International Simulation Football League
*Matthew McDairmid Pre-Draft Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Matthew McDairmid Pre-Draft Presser (/showthread.php?tid=21161)

*Matthew McDairmid Pre-Draft Presser - Matty7478 - 04-14-2020

Code:
Ready to be graded, Hopefully it gets 1.5x cause it was finished before end of extra draft media period?

Hi everyone, punting extraordinaire Matthew McDairmid here. I decided it was about time to do one of these cause it's nearly draft time, and that brings the perfect opportunity to do something fun like this. Throw some questions my way!

(04-14-2020, 09:58 PM)Baron1898 Wrote:Why is kicker/punter the best position in the league?

What a great question to start on! Kicker/Punter is obviously the best position in the league, and anyone who says any differently is just not paying attention. Kickers and Punters decide games in ways people in other positions just can't. In the punt game, we do our best to try and flip the field and give our defence the best chance of holding the other team scoreless after our offence had a misstep. And in the placekicking game, we score the points that carry our team over the top when things get as close as possible. I would say that K/P also doubles as the most underappreciated part of the team by some teams. Good Kicker/Punters can make the difference, and I look forward to proving that to be the case throughout the rest of my career.

(04-14-2020, 09:58 PM)Baron1898 Wrote:Where do you see potential landing spots for McDairmid?

Because of how this league views Kicker/Punters currently, there are some teams who need players like myself and some teams who sadly do not. After each drafting a Kicker/Punter in the expansion draft, I find it unlikely that the expansion teams will evolve into landing places at this point. Outside of there, however, the options are decently open. The teams that lost their K/Ps - Chicago and Philly - will be in the market for a new player in that spot, so there is potential there. And of course there are positions throughout the rest of the league that I feel would be great for my development in the long run, as I would get a chance to develop further in the DSFL before truly making the jump to the NSFL level.

On a personal note, if I were to be asked where I want to go more than anything my response would be... I don't really have a preferred destination. Every team that has discussed the draft with me so far have been thorough and friendly, and truly want the same kind of things that I do in the long run. Wherever I land, I will give my all for them, and nothing less - because that's just how I am wired to be.

(04-14-2020, 09:58 PM)Baron1898 Wrote:Why is McDairmid a worse punter than Venus Powers?

For those of you who don't know (and that may be a lot of you - too many of you guys don't pay attention to us K/Ps, it's sad), Venus Powers is now the Kicker/Punter for the Honolulu Hahalua, and was very impressive for the Liberty since being drafted there. I have a lot of respect for Venus as a kicker - she has shown the NSFL what it means to be a top level Kicker/Punter in all facets of the game, especially punting. It will be fun to continue watching her performances as I make my way into the NSFL. Now, in my current level of play, it wouldn't be fair to compare myself to a top-calibre player like that of Powers. I'm just a promising rookie, she is one of the top players in the entire league at the position. In a few years, if I manage to get into the same conversation as players like Venus and Alex D, then I will be truly proud of what I have been able to accomplish; because they are fantastic examples of what it takes to be a great K/P in this league.

(04-14-2020, 10:03 PM)PMoney Wrote:How do you see your K/P career going? Are there any records you'd like to break?

I see it going for a long time. Being a Kicker/Punter is something I feel I was meant to do, and so I look forward to doing it for as long as I feasibly can.

As a DSFL playoff record breaker already, I've already got some records under my belt. And, in all fairness, a lot of these awards especially punting-wise, depend on the team around the K/P not being at their best. If anything, I want to see my team breaking records for win streaks and other such team achievements, over personal success.

(04-14-2020, 10:03 PM)PMoney Wrote:If you were forced to play another position other than K/P for a game, what would it be?

I will say that during my time in Kansas City, I have had my fair share of time throwing the ball around as a joke during practice. Does that mean I maybe would be good at QB?... Yeah, probably not. If anything, I'd probably look to be on the defensive side of the ball for a game. Pairing up with my good friend Fawn in the midfield to do work around there would be a fun time, and I feel like being a coverage Linebacker is something I could slide into with some practice reps given my rugby background. So yeah, Linebacker.

(04-14-2020, 10:03 PM)PMoney Wrote:Who's your favourite Coyote?

Damn, coming out here with the tough questions huh? I'll preface this answer by saying that I love all those guys that were in our Season 21 locker room. They made Kansas City the best place to play in our league, and I cannot be more thankful for all their support in training and their effort on and off the field. With all that in mind, the person I'd have to say is my favourite playing-wise is... my friend in the special teams department, Lefty Louis. Lefty was the kicker to my punter all season, and he was a fantastic man to serve with in the special teams unit. If I were to do the DSFL experience over again, I wouldn't change the person I was suited up next to in my unit of the team. Thanks for the advice and good times Lefty, I'll see you soon no doubt!

(04-14-2020, 10:03 PM)PMoney Wrote:Why is The Scottish Sensation a better punter than Venus Powers?

Oh well now I'm in a tough spot huh? Well, I'm glad that you feel that this is the case; in fact, the fact that anyone says things like this makes me quite happy to be honest. But in truth - as I said earlier - I don't think I'm there yet. And I don't intend to start beef with Venus; us K/Ps have got to stay together, even if we never really team up at all!

(04-14-2020, 10:16 PM)Buttersqauch101 Wrote:Why are you so absolutely beautiful

Not as good looking as you bb

Also Head and Shoulder's shampoo, really helps with the long hair.

(04-14-2020, 10:23 PM)Faded Wrote:1) How are you feeling about the draft and all the offseason events happening right now?

The draft festivities are probably some of the most fun times of the football season. Getting the chance to talk with all the teams, to find out about their culture and their history, and how you would fit into their plans to win as many games as possible in the future - now that's a truly fun time. While it feels like a lifetime since I've been out on the hallowed turf in the Ultimini, all these events and draft talks that replace the games will be worth it when my name is called and I am greeted by my team for the first time. I felt that way when I was drafted by the Coyotes, and I will feel very similarly wherever I go in a few days time.

(04-14-2020, 10:23 PM)Faded Wrote:2) How do you feel in this current community?

I will answer this for both the wider NSFL community, and the community in Kansas City.

In terms of the wider NSFL, I feel as if I have been welcomed well by everyone overall. For the most part, people are pretty cool and are easy to get along with for someone like myself. While I don't talk as much in general as I would like to, I hope that will change as time goes on and I continue to get to know some of the great people in this league as further seasons come and go.

In terms of Kansas City... well, it's the best locker room in the DSFL. Without question. The guys in there are some of the funniest and most welcoming people I have met in my short time here. They make me feel great whenever I talk to them and I hope they feel the same about me. One of our players in the past used the analogy that we were a collection of 'misfit toys', and I don't think that is wrong at all. We come from a variety of different backgrounds; backgrounds that are world apart in many ways. And yet, we come together as a team and no one can separate us or get us down. It is special in there, and I was glad to be a part of it for Season 21.

(04-14-2020, 10:23 PM)Faded Wrote:3) Do you have any preference to what team you get drafted too?

I tell no lies when I let everyone know that every NSFL team I have talked to have been a pleasure in their business practices. Any questions I have, they are happy to accommodate and answer in due course. They know what they want for our future and where they want to get to - which is the top of the league. Whether that is next season, or in 5 seasons, each team is going for the top spot. And because that is my long-term goal as well, any team that drafts me in a few days will be getting someone who will work their hardest to bring success to the team over my career.

(04-14-2020, 10:23 PM)Faded Wrote:4) Why you do you think you are greater than any other K/P?

In terms of all K/Ps that have come and gone from the NSFL, I don't even think I'm on that map yet. Hell, I haven't proven anything, so I doubt I'm up there with most current NSFL K/Ps either. However, I will say that without any question, I am the best K/P that is in my rookie class this year. After the retirement of Kai Solarin (I miss you already man), the class is somewhat thin at the position. Still, there is no doubt that my work ethic off the field, as well as my ability on it, should be enough to tell people that I am the best K/P in the DSFL at this current time. Hopefully the drafting teams will agree with that sentiment in the coming days, but we will see.

(04-14-2020, 10:31 PM)RenoJacksonHS Wrote:Why are you one of the few smart people who know to avoid the cereal cabinet?

Because I've seen what happens to people that don't avoid the cereal cabinet... it's never good, and it's nearly always messy. If we weren't supposed to be playing football every week together as a team, I imagine there would've been even more losses than the ones we already had as the season rolled on.

(04-14-2020, 10:49 PM)Jackets28 Wrote:What’s something you want to accomplish in the NSFL?

My focus is always on winning games and making goals along with the rest of my team. With that in mind, my biggest goal over my career is to win the most Ultimus' I can with my team. If I can't do that, then I can't really be pleased with how things will have gone over my career. I don't expect things to come as easily as they did while I was in Kansas City - that team was built for a good record the moment our draft class entered the training facility. But I will be putting nearly all my reflection once my career is done into what my team managed to do when I was playing for them.

...Oh, and punter of the year trophies. Big leg man always wants punter of the year trophies. Wink

(04-14-2020, 10:49 PM)Jackets28 Wrote:Who’s your favorite anime waifu?

Hey, who let my Quarterback [Chika Fujiwara] come in here and ask questions like this?! Of course we all know the correct answer to this one; the best character in anime history is - and always will be - Hitori Bocchi. No arguments against this notion are allowed. However, Bocchi's School of Laughs is always looking for new students. Wa-ha-ha.

------------------------------------------------
Right, that is as much time as I have to answer your questions. Thank you for coming out today! I hope you're as excited as I am for the draft this week, and will be watching out for my name being called at some point.

*Matthew McDairmid Pre-Draft Presser - Baron1898 - 04-14-2020

Why is kicker/punter the best position in the league?

Where do you see potential landing spots for McDairmid?

Why is McDairmid a worse punter than Venus Powers?

*Matthew McDairmid Pre-Draft Presser - PMoney - 04-14-2020

How do you see your K/P career going? Are there any records you'd like to break?

If you were forced to play another position other than K/P for a game, what would it be?

Who's your favourite Coyote?

Why is The Scottish Sensation a better punter than Venus Powers?

*Matthew McDairmid Pre-Draft Presser - Buttersqauch101 - 04-14-2020

Why are you so absolutely beautiful

*Matthew McDairmid Pre-Draft Presser - Faded - 04-14-2020

1) How are you feeling about the draft and all the offseason events happening right now?
2) How do you feel in this current community?
3) Do you have any preference to what team you get drafted too?
4) Why you do you think you are greater than any other K/P?

*Matthew McDairmid Pre-Draft Presser - Reno - 04-14-2020

Why are you one of the few smart people who know to avoid the cereal cabinet?

*Matthew McDairmid Pre-Draft Presser - Starboy - 04-14-2020

What’s something you want to accomplish in the NSFL?

Who’s your favorite anime waifu?