International Simulation Football League
*Buck Thornton Safety S22 Grey Ducks - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Buck Thornton Safety S22 Grey Ducks (/showthread.php?tid=21037)

*Buck Thornton Safety S22 Grey Ducks - Jangorhino - 04-12-2020

Alright y’all, got to really pump the brakes and chill on this one. This guy should need no introduction, but I’m so excited to have him in today. He’s a bona fide superstar in the making. He’s right there among the elite S22 players. He’s a leader in the Grey Ducks LR and his on-field performance speaks for itself! You know him, you love him, you want to be him, you want your kid to marry him, you want him on your team and in your life! You can tell, I’m ecstatic to bring you Mr. Buck Thornton!

Buck! What the fuck is up sir! Now that the intro is out of the way, let’s get to these questions and get you out of here! I know how busy you are, and again I just wanna say thanks to you and your staff for making this possible!

What’s been the biggest challenge for you in your rookie season?

The biggest challenge this season was our on-field play in Minnesota. We have a ton of fun, and I love all my teammates, but I think this season isn’t ever going to sit well with me. When I was picked by the Grey Ducks, I was ecstatic. Two-time defending champs? I knew we were going to be great, especially after I saw the rest of our draft class. I think most of us thought we were a lock for a return trip to the Ultimini. We knew with the huge S22 class that everyone’s draft was pretty good, but I don’t think we realized just how good some of the other teams were until Dallas beat us. That was a wakeup call to us, but at that point it was too late. We didn’t take care of business this season, and that’s going to bother me for a long time.

What do you look forward to in S22?

This depends a lot on what happens Friday night. If I get picked up by one of the expansion teams I’m going to be very excited to set a tone in the locker room and be a part of that team’s history. There’s a couple teams that, if they draft me, would send me back to Minnesota for a year, which honestly I would be very excited for - we definitely have some unfinished business to take care of. Either way, going into my second year, I feel like I have a much better idea of how everything works around the league, so I’m excited to see where my career goes next season.

What’s your favorite thing about the league thus far?

The locker room. I really love all these guys in Minnesota. We went crazy when things deserved celebration, and we offered a lot of solace to each other when things weren’t going well (mostly the latter). I was just happy we were able to end the season on a high note. I’ll miss that place if I can’t come back.

Those were ice breakers. Here’s some hard hitting draft related stuff. What round do you see yourself being drafted?

I see myself as a first rounder. I was the 8th overall pick in the DSFL draft this season, and I was a max earner, I was active in the locker room, and I had a pretty good stat line. It’s not a secret that my draft stock has fallen. I try not to take it personally - I know it’s mostly because other players have been able to stand out in other ways - but I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt. But it’s out of my hands. All I can do now is put in the work and see where the chips fall.

What makes you marketable?

I try to keep things positive and motivating all the time. I like to work hard and encourage everyone around me to do the same. I like growing and watching people grow and become better versions of themselves, on and off the field. And this manifests itself in the locker room.

What have you done differently to stand out?

I have the most endurance in the entire S22 class. I’m not quite the fastest - I’m not that far off - but as the game wears on I’m able to go when they’re not. And that will only show more as my speed increases at the next level.

Being drafted in what round would be a disappointment to you, and how would you handle that situation?

If I’m drafted after the first round it will always feel like I didn’t do enough. I know I’m looking more like a second or third rounder right now, and I’m okay with that. Especially if it means going to the best team fit for me. That’s what’s most important.

No matter where I’m drafted I’m going to be grateful. I’m getting to do something that not anyone else does. But one of those things is I get to hurt people. I get to lay the pain on receivers as they try to get open in my zone. And what I’m saying is…..if I fall past the third round, I wouldn’t want to be a receiver in the NSFL.

Ok! Buck, thanks a million for the love! My dude. Alright y’all! That was it. Hot take from one of the legit superstars of tomorrow. You won’t have to look too far down the draft list to find this guy’s name.

Top earner, big time LR guy, all around titan!

One love!

What a day

To whom it may concern. 50/50 split on the dinero please