International Simulation Football League
*Byron Dolls Draft Destinations - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Byron Dolls Draft Destinations (/showthread.php?tid=20785)

*Byron Dolls Draft Destinations - Symmetrik - 04-04-2020

Last time I did a destinations ranking article, it was when I was set to be drafted in the PBE. I went to my #1 team there, and ended up working up from a mid 2nd round pick to 4th overall. The time before that was free agency rankings - as a easy money source, I wasn't actually going to leave, just something to talk about - and they had to make a new rule about offering contracts in public to players already under contract is tampering. Yes, for those familiar, that was my destination thread where clardy offered a contract. Before that, in SHL, a draft destinations article led to the team at the bottom not being very happy, and whether intentional or not, they basically didn't acknowledge a trade offer from a team that was trying to trade up for me. I went at the next pick and ended up playing my entire HoF career there.

So anyway, let's hope this one is more like the PBE rankings. My name is Byron Dolls and I want to be drafted 4th overall. #FAIRRUBS

Since I really don't think I could do this in a straight 1-12 ranking, I don't think I could differentiate a bunch of the teams, I'll be doing this as tiers. That's never gets as much talk, I don't think though.

Bottom Tier

Arizona Outlaws
[Image: hagb6L3.png]

Not that the Outlaws have any respect for fair rubs anyway, but as long as the Outlaws still hold the first 3 championships in league history, I want no part of it. For 3 seasons the Outlaws destroyed the integrity of the league and ruined competition in the ASFC by cheating.

Chicago Butchers
[Image: iVFr4uc.png]

This team is a shit show, and the war room's antics to keep a team that people obviously don't like, in a shit location has earned the 0 respect from me. It was a disgrace to the league's process and Tim was totally fucked over. I want no part of the people who would do that.

Expansion Tier

Sarasota Sailfish
[Image: SARbanner.png]

Honestly, I don't really have much to say about the expansion teams as is. Sarasota hasn't shown any interest in handing out fair rubs either, so. I don't think I've ever talked to Frostbite, and though I was teammates with RD back in SJS, that was a long time ago (over 2 years at this point probably), and I don't remember him being that active. And he did go IA a bunch since then.

Honolulu Hahalua
[Image: HONbanner.png]

Honestly Hawaii is a pretty sweet place, and I'm happy a league finally went for it and put a team on the island. Raven & Dwyer are good people, though I do wonder what the LR would be, if it would just be a lot of memeing and anime shit. The brand is a littler weird to me, I feel like there could have been a better name/colour/logo. Hahalua is a little bit of a mouthful, and I can never not see that manta having a mustache and that bothers me. The blue & yellow could be a good combination but I feel like it just needs a tweaking on the shades.

Middle Tier

Baltimore Hawks
[Image: ZEuDUWh.png]

The Hawks are a good spot I think. This middle tier is a lot of teams I would play for, but I just don't really have much to say about. It's going to be mostly teams that have talked to me already and I think it's a good fit. The question mark for me is definitely their QB situation since Raven is leaving in expansion. I don't know who I would be protecting.

Austin Copperheads
[Image: zNkQ0Gf.png]

Austin is a good team, I think it would be fun to play there. Joe is a great GM I'm sure and it would be fantastic to play for him. I'm sure he's a good GM even though when I asked him a long time ago to be my co-GM he said no. Austin is a great location though, love the choice.

Yellowknife Wraiths
[Image: dJKYUhw.png]

I played the end of my last career in Yellowknife, it was cool. Shady and FEF are cool, I was teammates with FEF briefly in PBE, and shady makes fucking outstanding graphics and that's why I made him our graphics head in PBE.

New Orleans Second Line
[Image: IY7NW3K.png]

New Orleans has mad respect for the fair rubs, and the only reason they aren't in the top tier is that because of that respect, there's not really a good spot for me to play. They've already got 2 great tackles who I don't believe are close to being replaced. JuOsu I think would be a great GM to play for as well, if she's as good with DDSPF as she is with OOTP.

San Jose Sabercats
[Image: YTe2q5A.png]

The saving grace for the Sabercats is that I spent Shane Weston's entire career with the team. I don't think they have any interest in fair rubs, though I played for ck back in the day when Weston was still around. I would always accept going back.

Philadelphia Liberty
[Image: aYEmbEm.png]

They are the team that drafted my last player. I don't know much about them anymore but I have to give mad respect to TubbyTim for recreating as a GM offensive lineman. That's a hero right there.

Top Tier

Orange County Otters
[Image: 8kqUlpH.png]

The cool people level of this team is at an exceptional level. Laser is an outstanding GM, and that is why I wanted him to be a GM of an expansion team in PBE. I don't put this team here because of the dynasty, to be honest I usually hate dynasty teams like that. But there's just so many great people there. Laser, Babs, Teyon, moon, spec, Lemon. I could go on. Spec makes fucking amazing graphics.

Colorado Yeti
[Image: fWU19kH.png]

The Yeti are interesting, I almost put them in the middle tier, as I was kind of flipping around on where exactly I wanted to put teams, and how many would make it into the top tier. Once again the difference maker here is an exceptional level of good people. Frick, infinite, steele, westfield, run, woelker. I could keep going. There's great people on every team but these 2 teams have such a great collection of people.

And you know what? I said I wouldn't do it, but fuck it:
1 - OCO
2 - COL
3 - AUS
4 - NOLA
5 - SJS
6 - PHI
7 - BAL
8 - YKW
9 - HON
10 - SAR
11 - ARI
12 - CHI

If you have any questions or complaints please direct them to my Press Conference

Code:
1086 words

*Byron Dolls Draft Destinations - scorycory - 04-04-2020

Dat OCO hype
OCO OCO OCO OCO

*Byron Dolls Draft Destinations - BRNXB0MBERS - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 01:29 PM)Symmetrik Wrote:I want to be drafted 4th overall
(04-04-2020, 01:29 PM)Symmetrik Wrote:I want no part of [the Outlaws]

*Byron Dolls Draft Destinations - Frostbite - 04-04-2020

Quote:Sarasota hasn't shown any interest in handing out fair rubs either

Im MB GM and we have 3 200+ TPE OL. Sad

*Byron Dolls Draft Destinations - Symmetrik - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 02:54 PM)Frostbite Wrote:Im MB GM and we have 3 200+ TPE OL. Sad

Sorry, as I said I don't think we've ever had a conversation, and in talking to other OL I don't think anyone had said they'd been scouted by Sarasota.

*Byron Dolls Draft Destinations - scorycory - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 11:01 AM)Symmetrik Wrote:Sorry, as I said I don't think we've ever had a conversation, and in talking to other OL I don't think anyone had said they'd been scouted by Sarasota.

Frost is just the figurehead behind MB anyway, I'm the real OL supporter

*Byron Dolls Draft Destinations - Frostbite - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 02:26 PM)scorycory Wrote:Frost is just the figurehead behind MB anyway, I'm the real OL supporter

:thinking:

*Byron Dolls Draft Destinations - Benthicc_Biomancer - 04-04-2020

(04-05-2020, 06:29 AM)Symmetrik Wrote:I can never not see that manta having a mustache and that bothers me

What's wrong with mustachioed sea-life??