International Simulation Football League
*Matt Cross's Reaction to the NSFL Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Matt Cross's Reaction to the NSFL Draft (/showthread.php?tid=21410)

*Matt Cross's Reaction to the NSFL Draft - J0EB - 04-19-2020

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

In Friday's NSFL Draft, I was drafted 3rd overall to the Philadelphia Liberty. Wait did I hear that right? 3rd overall?! I’m shocked and incredibly excited. While Philly may have gone 3-10 this season, they have a really young team in development. Their offense looks like it has all the pieces necessary to be pretty good this year, and with the new additions on the defense this team will really shine in a season or two. I’m really glad to have been picked by a team where I’ll start right away and be able to make a difference for the team in the secondary. I’m super excited to go play for the Liberty, and I hope to lead this team to an Ultimus win.

I obviously wasn’t Philly’s only draft pick though. At number 4, Brandon Booker, Cornerback of the Myrtle Beach Bucc’s was selected. This guy is a stud. Although it will be strange playing alongside an ex-member of Norfolk’s biggest rival team, I know that he’s a good guy himself. I’m excited to get to know him better and I know I’ll be able to rely on him in coverage.

Pick 18 made my night. I was ecstatic to see my fellow safety out of Norfolk selected by Philly. Wesley Erickson is such a great guy. He’s friendly and funny and sharing a locker room with him and being fellow Seawolves has really been one of the best parts of this league. I absolutely love the guy and the fact that we’re moving on to the NSFL together on the same team is such a blessing. We still have to figure out what we’re gonna do with our mansion in Virginia though. He’s kinda thinking of selling it but I want to turn it into a training and team facility for the Seawolves. As Commodores for the team, we’re still gonna have a presence in Norfolk as we both move to Philly, so keeping the mansion still would be helpful. Luxury housing in Philly is a lot different than Norfolk too. We’ll probably end up moving into a condo together, I found a nice one for 3 mil that I’m considering but I need to talk to Wes about it more. Anyway, I’ve gone off track, I couldn’t be happier that Wes is still gonna be by my side in Philly, he’s such a dependable guy on and off the field, and has really been such a great friend.

I was super enthusiastic about going to Philly and I thought the night couldn’t get any better, but that’s when Philly drafted 2 more teammates of mine! Good ol Spike was picked at 63, and Norfolk’s favorite Brit was picked at 94! That was four Seawolves who would be heading to Philly together, I was so pumped up about this. I am super excited to meet my new teammates, but having some familiar faces join me in the journey will help the transition go much smoother.

Besides my fellow Seawolves, I do look forward to taking the field with everyone who was drafted alongside me though. Jonathan Altidor, Mario Von Pebbles, Donatello Arrabiata, J.B. Apollo, Tristan Gronlie, and Alexander Hamilton II will all be great teammates, and I look forward to getting to know them better and becoming friends. I’ve gotten the chance to talk with a few of them so far and am already really enjoying it.

Leaving Norfolk will be tough for me though. I’ve found myself quite a nice home there and have made a lot of great friends. I loved the time spent playing for the team, and I’m incredibly proud to help this team become the winningest in Norfolk history. We had a lot of fun, exciting moments together and a lot of frustrating losses, but at the end of the day I was just glad to be on the field playing with such an amazing group of teammates. Off the field though, I’m very proud to have been voted as a new Commodore for the team. I’m happy to be able to help in the war room and select the incoming class of Seawolves. It’s been a fun (yet stressful) process, and I can’t wait to see our rookie class join into the locker room, because it’s gonna be so much fun. I’ll miss playing for Norfolk, and I wish I could have helped lead the team to an Ultimini, but Philly is where my career will now truly begin. I’m blessed to be moving up and starting while still at such a young spot in my career. Thank you Norfolk for being the Best Folk, I’ll always be a Seawolf, and I’ll always stay in touch.

*Matt Cross's Reaction to the NSFL Draft - qWest - 04-19-2020

Good luck in Philly and congrats on going so high in the draft!

*Matt Cross's Reaction to the NSFL Draft - Lightnoir - 04-20-2020

PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI

*Matt Cross's Reaction to the NSFL Draft - Hallmonitor_20 - 04-20-2020

Ring The Bell
PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI