International Simulation Football League
*March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 (/showthread.php?tid=20824)

*March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 - infinitempg - 04-05-2020

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: pP7Qsw5.png]

National Simulation Football League Historical March Madness - Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight Update![/div]

SOOOOO we're moving things up because it fills in the schedule nicer! I am going to release the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight results NOW, and the Final Four and Championship game will be streamed on Friday!

Bracket and Standings

Here's your magic sheet: CLICK HERE. I'm pretty sure I caught all the mistakes this time.

Notable Results

Holy crap look at that final four. No #1 made it through, and the east portion of the bracket has a #13 and #14 as their representatives! Let's talk about this last two rounds.

Sweet Sixteen Notable Games

(5) S7 OCO 15
(13) S14 BAL 25
Boxscore

A kicker battle results in the big upset for the S14 Hawks! Bradley Madlad scored all 15 of the Otters' points, and it seems that Hall of Famer Mike Boss just couldn't get anything going. Alex Frost also scored 3 field goals, and the Baltimore defense also came up big with a safety to gain an early 11-3 1Q lead. The Otters were unable to lead a comeback, only managing to bring the score from 25-12 to 25-15 with 11:11 to go.

Only 5 people (9.62%) had the S14 Hawks advancing to the Elite Eight, a huge surprise!

(11) S15 SJS 16
(14) S10 BAL 25
Boxscore

Only one Cinderella can advance, and the S10 Hawks still have the slipper. The Hawks entered the last 5 minutes with a 25-16 lead, and immediately forced the Sabercats to go 3 and out. The Hawks offense was able to hold the ball for the last 3 minutes and sneak out with a win.

7 people (13.46%) predicted the S10 Hawks to make it this far, though of course you all weren't helped by it being a double upset.

(2) S12 OCO 15
(7) S13 OCO 25
Boxscore

The S12 Otters were a crowd favorite to make it to the Elite Eight, with 40 people (76.9%) predicting them to make it that far. But their future counterparts managed to put an end to that dream with the 2-7 upset! Despite entering the last 10 minutes of the game with a 15-10 lead, the S12 Otters gave up 2 goal line touchdowns to S13 Seer Zephyrous to find themselves in a 10 point hole. The S12 Otters then found themselves in a desperate attempt to make a 10 point comeback with 4:38 to go, and managed to get all the way to the S13 Otters' 8 before turning it over on downs. Perhaps the most amazing thing is that the S12 Otters had nearly double the total yards of the S13 Otters, 491-278.

8 people (15.4%) of people had the S7 Otters making it this far - not many expected them to make it past the meat grinder of the S12 Otters.

--

Elite Eight Games

Since there's only 4 games here, I'm going to give a brief summary of all of them.

(1) S9 NOLA 17
(4) S19 COL 22
Boxscore

The #1 overall seed goes down! The two teams entered halftime tied at 10-10, and coming out of the gate the Second Line struck first with a Darren Smallwood touchdown to make the lead 17-10. Two Stephen Harris Jr. field goals made the score 17-16, and it stayed that way for much of the 4th quarter. With 6 minutes to go and pinned deep in their own territory, the Second Line were forced to punt. A short punt then allowed the Yeti to drive down the field, and Ashley Owens scored the go-ahead touchdown with 2:36 left. The Yeti defense managed to hold one of the greatest offenses of all time to a turnover on downs, sealing their upset victory. Borkus Maximus had an abysmal day, only throwing for 181 yards while his counterpart Wolfie McDummy threw for 334 yards. The Yeti offense outearned the Second Line offense by 151 yards, absolutely stunning considering how they played in history.

Only 2 people (3.8%) had the S19 Yeti making it to the Final Four, while 35 people (67.3%) had the S9 Second Line making it. The S9 Second Line were also the favorite to win it all, with 21 people (40.4%) picking them to be the champions.

(2) S6 OCO 38
(3) S14 OCO 26
Boxscore

In a showdown of eras, the 3-peat Otters defeated the 2-peat Otters, and quite convincingly. Give the S14 Otters some credit though - they managed to get within 2 points with 11:13 in the 4Q. But their offense sputtered out and the S6 Otters were able to put the game away with a Jordan Yates touchdown and a last second field goal from Madlad.

Exactly half (26 people) of you predicted the S6 Otters to make it to the Final Four, though most of you guys thought they'd be facing the S9 Second Line. The four users with them as Champs are still in the hunt!

(1) S19 OCO 14
(13) S14 BAL 31
Boxscore

Whaaaaaaat?! The 1 seed (and #2 overall) is crushed by the Cinderella S14 Hawks. Entering the 4Q, the Hawks were holding on to a 3 point lead - but two Childish Gambino touchdowns to Howard Miller and Verso L'Alto allowed them to fly away to the Final Four, slipper still in tact! Otters QB Franklin Armstrong had a myriad of struggles, throwing for 4 interceptions and finishing with a 44.7 rating. Childish Gambino, meanwhile, finished with 321 yards and 3 touchdowns.

S14 Baltimore had the support of 4 people (7.7%) to make it to the Final Four - but those people did their homework. Despite the low seed and lack of Ultimus, the S14 Hawks were one of the most talented teams top to bottom. This team had one of the greatest QBs of all time flanked by 4 top wide receivers and 2 top tight ends - it's no surprise they're taking their revenge on their early S14 playoff exit here.

(7) S13 OCO 21
(14) S10 BAL 24
Boxscore

And the mirror image game goes the same way, with the Hawks upsetting the Otters! Just like Franklin Armstrong, Gus Showbiz had his struggles throwing 3 interceptions on the day. The most notable of these was the 26 yard pick-six thrown to Gregory Fletcher, taking their 4 point deficit into an 11 point deficit. A Ricky Adams 36 yard touchdown and 2 point conversion with 7:41 to go wasn't enough to complete the comeback, as the Otters last two possessions ended in 3 and outs.

Surprisingly, 5 people (9.6%) have the Hawks here in the Final Four - those same 5 also predict them to make the Championship game. Don't let their low seed fool you either - the S10 Hawks went 13-1 and tore their way to an Ultimus victory, so their believers have good ground to stand on.

--

Bracket

Here is the bracket:

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: pFPf62R.png]

FINAL FOUR:
#2 S6 OCO vs #4 S19 COL
#13 S14 BAL vs #14 S10 BAL
[/div]

Your top 5 are currently @Dewalt27 with 34, @Duilio05 and @iamslm22 with 26, and @KamiCommie, @benstackinpaper, and @TomHanks tied with 25. In last place is @muse316 with 9 points, and former last place @Thiath is now sitting pretty at 23rd with 22 points.

--

Statistics

There are statistics on who picked who to advance where in the spreadsheet, but I want to do a team-by-team recap really quickly.

ARI 0-2
AUS 1-2
BAL 7-2
CHI 0-2
COL 3-1
NOLA 3-2
OCO 11-5
PHI 1-2
SJS 2-4
YKW 0-3

7 teams are completely eliminated - the Yeti, Otters, and Hawks are the only teams still alive. Of these teams, the (2) S6 Otters are the favorites to win it all, with 8 believing they make it to the final and 4 having them win it all. Next are the (14) S10 Hawks, with 5 brackets putting them in the title game and 3 having them win it all. Right behind them are the (13) S14 Hawks with 2 people having them both in the championship game and winning it. Last are the (4) S19 Yeti - no one thinks they make it past the Final Four.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Will the Otters protect the sanctity of seeding? Can either Hawks team avoid the clock striking midnight? Will the Yeti prove the doubters wrong and finally bring home a (fake) trophy? Find out LIVE on Friday at 8PM EDT!!![/div]

Once again, you can see a summary of results, statistics, and everyone's brackets here!

*March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 - Frick_Nasty - 04-05-2020

All I am reading from this is MoVP

*March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 - nunccoepi - 04-05-2020

Lol of course this is when the Yeti will win it all

*March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 - timeconsumer - 04-05-2020

Winchester's stats don't look right

*March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 - YoungTB - 04-06-2020

WHERE MY HAWKS AT?

CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKERS!!

*March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 - Huskies311 - 04-06-2020

Baltimore crushing it

*March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 - iseedoug - 04-06-2020

S14 Hawks were my champion pick! Lets go!

Told ya we were sooo stacked that year.

Edit: Yo, Ben Horne got POG Twice! Ben Horne (S14) - LB (S14 BAL): 10 Tck, 1 Sck, 1 Sfty. and Ben Horne (S14) - LB (S14 BAL): 7 Tck, 1 Sck, 1 Int. I am not sure I ever got a Safety in my career.

*March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 - iamslm22 - 04-06-2020

BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL

*March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 - iseedoug - 04-06-2020

@nunccoepi if S14 Hawks win it all, I feel like we should get some sort of GM award man.

*March Madness - Sweet 16 and Elite 8 - nunccoepi - 04-06-2020

(04-06-2020, 01:05 PM)iseedoug Wrote:@nunccoepi if S14 Hawks win it all, I feel like we should get some sort of GM award man.

for sure