International Simulation Football League
*Meet the (first) Sailfish! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Meet the (first) Sailfish! (/showthread.php?tid=21114)

*Meet the (first) Sailfish! - RainDelay - 04-13-2020

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hi all, RD here! Big Grin

Tonight is the night when a franchise is born!

[Image: SailfishLogo.png?width=702&height=702]
Admittedly, it was getting kinda lonely in sunny Sarasota with just my wonderful co-GM @Frostbite , our shiny new Free Agent quarterback @WALDO and myself.

Luckily we had the expansion draft to bring in some awesome new players. We were incredibly happy with how the draft went down, and we just cannot wait to show off the new Sailfish. I felt that it would be incredibly "sailfish" of us to not share these players with the world.

First, we selected...

WR Dexter Banks II @TropicaliaCC

The prize of our expansion draft, we knew there was no other direction in which to go. Trop was my GM for a little bit back when I was in Kansas City and is a very strong earner with 871 TPE as of right now. Dexter Banks will team up with my player, Rayne Gordon, to form an incredibly formidable wide receiver tandem.

Next...

DE Fabricio Baldari @Sermokala

What more could we want from our first defensive player in history than a defensive end with a lot of TPE. We were actually shocked that he was still on the board, so we jumped on it immediately. He will be one of (no spoilers) the anchors on the D-Line!

Then we went and got...

DE Steco Ocewilder @soppychico

Another DE! You ever hear that saying "two DE's are better than one"? No? Well, I made it up, but we know it to be true. An active DE at that, we were thrilled to add Steco right after we just grabbed Baldari, and with those two on the edge, opposing QBs should be looking out.

Sticking with the defense, we added...

CB Jordan Andrews @RaiderNation

Let's head to the secondary. Jordan Andrews is exactly the type of player we can trust to lock down opposing WR1, and we are thrilled he's a Sailfish. I thought that NOLA would have protected him, but their loss is our gain with Andrews, for sure!

Another player who we are beyond excited about is...

WR Laszlo Forty-Two @C9Van

Laszlo and I will finally get to share a locker room after all this time. Laszlo also has a little surprise for his player, and I'm not sure how many know it yet. I'll let him share, since it'll be happening soon anyways. Either way, we are stoked to add him!

Then, the one-named wonder...

S Beat @DonnoMania

Getting someone with a league job in the expansion draft this late is pretty awesome if you ask me! Beat is one of our resident graphics graders, so get on their good side if you like to do weekly submissions! Smile Beat is also a safety, so they will help lock down the secondary just like Andrews just two picks before. Beat also has one name, so Beat is cool.

Imagine getting someone who has 1000 TPE and is active late in the expansion draft. That could never happen. Oh wait, maybe it could...

CB Lucas Knight @ven_knight

WOW! We know that Lucas Knight is in regression, but how could we pass him up. Still with enough TPE to be very effective for a few seasons, Knight is the sort of player that we're looking to add for good play on the field, and helping our draft prospects (seriously, no spoilers) off the field!

Our next player is one we know and love...

DE Mike Franchet @DeadlyPlayer

I'll be honest, I don't like Franch. I LOVE Franch! Franch is a really cool guy who we are thrilled to add to the locker room. He might not have the most TPE, but he's got heart! He also still has enough TPE to be an effective DL (more on that at a different time), so we are beyond happy to have him.

After that...

S Chase Jensen @dizzyDC

Chase Jensen was a prototypical late add. He's inactive, but has a good build and we think he will turn into something great for us. *cough*

I don't know how someone with this name will survive in Florida, but we got...

DT Freezer Riposte @Mavfatha

Riposte is one season away from being auto-retired. He's a placeholder for when we eventually address the DT need. Mavfatha is cool and we hope he joins the LR anyway!

We got the player of a legend...

TE Johnny Blaze @JBLAZE_THE_BOSS

Mike Boss is GOATED, end of story. Johnny Blaze is...well... serviceable, and that's all we can ask for.

To close out the draft, we added...

K Diego Espinoza @Reon

Well, we needed a kicker, and this was our only option left. Reon, if you see this I hope you come join the LR so we can say hi!

Anyways, I am so genuinely happy to add each and every player here. You all have been selected for something special, and I'm proud to be your GM. We haven't even stepped on the field yet, but I'm loving how this team is coming together. What you all can expect from us is a team that puts emphasis on two things. One is easy, and that's having fun. Our LR will be a place to talk about anything, and get to know each other and make some new friends, since who doesn't love to do that in a sim league. The second emphasis is on a commitment to winning. Now a commitment to winning does not mean we will be 13-0 next season, not at all. What it means is that our players will grow together and improve together as a family, with winning being the Ultimate(us) goal! It will be a process, but I assure you we have a plan! The Sailfish will be among the ranks of the league's best in due time. We hope you will support us on our journey.

Being an expansion GM is fun!

RD out.
[/div]

SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR

*Meet the (first) Sailfish! - C9Van - 04-13-2020

Yes hello.

*Meet the (first) Sailfish! - RaiderNation - 04-13-2020

SAR SAR SAR SAR

*Meet the (first) Sailfish! - ValorX77 - 04-13-2020

Should’ve picked leaf.. now I’m stuck in heck.

*Meet the (first) Sailfish! - soppychico - 04-13-2020

SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR

*Meet the (first) Sailfish! - slothfacekilla - 04-13-2020

(04-13-2020, 05:09 PM)RaiderNation Wrote:SAR  SAR  SAR  SAR

This hurts the sloth

*Meet the (first) Sailfish! - Frostbite - 04-13-2020

SAR SAR SAR SAR SAR

*Meet the (first) Sailfish! - moonlight - 04-14-2020

Got a couple of my guys I see Sad

@JBLAZE_THE_BOSS, @TropicaliaCC

*Meet the (first) Sailfish! - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 04-14-2020

Nice haul