International Simulation Football League
*(Article) Potential DSFL landing spots for WRs - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *(Article) Potential DSFL landing spots for WRs (/showthread.php?tid=21297)

*(Article) Potential DSFL landing spots for WRs - Tylus - 04-18-2020

Welcome to Tylus' list of potential WR landing spots!

A summary of what this is and the ideas behind my thoughts.

First of all, I was inspired to make this post by @Nhamlet, so I would like to offer 5% of the money earned from this article to him for the great idea and similar template. @Jangorhino Assisted me in finishing this article after I lost it all to a PC crash, so I would like to thank him for his help.

Let's begin!

So, last night it finally happened, the NSFL draft took place. With some teams losing more than others depending on the positions, the DSFL teams have had their rosters shaken up. I'll be going into each teams losses at WR(I will only be taking the first 10 rounds into account), and how I believe it effects my draft stock and potential to go to that team. I'll also be talking about locker rooms, members, leaders, and scouts from each team that I've had social interactions with, and the impressions they made on me during the pre-draft process. I'll also go into how the team played last year, and my first impression of their teams ability to go all the way this season. I will say I really can't say I've had a negative experience yet, and that most teams have been very helpful and welcoming. While I would be happy to play for any team that sees my potential, I do have a few teams I've come to really enjoying hanging out with. I might have some slight preference, but at the end of the day, I just want to be drafted, contribute, and finally hang out with and get to know my team. That being said, let's begin!
(One thing to note: I was hoping to find a list of send downs to help finalize my potential landing spots, but I could not find such a resource anywhere.)

TEAM DAL

Social interactions
The first team on the list, The Birddogs, were actually the first team to invite me to their locker room, not to mention the first scout to reach out being @iStegosauruz. He was very friendly during his interview and answered any questions I had. Very willing to help me in any way I needed, and was very friendly in the locker room. Another person I met in the locker room and enjoyed talking to was @furiousPanda, who also offered me a league job and has been helplful as well. The Dawgs locker room seems like a great place for any player. Nice, helpful, funny, not to mention pretty good emotes. Any time I had a question I know I can go into their LR and get help in some way. Great atmosphere.

WRs lost
It looks like Dallas ended up losing two wide receivers to the NSFL draft(again only counting the first 10 rounds). William Lim would be the first of the two off the board. At 216 TPE, many considered him the best wide out in this seasons draft class. I hear he is a strong earner, and great locker room presence, so Dallas will sorely miss having this receiver in their locker room and on their team. The second Dallas wide receiver off the board would be Mike Lee. Lee, at 160 TPE, while less strong than Lim, he was still a strong contributor. I have also heard good things about @youngcricket so Dallas will want to replenish their stock with both of these receivers heading to the big leagues.

Previous season and thoughts on this upcoming season.
The Birddogs had a fairly disappointing year at 5 wins and 9 losses. While some may say that is a bad year, I personally wouldn't consider it to be too disappointing considering how new this team is. They have a lot of good guys and smart GMs, I expect to see them have a much better season, with the talent and leadership they have.

TEAM LON

Social interactions
My interactions with the royals have been great so far. Fun locker room, and nice and very helpful members on that team. I was scouted by @Exilizer who was very helpful, and I appreciate him taking the time to tell me how he enjoyed my previous article. I really appreciated the interest and friendliness he showed. There are a couple other members of the Royals who have gone above and beyond to answer any questions I have and be generally friendly. Great locker room for anyone to land in.

WRs lost
London would lose 3 wide receivers during the first 10 rounds of the draft last night. The strongest being Nick Kaepercolin. A 187 TPE player, he wasn't the strongest on the board, but still a definite loss for the recent expansion team. I hear he is a consistent player so London will miss him. The 2nd wideout taken from the Royals would be Susan Cash JR, and even stronger receiver at 194 TPE. Losing this type of CASH MONEY would hurt any team. The 3rd wide receiver taken from the Royals would be Blake Alexander. While not the most active player, he is still active and updates every now and then. I see this team needing a new, strong wide out, and I could potentially be their man if they decide to bite and pick me.

Also an expansion team, and also having a 5 win and 9 loss season, the Royals look to be building upon their wins from last season, and want to be a serious contender for the title. As with the Dogs, I don't put anything against them for struggling during an expansion season. Watch out for these two teams!

TEAM BBB

Social interactions
Myrtle Beach was the last team to scout me, and understandably so. As you might expect, I’ve heard about the issues the Buccaneers have had recently, and would be surprised if they didn’t need to take some time to organize. Once I was finally scouted and invited into the locker room, I really enjoyed the time spent there. They seem like a great group of guys, even if I don’t know them too well yet.

WRs lost
The Myrtle Beach Buccaneers would lose 2 of their stronger wide outs during this year's NSFL draft. Starting with Garfield Despacito Jr, a 161 TPE receiver, and a solid locker room presence, he will definitely be missed by the reigning champions. The second WR taken from their team would be Leeroy Jenkins, and even higher TPE player at 176. Both players being solid speed receivers, I picture Tychondrius Hood to be a perfect replacement here.

Last season the 9 win 5 loss Buccaneers would go on to win the championship. Looking to continue that trend, Myrtle Beach may be the team to beat this season. They have a winning culture and seemingly good leadership, I could see myself helping to bring them another trophy.

TEAM MIN

Social interactions
This team has a great locker room. I was initially scouted by @Dewalt27, who was incredibly helpful and friendly. We talked about the league, as well as other topics(sorry mixed this up after rewriting). He seems like a great leader for his team. In the locker room there are 2 players I noticed immediately. @Jangorhino was hyping his team up after the draft, choosing to stay and try to help his team get back to the ultimus once again. I couldn’t help but send him a message after getting so hyped from seeing the presence he created in the Ducks locker room. He seems like the type of leader you want on your team, and definitely makes the Ducks seem like a great place to land. Another user @RussDrivesTheBus is one of the friendliest and seemingly nicest guys I’ve come across, even though he was drafted into the NSFL, he showed me the type of community I can expect from the Ducks. Really enjoy the people from Minnesota.

WRs lost
The Grey Ducks lost two wide outs in this draft. Starting with William Alexander at pick 49. Alexander, a 188 TPE red zone threat, will be sorely missed by the Ducks. While not as active in discord, the user Morsy is definitely active on the forums and a solid player. The second receiver taken from Minnesota was Daymond Brooks. Brooks, a possession receiver is known for his locker room presence, and while low on TPE, should develop into a solid player in the NSFL. The Ducks will be looking to replace these two WRs, and while Tychondrius Hood is a speed reciever, he could be a solid replacement for the Ducks former star receivers.

The Grey Ducks would have a down season at 6 wins and 8 losses. The previous two seasons the ducks were champions, so they are looking to get back to where they feel they belong, after losing some games they think they should have won. I think I could be a valuable asset to them in this upcoming season and would be excited to help build another championship with them.

TEAM KCC

Social interactions
The Coyotes were another early team to scout me. @sakrosankt was the scout for the Coyotes to first approach me. I asked him a million questions and for help figuring out a lot of things on the site, which he was happy to do without breaking a sweat. While I don’t know much of the rest of the team personally, I have chatted and lurked in their locker room enough to know they have a great culture. Also, “friendship” has to be my favorite name for a discord channel. So far I’ve really enjoyed hanging out with these guys.. Any player would be happy to end up with this squad.

WRs lost
Kansas City is now in a tier of their own in terms of chances to draft me after losing 6 wide receivers in this seasons NSFL draft. Two out of the first three receivers off the board were from the Coyotes as well. Eddie Jeeta and Michael Witheblock(195 and 214 TPE respectively) are both known as some of the strongest players in this class. For those reasons I really see them drafting at least 2 wideouts on Wednesday.

The Coyotes had a very strong season in s21, winning 9 games and making it all the way to the championship, only to lose to Myrtle Beach. I’m positive that Kansas City will be a strong contender again this year. For that reason as well as how many receivers they lost, I see them as being one of the top teams to pick me in this years DSFL draft.

TEAM NOR

Social interactions
I was initially scouted by @J0EB as the representative scout for Norfolk. I really enjoyed talking to him and he gave me a lot of motivation with support of my activity so far. Norfolk has a closed locker room, so I haven’t had a chance to meet or hang out with any of the team, I’d be excited to do so if they end up going after me.

WRs lost
The Seawolves would only lose 1 wide receiver in the first 10 rounds. Kevin Koh would be picked at #82 overall, a 154 TPE player. From what I have heard he is a great earner and presence in the locker room and a steal at 82. He’s a route runner, so I’m not sure how keen Norfolk will be in replacing him with a speed option like myself.

The Norfolk Seawolves would win 8 games and make the playoffs for only the second time in league history last season. While some people might say that is a bad sign, I think any team that can climb all the way up to the playoffs after such a long string of non-appearances is a team to watch out for. Look for the Seawolves to make another push next season, and don’t be surprised to see me as their receiving leader!

TEAM POR

Social interactions
The Pythons were an early team to scout me, sending me a survey, I would have a short interview with @[Air Crou]. After this initial conversation I can’t say I’ve talked to many of Portland’s players or scouts since then. They may have some interest in me, but all signs so far point to them going in a different direction this draft.

WRs lost
Portland would only lose a single receiver during the first 10 rounds, Sean Snyder. While only a 75 TPE speed catcher, I’ve heard and seen that he is active, and will probably be missed by the Pythons. I’m not sure if the lack of high TPE wide outs indicates that they are depleted at the position, or if they just don’t find WR as valuable as other teams.

The Pythons had a solid year last season, going 8 wins and 4 losses. They would go out in the first round of the playoffs, but look for them to show that they can go farther this season. Another team to keep an eye on, even if they don’t draft the future OROY(me).

TEAM TIJ

Social interactions
The Luchadores are somewhat of an enigma for me, I have spoken shortly with 2 of the GMs, but other than that, I haven’t met any players, or been in the locker room, which I believe is also closed. They may have some interest in me, but I currently don’t see them choosing me any time early in the draft. I could be wrong and would be excited to play for @TomHanks and @Jay_Doctor, who both seem like excellent members of this community, and strong leaders.

WRs lost
Tijuana loses 2 catchy-runny bois in this year's draft. One would be chosen at 44 overall as the fourth receiver off the board, Thomas Passman. Passman, at 200 TPE is definitely one of the strongest receivers in this draft. His teammate, Friedrich Vequain, would end up going at pick 100, a 104 TPE player, so not the strongest on the board, he should still be a strong player if he stays active. Considering that both of these wide outs are speed receivers, these two going could create an opening for me, as the Luchadores should be looking to replenish their wide receiver reserves.

At 6 and 8, the Luchadores weren’t the strongest team last season, but neither were they the weakest. After having a subpar season, I see the Luchadores making a splash as they attempt to make a big jump this season and push for the playoffs.

To conclude

There are a lot of ways this seasons dsfl draft could go. I've had at least minimal scouting from every team, so who knows where I really will land. I'm excited to hear my name get called, and meet my new team. I hope any scouts or GMs reading this will appreciate my potential, and how excited I am to play in the league. I hope everyone enjoyed this post, and I was able to create some legible content for you guys. Good luck to everyone getting drafted on Wednesday, and congratulations to everyone who got drafted on Friday.

2541 words according to google docs

*(Article) Potential DSFL landing spots for WRs - WildfireMicro - 04-18-2020

Great article very well researched

*(Article) Potential DSFL landing spots for WRs - youngcricket - 04-18-2020

tagged, good work ! i have absolutely no say in who gets drafted here or knowledge of whats happening but theres always room for new wr blood Tongue

*(Article) Potential DSFL landing spots for WRs - Tylus - 04-18-2020

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed reading it

*(Article) Potential DSFL landing spots for WRs - DeadlyPlayer - 04-18-2020

This is the content I love seeing from rookies/recreates. Great article!

*(Article) Potential DSFL landing spots for WRs - Jangorhino - 04-18-2020

Awesome job! Thanks for the love