International Simulation Football League
*Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=20766)

Pages: 1 2

*Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions - Lightnoir - 04-03-2020

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]As a DSFL Awards Committee member I've done a good deal of research putting together my nominations for consideration. I'll go ahead and say here that if my predicted winners have you scratching your head it might just be that I have them winning another category (like MVP for example) so I decided to spread the honors out a bit more.

DISCLAIMER: These are not leaks. These nominations do not reflect the committee's final selections; they are purely my personal opinions.

First off, defensive positional awards:

Defensive Back of the Year Nominations

Zamir Kehla (POR, CB) - 37 tkls, 5 INT, 10 PD
I may have my own opinions on his off-the-field persona, but his play speaks for itself. Leads the league with 5 INTs. He also has 10 PDs and a rare blocked punt.

Buck Thornton (MIN, S) - 64 tkls, 3 FF, 1 FR, 6 Sck, 2 INT, 2 PD, 1 TD
I go over Thornton later in my ROTY noms. Suffice to say he's been very consistent and has set himself apart.

Atlas Quin (NOR, CB) - 58 tkls, 1 FF, 3 INT, 19 PD, 1 TD
Quin has just been great all season. Never too flashy, but his 19 PDs are incredible to me. He also has 3 INTs, one of which he returned for a TD.

Chester Sweets (KC, CB) - 54 tkls, 2 INT, 16 PD
Very consistent all season. Doesn't quite have the sheer numbers of some others I'm nominating, but the fact his team has locked a first seed in the playoffs boosts his stock a bit for me.

SLIGHT DARKHORSE
Brandon Booker (MB, CB) - 61 tkls, 1 FF, 2 INT, 11 PD
Similar situation to Sweets except a little more modest stats. I think Memento Mori brings a lot to the league; he's a guy I really respect and I definitely think deserves credit.
Predicted Winner: Atlas Quin

Linebacker of the Year Nominations

Derred De Ville (LDN) - 147 tkls, 1 TFL, 2 FF, 2 FR, 9 Sck, 1 INT, 8 PD
De Ville has been an absolute monster this season. He's got stats in all sorts of categories and has been as complete of a player as anyone could ask for.

Gregor MacGregor (POR) - 161 tkls, 2 TFL, 1 Sck, 2 INT, 2 PD, 1 TD, 1 Blk P
Extremely impressive all-around stats and the league leader in tackles. Didn't get to the QB as much as one might want, but he stopped anyone who came to the middle of the field. And you always love to see a defensive touchdown on the resume.

Stanislaw Koniecpolski (DAL) - 140 tkls, 2 TFL, 1 FF, 1 Sck, 1 INT, 3 PD
Stanislaw had an incredible rookie season, getting a little bit of everything for his team. His pedigree also ensures he'll have a very successful career, making him a very justifiable pick.

Benson Bayley Jr. (DAL) - 99 tkls, 3 TFL, 10 Sck, 12 PD, 1 Sfty
Guys I gotta be honest. I love pass deflections. Bayley also stopped the play in the backfield 11 times, 3 TFLs, 7 Sacks, and that sweet elusive safety.
Predicted winner: Gregor MacGregor

Defensive Lineperson Nominations

Dorfus Jimbo Jr. (NOR, DE) - 53 tkls, 23 TFL, 1 FF, 9 Sck
He's the joint leader in TFL and edges out his competition with, another league high, 9 sacks. What else could you even ask for?

Logan Noble Jr. (POR, DE) - 57 tkls, 24 TFL, 1 FR, 9 Sck
Not too dissimilar numbers, I really don't have much I can elaborate on this position so I'm probably just not going to commentate much.

Matt Hole (MINN, DE) - 53 tkls, 24 TFL, 2 FF, 1 Sck
I was worried this guy was IA for a second. Also 2 FF is a thumbs up.

Troen Egghands (MB, DE) - 36 tkls, 18 TFL, 6 Sck, 1 Sfty
Troen has a safety so that makes him special.

Chip Otle (KC, DE) - 45 tkls, 25 TFL, 4 Sck

Predicted winner: Logan Noble Jr.

As an aside, I find it hard to be particularly subjective about Defensive linemen. This is a sim, so in a large way stats (and team success) are all we've got. For linebackers that can mean a lot of different things, some specialize in coverage, some in blitzing, etc. but for linemen it's pretty much all the same. There's only one real standard to judge them by, and for that reason, the Juniors Jimbo and Logan stand head and shoulders above just about everyone else.
Anyway, let's move on to offense.

Running Back of the Year Nominations

Acura Skyline (LDN, RB) - 349 att, 1761 yds, 5 ypc, 10 TDs; 10 rec, 79 yds
This player is basically ridiculous. Far more yards than the next guy in line and 10 catches is just nice on top of it. London struggled, but Skyline kept their heads above water in multiple games.

Dax Frost (MB, RB) - 327 att, 1592 yds, 4.9 ypc, 12 TDs; 5 rec, 38 yds, 1 TD
Great experienced back. His team leaned on him and it paid off over and over. His 13 TDs (and another on special teams) is very very good and makes the final decision that much harder.

Flash Panda (NOR, RB) - 237 att, 1223 yds, 5.2 ypc, 8 TDs; 13 rec, 74 yds
very similar to Dax in many ways. Decent special teams performance puts him above a lot of other backs. He has the best ypc of any back over 200 touches as well. I obviously love this guy, but that's irrelevant.

Tatsu Nakamura (POR, RB) - 265 att, 1256 yds, 4.7 ypc, 10 TDs; 5 rec, 23 yds
Nakamura has great production, he's fourth in rushing yardage and has 7 TDs. He deserves a nomination, but I do think he lags behind the other guys.

Predicted winner: Dax Frost

Quarterback of the Year Nominations

Chika Fujiwara (KC) - 188/319 Comp, 58.9%, 2043 yds, 10:5, 81.8 QBR; 137 rush yds, 1 rush TD
Easy frontrunner, their 58.9% comp pct leads all passers with over 100 passes and their yardage is second behind O'Donnell (Which I'll go ahead and say their 16 INTs is the reason they aren't here).

Luke Skywalker (NOR) - 148/268 Comp, 55.2%, 1364 yds, 12:7, 73.4 QBR; 40 rush yds
(tied for) most TDs but playing in a committee hurts his chances. 7 INTs isn't too many either. His yardage is 6th though, and as Shania Twain says, 'that don't impress-a me much'

Chris Ramos (MB) - 158/323 Comp, 48.9%, 1703 yds, 12:10, 64.3 QBR
Ramos has played competently and not caused problems for his team, which is mostly all you can ask for from a DSFL QB. MB's success this season elevates him slightly.

Ben Slothlisberger (TIJ) - 120/226 Comp, 53.1%, 1222 yds, 4:4, 67.4 QBR; -1 rushing yds (not that I value that one way or another, just being consistent with my formatting)
His 4:4 ratio isn't world beating, but low INTs are a plus in DSFL and a 53.1% comp pct is solid

Monty Jack (DAL) - 148/303 Comp, 48.8%, 1553 yds, 12:9, 65 QBR; -38 rush yds
Jack did well considering what he was given this year. 11:8 isn't incredible, but it's solidly good. His comp pct hurts though and the fact he tried to scramble 29 times with laughable results is pretty bad too.

Predicted winner: Luke Skywalker

Wide Receiver of the Year Nominations

Raheem Okusi (POR) - 66 rec, 894 yds, 13.5 ypc, 6 TDs
Leads the league in catches, yards, and has 6 TDs. This one is kind of a no brainer imo

Thomas Passman (TIJ, WR) - 64 rec, 831 yds, 13 ypc, 3 TDs
Leads rookie wideouts in yards and catches, he's been instrumental in moving tijuana down the field. He lacks touchdowns, however.

Eddie Jeeta (KC) - 59 rec, 769 yds, 13 ypc, 5 TDs
Another brilliant rookie and the final of the three absolute standout WRs. His odds of taking his team to an Ultimini are quite good.

Cream of the crop receivers are pretty thin in the DSFL so I only put up 3 nominees for this one.

predicted winner: Raheem Okusi

Tight End of the Year Nominations

Reynaud Haugland (NOR) - 50 rec, 594 yds, 11.9 ypc, 7 TDs
Leads all receivers in TD recs (7) and leads TEs in rec yds He also had 11 pancakes and allowed 0 sacks if that matters. He's listed as a FB but I know the truth.

Heath Evans (MB) - 37 rec, 491 yds, 13.3 ypc, 2 TDs
The only other TE to put up over 400 yds and his 12.6 ypc is very very impressive. He also had 27 pancakes, but he allowed 1 sack.

James Lewandowski (NOR) - 47 rec, 387 yds, 8.2 ypc, 2 TDs
Lewandowski has been instrumental to Norfolk's passing game, but 2 TD and 387 yds probably isn't enough.

Predicted winner: Reynaud Haugland

That's it for the offensive awards, now let's move on to our Special Teams nominees

Kicker of the Year Nominations

Kal Solarin (MB) - 32/33 XPs is great, 23/29 FGs is most made among active kickers

Sam Sidekick (NOR) - a perfect 40/40 XPs but the lack of FGs hurts him greatly, only 13/17.

Dark Horses

Seth Lindsey (LDN) - 21/22 XPs and 21/28 FGs. That's a kicker right there boys.

Jacob Small (TIJ) - 33/36 XPs, but 17/21 FGs

Predicted winner: Kal Solarin (although Sidekick deserves it, Norfolk Best Folk)

Punter of the Year Nominations

It's the category you've all been waiting for, presented with basically no commentary, because it's punting.

Seth Linsey (LDN) - 4086 yds, 43.5 avg, 13 inside 20, long of 61
Sam Sidekick (NOR) - 3911 yds, 43 avg, 8 inside 20, long of 59
Jacob Small (TIJ) - 3776 yds, 42 avg, 10 inside 20, long of 61
Kal Solarin (MB) - 2921 yds, 41.7 avg, 6 inside 20, long of 64

Yeah, punting. If anyone is wondering, basically all the rest of the kickers are IA or bots, so here we are.

Predicted Winner: Seth Linsey

Returner of the Year Nominations

Flash Panda (NOR) - 551 KR yds, 18.4 avg, 379 PR yds, 14.6 avg, 2 PR TDs
Panda's two return TDs puts him in a league of his own for me, he unsurprisingly has the highest PR avg yardage as well.
Kichwa Jones (DAL) - 549 KR yds, 16.6 avg, 389 PR yds, 9.7 avg, 1 PR TD
Barely ekes out Panda's overall yardage, but lower averages and 1 TD (which is still fantastic, mind you).
Baby Yoda (MINN) - 529 KR yds, 16 avg, 370 PR yds, 10.3 avh, 1 PR TD
Another RB who excels at returns. Also had the longest punt return at 79 yards
Thubba Bumper (NOR) - 620 KR yds, 20.7 avg, 42 PR yds, 8.4 avg
Bumper took a kickoff from endzone to endzone in week 13 (99 yds) and has a great avg return, the only issue is that Panda ate all his punt returns.
Dax Frost (MB) - 467 KR yds, 15.6 avg, 388 PR yds, 9.9 avg, 1 TD
Similar production as the other second year backs, just got a bit less lucky with his returns.
Predicted Winner: Flash Panda
Now for the two rookie of the year categories. These were incredibly difficult considering the amount of talented rookies in this class, so please understand I had to make some arbitrary decisions at some points.

Offensive Rookie of the Year Nominations

Thomas Passman (TIJ, WR) - 64 rec, 831 yds, 13 ypc, 3 TDs

Luke Skywalker (NOR, QB) - 148/268 Comp, 55.2%, 1364 yds, 12:7, 73.4 QBR; 40 rush yds

Ben Slothlisberger (TIJ, QB) - 120/226 Comp, 53.1%, 1222 yds, 4:4, 67.4 QBR; -1 rushing yds

Tatsu Nakamura (POR, RB) - 265 att, 1256 yds, 4.7 ypc, 10 TDs; 5 rec, 23 yds

Predicted Winner: Acura Skyline

Defensive Rookie of the Year Nominations

Derred De Ville (LDN, LB) - 147 tkls, 1 TFL, 2 FF, 2 FR, 9 Sck, 1 INT, 8 PD

Stanislaw Koniecpolski (DAL, LB) - 140 tkls, 2 TFL, 1 FF, 1 Sck, 1 INT, 3 PD

Troen Egghands (MB, DE) - 36 tkls, 18 TFL, 6 Sck, 1 Sfty

Predicted Winner: Buck Thornton

And finally the awards of highest distinction: Our players of the year, GMs of the year, Performance of the year, and of course, MVP.

Defensive Player of the Year Nominations

Gregor Macgregor (POR) - 161 tkls, 2 TFL, 1 Sck, 2 INT, 2 PD, 1 TD, 1 Blk P

Predicted winner: Derred De Ville

Offensive Player of the Year Nominations

Chika Fujiwara (KC) - 188/319 Comp, 58.9%, 2043 yds, 10:5, 81.8 QBR; 137 rush yds, 1 rush TD

Raheem Okusi (POR) - 66 rec, 894 yds, 13.5 ypc, 6 TDs

Luke Skywalker (NOR) - 148/268 Comp, 55.2%, 1364 yds, 12:7, 73.4 QBR; 40 rush yds

Predicted Winner: Dax Frost

Performance of the Year Nominations

Luke Skywalker, Week 4 vs. MINN - 11/15, 73.3%, 97 yds, 3 TDs, 129.7 QBR
Although volume is low Skywalker was highly efficient and put up one of the two 3 TD games of the season, leading his team to a 42-10 win.

Gregor MacGregor, Week 17 vs. LDN - 14 tkls, 1 PD, 1 INT, 1 TD
MacGregor seemed like just about the only guy on defense in this monster 14 tkl game that saw him take a pick to the house as he led his team to win, 27-10

Acura Skyline, Week 2 vs. TIJ - 32 att, 176 yds, 5.5 ypc, 1 TD
Skyline was the only bright spot as he set the season rushing record in this 7-40 loss.

Quinn Hughes, Week 1 vs. DAL - 3 tkls, 2 Sck, 1 PD, 1 INT, 1 TD, 1 Sfty
If Hughes had gotten a TFL he could've called bingo, but he'll have to settle for everything else on the sheet in this 34-7 win.

Acura Skyline, Week 6 vs. MINN - 20 att, 133 yds, 6.6 ypc, 2 TD
A spectacular ypc helps this performance standout, but it's a 74 yd TD rush in OT that makes this the most memorable performance I saw all year. London wins it 27-21

Predicted Winner: Acura Skyline, Week 6. This walkoff TD was sick. It was the most hype I got watching not Norfolk all season. The other performances I combed through the index to find, but this one I sought out specifically because I remembered it.

MVP Nominations

total beast, best RB in the class. The only thing that hurts his chances is his teams mediocre record. One could argue it would be much worse without him, but it's hard to be the MVP and miss the playoffs.

Best QB in the league. Period. Has led their team to a home field playoff berth. I feel like Fujiwara is such a lock I don't need to say much more.

Has 12 rushing TDs (1 rec TD) and high yardage. He was also effective in the return game, adding another TD on a punt return, even if his return yardage is average. Like Fujiwara, team success elevates him.

Again, De Ville is a manimal. Fantastic production, if marred because of his team's lack of success.

Super Dark Horse Nominee

Predicted Winner: Chika Fujiwara

GM of the Year Nominations

This is honestly the only category I feel completely unable to fill alone, because I just have not had enough contact with other team's GMs to know how I feel about them. As such I'm going to present this category without commentary because I feel like it would be unfair to the actual people behind these usernames to act like I know their character without giving them the time of day.

Gucci
Juniped
CLG Rampage
Frostbite
ScorpXCracker

Predicted Winner: Juniped

Quote:2836 words
[/div]

*Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions - Lightnoir - 04-03-2020

Sorry to double post basically, but it was brought to my attention GM of the Year goes to a pair. I'm just saying this so that a bunch of people don't tell me that haha. Also since I started working on this before weeks 13 and 14 some stats or comments might just be incorrect and they escaped my edits.

*Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions - mithrandir - 04-03-2020

Magnus Valdyr's two pick six game deserves a nomination for performance of the year

*Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions - mithrandir - 04-03-2020

Magnus Valdyr's two pick six game deserves a nomination for performance of the year

*Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions - Big Edd - 04-04-2020

No love for the DT’s smh

*Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions - retrospace111 - 04-04-2020

Atlas Quin over me for DBotY? I would rather have 2 more ints than 9 more PDs, but that’s just me ????

*Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions - ScorpXCracker - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 07:10 AM)retrospace111 Wrote:Atlas Quin over me for DBotY? I would rather have 2 more ints than 9 more PDs, but that’s just me ????
9 more PDs and a touchdown

*Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions - qWest - 04-04-2020

Expansion GMs all did a great job this year and could definitely be put up their in the GMs of the Year award, but I do think that KanakoTheSquirrel and AirCrou deserve the award in the end for bringing around a 3 win team straight to the playoffs the next season!
POR POR POR POR POR POR POR POR

*Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions - Memento Mori - 04-04-2020

Appreciate the DBotY mention but I haven't even been the best Buccaneers defensive back. Rotticus Scott and Johnny Hellzapoppin are both far more deserving.

*Lightnoir's DSFL Awards Predictions - Symmetrik - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 08:10 AM)retrospace111 Wrote:Atlas Quin over me for DBotY? I would rather have 2 more ints than 9 more PDs, but that’s just me ????

Technically, since getting 1 INT also gets you 1 PD, the difference is really more like 11 PDs.
5 INTs and 5 PDs vs 3 INTs and 16 PDs.