International Simulation Football League
Bring back top 50 players? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Bring back top 50 players? (/showthread.php?tid=21013)

Pages: 1 2

Bring back top 50 players? - ADwyer87 - 04-11-2020

The SHL has a top 100 players in their league post every season from what I can remember. I would think it would be cool to bring back the old top 50 players in the league we used to do in the very beginning. Its supposed to be just solely based on stats, not TPE, so it can change up and be a cool talking point, or just a distraction from the duldroms of everyday life, if that is how that word is spelled.

We would just need people willing to vote on who they think is the top 50, and maybe some people willing to write if i dont have enough time to do it myself. Or if you actually enjoy writing, heck more power to you.

This isnt an official league sanctioned thing, any payment for voting, writing, or organizing comes solely through the money this makes through media, and it would be distributed fairly

if anyone is interested just let me know

Bring back top 50 players? - ValorX77 - 04-11-2020

There should be a panel of Head Office, GMs, and players to decide this.

Bring back top 50 players? - run_CMC - 04-11-2020

(04-11-2020, 04:12 PM)ValorX77 Wrote:There should be a panel of Head Office, GMs, and players to decide this.
bruh HO and GMs already got so much work to do

Bring back top 50 players? - Oles - 04-11-2020

maybe have this fall under the awards committee and make it a league thing

(04-11-2020, 03:12 PM)ValorX77 Wrote:There should be a panel of Head Office, GMs, and players to decide this.

(04-11-2020, 03:47 PM)To12143 Wrote:maybe have this fall under the awards committee and make it a league thing

I just figured ideally this wouldnt take anything away from league resources, since its really not important enough to warrant it. Just thought it would be a little way to get people involved and figured people would like to see rankings maybe

Bring back top 50 players? - Modern_Duke - 04-11-2020

oh yeah no one would get upset about this at all

Bring back top 50 players? - infinitempg - 04-11-2020

(04-11-2020, 04:18 PM)Modern_Duke Wrote:oh yeah no one would get upset about this at all

that’s the best part silly

Bring back top 50 players? - infinitempg - 04-11-2020

(04-11-2020, 04:18 PM)Modern_Duke Wrote:oh yeah no one would get upset about this at all

that’s the best part silly

Bring back top 50 players? - Oles - 04-11-2020

(04-11-2020, 04:49 PM)ADwyer87 Wrote:I just figured ideally this wouldnt take anything away from league resources, since its really not important enough to warrant it. Just thought it would be a little way to get people involved and figured people would like to see rankings maybe

I suggested it because i feel like the awards committee could have a little more to do, having been a part of it for dsfl it'd be cool to see another thing for them to do, an optional thing that doesn't have a bearing on the job they do, and doesn't happen till after they submit the final ballot for gms to decide from.

people would absolutely get upset about it haha, but if we got rid of everything people got upset about we would have to close the league :p I think it would bring a lot more positive feelings to the league than negative ones, and I think most "upset" people wouldnt be truly hurt about it, just believing they deserved better rankings, which that kind of thinking can generate interesting and constructive convos