International Simulation Football League
*S22 - Hamish MacAndrew - Pre NSFL draft presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S22 - Hamish MacAndrew - Pre NSFL draft presser (/showthread.php?tid=21096)

*S22 - Hamish MacAndrew - Pre NSFL draft presser - IthicaHawk - 04-13-2020

Madainn mhath, Hamish MacAndrew is joining us to answer your questions.

MacAndrew was drafted 90th overall by the expansion team, Dallas Birddogs. There, he racked up 69 tackles (leading the strong safety position) over 14 games. MacAndrew has declared for the S22 NSFL draft and is excited to take your questions.

Pre-DSFL draft presser

(04-13-2020, 10:48 AM)benstackinpaper Wrote:Where do you rank yourself among the other safeties in this draft class? Putting up solid numbers in the DSFL this season, would it be disrespectful to you if you were drafted in the late single-digit rounds? How would those feelings manifest themselves on the field next season?

Thanks for your questions, I'll answer them one at a time. I'd definately rank myself in the top 10, possibly the top 5 but I acknowledge there's work to be done if I want to be the number one safety in the league but I'm working with my trainers and my team to reach that point. I had a slow start this season in the DSFL but, as the season progressed, I started to find my stride. Disrespect is a strong word and I don't necessarily think dropping in the draft would be disrespectful. Teams have different needs in the draft and I can understand that. I hope that a team that does need depth at the safety position won't simply pass me over however. I'd rather be drafted lower into a team that needs me than drafted high to warm a bench.

(04-13-2020, 11:11 AM)gucci Wrote:Have any teams stood out to you in the pre-draft scouting process?

A number of teams reached out to me over the last few weeks. The two that jump out to me are the Copperheads and the Hahalua who both invited me to their locker rooms. The atmosphere in both feels positive and like places I'd want to be.

(04-13-2020, 11:11 AM)gucci Wrote:Any goals you have for your NSFL career?
Get more interceptions. Ya boi gonna get some 6s

(04-13-2020, 12:03 PM)HalfEatenOnionBagel Wrote:Any particular players you're looking forward to getting to play with or against at the NSFL level?

I'm looking forward to playing against some of my Dallas teammates. There's always an exciting bit of rivalry with them. White Goodman for example, our RB. He'll be a challenge for sure.

(04-13-2020, 12:03 PM)HalfEatenOnionBagel Wrote:Free safety or strong safety? Why?

Tough, I've played both in my career (pre-pro) and I always seemed to prefer the role of the strong safety. There's a bit more variety to the position. You might be deep one play have to keep up with some speedy WRs and the next you might be down with the LBs.

(04-13-2020, 12:03 PM)HalfEatenOnionBagel Wrote:What should teams know about you that makes you stand out from other prospects?
I have a very good and full beard. Additionally, I consider myself a true team player. I'm willing to do more than most to ensure the team suceeds.

(04-13-2020, 12:03 PM)HalfEatenOnionBagel Wrote:If a biopic is eventually made about your football career what actor would you want to portray you?
I would play myself. Failing that Kristofer Hivju.

*S22 - Hamish MacAndrew - Pre NSFL draft presser - benstackinpaper - 04-13-2020

Where do you rank yourself among the other safeties in this draft class? Putting up solid numbers in the DSFL this season, would it be disrespectful to you if you were drafted in the late single-digit rounds? How would those feelings manifest themselves on the field next season?

*S22 - Hamish MacAndrew - Pre NSFL draft presser - gucci - 04-13-2020

Have any teams stood out to you in the pre-draft scouting process?

Any goals you have for your NSFL career?

*S22 - Hamish MacAndrew - Pre NSFL draft presser - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 04-13-2020

Any particular players you're looking forward to getting to play with or against at the NSFL level?

Free safety or strong safety? Why?

What should teams know about you that makes you stand out from other prospects?

If a biopic is eventually made about your football career what actor would you want to portray you?