International Simulation Football League
*Onward and Forward - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Onward and Forward (/showthread.php?tid=21193)

*Onward and Forward - RainDelay - 04-15-2020

I'll keep this short (ish). I spoke in private to @iamslm22 because I was appalled that my character and that of my friends were attacked. Frankly, the wording of the statement does not represent what I know to be the truth, so I was naturally very upset. That's not what this post is about. The details of our discussion will remain private, but in the end, I expressed to him this:

I take partial responsibility for spreading hatred towards a certain DSFL team, or rather their GM more-so than the team. They know who they are, no point naming names. I cannot control anyone else in either party's words or actions, but I can control my own, and for that I apologize.

With that said, the only thing to do is look forward. I have an NSFL team now in Sarasota SAR with my awesome co-GM Frostbite. We are making it a priority to not only avoid problems, but to be an active part of the solution. I will use my platform to continue to spread positivity in the league in the ways in which I always have, and to steer clear of any slippery slopes when it comes to any potential misconduct.

As for Myrtle Beach BBB , I'm still heavily involved in the locker room and helping people and keeping them active, etc. I can assure you that the team is in good hands, and that the players will continue to be positive citizens of the league (unless NicholasTheGreat was trying to tell us something with that serial killer article).

I have no ill will towards anyone here. What's done is done. So once again, I'm asking you all to help #ChangeTheEnding, but in a way that's more meaningful than getting the Wraiths the Ultimus.

Tl,dr: I'm sorry for my involvement in any incidents, good vibes towards all from now on.

*Onward and Forward - Rindiee - 04-15-2020

Everyone who knows you know this negativity is not a reflection of your true character, all love and good vibes RD. #OnWardandForward BBB

*Onward and Forward - IsaStarcrossed - 04-15-2020

As someone who has basically been around the MB community since the days before it was founded, I just want to say this locker room is by far one of the most joyous places in the NSFL. It is always fun, active, and overall lovely. Everyone is accepted, everyone makes jokes, everyone supports each other.

Regardless of what was said or done behind closed doors, because gods know we've all said or done things we regret behind closed doors, the leadership of this team has created an incredible public environment that breeds everything you could want in a developmental team.

Regardless of punishment or whatever happened, it doesn't change that. It doesn't change my opinions of any of you guys. As a player of this league, it'd feel darn good to play under you because I know the environment you're capable of building. I wish Sarasota and MB both the best. And I look forward to beating Sarasota should we meet next season. Wink

(04-15-2020, 05:14 PM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:As someone who has basically been around the MB community since the days before it was founded, I just want to say this locker room is by far one of the most joyous places in the NSFL. It is always fun, actively, and overall lovely. Everyone is accepted, everyone makes jokes, everyone supports each other.

Regardless of what was said or done behind closed doors, because gods know we've all said or done things we regret behind closed doors, the leadership of this team has created an incredible public environment that breeds everything you could want in a developmental team.

Regardless of punishment or whatever happened, it doesn't change that. It doesn't change my opinions of any of you guys. As a player of this league, it'd feel darn good to play under you because I know the environment you're capable of building. I wish Sarasota and MB both the best. And I look forward to beating Sarasota should we meet next season. Wink

Thank you so much Isa, your words mean a lot! I seriously appreciate it.

And I look forward to you beating us too because we want that 1OA Wink
(But we wont trade it to you this time)

*Onward and Forward - Thor - 04-15-2020

I am proud to be a captain of the MBB team and as a war room member I am excited to continue working on the active and positive legacy this team is striving for. The locker room is a fantastic place to be, as evidenced by the significant amount of non-team players who visit regularly.

Regardless of what is going on in the current league climate we will continue to encourage all of the team to be a positive influence on the league and to steer clear of nastiness and drama.

*Onward and Forward - shadyshoelace - 04-15-2020

(04-15-2020, 02:59 PM)RainDelay Wrote:I'm asking you all to help #ChangeTheEnding, but in a way that's more meaningful than getting the Wraiths the Ultimus.

yeah but if everyone could still help us with that one too that would be sick

(04-15-2020, 07:13 PM)shadyshoelace Wrote:yeah but if everyone could still help us with that one too that would be sick

Wish I could

*Onward and Forward - C9Van - 04-15-2020

If it makes you feel any better at the rate I'm complaining/getting fucked in this league you won't be the most unpopular people on our new team Tongue

*Onward and Forward - Rising Equinox - 04-15-2020

I'm sorry you guys have had to go through this. It's honestly shameful to see the accusations and punishments come through and be upheld, when these same rules being broken apparently don't apply to the people handing out the punishments themselves. It's also nice to know that HO and the appeals committee can just enforce and bend the rules how they see fit, and there's no power in place to keep them in check. I'd love to know how this does not apply to any of the recent actions from these members of the league who are giving the punishments for the same exact rules being broken. Why are these private, joking, out of context, screenshots being considered at all to any extent for punishment purposes, when they were deemed irrelevant during the Bex investigation, and the user who shared them was permanently banned from the league? I'm really glad to see you taking the high road here, as it is definitely hard to do in a situation like this.

*Onward and Forward - ScorpXCracker - 04-15-2020

(04-15-2020, 09:38 PM)Rising Equinox Wrote:apparently don't apply to the people handing out the punishments themselves.
bex got fined like 15m or smth like that