International Simulation Football League
*All or Nothing Ep.6 Something to Show the Scouts - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *All or Nothing Ep.6 Something to Show the Scouts (/showthread.php?tid=21159)

*All or Nothing Ep.6 Something to Show the Scouts - 2Burkeulosis - 04-14-2020

Previously on All or Nothing

Commissioner Bex: With the second pick of the 2036 DSFL draft the London Royals select Colby Jack quarterback Oregon University.

Reggie Shakesphere: Ultimini HERE WE COME!

Nick Kaepercolin: I think the Royals are a great team with a lot of potential

Derred de Ville: They say that somewhere between 40 and 55% of DSFL players are out of a job by their first year. At the end of the day this is a results based business and if they’re not getting the results they expect from you they’re gonna bring in people who can deliver.

Sir Deadly Player: We will not be going to the playoffs this year.

A/N Interview Room

Sandro Ryeu: The last couple of weeks have been tough for everyone in the locker room myself included. We all felt like we were much better then our record. There were just so many unlucky moments in those games where most of us thought: “this will not happen to us next week!” and it did. Our season is over before playing our last game so this last one is just going to be for the stats and for the teammates. You want to have something to show the scouts you know (Sandro laughs) and this will probably be the last time I play on the same team with some of these guys. It is going to be tough to see my friend Derred De Ville, who played linebacker next to me, in a different jersey than mine but it just makes some room for a fun competition as well. Let us also be honest the rivalries I will have with any ex-royal is most likely to only be on the field.

Royals@Pythons

Narrator: The final game of the season is an absolute blowout for the Royals. With nothing to play for the Royals players lack the motivation necessary to seize victory. Sandro Ryeu’s two sacks are one of the few bright spots on the Royals stat sheet this day. Every season ends in the DSFL but only one ends in confetti.

Cris Colinsworth: The Coyotes are not going to be able score here and so the final score is going to be 27-10. Ladies and Gentlemen allow me to be the first to present to you your season 21 Ultimini Champions the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers!

Narrator: For the rest the season ends in garbage bags.

Royals Locker Room Closing Day

Sir Deadly Player: (The Royals players are cleaning out their locker room as Sir Deadly Player and the Duke of Modern motion to the players to gather around) I know for many this wasn't the season they wanted. That being said I am proud of all of you for great performances, building a type of culture that rivals even the best of teams, and never quitting. Now the exciting part starts for you guys, going to the big leagues! Have fun with the process, and I know you guys will succeed!

Duke of Modern: I want you guys to move on be the best you can be… Having said that. I will gladly accept everyone back with open arms.

Narrator: Life in the DSFL is one of constant change. Soon NSFL teams will swoop in and take the players that they feel are ready for the next level of competition. Sir Deadly and Duke Modern will have to start over again from scratch. They are the lucky ones. Dallas GM Gucci announced that he was stepping down as the Birddogs GM shortly after the end of the regular season. For their role in leading the Royals to a 5-9 record Duke and Deadly’s reward is that they get to keep their job for at least one more season.

KRFM 88.5

Reggie Shakesphere: Well the season is officially over now. The city of London now gets to enjoy all the excitement and speculation that comes with the off season. It was a real exciting first season full of ups and downs. If i’m being perfectly honest this team was totally good enough to make the playoffs. They were able to stay competitive amongst some fierce competition and they were in it up until almost the very end. I think because they’re such a young team they got a little over confident, didn’t pay their elders the proper respects and got burned because of it. Hopefully they’re able to make some deals happen in free agency, hopefully the NSFL decides that most of these guys need some more time to develop, and hopefully they’re able to draft this year. I think Colby Jack could use a few more weapons on offense, maybe another tight end. That O-line definitely needs some work and if we could get a goddamn kicker that can consistently hit in between the uprights from more than 30 yards away that would be great.
Finally I want to say a few words about our players from hometown hero Derred de Ville to Claude Miller II who joined our team almost halfway through the season and immediately changed our team for the better. Then on offense we have what I think is going to be a future NSFL hall of famer Colby Jack and Acura Skyline whose 74 yard miracle run in overtime is going to be a staple in Royals’ highlight videos for years to come. I think I speak for all of London when I say thank you to all the players for bringing football to our city.

Narrator: In the end the Royals inaugural season will be remembered as a team that dared to ask the question. Can an all rookie team go the distance in this league? In a season full of promise and hope the young Royals ultimately fell short of their goal. The Royals gave as good as they got winning games that many declared unwinnable and forcing their opponents to put in the work for their victories. The Royals players now collectively look towards the future excited at the endless possibilities. They take solace in the fact that when the chips were down the Royals gave it their all.

End of season one

1031 words
Special thanks to @s4ndr0p for 171 words

*All or Nothing Ep.6 Something to Show the Scouts - s4ndr0p - 04-14-2020

Can you please get drafted to the same team as I do? I will miss your All or Nothing series. This series has to be among the top 3 media pieces I ever read in here. Good luck in the future, Sue!

*All or Nothing Ep.6 Something to Show the Scouts - WildfireMicro - 04-14-2020

Its always important to try your best