International Simulation Football League
*Oles JR Falling? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Oles JR Falling? (/showthread.php?tid=21016)

*Oles JR Falling? - Oles - 04-11-2020

Sources around the Tyler Oles JR camp have become more and more worried that the Portland Pythons prospect could fall, even as far as into the second round. Once seen as a surefire top 3 pick, now the CB out of Maryland and son of Philadelphia Liberty legend Tyler Oles may not be taken as high as some people would expect. The Oles JR camp would not be surprised if he falls, but even those closest to him do not know what will happen if he does indeed fall to the second round of the draft. There has been increasing suspicion that the CB prospect could hold out if this does happen, depending on the team that takes him. While we could not reach him specifically, we were able to reach his father, who is his agent, Tyler Oles.

“What was once an unforeseen outcome is one we’re prepared to face when the draft happens. We don’t know whether he’s going to fall, and we could be preparing for an outcome that isn’t going to happen, but from our talks with teams as time goes on we believe they may be worried about some recent dealings from our camp in terms of Chicago.” Recently, Oles made a bid to become the GM when they were dealing with chaos and drama from not only the team but the league office. Oles was not shy about his thoughts and that could hurt his son’s chances at being a first-round pick. “It’s unfortunate, what I do has no bearing on my son and his plans. We believe teams are worried I may guide him to go back to Chicago at the first chance he gets. We believe they are worried about the wrong thing; our camp has been clear on the desires of my son and client. He wants to help a team win an Ultimus and wants to be informed by the team so that he knows what to expect. He always planned on playing out a 3-season contract with whatever team drafts him if he is drafted in the first round.”

The Oles JR camp seems to be preparing for the worst, multiple members of his camp have made it clear that they think a first-round selection for the prospect seems like a longshot. When we asked Tyler Oles about what he believes his son may do, he had this to say. “If he’s not drafted in the first round, I believe the best-case scenario is he plays one season for whatever team drafts him. He’s made it clear to me that a few teams are teams he absolutely won’t play for and will be prepared to hold out or demand being sent down to the DSFL or traded. I think his most likely destination is another season in Portland if the worst-case scenario does happen. “

We don’t know what’s going to happen with Oles JR, his camp’s expectation of him falling out of the first round could be unfounded and he could very well be the 3rd pick in the draft like some are speculating and predicting. If that does happen, then his camp has nothing to worry about, but if he does end up a second-round pick, or lower, then the NSFL may see one of the highest profile holdout situations in recent memory. His uncle Kazimir faked like he was going to holdout if drafted 2nd overall by the SaberCats, but that turned out to be a ruse to cause some chaos. Will Tyler Oles JR follow the same fate, or will he hold out like the camp thinks could happen if the wrong team takes him. Before we ended the interview with his father and agent, Tyler Oles had one last thing to say. “If he is not a first-round pick, expect him to become a free agent and expect him to decide where he’s going to go himself. He may never play for the team that drafts him, and may opt to go back to the DSFL in hopes of winning the Ultimini with Portland. Everything is in question if he’s not a first round pick, he may not even play CB if he isn’t a first round pick, being the ultimate free agent, going to whatever position and being an open book for the team that does pick him up.”

The camp made it clear that he expects to be a first-round pick, and that he views himself as the best prospect in the draft, but even his father has doubts that he will be one at this point. He’s made it clear to his son that some teams may pass on a clear talent as they’re too worried about controversy that Oles JR never even took part in. A former GM, player, and current agent, Oles knows how the game is played in the front office, and even told his son that he has skipped out on a player who may have been a better talent because they were unsure that he was going to play a majority of their career for the team he was a GM for. Oles has a unique look inside the draft process, having been a part of it in every phase, so we’ll see whether his expectations come to fruition and see if his client really does fall out of the first round.

(896 words, ready for grading)

*Oles JR Falling? - Isidore94 - 04-11-2020

I can see him dropping to the 3rd tbh. There's a lot of good kickers in this draft that will push Oles Jr back

*Oles JR Falling? - NamelessNate - 04-11-2020

Tom Sofa would also like to announce that he will babyrage, hold out, and sign with the Chicago Butchers after one season if not taken in the first round.

*Oles JR Falling? - MrStennett - 04-12-2020

(04-11-2020, 10:21 PM)NamelessNate Wrote:Tom Sofa would also like to announce that he will babyrage, hold out, and sign with the Chicago Butchers after one season if not taken in the first round.

As a member of the Butchers War Room, I can’t say I endorse this kind of destructive behavior. As a Butchers player, please come and bring your friends!

*Oles JR Falling? - NamelessNate - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 12:55 PM)MrStennett Wrote:As a member of the Butchers War Room, I can’t say I endorse this kind of destructive behavior. As a Butchers player, please come and bring your friends!
Since none of us have teams I can legally tamper, yes?

*Oles JR Falling? - Oles - 04-12-2020

(04-11-2020, 10:21 PM)NamelessNate Wrote:Tom Sofa would also like to announce that he will babyrage, hold out, and sign with the Chicago Butchers after one season if not taken in the first round.

Only difference is tom sofa sucks

Seriously though there's no guarantee I do any of this when the draft happens and if I'm not in the first round. I've already pulled something like this before that was a joke and meant in good fun. We'll see what happens when it happens but I don't have any plans until it comes time to make the decision

*Oles JR Falling? - NamelessNate - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 05:22 PM)To12143 Wrote:Only difference is tom sofa sucks
smh Tom Sofa boutta be the biggest draft mover (no where to go but up lol)