International Simulation Football League
(S21) - Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S21) - Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=20834)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

(S21) - Ultimus Week - Baron1898 - 04-06-2020

Hello and welcome to Ultimus Week for the NSFL Season 21! You will have ten days to complete the Ultimus Week point task, so the deadline will be April 16th, 2020 at 11:59PM PDT.

CHOOSE 4 TASKS, EACH WILL BE REWARDED 2.5 TPE FOR COMPLETION FOR A MAXIMUM OF 10 TPE.

Rules:
1) Written tasks must be at least 200 words (No exceptions and no partial credit, not that hard to get to 200 words). Words are counted using the forum’s word counter, so stopping at 200 words exactly is a dicey risk to take.
2) You can do any option for any task. They can be a mix, but please only do each task once.
3) Only submit one post in this thread.
4) Graphics must be more than text on an image - it is Ultimus week, show Ultimus effort. It is up to the grader’s discretion to give credit, so don’t give us a reason to deny you TPE.
5) We are again keeping the podcast option for topics. Please stay on topic for the task and make sure to include 5 minutes of talk on the task you are working with. Podcast options can be used in place of ANY of the Written options. We will be timing you and pause the timer when you get too far off topic.
6) As it is too hard and complicated to time the podcast for media money and task credit, if you do a podcast it can only be for Ultimus week. Do a separate podcast if you want media credit.
7) You may use a PBE, SHL, and GOMHL PT as credit for a maximum of 1 tasks here.
8) Affiliate PT must be from this week, 4/6 to 4/12, to get credit.
9) Affiliate PT must be the actual task, but not a link for welfare credit.
10) These tasks can be written about the NSFL or DSFL playoffs (with a few exceptions).

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:
Written: Give a short write up of one or multiple playoff matches. If completed before the airing of the sims, give your predictions; if it is afterwards, give a review of the game.
Graphic: Make a graphic displaying the matchups in the playoffs. If completed before sim, predict scores and show stats; if after, give a summary of game showing stats and top performers.

2) Playoffs MVP
Written: Wrote about a heroic performance on the field by any player this playoff season. Why do they deserve to be called the MVP of the playoffs?
Graphic: Create a graphic for said player showing their stats in the playoffs.

3) X-Factor
Written: Predict one player on a playoff team who you feel will make the biggest impact and push that team into the championship. Choose someone besides your own player for this task.
Graphic: Create a graphic showing how your chosen player will make an impact on their team’s performance.

4) OL or K/P Appreciation
Written: Write about an active human offensive lineman or special teamer that is in the playoffs, and how they will or did affect the outcome.
Graphic: Create a graphic about said OL or K/P and give stats of their season or playoff performances.

5) Hoisting The Trophy
Writen: no written option
Graphic: Create a graphic of your player hoisting the trophy!

6) Next Year
Written: If your team didn’t win the title this year, why do you believe they can win the next year (or the year after that)?
Graphics: Create a graphic showing the improvements your team could make to win in the future.

7) Robbed
Written: Write about why your team was robbed from making the playoffs. How did the sim screw you, and why were you more deserving?
Graphic: Explain with a graphic why your team was better than a playoff team.

8) Revenge
Written: Write 200 words about a team you’d like to get revenge on next season and why. Did they knock you out of the playoffs? Blow you out?
Graphic: Create a graphic on why the stats back up that you’ll beat them next time.

9) Dynasty
Written: Convince us that your team will be the next NSFL or DSFL dynasty.
Graphic: Show us stats that back up your reasoning.

10) Armchair GM
Written: What moves could your team make to improve for the next year, be it in free agency, keeping players, the draft, etc. (Please be careful to avoid tampering.)
Graphic: Show us a step by step plan for future improvement.

11) Rivalry
Written: Which team or player would you consider to be your greatest rival? Write 200 words on why you are rivals with them and why you want them to lose (don’t harass other users please).
Graphic: Show the comparison between you and your rival team/player.

12) Pay It Forward
Written: Write about someone in this league who you look up to or who you think of as a friend. Why do they deserve to be lauded?

13) Interview a Star
Written: Interview a player who is in either of the league’s playoffs this year. You must ask at least four questions, at least three of which must relate to the league. YOU MUST POST THE QUESTIONS AND THEIR ANSWERS FOR CREDIT.

14) Get Interviewed by a Fan
Written: Answer questions for an interview from a fan. You must answer at least four questions and at least three must relate to the league in some way. Link to the interviewer’s PT to receive credit. NOTE: THEY MUST POST THE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR YOU TO GET CREDIT.

15) Superstardom
Written: No written option
Graphic: Create a billboard, magazine cover, or video game cover depicting a superstar of the league.

16) Scouting Report
Written: Write a scouting report for one of the incoming draftees in either the NSFL or DSFL.
Graphics: Create a graphic showing their stats or attributes.

17) Sponsorships
Written: You’ve been contacted to appear in a company’s ad airing during the Ultimus. What is the ad about?
Graphic: Create a graphic depicting the ad.

18) Awards Season
Written: Make the case for one of your teammates to win an award at the NSFL or DSFL levels. What have they done to earn the nod?
Graphics: Present an argument for your teammate to win the award over the other competitors.

19) Team Culture
Written: What is it about your team’s culture and/or locker room that makes you happy to be there? If there are any problems, what do you think should be done to improve them?

20) Nostalgia
Written: What is your happiest memory in this league?

As always have fun with it and please give feedback on the tasks and how I can improve it for next season. Also, PM me with any questions about how this will be graded or what I am looking for with these questions.

(S21) - Ultimus Week - ItsJustBarry - 04-06-2020

Playoff Predictions:

In our first matchup, we have the Baltimore Hawks hosting the Yellowknife Wraiths. I don’t think this season will end any differently for the Wraiths as their Ultimus dreams get destroyed again. Baltimore holds the advantage in every measurable category that matters. Their offense is more potent, their defense is more stingy, and they hold home field advantage. These teams split wins during the regular season with each team winning at home. I don’t expect this playoff matchup breaks this trend as Baltimore goes on the win this easily. It is hard to predict an score but I will say I expect the Hawks to win this by 2 scores.
On the other side, we have the New Orleans Second Line traveling to Orange County to face off with the Otters. If we were asked to predict the playoffs a real life week ago, many would have had NOLA walking away with the trophy easily. Unfortunately for them, the sim does what the sim does (which Joestradamus Kortesi predicted) and they are now the underdog to the perennial playoff favorite, OCO. NOLA has the weapons to keep this matchup close but I don’t expect them to be able to overcome HFA. OCO edges out NOLA by a slim margin.

That leads to OCO hosting Baltimore in the Ultimus. Baltimore loses and OCO wins this because that’s what these teams do in the Ultimus.

Robbed:

With the new format that allows almost everyone into the playoffs, that leaves only the Philadelphia Liberty and Arizona Outlaws left to write about. With the Chicago Butchers trading away their future to win now, it was expected that Philadelphia would left on the outside looking in. On the other side, we have Arizona starting their off-season vacation early. With just a general big picture look at the season, I feel like Arizona was robbed. Arizona had a few unfortunate losses which were decided by a single score. Had even one of these games gone in their favor, we’d be looking at San Jose missing out while Arizona gets routed by Orange County. It’s hard to assume Arizona even wanted a playoff berth this season. They were hopefully setting themselves up for a top draft pick to acquire many people in this epic draft class. With the Outlaws owning 9 picks in the first 5 rounds, they should be able to get young pieces and be back in contention within a couple of seasons. In hindsight, it’s hard to say that either team missing the playoffs were robbed considering their pick values now but I would still give the unfortunate edge to Arizona.

Rivalry:

Playing a 2nd season in the DSFL I don’t feel like I have a rival. I feel like a man among boys in this league. One might want to compare me to Dorfus Jimbo Jr or Chip Otle but that is humorous. Otle does lead the DSFL with tackles for loss at 25. Noble Jr. is right behind him with 24 and Jimbo Jr. is trailing with 23. When looking at sacks, both Noble Jr and Jimbo Jr are tied with 9 each while Otle has a measly 4. When looking at these stats, it seems like these 3 players are evenly matched. Besides Otle’s sack count be halved by the other 2, this is a close race. What makes this impressive and give the nod to Noble Jr is the fact that he’s playing will approximately 80 TPE less applied than these other 2. This puts him below even top earning S22 defensive players in which many have already eclipsed the 200 TPE threshold. Only time will tell if this small DSFL preview will translate to bigger things on the NSFL stage. With all 3 likely to be called up next season, we’ll be able to answer for sure who is ready for primetime.

Armchair GM:

At this point, picking on Chicago is low hanging fruit but I’m not above it. While I was a short-tenured co-GM for the Butchers, it could be said that I contributed to this downward spiral. When I joined I had a multi season plan in place to turn Chicago around. Unfortunately, real time was going to demand more of my time so Valor made the executive decision to replace me and the rest is history. I laid out my plan to a couple players then and the general idea would still work today. The target is to draft as many young players from the S21 and S22 draft as possible. Players that are eager and hungry to play. These are also players who have spent time together in DSFL so rapport is already there. Instead of building a new LR, you are essentially adopting an existing once. Considering you would be terrible, you should have top pick in each draft. Adding anywhere from five to ten actives from each draft would give you a complete roster all growing together. They would all be getting playing time from day 1 which is what every DSFL prospect wants. By S24 or S25, you would have 12+ players hitting 1000 TPE simultaneously and would be a competing force in the league. Unfortunately, this means you have to endure a season or two of losing while you acquire these players. Instead, Chicago has endured the bad seasons but have to picks or player assets to show for it so the cycle will continue for at least a few more seasons.

(S21) - Ultimus Week - SabaDonutMan - 04-06-2020

1) Playoff Reviews:
Written: Give a short write up of one or multiple playoff matches. If completed before the airing of the sims, give your predictions; if it is afterwards, give a review of the game.

Let’s talk about the most important game in the season, the Ultimus. This season’s Ultimus hosted 2 powerhouses, the Yellowknife Wraiths and the New Orleans Secondline. I’ll give a quick synopsis of each of the team’s seasons then get to the game itself. Starting with the Wraiths, their path to the Ultimini was bumpier than normally. They started the season going 3-3 which isn’t terrible but it also isn’t great for a team with Ultimini aspirations. Luckily they were able to win the games that mattered most and punched their ticket to the ultimini with a 24-19 victory over the Hawks in the conference final. The Secondline’s season could be summarized in one word, dominance. They were the best team in the league and destroyed the league by going 10-3 and gaining home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They then swept their playoff games and made it to the ultimus. The ultimus, similarly to the Secondline’s season, was completely dominated by the Secondline. In the first quarter they held the Wraiths scoreless while putting up 14 points of their own. The second quarter was less exciting but again the Wraiths were not able to score and the Secondline were able to put up 3 points from a 42 yard field goal. The third quarter finally saw the Wraiths put up points with a 27 yard field goal by Dougie Smalls. That being said, the Secondline were also able to put up points however they were able to put up 9 rather than 3. The fourth quarter was finally where the Wraiths began to hit their stride but unfortunately it was too little too late. They were able to get 10 points off of a field goal and a touchdown while the Secondline only got a touchdown but that touchdown put the game out of reach. Secondline Win 33 - 13.

9) Dynasty
Written: Convince us that your team will be the next NSFL or DSFL dynasty.

Why will Arizona be the next NSFL dynasty? It is very simple actually, it all has to do with our gms. Let me explain. Our current general manager, Unicorn, was able to secure us an absurd amount of picks in the upcoming draft(the most actually) which is almost certain to land us players who will bolster both our offense and defense. Not to mention that we are one of the youngest teams in the league with players like Jay Cue, Pete Miller, Jah Bur’Berry, and many other players being a while away from regression. Also, we have a ton of talent who are sitting in the DSFL and once they are called up they will be destroying the league left to right. Here is my prediction, I think that next season we will be one of the worse teams in the league and secure a top draft pick. That being said, around S23 - S24 is when our team will really hit our stride. All of our young players will be hitting their prime and I know for a fact that we will be competing in Ultimus around that time. To all the other teams, I’m sorry that you will have to face us.

12) Pay It Forward
Written: Write about someone in this league who you look up to or who you think of as a friend. Why do they deserve to be lauded?

There are many people in the league who I could write about here but the person I have chosen to honor is @SwagSloth. When I was in the DSFL I had heard of this game that the NSFL had called Werewolf. I decided to give it a shot and one of the first people I interacted with was somebody I had not talked to before, Swag. Unfortunately he died very early in the game but from the interactions I had with him he was a really nice guy. Fast forward to the near the end of the season. Since the draft was coming up scouting was in full swing. That’s when Swag dmed me. Instead of jumping into the “scouting part” he decided that it was better to have a friendly conversation. His conversation starter was that WW game that we met in and let me just say that from the beginning of the conversation I had a very good feeling. Once the conversation ended I felt very confident that I would not fall out of the first round. Skip ahead to draft day. This was very exciting for all of us S17 players as we were going to soon get drafted to a team in the big leagues. According to my mock draft I was supposed to go at pick seven to the Otters. I was just happy that I knew I wouldn’t fall out of the first round because the reigning champions, the Outlaws, had given me a really good feeling about them. After the first 4 picks I was fairly confident that I was going to the Otters as every pick in my mock draft had been right up to this point. That's when the Sabercats selected Tyron Brackenridge at fifth overall. This completely shook up my mock draft and I wasn’t so sure where I would go. We got to Orange County’s pick and they ended up picking Dexter Banks II, another wide receiver. Now we get to pick 9 and Philly was on the clock. Then a trade was announced!!! The Arizona Outlaws have moved up and selected wide receiver Saba Donut. I was ecstatic. I immediately dmed Swag saying that he had made the right selection. From the second I joined the locker room I felt right at home with all my fellow Outlaws. Very soon after I was drafted Swag dmed me asking if I wanted to join the war room(I had recently become the Portland GM). Of course I said yes as I had always wanted to be in an NSFL war room. Since then I had always looked up to Swag and he has been one of my favorite members of the league. As the seasons go bye I remained in the war room trying to help the gms as much as I could. That’s when I entered free agency. I had always wanted to enter free agency just to have gotten to experience it. That was probably one of the hardest things that I had to tell Swag. Luckily, he was very supportive of me and he swore to do whatever he could to get me back. After a while I had narrowed it down to two teams, one of which was the Outlaws. It was a very hard decision to make, but I decided to return to the Outlaws. One of the main reasons I went back was because of Swag. He had helped me so much, he believed in me, he had enough faith in me to let me remain in the war room while I was testing the market.(Also Jay Cue) From the second I resigned I knew that I had made the right decision. Eventually I hit a rough patch in my career. I was recently fired from my gm position in the DSFL. I was heartbroken at the time. I was really sad for a while and had lost the motivation to be active in the league. One of the main people who helped me get back up was Swag. Without him I don’t know if I would even be writing this right now. Then when Swag’s player was in his draft the amount of campaigning done in the war room to bring him back was insane. Thankfully we got him back. The Sloth and Donut duo was reunited again. So to answer the original question. Do I look up to Swag, yes I do. There are so many reasons to look up to him. He has always known what to do under pressure, is one of the nicest people out there, and is a great friend. Thank you Swag, for everything.

20) Nostalgia
Written: What is your happiest memory in this league?

I have many happy moments in this league, but for time’s sake I will only pick a couple of them. One of my happiest moments in the league were the weeks before the DSFL draft. These weeks really bonded me to some of my current league friends like Butter and Jackson. Not to mention that during this time season 15 still inhabited the rookie discord server so it was fun talking to some of them there before they left and the rookie server was ours. Not to mention that being scouted for the first time was very exciting. Another of my happiest memories was the entirety of the S18 season as the Pythons gm. In the previous season, my rookie season as a gm, we lost to Tijuana in the Ultimini by one point so I really wanted revenge. This was also the first season with my new co-gm Huskies311. We had an amazing draft with everyone of our players being active so we were feeling pumped. We had a very solid season in which we went 11 - 3. Unfortunately, Tijuana had an astounding 13 - 1 season which gave them home field advantage throughout the playoffs. We were able to beat Kansas City and punch our ticket to the Ultimini. Luckily, San Antonio had upset Tijuana and made it to the Ultimini to face us. We beat them by a decent margin and we brought the Ultimini back to Portland.

(S21) - Ultimus Week - RotticusScott - 04-06-2020

1. Affiliate SHL

4. For my Offensive Lineman appreciation I'm going to do Myrtle Beach's very own beefy boy, Simon Tremblay. Simon is a send down just like me, and has been handing out punishment to defensive linemen like Myrtle Beach has never seen before over these past two seasons. Simon allowed one single sack the entire season, with a monstrous 53 pancakes served up. Simon has the tough job of playing center, taking the job as the quarter back of the offensive line. Even though he's not leading the league in pancakes, among centers he's ahead of the next guy by 13, and that next guy is a bot! Center is probably the hardest offensive line position to play, as you're truly the only thing between the quarterback and a big 'ol hit stick for the first few moments of a play. Simon's big brain allows him to analyze all the chaos going on in front of him pre-snap, then the skill and strength to take that defensive lineman and pancake them right onto the grass. Without him MB would be down a lineman, but they'd also be down a friend. Simon isn't our only offensive lineman in Myrtle Beach, as we also have big bad doug quail and Baaaad man Bruce Buckey, but Simon is our fearless leader at the front of the pack.

17. I would be doing a sponsorship deal for a large bank, as I have gone through the experience of max earning without having a league job. This experience has lead me to the mission of ensuring everyone in our league can get the most out of their season, and the best way to do so is through my new sponsorship. "Hi Rotticus Scott here for gib monies banking service! Here at gib monies, we make sure that every single player in the National Simulation Football League has exactly what they need to get the most TPE available to them, Monies! Our founder, Earl Sauce, believed that everyone deserved more of that sweet sweet league currency, and has made it his life goal to ensure that. Need more monies? hit up gib monies. We got your back!". This ad would play like a "hulu has live sports" ad, with me wearing a "gib monies" jersey instead of my Myrtle Beach green or Colorado red. I would also be eating a bagel throughout the entire commercial, because you know, bagel. This sponsorship is my last bit of money I need to get equipment for the season, and the last chunk I get after buying equipment will be reinvested back into gib monies banking service.

19. I'm lucky enough to be in two great locker rooms right now, but as this is going to be my last season in Myrtle Beach, I'll talk about the Beach Boy locker room. Coming into the league I was inactive for 2 weeks, and had just signed up because a big wave of my fellow major league redditball players had just signed up. I basically forgot about the league until Frost, Myrtle Beach's GM at the time, messaged me informing me I had been drafted in the 14th round by his team. I figured, what the hell, I'll check out the locker room and see whats up. Upon joining I found an extremely welcoming group of people, including many I had already been close friends with in MLR. On top of this, Frost and Cory were both so shocked that I had joined and been enthusiastic that they immediately put me to work, helping me through the rookie tasks and getting my first few bits of TPE. This quickly began the road to where I am now, chasing every little bit of TPE I can find, and becoming the best player I can be. I owe my great experiences in NSFL to the leadership at MB, and as I leave the team as a player, I will always be a bucc at heart.

(S21) - Ultimus Week - rapideagle - 04-06-2020

Quote:5) Hoisting The Trophy
Writen: no written option
Graphic: Create a graphic of your player hoisting the trophy!
[Image: Trophy.png]

Quote:15) Superstardom
Written: No written option
Graphic: Create a billboard, magazine cover, or video game cover depicting a superstar of the league.
[Image: Armstrong_Madden20.png]

Quote:17) Sponsorships
Written: You’ve been contacted to appear in a company’s ad airing during the Ultimus. What is the ad about?
Graphic: Create a graphic depicting the ad.
[Image: Trojan.png]

Quote:16) Scouting Report
Written: Write a scouting report for one of the incoming draftees in either the NSFL or DSFL.
Graphics: Create a graphic showing their stats or attributes.
[Image: Goku_Scouting.png]

(S21) - Ultimus Week - MN_Moosey - 04-06-2020

SHL Affiliate

4. OL Appreciation
The wall. A group of the largest lads known to the game. Each and every game they hold down the line and protect the offensive assets from harm. They fight in the trenches so that we may score. They take and deliver the heaviest hits, going toe to toe with players of similar size. The group of men who get no glory in this league. They simply do as they must: protect. They are unrecognized for their valiant efforts protects those we hold most dear. Without them the quarterbacks are left unprotected and sacked to no end. Without them the running backs only move inches over the line of scrimmage. Without them we are not a league of football, but rather a league of bias and hate towards the players that do so much and are without credit. The offensive linemen are players too. Down with the stigma and hate. Human players are superior to those who are bots and take up less cap space. Yet they are not heard. To which I say “Let them eat pancakes. Let them be pro bowlers. Let them be created without criticism or doubt and disgust. Let them live in the spotlight for once. Give them the fairest of rubs.”

6. Next Year
Everyone always talks about next year. “Next year will be our year” they say. But will it really? For most the answer is no. For the San Jose Sabercats, the answer may be yes. This team will be ready to compete. The young talent will be developed to a stage that they will produce at the level of other players. Call ups will happen, and the team will get ever stronger. The offense will be alive and working with quarterback Dan Wright still in his prime and the weapons around him being there as well. The defense will have a strong line with Otis Allen and Brayden Ennis manning the front and Tyron Brackenridge and Inspectah Deck just behind them. The backfield is a little shaky but the draft is right around the corner to improve that with the bright young talent just waiting to get a taste of the big league. This is a team that can surprise people. This is a team that can make a playoff push. A team that has been long bogged down in a rebuild since the glory days of winning a championship seven seasons ago. We are ready to show the league what we can do, but is the league ready for us?

[Image: egghands_scouting.png]

(S21) - Ultimus Week - Drizzy - 04-06-2020

Affiliate PT task: SHL PT (username is dankoa)

3) X-Factor

This might just be the easiest choice I could have gone with, but my X-Factor player is the man who is about to win back to back MVP trophies, the future first ballot Hall of Famer, Franklin Armstrong. As I alluded to in the last sentence, Armstrong has had a season that has demolished all others in recent QB history, and based on numbers alone could be one of the greatest of all time, setting a league record in passer rating. Armstrong posted an insane 24-2 touchdown to interception ratio and has entered the playoffs in truly dominant form. What we’ve seen here however isn’t even the main reason I’ve picked him to be the difference maker. The main factor is the simple truth that he’s been here before and done it all before successfully. Armstrong has won multiple Ultimus trophies, leading a dominant OCO team to great success in his seasons at the helm, and there’s nothing to say he won’t be able to go out and do it again this time around. He faces a tough test with a game against the Second Line tonight, but I believe he is very capable of being the difference maker in game that could go either way.

Code:
206 words

6) Next Year

I’m going to approach this task with a bit more realism than I usually would. I’ll be honest, there’s no chance the Arizona Outlaws are winning the Ultimus next season. But the season after that, I might not rule them out of so quickly. The Outlaws have a very young and talented roster already with a lot of their big names being from S18 to S21, but the huge thing in the teams favour going forward is the haul of draft picks they have as they approach the S22 NSFL Draft. We have a crazy number of picks throughout the draft, and the team is able to use them to acquire some impactful rookies who can step in and make the team better in the short term, by the time S23 comes around the team could be very much in a position to compete and have a real shot at making a playoff run. We did think that the team would perform better than it prior to this season, but I honestly believe that the season after the next is when the window really opens for the team and there’s a chance that the Outlaws can do some damage and do something that seems a very long way away from the results they achieved this season.

Code:
216 words

20) Nostalgia

My happiest memory in the league would probably be either my very first season playing in the Kansas City Coyotes as they were known back then, or winning the Ultimus trophy with the Baltimore Hawks in S10. The Coyotes one is interesting because I have very fond memories even though the situation was a total shitshow. Jiggly was the GM of the team but had been totally absent and so was fired before long, but the guys we had on the team built a great atmosphere and a really enjoyable LR. We had some guys who went on to become some big hitters in the league, including infinitempg, Speculadora and bovo. We all enjoyed hanging out and shooting the shit as well as talking sim, and I have very fond memories of that season. The Ultimus winning season with the Hawks was great for similar reasons. I had really good memories of the team atmosphere as we got to the Ultimus game, and then I felt very happy for slm and the rest of the management team when they were able to go all the way and win the trophy. Both of these are probably tied for my fondest memory on the site, here’s hoping we can go on and create some more that surpass them.

Code:
216 words

(S21) - Ultimus Week - Vorshayla - 04-06-2020

I believe the Wraiths will finally achieve their season long goal of changing the ending this year. A very convincing win in the wildcard proves that the Wraiths show up when the playoffs roll around. This is also Rayne Gordon's farewell tour on the Wraiths as he will be spending next year with Sarasota trying to guide that team into the promised land as well. With Hanyadi and Drake leading that offense, it seems that the Wraiths will finally get the monkey off their back and truly change the ending this year.

I don't believe the Hawks are as good as their record suggests as if the Wraiths are able to shut down star wide out Errol Maddox, they will have a much easier time accomplishing their goal in the Conference Championship. While I believe NOLA will come out on the other end of the bracket, they will still not be a match for this year's Wraiths as they will be your S21 Ultimus champs.

They have been close for a few years now and with their window finally fully open, they will strike while the iron is hot as this is their last chance before losing a key piece of their offense in the off season.

207 words

6) Next Year

I think San Jose is in a good position to make some competitive runs for the ultimus in a few years. They will be adding their QB of the future in Monty Jack this upcoming season and they will also have a few call ups from last year that have been earning and working hard. In addition, they have a very young core and therefore, are unlikely to be pillaged of key veterans during the expansion draft as well allowing them to keep their young core together to develop and have a super team sooner than later.

Resigning DTF and Jackson give the Cats a formidable 1-2 punch at wide out and Leon McDavid has proven himself to be an effective and elite tight end as well. San Jose also has all of their picks in this upcoming draft and will be able to pick up much needed pieces to compliment what they already have.

On the other side of the ball, PickSix and Allen proved they belong in the league to add to the defensive prowess of the cats and with Otle coming up along with other draftees in the season 22 draft the cats are poised to strike soon taking full advantage of their young core being together to form a dynasty for years to come.

218 words

13) Interview a Star - Brandon Booker MB

1) Most see you as a spiritual successor in the MB locker room to Legendary HeHateMe PickSix. How have you been able to go in and do your own thing, but also keep his spirit in the MB locker room?
2) How does it feel to be an Ultimini champ?
3) do you have any teams on your do not play for list? Who do you want to be drafted by?
4) Why is HeHateMe PIckSix your idol?

1) It's nice to be compared to HeHateMe, but we're quite different players and the team has changed a lot since the previous season. I'm not sure it would've been possible to replace the individual impact of players like HeHateMe and Prince Vegeta but the GMs have been able to build a really deep roster. The competitive spirit and drive to be the best we can be that players like HeHateMe helped to build in the locker room is very much still there and every player on the roster can be proud of how their hard work has contributed to our success this season.
2) It feels fantastic. Our goal right from the beginning of the season was to secure the number 1 seed so that we'd have HFA through the playoffs, and that's what we did. Every team improved a lot over the offseason so everyone involved with the team should feel really proud of what we accomplished.
3) I want to be drafted by any team that's impressed with me enough to make me their first or second round pick. I've had great conversations with all the GMs and scouts around the league and every team is filled with players I admire and would love to play alongside.
4) HeHateMe is one of those players who you love to have on your team, but hate to see on the opposing team. He talks trash, he winds people up and he backs it up with his play. People are desperate to see him fail because of the way he carries himself, but he just keeps getting better and better.

19) Team Culture

I think the culture in San Jose is fantastic. Going in, I wasn't too sure what to think, I had previously experienced both the good and the bad during my DSFL year. I really like how both GMs are willing to sit down and listen to your issues and try to rectify them for you. There's a lot of sincerity in that room that made a losing season both tolerable and fun. The expectations were set early and I think everyone in that LR bought in that while we are not ready to compete just yet, we are laying a very strong foundation to compete for many years to come shortly.

I really enjoy the separate meeting rooms for each player so we can have a GMs ear privately as well as discuss contract situations in addition to talking about pretty much any subject that comes up. You can tell the GMs are trying to make their LR active again and are putting in effort into doing so as well and not just letting the members fend for themselves.

I wanted to give a personal shoutout to both GMs of San Jose to let them know that their work is noticed and very appreciated. The San Jose Lockerroom is HeHateMe PickSix approved.

212 words

(S21) - Ultimus Week - Opera_Phantom - 04-06-2020

Tonight we have what can very well call the "Ultimus game a couple of days earlier". The New Orleans Second Line travel to Orange County to face the Otters. The arguably best 2 teams of the regular season, with OCO finishing with a 10-3 record, while NOLA had a 9-4 record in the ASFC. Funnily enough, these teams played 2 times this year, both ending with away wins: NOLA beat the OCO in Week 5 22-17, with OCO returning the favor in week 11, with a 17-13 win in the Big Easy.
This game will certainly be filled with great plays, with NOLA probably trying to get the best of their running game, with Forrest Gump and Marcella Toriki carrying the team, while OCO's perennial MVP candidate Franklin Armstrong will lead his team, both through passing and rushing, trying to add some more stats to his unbelievable season.
In a normal situation i would be inclined to bet on the home team, to be benefited by the home field advantage we all know is very powerful in the sim, but looking into the regular season, NOLA really has a big chance to reach the Ultimus game.
But since i predicted before that OCO will win the Ultimus, they will beat NOLA 24-17 tonight.

(213 words)

3) X-Factor

When trying to analyze a player that can really make a difference for his team, there is no way we can pass on talking about Franklin Armstrong, the Orange County Otters QB.
After guiding them to 3 straight Ultimus presences and wins, he was unable to do it again last season, when the Austin Copperheads were crowned champions. But this year, he is again on top of his game, breaking records left and right, guiding OCO to another conference final.
Since he is a season 15 player, he will enter regression next year but i do not think that will mean the end of an era in Orange County. The future hall of famer has an incredible amount of TPE and that means that, while his skills might suffer a little bit, he will still have more than enough in his tank to keep OCO at the top.
Tonight they will face NOLA, who managed to beat them on the wildcard game in season 20, so they are probably looking for revenge. Adding to that, Armstrong is the reigning MVP of the league, and getting OCO to another Ultimus would cement his application for the award in season 21.
Let us see if NOLA's defense is able to stop him or if Armstrong is to good to be stopped.

(219 words)

6) Next Year

Next year is still pretty unclear for the Arizona Outlaws. This past season they have entered rebuild mode, trying to get the foundations for an Ultimus application soon. They have a bunch of draft picks that will undoubtedly add a lot of power to the team, both in defense and offense, so spirits are high, as well as their confidence.
Likewise, obviously every other team is looking to build their chances through the most loaded draft ever, but if we look into the Outlaws roster, they have an extremely young core, led by MVP runner up in season 20, Quarterback Jay Cue, who is still 3 seasons away from starting regression.
This season's record was awful, only 3 wins and 10 losses, but some encouraging signs were found, as the team is steadily improving its TPE total.
Looking into free agency to improve the team is hard, as it is nearly impossible to attract good players to Arizona after a 3 win season, but i truly believe that the Outlaws are in a great position to build an Ultimus winning team in maybe 2 seasons. All we need are active and dedicated players, that can earn at a decent pace.
In a few seasons we can comeback to this post and see if it aged well.

(216 words)

20) Nostalgia

My fondest memory of the league is the NSFL draft where Jay Cue was picked by the Arizona Outlaws, with the 18th overall pick.
As a QB, coming into the draft was always a bit strange. Top 3, maybe 5 on TPE for that class, probably gave him a chance to go a lot higher on the draft, if only he had chosen a different position. But, with the QBs in the NSFL being either team General Managers of well known members of the community, an "outsider" has a long and hard task ahead of him to get the teams confidence.
After some decent talks with the scouts pre draft, only a couple teams really showed some interest in bringing him on board as a replacement: the Philadelphia Liberty and the Arizona Outlaws.
I was pretty sure that i would not be on the board after the 22nd OA pick that Philly had, but it was with some sadness that i saw Cue starting to fall down the ranks, as a lot of players with less TPE but with more desirable positions got picked. Remember Aaron Rodgers face in that green room? Or Johnny Manziel? Yeah, exactly.
Fortunately, the Outlaws pulled the trigger on the 2nd round, culminating a very pleasant draft experience for a newcomer.

(216 words)

(S21) - Ultimus Week - Raven - 04-06-2020

im an idiothaha dibs