International Simulation Football League
*Plea to Contending Teams - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Plea to Contending Teams (/showthread.php?tid=21344)

*Plea to Contending Teams - C9Van - 04-18-2020

So this is genuinely starting to depress me...It is 3AM and I cannot sleep cause of this god damn situation and the fear of all of this being literally wasted time, even in the fun perspective.
I mean to be fair I was a miserable git but at least I could have a laugh about it.

I am going to need to give a tiny bit of backstory to this so you understand where this comes from.

This is the contract that my player, Laszlo Forty-Two is on.

As you can see, its a long term deal at minimum cause I never had any intention of leaving the Colorado Yeti. I do pride myself on being loyal, on minimum contracts and active in locker rooms to make sure the team can really contend for championships.

I am going to skip everything about the bullshit situation in the expansion draft and get to the part where I am no longer on the Colorado Yeti.

I have been miserable as a Wide Receiver. I have not enjoyed it especially in the last 3 seasons. As an Offensive Linemen I can legit help the position out get some much needed fucking respect rather than people spurting "fair rubs" memes via default cause they do not know what to actually say nor be snubbed for pro bowl any longer. Plus the actual main reason being I get to play in a position I know I will very much enjoy and I cannot wait for this season. (Fun fact: My contract is 500k less than an OL bot and I'm going to be over 1250 TPE very soon.)

However, when I was drafted to the Colorado Yeti they were competing in the Toilet Bowl and needed building up into a contender. That was perfectly fine. This sort of thing happens and I welcomed the challenge. I think most people can say whilst we never did anything ever, we were a play-off team and they are now looking like one.

But I am now on Sarasota. I have zero issues with them picking me up, cause why wouldn't they? I am the highest Total Points Earned player going in the expansion draft. Expansion teams though need time to get to the level of the big guns of the league and that will take seasons.

Seasons I do not have before regression truly kicks my ass. Offensive Linemen does well vs time itself but I literally do not have it in me anymore to just rebuild another team for the hope we are a contender when my player is past his best. I am done waiting and want to be challenging for a god damn championship. What I do not want is to be trapped in this situation that feels legitimately like a prison of me feeling like I have literally wasted my time writing for not even having fun because of betrayal.

So to the next point, Sarasota. Rain Delay and Frostbite have been 100% understanding about this and are more than willing to trade me. I thank them for this but apparently no contending team really wants me.

This is pretty upsetting considering I will be one of the highest Total Points Earned players in a position we all know I can help improve any team in instantly for cheaper, plan on being a player until regression auto-retires me whilst still being useful and will be active in your locker room.

I don't know what they are wanting but I know I will bust my ass off to prove I am worth whoever they end up getting for it. I always do minimum salary contracts which will always be better than OL Bot prices and won't retire til regression forces it.

So this is my plea to any of the truly contending teams. (Or begging if you think it is, probably is to be fair but I am desperate.) Please take a chance on a third person talking hungarian gridiron player cause I really, REALLY, do not want to be so miserable I just retire and leave this league like I know I will be cause I actually think this community is the coolest one of the big sim leagues...

*Plea to Contending Teams - Billybolo53 - 04-18-2020

#FREE42

*Plea to Contending Teams - furiousPanda - 04-18-2020

Dang we just became teammates!

*Plea to Contending Teams - caltroit_red_flames - 04-18-2020

(04-18-2020, 08:36 PM)Billybolo53 Wrote:#FREE42

*Plea to Contending Teams - Bruins10 - 04-18-2020

#FREE42

*Plea to Contending Teams - Sermokala - 04-18-2020

#FREE42

*Plea to Contending Teams - 2Burkeulosis - 04-18-2020

#FREE42

*Plea to Contending Teams - Sermokala - 04-19-2020

This should also be a PSA to all new players on a terrible contract and why even if you're whole interested in going for the minimum and wanting to stay forever you should NEVER sign 5 year contracts without any options to protect you.

*Plea to Contending Teams - Baron1898 - 04-19-2020

Yeah a mutual option is a player’s best friend.

*Plea to Contending Teams - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 04-19-2020

Sounds like the dude just needs a better agent