International Simulation Football League
Betting Announcement - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Head Office Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=230)
+---- Thread: Betting Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=2142)

Pages: 1 2

Betting Announcement - Grapehead - 07-13-2017

The bank has undertaken the responsibility of tracking bets being made with NSFL money for the purposes of transparency. Going forward if players wish to make bets with each other, they will need to make a post in the bank. Just post the bet, have the other person reply to your post to accept, and then let us know when it has been completed. Having this simple thread will let us ensure that nobody is attempting to circumvent the rule regarding interuser transfers. With that in mind, we in the bank reserve the right to review and deny any bets seen as an obvious attempt to circumvent this rule (e.g. you can't bet that a WR will have more receiving yards than a K) . Also, we will withdraw money from your accounts when the bet is made, and deposit it when you report that it is complete, therefor if you have less than -$2m then you cannot make bets with NSFL money.

That being said, I would like to say that this isn't an attempt to prevent or discourage betting, but just a safety measure to prevent rule circumvention. I'm hoping to see more bets now that we have a system to track them.

If you have any questions please let me know.

This has been written into the rulebook as well

Betting Announcement - Darnellthebeast - 07-13-2017

Can you post open bets for anyone to take? Can bets last longer than one game(like a season)?

(07-13-2017, 10:10 PM)Darnellthebeast Wrote:Can you post open bets for anyone to take?  Can bets last longer than one game(like a season)?
Yes and yes. I'll edit the bank thread to indicate offering bets up to anyone in the thread is okay.

Betting Announcement - 4D Chess - 07-13-2017

This is a dope idea. Could I just bet a player on an opposing team the outcome of a game? Or does it have to be individual vs. individual?

Betting Announcement - timeconsumer - 07-13-2017

Also don't be afraid to do media bets. I had a bet with some guys about our performance in am game, loser had to write a 600 word article on why I was was the best in the league and give me the profits. You get to win money AND make the other guy say nice things about you!

(07-13-2017, 10:52 PM)4D Chess Wrote:This is a dope idea. Could I just bet a player on an opposing team the outcome of a game? Or does it have to be individual vs. individual?
As long as the bet is posted and accepted before the game is simmed. You could bet on anything as long as there wasn't like a conflict of interest or something. For example you couldn't bet that someone would win a particular award if you were on the committee who voted on the award.

Betting Announcement - Jogn - 07-13-2017

(07-13-2017, 06:42 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Also don't be afraid to do media bets. I had a bet with some guys about our performance in am game, loser had to write a 600 word article on why I was was the best in the league and give me the profits. You get to win money AND make the other guy say nice things about you!

Angus I bet you a media article and/or cash money that I can be a better offseason kicker than you

Betting Announcement - PoloPro - 07-14-2017

(07-13-2017, 10:11 PM)Jogn Wrote:Angus I bet you a media article and/or cash money that I can be a better offseason kicker than you
I will judge the competition lol!

Betting Announcement - 4D Chess - 07-14-2017

(07-13-2017, 08:55 PM)Grapehead Wrote:As long as the bet is posted and accepted before the game is simmed. You could bet on anything as long as there wasn't like a conflict of interest or something. For example you couldn't bet that someone would win a particular award if you were on the committee who voted on the award.

Thanks! Is there going to be new league jobs associated with this? I'd love to help out.