teams are prepared to spend a higher pick in order to take one of the two top OL players.

38) Sandro Ryeu, DE, London Royals LON
User: s4ndrop

Sandro Ryeu is another quieter prospect but their 185 TPE is enough for just outside the top 30 in the class TPE rankings. As they don’t spend a lot of time on discord Sandro is one of the users in this list I’m disappointed to say I don’t know very well, but as a high earner who is flush with cash I feel comfortable placing him inside the top forty.

39) Patrik Money, DE Kansas City Coyotes KCC
User: PMoney

PMoney is another late riser who’s already begun churning out draft pieces for that sweet, sweet money. Patrik Money’s 175 TPE isn’t going to blow anyone away but PMoney’s steadily building up his bank balance and increasing the rate at which he earns TPE. If he keeps up this level of effort he’ll keep rising up draft boards and he’ll earn at a faster rate than many of his peers. They’re not active in the general or rookie discord so I can’t speak for PMoney’s personality or how I’ve seen them interact with other users, but everything I have seen from PMoney has been impressive.

40) Mo "Mamba" Magic, DT, Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN
thevoicelesscreator

thevoicelesscreator has written several media pieces using their Mike Magic persona and they’ve already managed to secure a league job as a banker. I’m hearing that more is in the pipeline and while his exposés on the Chicago situation boosted his journalistic profile his eagerness to break the story has rubbed some NSFL GMs the wrong way and hurt his draft stock in their eyes. A team willing to look past this or prepared to risk their locker room becoming the centre of attention will get a really good player for very good draft value.

41) Michael Witheblock, WR, Kansas City Coyotes KCC
User: sakrosankt

Michael Witheblock is Eddie Jeeta’s sidekick in Kansas City and another user who allowed many of his peers to creep past him with regards to TPE, bank balance and overall activity. Witheblock is still a very good prospect though, and 191 TPE as of 3/28 is nothing to scoff at. They’re not someone I see in discord too often but given the positive things I’ve heard about the Kansas City locker room I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it’s because he’s active in there instead. If he makes use of the 1.5x bonus media period as he did last season, his stock will begin to rise again along with his TPE. Earning enough money to buy some equipment early on would be a great way to alleviate any concerns about Witheblock’s future earning potential.

42) Zamir Kehla, CB, Portland Pythons POR
User: retrospace111

Zamir Kehla has branded himself as “everyone’s favourite loud-mouthed cornerback”, but the reviews from NSFL GMs and scouts haven’t been quite as complimentary. Reports from the Portland Pythons locker room say that Kehla is a great teammate and that some of less “charming” qualities are an attempt to wind up opponents in order to create a competitive advantage, but this hasn’t stopped some NSFL scouts reportedly advocating that Kehla not be present at all on their team’s draft board. Kehla is a high earner and has impressed with his on-field production, so it may be the case that Zamir Kehla is the kind of person you’d love to have on your team but hate to see squaring up to you, à la Luis Suárez or a rabid dog. Zamir’s talent far exceeds this ranking position but it’s really hard to ignore what NSFL war room members have been saying, and that’s who Kehla needs to impress in order to be drafted high.

43) Susan Cash.Jr, WR, London Royals LON
User: 2Burkeulosis

2Burkeulosis is a regular contributor to the NSFL Media section, writing a week-by-week account of the London Royals season in addition to their other media pieces. Susan Cash.Jr’s 177 TPE doesn’t threaten the four receivers ranked ahead of him but there are more than four teams looking to add a receiver in the draft. I’d wager that Cash will have to spend another season in the DSFL before they’re considered ready for NSFL action but Cash is far-and-away the best of the remaining receiver prospects. Given the relative lack of offensive talent compared to the defensive side of the ball I could see Cash being drafted earlier than this by a receiver-needy team. They’re an active user who has come across well in all of my interactions with them and their efforts writing media should make them another player who’ll be able to upgrade to Tier 6 equipment immediately at the start of the new league year.

44) Daniel George, TE, Portland Pythons POR
User: dk87gaming

Daniel George is a player I was very high on heading into the DSFL draft. He works in the emergency services and unsurprisingly given the state of the world at the moment, this has him pretty busy and limits how much time he’s been spending in the league recently. He’s a really nice person and a pleasure to have in the S22 class so I’m looking forward to hopefully seeing him return to his pre-DSFL draft levels of earning and activity once that’s possible. A steal if he continues to fall.

45) Tom Sofa, QB, Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB
User: NamelessNate

NamelessNate is, to my knowledge, the only user to have been drafted both first and last in the DSFL draft. His linebacker Allen Josh was drafted with the first overall pick back in S14 and he quietly returned to the league when he recreated as Tim Couch Tom Sofa. Mr Irrelevant has been anything but quiet since draft day, though. Sofa became famous on the back of being the first player in the league to test positive for COVID-36, and the start of the DSFL season was delayed as a result. Sofa was eventually cleared by medical professionals and threw for a single touchdown pass during the regular season, taking limited snaps in relief of starting quarterback Chris Ramos following his return from illness. With most NSFL teams in possession of both a starting quarterback and a talented young backup, Tom Sofa will have to bide his time for an NSFL opportunity.

46) Jim Waters, QB, Tijuana Luchadores TIJ
User: siddhus

Jim Waters fell all the way to the 180th pick in the DSFL draft, with GMs citing their concerns regarding the surprise retirement announcement from running back Siddhu Sarvepally, which led to siddhus’ recreating as Jim Waters. Though he was drafted 176 picks after fellow Tijuana quarterback Ben Slothlisberger, he’s overtaken Sloth in TPE and split time with Slothlisberger in a two QB system. siddhus still has some work to do in convincing NSFL GMs to have faith in him, but this past DSFL season has greatly increased his draft stock and he won’t fall to the 180th pick this time around.

47) Fawn Dilmaballs, LB, Kansas City Coyotes KCC
User: enforcer

Fawn Dilmaballs bears a striking resemblance to Booger McFarland and was selected with the 69th overall pick in the S21 DSFL draft. The Kansas City linebacker looks unlikely to follow his predecessor Dixon Uraz in being taken 69th in both the DSFL and NSFL draft though, as Dilmaballs has emerged as a notable prospect who I think deserves to be drafted before that pick is made. enforcer is another user who has become more active as time has passed - in the last couple of weeks he’s even written some media pieces and could be a late mover up draft boards if he takes advantage of the 1.5x media bonus.

48) Big Edd, DT, Dallas Birddogs DAL
User: Big Edd

Big Edd appeared to ruffle some feathers after requesting a trade in Week 7 of the DSFL season. Big Edd was reportedly hoping to be traded to an Ultimini contender, with his heart particularly set on joining the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers, but the interest appears to have been one-sided. A move never materialised, and thankfully for everyone involved Edd was able to repair his relationship with the Dallas coaching staff. They say all publicity is good publicity, but whether Big Edd takes a tumble on draft day may rest on how NSFL scouts interpret the fact that the defensive tackle was reportedly ready to quit on his DSFL team after just six games. Edd is a promising player though, and he has the self-belief that all successful athletes need to have - in his recent mock draft he mocked himself being taken at first, second and third overall as part of the second boldest mock draft I’ve read.

49) Matthew McDairmid, K/P, Kansas City Coyotes
User: Matty7478

Kickers are people too! Kansas City were the sole DSFL team with a designated kicker and a designated punter rather than a player who performed both roles - with McDairmid on punting duties and Lefty Louis on field goals and extra points. McDairmid has earned 176 TPE and I’ve even seen him in the NSFL discord general chat. I’m yet to see him in a single mock draft - not even tMuse and Highhaschdi’s eight round mock - and I’m honestly ashamed of the community for demonstrating what is clearly prejudice. Kickers and punters are just as deserving of our love and respect, and there’s no better advocate for the position in this draft class than Matthew McDairmid. Also: HO, when are we going to be allowed to create long snappers?

50) LiterallyJust A. Hexagon, S, Tijuana Luchadores TIJ
User: JPach

JPach has been one of the feel-good stories of the second half of the DSFL season. JPach wasn’t very active early on in his career, and so the lone hexagon in the DSFL draft fell to pick 100. His activity has stepped up massively in the last few weeks though, and LiterallyJust A. Hexagon has started to close the TPE gap on many of his peers. JPach is a very friendly and well-liked user, and while they’ll probably have to spend another season developing in the DSFL Hexagon looks likely to emerge as a draft day steal when the six-sided safety is inevitably passed over by some teams in favour of less active players with slightly higher TPE. My only criticism is that although Hexagon was able to accumulate six missed tackles in the DSFL this season, the rest of their stat line reads 103 tackles, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, 3 interceptions, 5 passes defended and one defensive touchdown. None of those other numbers are six, or even divisible by six. Disappointing.

*Brandon Booker's Big Big Board - mithrandir - 04-03-2020

Very well researched and well written. I can't argue with any of it. Thanks for listing my player so high and complimenting my sense of humor!

(04-04-2020, 02:50 AM)mithrandir Wrote:Very well researched and well written. I can't argue with any of it. Thanks for listing my player so high and complimenting my sense of humor!
Much appreciated! Was an easy to decision to put you high up after the content you've produced recently.

*Brandon Booker's Big Big Board - Big Edd - 04-03-2020

Very interesting Mr.Mori

(04-04-2020, 03:21 AM)Big Edd Wrote:Very interesting Mr.Mori
thank mr snorlax

*Brandon Booker's Big Big Board - Thor - 04-03-2020

I've got money for T6 equipment next season once my graphics grading goes through. Iprobably will do some media/graphics during this 1.5x period, just waiting to finish moving house and to get my computer all set up again!

Appreciate the shout out big dog.

(04-04-2020, 03:40 AM)Feeler Wrote:I've got money for T6 equipment next season once my graphics grading goes through. Iprobably will do some media/graphics during this 1.5x period, just waiting to finish moving house and to get my computer all set up again!

Appreciate the shout out big dog.
That's what I like to hear! Know you've been busy with moving and coming back from Canada, definitely wasn't a criticism.

*Brandon Booker's Big Big Board - mithrandir - 04-03-2020

Went back and read the whole thing and really enjoyed it. So many funny little comments snuck in, like the second boldest mock draft you've read. By the way, baseball doesn't have "downs."

*Brandon Booker's Big Big Board - furiousPanda - 04-03-2020

okay okay, I see you

*Brandon Booker's Big Big Board - iStegosauruz - 04-03-2020

Love the piece man - still reading so I might edit this.

Thanks for the kind words. You're right in a sense - there are some pieces I'm working on that I haven't released and some findings that I'm holding to give to whatever team drafts me. When I decide what to post or what to study there is a crossover between things that are helpful for the league/my team and things that are interesting to read about. When I choose to write an article I pick the things I've done that have the best mixture of those two attributes. So yes, there's plenty behind the scenes that hasn't made it out yet - I'm either waiting to help my future team with it, finishing up the work on it, or not sure how to phrase it all yet to be digestible. That's the case with things like my ELO rankings - I've gotten a rough system in place but its a pain to calculate and I'm not sure how to write it up yet.

That all being said I'm a big fan of open sourcing everything - all of my data for anything I've written is public - so everything of impact should hit the boards at some point.