International Simulation Football League
*Wraiths Draft Review - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Wraiths Draft Review (/showthread.php?tid=21409)

*Wraiths Draft Review - youngcricket - 04-19-2020

Yellowknife Wraiths Draft Review

My name is Mike Lee and I was drafted to the Yellowknife Wraiths, here I will be reviewing their draft and what I think of it. So without ado, here is how I think the draft went for the Wraiths.

Round 1:
Johnny Hellzapoppin, Safety, #11 Overall

I mocked this guy going a lot higher, as I believe a lot of other people did as well. Colabear is the user and he is a safety that played for the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers. He is sitting at 298 TPE, amongst the top TPE earners in the draft. His build is focused towards Speed and Agility. His speed is already at 90, which is an elite number for such a young player. His dedication to his craft and ability to rack up TPE makes him among the top options in the draft. I rate this pick very highly and believe the Wraiths got a steal at pick 11 to help replace Danny Grithead.

Round 2:
Colby Jack, Quarterback, #23 Overall

I had the privilege of playing with this guy's brother (I think) in Dallas in Monterrey Jack. He was a very good man and a good quarterback. Colby Jack is a quarterback for the London Royals, one of the DSFL's expansion teams. He sit at 331 TPE (oh my god) which is an elite number. He was an elite earner with his last player as well, so he has a good pedigree. He was selected as a future replacement for Cooter Bigsby, another elite earner and quarterback. This shows that Yellowknife was drafting by the best player available and trying to stash picks. This is a very good pick for a top earning QB for a team that is stacked with talent but can't get over the hump. I predict that in a couple of seasons Jack will be a top 3 quarterback within the next 5 seasons. Let's eat baby.

Round 3:
James Cho, Defensive End, #35 Pick

This guy was my teammate when he was a Dallas Bird Dog (I still am rest in peace). I don't remember if I saw him talk a lot, but when he did I know that he was a nice man. I'm pretty sure he just said a kid so factor that in. Yellowknife lost Kearse in the draft, so defensive end was a position they needed to address. Cho is sitting at 300 TPE, so you know he is already a high end prospect. He has already maxxed out his strength and his speed, which are crucial for the defensive end position. It appears he is working on his tackling next, so you can expect that he will be a fully maxxed out player soon for a defensive end. Yellowknife needed a player to play opposite of Nero Alexander, a dominant player. Cho looks to be that player and I believe he will be a very solid pick. A guy with huge TPE in the third round is awesome, especially one with 0 ego. Oh, and congrats on the kid, teammate.

Round 4:
Acura Skyline, Running Back, #47 Pick

Skyline was on my rivals, the London Royals. Another expansion DSFL player. He is a call-up to the Yellowknife Wraiths now, and rightfully so. He has amassed 303 TPE, which is a very large amount for a player at the end of the fourth round. He is also a HO intern, which would imply that he will have some staying power and is committed to the league. He already has 92 speed as well as 70 strength, so he is well on his way to being in the upper echelon of RBs in the league. With that kind of speed and that kind of strength, he should be able to make an impact as a rookie. A very impressive this prospect to get this late and will help transition from Hanyadi one day and will play a crucial role taking some carries from him. It is good for the longevity of the Wraiths' backs. Skyline should be a factor for this season and for many to come.

Round 5:
Patrik Money, Defensive End, #59 Pick

Another defensive end to help alleviate the loss of Kearse for the Wraiths. Money currently only sits at 248 TPE, a relatively low number. After a deeper look, though, he has yet to claim his training camp or his equipment for the season as updated. So even though this looks low, it is likely more in the 290-300 range. With that in mind, Money looks to be a solid prospect. He currently has 83 strength and 85 speed (maxed out). Money is on his way to at least being a formidable prospect, but seems to be on a path to being a very solid player. If one of him or Cho pans out the Wraiths should be happy. With Alexander getting kind of old though, these two together could form a contingency plan to not only play opposite of him, but also eventually replace him.

Round 6:
Susan Cash Jr., Wide Receiver, #71 Pick

This is a guy that I had seen a lot of people mock as going higher. He was also on my rival DSFL team of the London Royals, but I knew that he was a pretty solid receiver. I don't know much about him, but he has been very active in the locker room so far. He currently has 236 TPE, which is a solid number, but could be better for sure. His activity in the locker room and media being produced is an encouraging sign. The Wraiths have to start preparing and addressing the regression of Swift, and this is clearly a move to help alleviate this in a deep wide receiver class. I think in the 6th round, Cash Jr. is about as good of a pick as you can get and he will continue to develop into a beast.

Round 7:
Magnus Valdyr, Safety, #83 Pick

Another safety to help potentially replace Danny Grithead when that old fart gets out of here. This guy currently sits at 214 TPE, a decent but not great number. TPE wise I believe he was the best safety remaining on the board. He has 86 speed, which is the main attribute that sticks out for him. He could be a serviceable safety and is a good seventh round pick. He doesn't currently scream superstar, but who knows what can happen. 214 TPE isn't a bad start and he still gets to add training camp and equipment to that when he is ready. I believe he will end up being a serviceable player that can plays safety, nickel, or slide down to LB.

Round 8:
Mike Lee, Wide Receiver, #95 Pick

Another wide receiver to help alleviate the loss of Tyler Swift. This is my player so I can tell you a little bit about myself. I played for the Dallas Birddogs and really sucked at updating my player, but I'm at 263 TPE currently. I am remaining in the DSFL, so I will being playing maxed out the whole season down here. I will be putting all of my TPE into speed, so whatever that gets me is what my build is. I had a pretty bad season statistically since I pretty much just banked my TPE and I had a stud in front of me. Anyways, in the 8th round I think I am a great pick and an absolute steal. I am a pretty proven commodity and will at the very least create a serviceable wide receiver and hopefully even more than that. Apparently I am self-obsessed and conceited, though, so we will see if I can ever reach my potential.

Round 9:
Zee Rechs, Tight End, #107 Pick

Dallas Birddogs selected once again. I don't know much about this guy but he was on my team and he has been nice in the Wraiths LR so far. He is the first tight end the Wraiths selected, so maybe he is a project building for the future of the team. He currently sits at 124 TPE and I expect that to continue to increase slowly. He is an active guy and if he ever kicks it up a little more in the TPE department, he will be well suited to make an impact in the league because he is nice and is chillin around. He can be a solid player and hopefully another season down in Dallas will give him so valuable experience.

Overall, the Wraiths pretty much took the best player available to them with their picks. It appears that their biggest goals were to find some safeties, defensive linemen, and wide receivers of the future. I think they did a very solid job of getting guys that are all active as well as good for the locker room. I think from top to bottom of the first 9 rounds, the Wraiths drafted a team of guys that are at the very least serviceable, and a lot of them have super star potential. Props to BigRed and shadyshoelace on this.

(1521 words)

*Wraiths Draft Review - shadyshoelace - 04-19-2020

YKWYKWYKW

*Wraiths Draft Review - cho1325 - 04-20-2020

Nice analysis. Good read
YKW YKW YKW