International Simulation Football League
*Kansas City Coyotes Draft Recap - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Kansas City Coyotes Draft Recap (/showthread.php?tid=21403)

*Kansas City Coyotes Draft Recap - Booger - 04-19-2020

In this writeup I’ll be reviewing the draft for the Kansas City Coyotes team overall. This past season, we had a great squad, evidenced by us coming second place overall, right behind Myrtle Beach. As a result, expectations for the draft were high, and no one could stop wondering where they’d end up for when they’d be picked. Some of our players were picked in a position fairly representative of their overall activity and engagement, while others fell too far for their ability. I’ll be giving overall ratings of each pick, based on prior expectations, earning history, and locker room presence. Also for the players themselves, I’ll be rating them based on where they fell in relation to where they were predicted to fall and on how well I feel they’ll fit into their new teams.

1. Chester Sweets-(#5 Overall) SJS
This pick came as somewhat of a surprise to a lot of people. Phat Boi was the highest earning player in the class, and therefore the majority of people expected him to be the first Coyote taken off the board. However, Butters (our KCC GM) has had plenty of engagement with Chester all season long. Sweets has been a tremendous teammate to be around in the locker room and has been super active in the forums, creating media and podcasts, and elsewhere around the league. The Sabercats were also looking to bulk up their secondary in this draft, and Chester is a perfect addition to that squad. San Jacinto (Jose) 9/10, Sweets 10/10

2. Phat Boi-(#7 Overall) HON
Many expected Phat to be picked by the Liberty before pick #7 came around. It's easy to see why, being a great locker room presence as well as an insane earner are the two of the best aspects to have in any prospect. However, instead of picking him up in one of their two first round picks (#3, #4), Philadelphia opted to allow Phat to fall to another team. And right there below them were the Honolulu Hahalua. This pick is too perfect, the Hawaii boi goes to Hawaii, and the Hawaii team picks up a terrific DT of the future. 10/10 Hawaii, 10/10 Phat

3. Eddie Jeeta-(#31 Overall) AUS
Jeeta was a huge faller on draft night, but it's easy to understand why given the extreme depth of the S22 class. As the best reciever on the board though, the Copperheads did get some insane value with this pick. Jeeta’s been a consistently great earner since entering the league (though there was an error with his TPE that was displayed on his draft sig, not sure if that had anything to do with his fall), and has been nothing short of helpful and kind to me since we first met prior to the DSFL draft. Austin wasn’t really in dire need of a wide receiver in this draft, but their logic to take the best reciever on the board at this low a pick is incredibly sound. He can always drop down a year to be better prepared to whoop ass his first season in the NSFL. 9.5/10 for Austin, 8/10 for Eddie

4. Michael Witheblock-(#36 Overall) SAR
With the 36th pick overall, the Sailfish vouched to take the second best reciever on the board. Mike will be a great addition to this team, helping to hold down an important position for years to come, and is a perfect addition to our locker room. As an expansion team, its important to really look at value in a pick over specific needs, as new teams really need everything. So, despite picking up WRs in the expansion draft, it's totally suitable for them to pick up Mike with this pick. Having known him personally in KC, I can attest to his worth as a player and as a locker room member. Sarasota, 9/10, Mike, 10/10

5. Fawn Dillmiballs-(#38 Overall) SAR
Man was this a great pick by Sarasota! Having already chosen Haha earlier in the draft to partially fill their linebacker core, they pick up another great one in Fawn here. I may not know him too well, but I know he’s been actively earning TPE and is a great presence in the locker room. Sarasota was also in dire need of some LBs this draft, having picked none at all in the expansion draft, so these two picks, him and Haha Mango Panda, resulting in their acquisition of two of the top five linebackers in the class, should prove invaluable to the team in the future. Sarasota may have also thought to pair Fawn up with Mike here, seeing as though their already friends from KC, which will provide them with a great boost in the locker room. Sarasota, 10/10, Fawn, 9/10

6. Ismael Snachez-(#51 Overall) COL
What’d I tell you about this dude! I’ve known he’d be great since the beginning! Ismael entered the picture later than most players in the draft, but has wasted no time catching up. He’s been insanely active earning as of late and has made a profound impact on our locker room. However, one thing to note is that in terms of overall value at DE, he may not have been the highest on the board at the time. Colorado could’ve easily picked up my other KC teammate, Patrick Money with this pick, as he’s been equally active and has quite a decent amount more TPE at the moment. But, I’m reasonably sure that Colorado's thought process here was one of trust for the future and desire for a strong locker room presence, and if they plan to send Ismael down for another year in the DSFL, he’ll also return ready to wreak havoc on opposing QB’s. He was apparently very high on Colorado’s board given his personality, so that was definitely the primary factor influencing this pick. Colorado 7.5/10, Ismael, 10/10.

7. Matthew McDairmid-(#53 Overall) SJS
The first kicker/punter off the board! Though he unfortunately didn’t fall to pick 69, the Sabercats got a great player with this pick. Butters knows that he’s been a staple of our locker room since the beginning, and our Scottish punter has been nothing short of a life saver on the football field. He proved his worth earning as well, and is far and away the best overall K/P from this class. Matty will also be with teammate Chester Sweets, so together they’ll form a great part of the SJS locker room. San Jacinto locked up their kicker of the future with this pick, and I can assure you that Matty will be able to fulfill that need for years to come. San Jose 10/10, Matty 10/10.

8. Patrick Money-(#59 Overall) YKW
Money’s draft position really is a testament to the depth of this class. A max earning, locker room engaging player can fall to the bottom of the fifth round!? Insane. Money was definitely one of the top three DEs in this year's draft, and Yellowknife got some phenomenal value out of this pick. Yellowknife was also in need of a great DE to lock down that position for them, so they conveniently got exactly what they needed with this pick. Who knows, maybe they can lose their 5th Ultimus in a row now? Yellowknife 11/10, Money 7.5/10

9. Nuniq Annastesia-(#67 Overall) BAL
Honestly a team wouldn’t be crazy to draft Nuniq simply for his Madden skills. All season long, when not training or working out, Nuniq has been perfecting his Madden skills and explaining it all to us. As a player though, Nuniq is also really great. He’s made quite the impressive turn around since being drafted in the 14th round of the DSFL draft, and has shown he has every intention of sticking around. Though he’ll probably be dropping to the DSFL for one more run with KC, he’ll just be better prepared for his first NSFL game! Overall a really great pick for Baltimore and an even better turn around by Nuniq! Baltimore, 10/10, Nuniq, 10/10

10. Taylor Cooper-(#88 Overall) ARI
Taylor Cooper is a really great pick up for the Outlaws. He joined really late for a S22 member, but has taken great strides to improve his draft position. He currently sits on 142 TPE, which is quite impressive, and has been nearly max earning since entering the league. I haven't seen him much around the KCC locker room, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he simply hasn’t found the time as of late. He may not look like one at the moment, but he could definitely become a really great receiver down the line. Outlaws, 10/10, Taylor, 10/10

11. Jamie Watson-(#89 Overall) SJS
Another waiver WR pickup for the Coyotes, Watson is doing a great job so far of proving his worth. He’s currently sitting on 129 TPE, a nice number considering when he started earning. Similar to Cooper, I haven’t seen him much around the locker room but he is on discord so I’m sure he’ll be a planty active member of the Sabercats. He’s also got the chance to continue with Butters over in San Jose, which should give him a nice transition into his new team. Overall, should be a nice backup WR down the line as long as he continues to earn. San Jose, 9/10, Watson, 9/10

12. Tan Johnson-(#105 Overall) BAL
Tan Johnson is unfortunately inactive at this point in time, rendering this pick nearly useless for the Hawks. There’s a chance he just hasn’t found time to allocate in recent weeks but that's not something I would put money on. He is sitting at 119 TPE though, which may allow him to take over the starting role for KC at WR until some of their draftees get up to speed. I doubt he’ll make any kind of an impact for the Hawks though. Hawks 0/10, Tan Johnson, 0/10

13. Kevin Fakon-(#115 Overall) SAR
Despite being the last Coyote drafted within the first 10 rounds, Kevin has already begun to make some big moves. He wasn’t active much as a Coyote last season, but in his short stint as a Sailfish, he’s written many media articles and seems overall very devoted to his newfound position in the NSFL. He will be dropping down next season for one more run with the Yotes, but he should be in a great position to succeed during Season 23. Though the vast majority of picks outside the first 8 or so rounds usually result in sub-par players or even inactive ones, I think the Sailfish got a really great one here. Sarasota, 10/10, Kevin, 10/10

*Kansas City Coyotes Draft Recap - Matty7478 - 04-19-2020

(04-20-2020, 03:18 AM)enforcer Wrote:7. Matthew McDairmid-(#53 Overall) SJS
The first kicker/punter off the board! Though he unfortunately didn’t fall to pick 69, the Sabercats got a great player with this pick. Butters knows that he’s been a staple of our locker room since the beginning, and our Scottish punter has been nothing short of a life saver on the football field. He proved his worth earning as well, and is far and away the best overall K/P from this class. Matty will also be with teammate Chester Sweets, so together they’ll form a great part of the SJS locker room. San Jacinto locked up their kicker of the future with this pick, and I can assure you that Matty will be able to fulfill that need for years to come. San Jose 10/10, Matty 10/10.

Love this write up! Missing you in my LR already mate, I know you're about to do great things over in Sarasota for real! <3

*Kansas City Coyotes Draft Recap - Booger - 04-19-2020

(04-19-2020, 09:47 PM)Matty7478 Wrote:Love this write up! Missing you in my LR already mate, I know you're about to do great things over in Sarasota for real! <3

:howlie:

*Kansas City Coyotes Draft Recap - Reno - 04-19-2020

I miss you already

*Kansas City Coyotes Draft Recap - Reno - 04-19-2020

I double commented I'm a grandma with technology

*Kansas City Coyotes Draft Recap - Frostbite - 04-19-2020

SAR SAR SAR

Glad to get some KC bois on the team!

*Kansas City Coyotes Draft Recap - sakrosankt - 04-20-2020

Thanks for the kind words, awesome to also share the same locker room with you in Sarasota! KCC SAR

*Kansas City Coyotes Draft Recap - Ismael8907 - 04-20-2020

Amazing media. Thanks for the kind words. Ill miss you Fawn!

*Kansas City Coyotes Draft Recap - PMoney - 04-20-2020

Gonna miss all the KC gang but I'm afraid YKW will be breaking the streak and winning the Ultimus this year.
:howlie: