International Simulation Football League
*Darkness Rising and Kai Sakura - WR S23 Prospect - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Darkness Rising and Kai Sakura - WR S23 Prospect (/showthread.php?tid=21034)

*Darkness Rising and Kai Sakura - WR S23 Prospect - Jangorhino - 04-12-2020

Here’s another hot take from a S23 prospect! This dude came in and lit up the entire office with his vibe. In the interview he let me know all about his player, and I’m impressed!

Here’s what he had to say.

Brother Darkness, thanks for coming in! I know you’re a busy dude and I appreciate the time.

What’s been the biggest challenge for you in your rookie season?

I think my biggest challenge is being able to consistently be an active member in the Locker Room. I'm an Aussie so time zones are very off since the large majority would be American based. Need to find a way to still be active whilst being on the other side of the world to achieve success for whatever team i end up on.

What do you look forward to in S22?

I look forward to seeing my player's growth over the season. Slowly seeing, hopefully, their stats and player ability increase and the recognizability of their name. I want to end the season being a recognizable name from the DSFL season, someone that was both good on the field and active on the servers.

What’s your favorite thing about the league thus far?

Favourite thing so far is all the random banter that takes place in the team's Locker Rooms. Its just random thoughts and conversations between people confusing everyone and its just a bunch of laughs. Can't wait to be drafter and really get in to my teams one.

Those were ice breakers. Here’s some hard hitting draft related stuff.

What round do you see yourself being drafted?

I see myself being drafted at around the round 5-7 mark. What i saw of the last draft was WR tend to go steadily after the first couple of rounds and as of now, there isn't too many to pick from though that can be expected to increase. I feel as though i have a solid base so far and got some ground on the others that would make me be picked before them.

What makes you marketable?

I already have a solid base of TPE stored, one of the highest out of all the rookie WR currently. With mentorship from my brother who is already in the league, i have a head start as to how to effectively make money and earn TPE, meaning i need less investment to be as productive as possible. I am also a team first guy, i don't mind sitting out of games or spending TPE in the stats my gm needs me to for a certain role he has me down for, i will do what i gotta do. I am also quite loyal, whichever team drafts me both in the DSFL and NSFl in the future, will always be meaningful to me and i like the idea of trying to be a One team player.

What have you done differently to stand out?

I don't think i have done too much differently as of right now. I plan to start leaning into my knowledge of Psychology to write media articles about the importance of the mind working with the body in unison in sport and hopefully that makes me a known name in the league over time.

Being drafted in what round would be a disappointment to you, and how would you handle that situation?

Not so much a round, rather i would be disappointed if i was either drafted in the bottom half of rookies or bottom half of players in my position. It would be disappointing to know that potentially, the GM's didn't see me as a good enough prospect to be taken earlier or over another WR in the draft. I would make the Gm of the team i do get drafted knows that i am determined to prove everyone else wrong, show them that it was a mistake to pass over me and that i will prove to be a better prospect than what anyone else though

This dude is as solid a prospect as I’ve come across! Very impressive take on everything at such an early stage.

Keep an eye out for Brother Darkness and Kai Sakura in season 22 for sure!

Thanks y’all for checking in! Keep an eye out for more.

To whom it may concern:
50/50 cash split on all this interview please!