International Simulation Football League
*Octavio Clemente Post Ultimini/Pre Draft Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Octavio Clemente Post Ultimini/Pre Draft Presser (/showthread.php?tid=20928)

*Octavio Clemente Post Ultimini/Pre Draft Presser - Billybolo53 - 04-08-2020

With the sounds of the locker room behind him and champagne dripping from his hair, Octavio Clemente leaves the championship celebration behind to make his way to the podium. A crowded room of reporters awaits him. The second-leading tackler at DT and now Ultimini champion steps to the mic.

“First I would like to thank everyone involved in the Myrtle Beach Organization for my time here. I am so happy I was able to be apart of bringing an Ultimini to MB. Frost and Cory have been incredible leaders and mentors to me as well as all the former buccaneers that still frequent the locker room. Vegeta, Rayne, Rapid Eagle, Leon, Picksix, John, Warren, and so many others helped instill a winning expectation from day one. I truly believe Myrtle Beach is the best DSFL franchise out there and I’m humbled to be apart of this dynasty in the making.”

“I would also like to announce from this point forward, I will be referred only by my nickname Cuco (Coo-Co). Where I’m from El Cuco is the equivalent of the boogeyman and that’s exactly what I plan on being in the NSFL. With that, I will take your questions.”

(04-09-2020, 04:19 AM)scorycory Wrote:1. You've just won a championship, what are you going to do with your time off?

2.What are your expectations for yourself in the NSFL?

3.Is there an NSFL player that you model your game off of?

4.What is your favorite NSFL color scheme/branding?

5.If you had to sit on a 12 hour flight which player/coach from MB would you want next to you?

6.Sushi?
1. No rest for the weary. Have to do my final pre-draft prep, and start getting ready for next season. I have a whole new set of challenges awaiting me next year.

2. I am walking into the NSFL a starting caliber DT. In a few season, I want to be looked at af one of the best at the position. Whether I go to a contender, rebuilding team or expansion, I want to add an Ultimus ring to go with my Ultimini ring.

3. I have followed Bubba Thumper a fair amount in Colorado. He is the top dog right now. Also love my fellow MB alum, Rapid Eagle. We are very similar in how we play so he is a guy I've looked up to quite a bit.

4. This is a tough one. It's close between the Orange County Otters and the Yellowknife Wraiths. I love the orange color scheme for the Otters. I love the branding for Wratihs. I feel like it fits the persona of who I want to be at the next level, cause its spooky.

5. Not Tom Sofa, cause i hate being sick. Not Dax cause he smells... hmmm I'd have to say Brandon Booker because as soon a he opens his mouth I get overcome with sleepiness. So yeah Brandon

6. Sushi is the best. Took me a while to get into it but its boss.

(04-09-2020, 05:19 AM)thevoicelesscreator Wrote:1. How much do you think a Ultimini win affects your draft stock?

2. Do you know where you're going  to go?

3. Can you pick your top 3 teams that you'd like to be drafted by?

1. I think it has to help. I'm coming from a winning locker room with a winning culture. I'm going to bring that attitude to any team I go to. Winning is the goal, If you don't want to win go play patty cake or legos.

2. I have no clue at this point. Almost all the NSFL teams have reached out to me on some level. Some hoping a fall to round 3 others with a little more interest than that. It could be any of about 5 teams at this point. Eagerly awaiting the draft so I can meet my new teammates.

3. 1. Sarasota Sailfish- The connection here is obvious. Frost is my current GM and has been a huge part to my success thus far. It would be ideal to reunite with him and Rain in the NSFL.

2. Orange County Otters- I love the branding and know a fair bit of people there, cause there are so many former Myrtle Beach players in OCO. I would feel right at home in their locker room and their winning culture speaks for itself.

3. I want to say Yellowknife or Honolulu, but really any team that wants me to be the centerpiece of their defensive line. If you put that faith in me I'm going to repay it tenfold.

(04-09-2020, 05:07 PM)Tesla Wrote:1. Would you prefer to control what team you are going to or what pick you are taken overall?

2. Congratulations on the win. How thrilled are you to already have a trophy?

3. How have you enjoyed this second scouting process so far?

1. Being taken high has its perks, but I think its more important to end up in the right situation. I would get picked later by the right team than early by the wrong team. Still if a team invest a high pick on you, you know they are counting on you to perform. That sort of pressure is beneficial too.

2. This win has been awesome. MB came just short of winning it all last year so being able to finsih the job is incredible. I am most proud of the fact that we got to give Frost his trophy before he moved on the the NSFL. He has been such a good leader in MB, it was everyone's goal to send him off with some hardware.

3. It's been good. I was so focused during the season that I didn't spend too much time on reaching out to other teams. Now that the season is officially over, me and my agent will go over the options and possibilities. As a prospect, I've done all I can. Just hope the NSFL Gm's recognize that

(04-09-2020, 07:34 PM)Big Edd Wrote:Best player in this draft not named OCtavio Clemente?

1. Big Edd
2. Big Edd
3. Big Edd

(04-09-2020, 09:48 PM)Troen Wrote:Hey Octavio, it's been a pleasure playing with you on the DL.  I feel like I learned a lot from working with you this season so I was wondering - what did you teach me that you were happiest about?

And in a similar vein, if we don't end up on the same NSFL team, is there anything you'd say I should teach the DTs on the new team?

Any finally, what was the first meal you had to celebrate after getting home?

1. I'm so happy we got drafted together. Our DL was the best in the DSFL this past year. Given your condition with your hands, I think we found a lot creative ways to work around that this year. You were playing like you had to clubs by the end of the year. Making big play after big play.

2. Speed kills you have to be able to get to the play to make the play. If you're not investing in speed your going to wonder why your not showing up on the stat sheet.

3. I ate ice cream. Dinner of champions, right there.

"Thank you all for you time and questions It's been a great season, one I won't ever forget."

With that final statement, Clemente steps away from the podium. He gives his father a huge hug and then makes his way back to locker room to continue the celebration with his teammates.

Ready to be graded

*Octavio Clemente Post Ultimini/Pre Draft Presser - scorycory - 04-08-2020

You've just won a championship, what are you going to do with your time off?

What are your expectations for yourself in the NSFL?

Is there an NSFL player that you model your game off of?

What is your favorite NSFL color scheme/branding?

If you had to sit on a 12 hour flight which player/coach from MB would you want next to you?

Sushi?

*Octavio Clemente Post Ultimini/Pre Draft Presser - thevoicelesscreator - 04-09-2020

How much do you think a Ultimini win affects your draft stock?

Do you know where you're going to go?

Can you pick your top 3 teams that you'd like to be drafted by?

*Octavio Clemente Post Ultimini/Pre Draft Presser - Tesla - 04-09-2020

1. Would you prefer to control what team you are going to or what pick you are taken overall?

2. Congratulations on the win. How thrilled are you to already have a trophy?

3. How have you enjoyed this second scouting process so far?

*Octavio Clemente Post Ultimini/Pre Draft Presser - Big Edd - 04-09-2020

Best player in this draft not named OCtavio Clemente?

*Octavio Clemente Post Ultimini/Pre Draft Presser - Troen - 04-09-2020

Hey Octavio, it's been a pleasure playing with you on the DL. I feel like I learned a lot from working with you this season so I was wondering - what did you teach me that you were happiest about?

And in a similar vein, if we don't end up on the same NSFL team, is there anything you'd say I should teach the DTs on the new team?

Any finally, what was the first meal you had to celebrate after getting home?

*Octavio Clemente Post Ultimini/Pre Draft Presser - thevoicelesscreator - 05-21-2020

Jesus really dragged this one from far back