International Simulation Football League
*DSFL WR Prospect rankings currently - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL WR Prospect rankings currently (/showthread.php?tid=21370)

*DSFL WR Prospect rankings currently - DarknessRising - 04-19-2020

As we start to move away from the NSFL draft and onto the new rookies mixed with the old veterans with recreates of the DSFL draft, I expect there to be lots of mock drafts and reports on prospects. Being new to the league, instead of using my non-existent knowledge of what teams needs are and using the history of drafts I don’t know to put together mock drafts for close to 100 prospects that I barely know 10 of, I thought I would look more into my own class.

My competition if you will, in the Wide Receiver class, stands at 13 others, a class of 14 including me currently. It is also the largest position when it comes to number of prospects, beating the Safety position by only one prospect. Also examining archetypes of all the players, I was surprised to see that there is a tie between speed receivers and route runners, on 6 each, since earlier on speed receivers dominated that field. The other two of course, take up third archetype of being red-zone threats. My lack of experience makes me believe that it seems potentially that speed receivers and route runners perform better through the sim. I have read many posts complaining about speed, and a route runner is useful the entire field where a red-zone threat is specifically “tailored” for much less of the plays.

Before going into each player individually, I will explain my process for what I did. I went to each players update page at 2:20am Sydney time, and noted down every player’s TPE amount. I also went to the user’s profile page to see if they had been creating new media, when they joined the site and lastly,, just what I have seen personally in LR from when teams have scouted us. Some players I have much more to say about then I will whilst others there is very little I know or have on them to say. So without further ado, I present to you a list of all the wide receiver prospects that are currently in the DSFL draft, 4 days (for me) before it happens.

This list is ordered by the amount of TPE they have when I made this article, which I did all in one go should it was consistent as well as accurate at the time of writing.

1. Raphel d’Alcott – 126 TPE
The highest earner currently in the class, just days out form the draft and it is held by a newbie to the league. I think that reasons to stand that this user is definitely going to be active and a good pickup for anytime. Though the highest currently, it seems at a quick glance that their TPE is close to being at its peak before the draft. They are also starting to do some media so they are also being active participants of the forum and accumulating bank. Also the top route runner by 10 TPE.

2. Videl-San – 119 TPE
Where to start, probably one of the two names in this class I have just seen everywhere, in all the discord locker rooms, posting on forum pages and creating new posts themselves, Videl stands as the highest TPE speed receiver currently, and only just 7 TPE behind Raphel. Videl is the highest recreator, and it seems their old player, Ryan Leaf Jr., was a known and respected player so its safe to say that teams will recognise and may prioritise such a thing with Videl bringing activeness and safety. Videl has also said that their TPE could get up to 135 to 140 by draft day once everything comes back, most likely surpassing Raphel. Definitely going to be a high name on every GM’s wide receiver board.

3. Tychondrius Hood – 116 TPE

Where to start with this guy, just like Videl, his name has been everyone, talking, posting and creating. I think almost every second or third post I read, this guy has already posted a compliment and shouted a supportive phrase to the creator. Only 3 TPE behind Videl, Hood as I will refer to him now, since I can’t ever spell his first name correctly, is the second highest speed receiver, but remains only 10 behind Raphel, yet is waiting for wiki that would close the gap. Also been a beast on the media side, consistently having new articles coming out to get to that tier 6 equipment. With only tier 3 purchased right now, achieving the tier 6 would give another 15 TPE, pushing Hood over the 140 mark and competing with Videl for the highest TPE WR in the draft day. A recreator that I am unsure if they just had a player retire or not, is max earner and will make GM’s have to decide between himself and Videl as to who they prefer if both are still on the board.

4. L’Carpetron Dookmarriot – 116 TPE
Tied on the third highest amount of TPE with hood, comes another newbie and the second route runner wide receiver in the class. I don’t really have much to say on a personal front with this person, but it seems that Dookmarriot knows what they are doing even though they are new, and has been putting out media to build on his bank account figures. Firmly holds a spot in the top half of the receivers, should see himself drafted as such as well.

5. Kai Sakura – 112 TPE
And now we have arrived to me. 14 TPE off the current highest, by my calculations however with wiki, mock draft, weekly training and equipment to claim, my TPE has a good chance of being over 150 come draft day, the highest amount that has been rumoured from the WR class. Currently the third speed receive, personally I complete what I think will be the top three highest TPE players come draft with myself, Videl and Hood. A trio of speed receivers that are all seemingly so close TPE wise, max earners and active users. I know as well that the media grind continues and have produced a few pieces of work to get money and get the all important tier 6 equipment. Though I think its fair to say I have been less active on discord locker rooms than Videl and Hood, I am an Aussie and it’s a bit overwhelming to keep up with all the different servers and chats going on. I do plan to be more active once drafted and can focus solely on one team (not trying to sell myself but if it does, I am not complaining) that would be getting an excellent prospect. Keep an eye come draft day as in my view, between myself, Videl and Hood, with such minimal TPE differences between at the top of the prospect list, any one of use could be the first WR taken.

6. Luca Scabbia – 111 TPE
Only one TPE behind myself, 15 behind the current leader of Raphel, Luca rounds out the top six receivers, not only the only ones currently above 100 TPE, but evening out the number of route runners to equal that of speed receivers at three a piece. A recreate, Luca seemingly could gain more TPE and roughly max out at 130, already having equipment. Whilst not having produced any media or new forum posts besides their update and player page, Luca has still been active in posting for that TPE. Whilst I don’t see him in the top 3, with a little gap under us, definitely going to be a decent prospect that’s above average and high earner.

7. Dre Mathews – 96 TPE
Almost at the 100 TPE club, Mathews skids just below it, though 15 TPE behind Luca and 30 behind Raphel, Mathews leads the middle group of WR players who are good earners, but not reaching the highest and max rates of the above. Mathews marks the fourth route runner archetype of the draft, and is a newbie to the league that is producing media. Whilst not in the top names, definitely going to be a nice pickup to add depth and can close the gap with a good DSFL season of TPE earning.

8. Jackson Kingston – 87 TPE
Finally a prospect that isn’t a speed receiver or route runner!! The higher of the two red-zone threat wide receivers in this class, Kingston sits 9 TPE behind Mathews as what im defining as the new “top” as these players fit into the middle of the class and most likely will be taken a few rounds after the top 6. A recreator that has joined with the new character only two days ago, that is doing media, if a team wants a red-zone threat, I do not know at all if it’s something GM’s would really look at or if its more just about skill caps, maybe that might push them above some of the others in the middle ground. Maybe with more time in the league, comparing to myself who is just over two weeks now, Kingston may be on a higher amount of TPE. Definitely a potential bloomer and boom in the draft since they know how the league works, especially since they have 1% of all posts on the forums apparently….that seems pretty cool to me.

9. Doug Howlett – 86 TPE
Doug gets the honour of being the oldest newbie, and that’s about all that I really got on this guy in my notes about him. Just 1 TPE behind Kingston, Howlett is the fourth Speed runner so far and the first in this middle group. Seriously though, I don’t have anything else on this guy so sorry to you but wish you all the luck come draft day and may the odds ever be in your favour.

10. Brock Bodenhammer – 64 TPE
Taking another step down from the last three on the list, Brock is recreate that hasn’t done much on his new character but would know the league after going through the league and regression, so a seasoned veteran that stays in for the long haul. Needs to become better at earning TPE to raise their stock for the NSFL draft after the season, a recreator definitely can do so. The fifth speed receiver, though the last one that has any updates down to their player, seemingly one of those picks that come later in the draft that could be of good value.

11. Griff Oberwald – 57 TPE
The second and other red-zone threat receiver on this list, unfortunately making him bottom of his archetype as it stands in the class this year, is a recreate fresh off playing as a running back. Definitely not contending the top prospects of the DSFL draft, just like Brock above, being a recreator, they know the league and can definitely add a lot of TPE over the season and be a value pick in the draft.

12, 13 and 14. Damien Hands, Deonte Washington and Harrison Leavers – 50 TPE each
Combing the three together, these players have either not made an update page as of now or have claimed no TPE currently. Harrison and Damien make up the fifth and sixth route runners whilst Deonte is the sixth and final speed receiver. Harrison and Damien are also both newbies to the league, with Harrison being the newest to join of all wide receivers, just over 24 hours ago at time of writing. Deonte on the other, is an ex-GM of what I deduced to be Norfolk from what I briefly saw on their user page. Just over a year since joining the league, most likely then on their second player, probaby gives him a little more value by simply having been in the league more. All three however have very little out to analyse in respects to their player in this draft, so can’t be separated and ranked which I why I put them all together, in alphabetical order, so no I am not disrespecting Harrison.

Conclusion and final thoughts and review

The receiver class seems to be in three groups, the top 6, the next middle three and then the final 5 as a mix of starting to claim and no claims. I predict that the order on this list will not stand by the time draft comes, and would say that Videl and Hood will still remain in the top 3, with myself moving up, potentially with the reports from Videl and Hood on what they believe to be their max, going up to highest TPE earner. With quite a few top talents to be chosen between, teams get the liberty of being able to pick who they think will suit their team, locker room and on-field performance, best. It also means multiple teams can pick up a good receiver, if not multiple at the top end of the class list. I also do see that with a fair amount of depth in the position, whilst some players will definitely be near the top of the TPE table amongst all players in the DSFL draft, we may see them slide down until one or two teams start jumping in, allowing GM’s to pick other position they might need more or have less depth and prospects in that position.

This was definitely fun to do, and surprisingly only took an hour to do, I might even do another class but it would be more just based on their TPE numbers, so I think I would encourage someone with more insight to do that, be it someone within the class or a person with more knowledge than me who sits in the back corner of locker rooms right now and just observes. This article only intrigues me more about how I and the other top wide receiver prospects will go in the draft, I just wish it could be on already to find out and start playing. To all prospects in the DSFL draft, I wish you luck and hope you enjoy this league, I certainly have enjoyed my time in it and can not wait to be on a team and meet yous all on the field, other side by side or against me.

It is a crazy time right now to be a sports fan, with no sports playing pretty much anywhere in the world. So where else but to turn towards a simulation league, fully online, social distancing can be practiced to turn to when in need to get our sport fix. This draft is something I am just flushed with energy about and intrigue as to how it goes. It’s the gateway to all of the prospects carers, both DSFL and when majority make it into the NSFL. We may not be as large of a class like the insane S22 draft class, but in our own way, we will make this class and season of the DSFL our own special year. Some might even call it Legen……wait for it…..DAIRY. That’s it for me and my rabmleness, see you on the other side guys.

(2512 words)

*DSFL WR Prospect rankings currently - Tylus - 04-19-2020

DUDE, I really appreciate the kind words! This was really fun to read. Also you should be ahead of me as I made a mistake and only have 111 TPE, but I wont be here for long! Good luck in the draft Wednesday, hope to see you around discord sometime.

*DSFL WR Prospect rankings currently - ValorX77 - 04-19-2020

Thanks for the kind words

*DSFL WR Prospect rankings currently - KenitohMenara - 04-19-2020

Wow man... first of, thank you for your kind words. Absolutely honored.

Secondly, I didn't realize I was number 1 on the rankings. I am super surprised at that. Gotta now keep it up. Should be a fun ride guys. This class is stacked with talent so lets tear up the league!

*DSFL WR Prospect rankings currently - Confictional - 04-19-2020

Thank you for the words brother.

Edit: at the 100 club right now! Big Grin

*DSFL WR Prospect rankings currently - Jay_Doctor - 04-19-2020

S23 WR class is shaping up to be damn good

*DSFL WR Prospect rankings currently - DarknessRising - 04-20-2020

Thank you everyone for your support on this piece.

As a class we are solid and numerous, though the league is a bit full on WR at the moments, we will make it somewhere sooner rather than later at the rate we are earning.