International Simulation Football League
*REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties (/showthread.php?tid=21068)

*REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties - FurFurFurson - 04-12-2020

Prior the S21 DSFL draft, I posted this article ranking the S22 safeties. Now let's take a look at how accurate it was.

Here’s a recap from last season's article:

Tier 1:
1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Johnny Hellzapoppin
3. Shawn Dawkins
4. Buck Thornton
5. Jimmy Cooks

[b]Tier 2:[/b]
6. Quinn Hughes
7. Wesley Eriksen
8. Eric Barlow
9. Matt “Son of Havoc” Cross

[b]Tier 3:[/b]
10. Hamish MacAndrew
11. Abbas Muhammad
12. Hengwei Luo

[b]Tier 4:[/b]
13. LiterallyJust A. Hexagon
14. Cosmo Kramer
15. Calum Auron
16. Thom Shaylor

Tier 5:
17. Joshua Vanger
18. Michael Lee
19. Jordan Davis
20. A-Aron Balakae
21. C.D. Waldo
22. Magnus Valdyr
23. Zakary Duke

Alright, now for the review.

Sebastian Vettel - preseason rank 1, postseason rank 8

@Phalanx32 came out of the gate hotter than anyone. However, life happens and he was unable to stay fully active for the entire season. But now he looks to be back and has put out some media and is back on discord. Don’t sleep on Sebby’s NSFL value.

Johnny Hellzapoppin - preseason rank 2, postseason rank 2

Looks like I got at least 1 right. @Colabear started strong and ended strong. He got a job as simmer for the DSFL and performed on the field for Myrtle Beach as well. Many mocks have Johnny being the first safety off the board, and rightfully so.

Shawn Dawkins - preseason rank 3, postseason rank 6

@Number 82 is not the most vocal guy, but he has quietly amassed a sizable amount of TPE. Most of his contributions come in the form of graphics, and while I cannot speak to his team locker room presence, I know he is steadily active in the S22 DB server. Dawkins is looking like a mid-round pick in most mocks. Teams will be getting incredible value with him.

Buck Thornton - preseason rank 4, postseason rank 3

Easily the most handsome safety in the draft.

Jimmy Cooks - preseason rank 5, postseason rank 16

This was my first very wrong rank. Cooks had 16 ungraded TPE in his first update due to improper linking and never came back to correct it. He was drafted 55th overall by the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers but hasn’t been seen since March 8th.

Quinn Hughes - preseason rank 6, postseason rank 4

I called @Isidore94 “a solid mid-round draft pick” but even that was undervaluing. London grabbed Hughes in the fifth round, 41st overall, and Hughes never looked back. Now the 4th highest TPE for a safety, active in the forum and on discord (I believe), Hughes could very well be an early round pick in the NSFL draft.

Wesley Eriksen - preseason rank 7, postseason rank 5

Ahh @Lightnoir. I love this guy. He’s always so positive, kind, and encouraging. He’s a great personality for this league. On the original article, he posted “don't anyone go sleeping on Wes Erisken” and boy was he right. While Eriksen doesn’t quite crack the upper echelon of TPE in this very stacked class, his activity, personality, and work on the awards committee has him mocking as the third safety off the board. Well done Wes!

Eric Barlow - preseason rank 8, postseason rank 7

@Thiath has been extremely active on the forum and is becoming a well-known personality. He is a media monster. Barlow is reflecting that in his performance and should be considered in the top group of active players coming into the draft.

Matt “Son of Havoc” Cross - preseason rank 9, postseason rank 1

I didn’t have @J0EB THAT low in last year’s article, but I definitely didn’t have him high enough. Cross came out of the gates at full cry and all of us have been eating his dust trying to catch up. As much as I want to have a heated rivalry with him, J0EB is super fun and nice in discord and I have nothing but good things to say about him. Cross and Hellzapoppin will be the first two safeties off the board on Friday.

Hamish MacAndrew - preseason rank 10, postseason rank 9

This was probably my most accurate pick. I had the tier 2 to tier 3 break between Cross and MacAndrew, and while Cross rose a lot, MacAndrew is about in the same spot. With @IthicaHawk you’re not going to get the most active player ever, but he is diligent about keeping his player updated. That is exactly what GM’s will be looking for in the middle rounds.

Abbas Muhammad - preseason rank 11, postseason rank 13

@stupiduglyidiot has been steady with predictions and triva. He will probably see another season in the DSFL but will be able to contribute in the NSFL in a couple seasons.

LiterallyJust A. Hexagon - preseason rank 13, postseason rank 10

While not rising incredibly high in the TPE ranks, @JPach had an incredibly productive season in the stat books and is in the running for DPOY in the DSFL. Obviously the sim likes him, so as long as he is active he will be a producer in this league.

Magnus Valdyr - preseason rank 22, postseason rank 11

Valdyr was the biggest riser in these rankings. @KamiCommie has been a dilligent TPE earner and was a big piece of the Tijuana defense this season. He’s showing no signs of slowing down and should be a mid-round pickup for any NSFL team.

Hengwei Luo - preseason rank 12, postseason rank T19

Luo went inactive after March 6th and hasn’t claimed any TPE since my original article.

Cosmo Kramer - preseason rank 14, postseason rank T19

Kramer also went inactive shortly after the draft.

Calum Auron - preseason rank 15, postseason rank 17

Auron got one update in, but nothing after that.

Thom Shaylor - preseason rank 16, postseason rank none

Shaylor retired before the start of the season.

Joshua Vanger - preseason rank 17, postseason rank none

Vanger posted an update thread with no links then vanished into the night.

Michael Lee - preseason rank 18, postseason rank 15

Lee got a couple updates in, but went inactive after March 9th.

Jordan Davis - preseason rank 19, postseason rank ?

Davis was drafted by the Birddogs but never updated? Don’t ask me what happened there.

A-Aron Balakae - preseason rank 20, postseason rank 18

Balakae got an update in before going inactive.

C.D. Waldo - preseason rank 21, postseason rank T19

Waldo made his last post before the draft. Guess we couldn’t have two Waldos in Minnesota.

Zakary Duke - preseason rank 23, postseason rank n/a (50 TPE)

I said about duke in the preseason “should be confirmed alive before drafting.” Well, he is still not confirmed alive, but was drafted 222nd by the SeaWolves.

Current TPE Breakdown:
1. Matt “Son of Havoc” Cross - 220
2. Johnny Hellzapoppin - 215
3. Buck Thornton - 214
4. Quinn Hughes - 209
5. Wesley Eriksen - 200
6. Shawn Dawkins - 199
7. Eric Barlow - 196
8. Sebastian Vettel - 179
9. Hamish MacAndrew - 165
10. LiterallyJust A. Hexagon - 155
11. Magnus Valdyr - 151
12. Brendan Lanier - 131
13. Abbas Muhammad - 106
14. Ed Ball - 85
15. Michael Lee - 73
16. Jimmy Cooks - 67
17. Calum Auron - 60
18. A-Aron Balake - 59
T19. Hengwei Luo - 57
T19. Cosmo Kramer - 57
T19. C.D. Waldo - 57

Overall, my original article was actually pretty accurate. Some guys stepped up to the challenge and rose a lot, and others went inactive, which is to be expected. There are a lot of good safeties in this draft. See everyone next year with another review!

*REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties - Lightnoir - 04-12-2020

I really appreciate that you seem to thank highly of me man, I think you're a really great dude too and you're one of the guys that's inspired me to keep getting as much TPE as possible! You can't slip when you've got these brilliant players you're gonna be compared to haha!

*REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties - Thiath - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 08:17 PM)FurFurFurson Wrote:Eric Barlow - preseason rank 8, postseason rank 7

If there's one thing I'm good at, it's being incredibly average

*REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties - mithrandir - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 09:17 PM)FurFurFurson Wrote:I know he is steadily active in the S22 DB server.

What S22 DB server? I feel like I should be in this

*REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties - Thiath - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 10:23 PM)mithrandir Wrote:What S22 DB server? I feel like I should be in this

There's a DB server?

*REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties - J0EB - 04-12-2020

Quote:As much as I want to have a heated rivalry with him, J0EB is super fun and nice in discord and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Thanks for the love Fur, honestly I feel the exact same, this class of safeties is full of such incredible talent and they're all great guys too. We don't talk much but I enjoy it when we do cause you're a cool dude. Good luck in the draft! We'll see where we all land on Friday.

*REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties - FurFurFurson - 04-13-2020

(04-12-2020, 08:23 PM)mithrandir Wrote:What S22 DB server? I feel like I should be in this

@mirthrandir @Thiath what are your discord names?

*REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties - Thiath - 04-13-2020

(04-13-2020, 01:05 AM)FurFurFurson Wrote:@mirthrandir @Thiath what are your discord names?

I'm fairly certain they're both the same as on here

*REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties - IthicaHawk - 04-13-2020

If y’all could toss me an invite to that DB server too that’d be awesome

*REVIEW: Ranking the S22 Safeties - mithrandir - 04-13-2020

@FurFurFurson It's spelled mithrandir