International Simulation Football League
Final position rankings heading into the S2 draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Final position rankings heading into the S2 draft (/showthread.php?tid=2083)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Final position rankings heading into the S2 draft - 124715 - 07-12-2017

Code:
2222 words (wow) and ready for grading

The S2 NSFL draft draws near, and trades have muddied the waters considerably. Instead of doing a full-on mock, I'm just ranking positions. Please give me feedback!

I'll do the top 4 for each position if there are more than 4.

Quarterback

1. Christian Adams - @TheRealBK
Projected round: 3-6
Archetype: Gunslinger
Christian Adams is an active, albeit new, user who has racked up some TPE in his short time here.

T-2. Torque Lewith - @Hypodynamic
Projected round: 6 - undrafted
Archetype: Mobile
Lewith is very new so it's hard to see his future in the NSFL.

T-2. Shawn Brady - @TheLastOlympian07
Projected round: 6 - undrafted.
Archetype: Pocket Passer
Again, there's little to write about on such a new prospect.

Running Back

1. Ardie Savea - @`ardiesavea`
Projected round: 1-4
Archetype: All-purpose
Savea is an active, hard working player at the wrong position. RB is not a pressing need for any team. However, Savea still has a bright future ahead of him. His style helps add another dimension to any offense by giving them the opportunity to split the RB out wide. Savea will make an impact from Day 1.

2. Kyle Cobb - @Kcobb9
Projected round: 2-5
Archetype: Receiving
Cobb is another hardworker at a swamped position. However, he also has a unique receiving style which diversifies any passing-based offense right off the bat. Cobb is a very good prospect.

3. Darlane Farlane - @Gwdaja
Projected round: 4-7
Archetype: Speed
Farlane boasts one of the best names in the draft, as well as an impressive 80 speed. Farlane is a boom-or-bust prospect for sure, as speed backs are rather inconsistent. Look for Farlane to try to prove himself in the preseason.

4. Eric Kennedy - @SwagSloth
Projected round: 6 - Undrafted
Archetype: Power
After a significant drop-off comes Kennedy, a power back to round out the full tour of archetypes. Kennedy makes this list by virtue of being more experienced than the other prospects below him. Not particularly active, Kennedy might not get drafted. However, he will still look to prove himself, and may do so by boasting 72 strength. That's a lot for someone with 56 official TPE!

Wide Receiver

1. Fox North - @Silver Fox
Projected round: 1-4
Archetype: Route runner
North is a consensus #1 receiver in the draft. Very hardworking, the prospect out of Penn State showcases impressive 75 agility and 71 hands & speed. Look for North to make an impact on the Hawks, Otters, Liberty or other team in need of a WR.
EDIT: Fox North has been named the GM of the Philadelphia PHI meaning he will go pick #7.

2. Dustin Evans - @AsylumParty
Projected round : 3-6
Archetype: Possession
Evans is easily the no. 2 WR in this class and is possibly the most active WR in this group. Evans will show off his 73 speed and 75 hands in the preseason before starting, in the slot or outside of it, on a receiver-starved team.

3. John Baker - @Bakepiece
Projected round: 4-Undrafted
Archetype: Route runner
It's difficult to rank John Baker. He only has 57 TPE, but he was absolutely lights-out in the prospect games. That's why I give him a wide range for "Projected Round" - I don't really know what to project. Either way, Baker will work his way into a starting spot with 72 agility that gives him an edge over many defenders.

4. Johnny Rocket - @:.Elite.:
Projected round: 6- Undrafted
Archetype: Speed
Johnny Rocket is a man on a mission. After :.Elite.: "wasted" his first player through a season of inactivity, his second player promises more activity.

Honorable Mentions: Ryan Lecavalier (@Ephemeris) and Jon Ross (@JR95)

Tight End

1. Paul DiMirio - 124715
Projected round: 2-4
Archetype: Vertical threat
DiMirio might be the most active prospect in the draft. He is a capable blocker, allowing 0 sacks over 5 prospect games, and receiver. Despite not finding a team in S1, DiMirio promises a reliable player. However, TEs are rarely used in the sim, which causes him to fall a little bit.

2. Rich Gucci - @`7Sports`
Archetype: Vertical threat
I nearly put Gucci as the best TE, or tied for first, but given the large gap in activity levels between Gucci and DiMirio, I had to rank them this way. Gucci boasts impressive numbers: 73 and 70 for Hands and Speed, respectively, but his blocking numbers are far below DiMirio despite having an advantage of nearly 50 TPE.

3. Perry Tucker - @Perry87
Projected round: 6-Undrafted
Tucker made a big splash in the NSFL world after his impressive PbP of the 5th Prospect game, complete with gifs galore. Tucker is very hardworking, and if he'd joined after the Preliminary Drive instead of the Official, he might be higher on this list.

4. Jesse Sanderson - @Jharter94
Projected round: Undrafted
Sanderson edges out newer players on basis of experience alone. He's not active enough for the any team in the NSFL, which is already overloaded with TEs, to spend a pick on. However, if he becomes active again, he might climb the depth chart.

Offensive Line

1. Vincent Sharpei - @Muford
Projected round: 1-2
Archetype: Technician
An active, talented OL prospect that doesn't care which team he lands on? I have to give Sharpei the edge over Clegane and Pest, who both have more TPE, on the basis of character.

2. Gregor Clegane - @automatic
Archetype: Run blocker
If Clegane hadn't bombed his stock by refusing to play for any team except for the Otters if he gets drafted in the first round, he'd be the best OL by far. His 158 TPE is straight-out mindblowing. Clegane will make a massive impact on the team that drafts him, but it may not be all good.

3. Tim Pest - @`TimPest`
Archetype: Run blocker
I didn't need to look at Pest's player page to find out that his Intelligence was less than 65 :lol: . Pest also declared he would sit out the season if he was drafted in the first round by a team other than the Outlaws.
However, it cannot be denied that Pest, as well as Clegane, is a spectacular player. His 135 TPE is enough to overcome issues with the team that drafts him.

T-4. Jordan Yates - @jordan327
Archetype: Athletic
Yates has 82 TPE, an impressive mark that's enough to put him on the list. He's not particularly active, like Pest, Clegane, and Sharpei, but he's infinitely better than Zobot Bigboy.

T-4. Scott Timlin - @scottyt
Archetype: Athletic
Another Athletic lineman with 82 TPE, Timlin will get drafted highly because of demand. A player with 82 TPE can help the line vastly.

Honorable Mention: Brokk Lee (@BrokkLee)

Defensive Line

1. Blaster Blade - @Blaster
Projected round: 1-3
There's not really any doubt that Blade is the best edge in the draft, is there? He claims to have forced a sack on Angus Winchester (I personally think it was Jayce Tuck, but whatever) and has 120 TPE. Add in his activity and Blade is a shoo-in to the upper rounds.

2. Bork Björnsson - @bovovovo
Archetype: Run Stuffer
Björnsson is the top interior lineman in this class. During the prospect games, he had lots of sacks, despite being a run-stuffer. Not to mention, he's active. Björnsson has a bright future ahead of him, although it be brighter if reporters didn't have to copy-paste his last name every time they mentioned him Smile

3. Drew Davidson - @sabills
Projected round: 7- Undrafted
Archetype: Speed Rusher
Davidson is a solid, hardworking Edge who may or may not be drafted at a position of medium need.

4. Ben Greene - @Bgreene21
Projected round: 6- Undrafted
Archetype: Nose Tackle
Greene is active and at a position of medium-high demand. He'll find a team and might start with impressive 75 strength and 63 TPE.

Honorable Mention: Typical Newenglander (@Red_Staar)

Linebacker

T-1. Noah Parker - @njparker
Projected round: 5-Undrafted
Archetype: Coverage
Not particularly active, Parker may not gain a high draft pick. However, no one wants Zobot Frontschmevin on their team, so don't expect Parker to be a Free Agent for long.

T-1. Kevin Cushing - @kckolbe
Projected round: 4-8
Archetype: Coverage
Cushing landed in the NSFL with a splash. He's incredibly active on these boards, and many teams, especially the Legion and the Liberty, could pounce on him.

3. Jupiter Oaks - @vledoc
Archetype: Coverage (there are a lot of them)
It appears that Oaks will stay at 50 TPE for the rest of his career. However, he has the benefit of experience over newer players, despite inactivity. As for his projected round, there's no need to spend a draft pick on a player without an update page.

4. Uhhh...
Looking at The LB Prospects page, there's not a whole lot that stands out. In fact, all the players there are at 50 TPE. I'll refrain from putting a 4th best LB here.

Safety

1. Ragnar Kronen - @Kronen
Archetype: All-around
A Norwegian by blood, Kronen made headlines by picking off of passes intended for Paul DiMirio twice in one (prospect) game. Kronen is dedicated and hardworking so it's not hard to slot him in as the best safety in this draft.

2. Isaiah McGinn - @`The_King`
Archetype: Center Fielder
McGinn was very good on the field last year for the Baltimore Hawks, who needed a couple more bright spots. McGinn has very high ratings in Hands (70) which makes a dual-position (to WR or TE) possible. Retaining McGinn should be a priority for the Hawks this draft.

3. Roman Thomas - @TheDangaZone
Archetype: Center Fielder
Taking a dramatically different approach from McGinn, who shares archetypes with Thomas, the safety out of FSU is incredibly fast (80) and very agile (70) with high endurance (70). Thomas will be a playmaker wherever he goes.

4. James Lillico - @Lillico24
Projected round: 4-8
Archetype: Run Support
Lillico has 66 TPE and his mildly active, making him a good pick as a futures pick or depth. His run-support style could be valuable for defenses that rely on their secondary to elevate the unit as a whole. He has 67 tackling, which bodes well for a run-supporter. Lillico will try to prove his worth in the preseason.

Cornerback

1. Dermot Lavelle - @`Dermot`
Projected round: 1
Archetype: Man - to - man
Anyone who thinks Dermot Lavelle isn't going first overall is deceiving themselves. He's the complete package - hardworking, fast (80.2), and agile (70.6). He joined the NSFL at the right time, making a name (and significant TPE!) for himself in the beginning of S1. Now, he'll make a big impact on the Wraiths, who hold the #1 pick and used him as a key part of their secondary next to Dirk Cutter in S1.

2. Darnell Turner - @Darnellthebeast
Archetype: man-to-man
Turner, with 90 TPE, would be the best CB in the draft if not for Lavelle, who has a similar playing style with more TPE.

3. Dwayne Barton - @Daybe
Projected round: 4-7
Archetype: whaddya know, another m2m.
Barton has a lot of upside, and he makes a perfect pick in the later rounds. Expect him to go to the Hawks or another team who needs a potential playmaker in their secondary.

4. Uhhh...
Again, the CB prospects forum has a bunch of 50 TPE players, so it's difficult to pick a 4th best CB to put after Lavelle, Turner, and Barton.

Kickers and Punters

I nearly forgot to put them but apparently they are people too :hmm: so here goes.

1. Christiano Ronaldo - @`Sanctus`
Projected round: 7-Undrafted
Ronaldo has 82 kick power which is nothing to sneeze at. He's active enough to earn a roster spot even as a RB, one of the most crowded positions, but since he plays the least glamorous (and thus least crowded) position (there aren't long snappers in NSFL Smile ) he's likely to start. He has nearly 100 TPE, which is impressive.

2. Rashad Tarkenton - @vikesdce
Archetype: Accurate
Tarkenton has 80 accuracy, which is quite high. He has 70 TPE and is mildly active so look for him to end up on a roster, if not starting.

3. Jason Jerek - @Baby_Reggie
The only reason Jerek finds a roster is for depth. He doesn't even have an update thread, however, he's used his 50 TPE, unlike...

4. Jack Vanderjagt - @Jack
Archetype: Accurate
Vanderjagt hasn't even used his initial 50 TPE so there's no chance he gets drafted.

Code:
2222 words (wow) and ready for grading!

Graded

Does anyone know why my tags don't work? Do I have too many Sad ?

Final position rankings heading into the S2 draft - Perry87 - 07-12-2017

Great post!

Perry Tucker did perform best out of all the TEs in the S2 Jr. Ultimas Bowl, catching 5 of the 7 balls thrown his way. 3 for first downs. I'm not saying I'm just saying

Final position rankings heading into the S2 draft - Anti-Hype - 07-12-2017

Well, i'm not sure why the tags aren't working. Maybe someone a bit more familiar with the site can shed some light on that like @RavensFanFromOntario That was part a test to see if it was working for me too.

But all around I have to say this is a fantastic article! Really insightful Big Grin

(07-12-2017, 02:27 PM)Perry87 Wrote:Great post!

Perry Tucker did perform best out of all the TEs in the S2 Jr. Ultimas Bowl, catching 5 of the 7 balls thrown his way. 3 for first downs. I'm not saying I'm just saying

The prospect games are almost meaningless because players play just on their initial 50 TPE. So Logan Noble (275 TPE) would play about as well as Torque Lewith (50 TPE).

(07-12-2017, 02:27 PM)Anti-Hype Wrote:Well, i'm not sure why the tags aren't working. Maybe someone a bit more familiar with the site can shed some light on that like @RavensFanFromOntario That was part a test to see if it was working for me too.

But all around I have to say this is a fantastic article! Really insightful  Big Grin

Thanks! I am open to suggestions.

Final position rankings heading into the S2 draft - Perry87 - 07-12-2017

(07-12-2017, 04:28 PM)124715 Wrote:The prospect games are almost meaningless because players play just on their initial 50 TPE. So Logan Noble (275 TPE) would play about as well as Torque Lewith (50 TPE).

So Tuckers intangibles are what makes him special? Lol great write up, I love these types of articles

(07-12-2017, 02:31 PM)Perry87 Wrote:So Tuckers intangibles are what makes him special? Lol great write up, I love these types of articles

You're special 'cause you're dedicated Wink

Final position rankings heading into the S2 draft - 4D Chess - 07-12-2017

Great article, really well thought out. I've only read the offense so far as I am at work.

My only complaints: 1) No love for CA Chess? 2) Fox just got named Co-GM of Liberty so he'll be going there at 7 guaranteed.

Final position rankings heading into the S2 draft - ElMachoNacho - 07-12-2017

tfw when you're so bad you aren't even ranked.