International Simulation Football League
Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats (/showthread.php?tid=2079)

Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats - 7hawk77 - 07-12-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Why QB's should be begging to start for the Sabercats.[/div]

So as many of you know, the Sabercats have been having some issues at quarterback.
Unfortunately their first QB went inactive and then after trading for another, Ethan Hunt decided to go shoot himself in the foot due to lack of brain cells.

Point 1.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]The Sabercats have a good offensive line... Like really good.
[/div]
I'm not going to lie and say we have the best offensive line. According to the following article here: http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=...indpost&p=25956 We solidly have at least the 2nd best line and there is a huge gap between the top 2 and everyone else. Note that we took first in this article because of our 5th man bot performing well. That's not something we can count on in the future so I'll safely say we have the second best line. However, depending on what happens with this draft, we could end up with the best offensive line.
Now why should a quarterback care about a strong offensive line? I'll give you a few reasons. How about defensive end Adamle Tomlinson getting 5 sacks during week 7. How about Dan Miller getting 4 sacks during week 2. Still not convinced? Go take a look at Jayce Tuck during week 6 where he picks up 2 sacks and a safety.

The defensive lines have been putting in some work and unless you want to be permanently in the concussion protocol, you might want to find a good offensive line... and buy them steak dinners.

Point 2.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]We have an all-star wide receiver.
[/div]

Seriously, go back and look at some of Bailey Cook's game tape. I'll wait........too lazy to load it up? Fine I'll spell it our for you.

Week 9 he had over 100 yards and two touchdowns. He ended with the third most receiving yards out of all wide receivers. Admittedly, he didn't find the end zone as much as some other wide receivers, but with the anemic offense due to our quarterback woes, this was to be expected. Now imagine what he could do if he had someone like Noble throwing to him? The interesting thing about Bailey Cook is he's not as fast as a lot of the other receivers in the league. He's just super talented at creating space by faking out his opponents and always coming down with the ball due to his insane athletic ability, and catch radius.

Now Bailey Cook is obviously our top guy with that kind of talent, but it's not like he is our only wide receiver. We also utilize Shane Weston as our burner. He's lightning quick to spread the defense thin and does an amazing job with kick and punt returns.

You would also have a great safety valve. Break Bottles (Our tight end) was often our short yardage 1st down guy. We generally aren't depending on him for massive yardage plays, but there were plenty of times this season where he got a clutch first down.

Point 3.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]You would be the focal point of our offense while we get our RB situation situated.
[/div]

Ever wanted to be a gunslinger and have the offense ride completely through your hands? Well that situation could very well happen here.
I'm not going to speculate on what's going on with the RB situation with the Sabercats but with Vick's contract option, it's possible that we rely more on passing than rushing.

Point 4.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Being a part of the Sabercats organization is a great.
[/div]

Recently one of my Defensive Linemen brothers we're traded away and I thought to myself, would I rather be traded to a better performing team or stick with the Sabercats even though we were struggling. Easy decision, I'd much rather be on the Sabercats.

Our core group of active members are a bunch of great guys. Even when things were looking bad in the middle of season 1, spirits were still high and the negativity didn't hinder us. Now we've made some adjustments and we are primed to come out swinging season 2 and I couldn't be more excited.

Point 5.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]If you play for another team. I will personally destroy you. [/div]

This should have been apparent in point 1, but I wanted to spell it out for any of the "slower" quarterbacks.
~Sincerely, Dan Miller~

@Symmetrik
@ckroyal92
@`BenLongshaw`
@Blake Bortles
@RainDelay
@Deusolis
@daBenchwarmer
@Sweetwater
Code:
~732 words

Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats - Valtookan - 07-12-2017

Quote: Ethan Hunt decided to go shoot himself in the foot due to lack of brain cells.

This is still one this I just can't understand! WHY THE HELL WOULD HUNT LEAVE?!

Seriously, I honestly think a SaberCats team with Hunt would have been a harder match up for is in the Solis than the Otters. The SaberCats were a team I thought we could lose to in week 10. He didn't need to leave.

Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats - dropbear - 07-12-2017

Great write up! I've been saying all along that we've got one of the best groups of core guys. Being highly placed in this deep draft class will only help as well. S1 was an anomaly, so either get on our hype train or get run over by it! :belly:

Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats - daBenchwarmer - 07-13-2017

this is a pretty petty article.

Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats - RainDelay - 07-13-2017

(07-13-2017, 03:25 PM)daBenchwarmer Wrote:this is a pretty petty article.

Not really at all.

Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats - 7hawk77 - 07-13-2017

(07-13-2017, 02:25 PM)daBenchwarmer Wrote:this is a pretty petty article.

I disagree. Maybe a bit conceited.

I feel like I'll be a part of the Sabercats organization for a while and I think that we are going to be trying to find our franchise QB.

There are some rookies out there that might have been turned off just by looking at the sabercat's season record without understanding the situation. I wanted to explain that.

Also drama is pretty easy and fun to write about and I gotta pay bills somehow. $$$

Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats - RavensFanFromOntario - 07-13-2017

Is Hunt intentionally not training? Seems to be falling behind other QBs significantly.

Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats - daBenchwarmer - 07-13-2017

(07-13-2017, 05:12 PM)RavensFanFromOntario Wrote:Is Hunt intentionally not training? Seems to be falling behind other QBs significantly.

I got life to take care of.

plus last time I checked I had a pretty sizable debt with the NSFL.

Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats - ErMurazor - 07-13-2017

I hear Draxel is available, could be a good solution to lead for a bit while your Rookie prepares to take the reigns...plus no QB controversy as he's working towards retirement and is pretty quiet in the LR these days!

Why QB's should beg to start for the Sabercats - Valtookan - 07-13-2017

(07-13-2017, 04:25 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:I hear Draxel is available, could be a good solution to lead for a bit while your Rookie prepares to take the reigns...plus no QB controversy as he's working towards retirement and is pretty quiet in the LR these days!

I second this.