International Simulation Football League
*Grey Ducks Draft Breakdown - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Grey Ducks Draft Breakdown (/showthread.php?tid=21628)

*Grey Ducks Draft Breakdown - Dewalt27 - 04-24-2020

MIN MIN MIN

1.06 - Ckroyal92 -Water Chestnut lll

We moved back to 1.06 but were still able to end up with one of the original targets we were hoping to land. We need D-line was going to be a huge need for us going into the Season with no active DTs and one active DE. I had originally anticipated we would draft Bane Ka’ana’ana if he fell to us but with the concern of a position change not fitting the needs of our team we opted to go with Water Chestnut lll. We filled up our needs at the DE position of a recreate NSFL GM which should be a great earner.

2.03 –Gamaliel – Joe Exotic DT
As mentioned previously we knew Dline would be our number one priority. Going into the Draft I felt that DT was probably the position we needed the most help with Mo “Mamba” Magic leaving to go to Colorado. Due to Tyler Montain going in the first and Bane’s position switch we decided to take Joe Exotic early in the second to make sure we were able to fill a big team need.

3.03 – Jason – Ray-Ray Jackson – CB
Ray-Ray Joined our team off waivers after the deadline of last season. We appreciated his engagement in the locker room as well as the play on the field. We had Ray-Ray as the number one corner in this draft so getting him in the early third round offered us great value and will pair nicely with Tyrone Shields and Matt Krause to help solidify our secondary. This may have been one of the best picks values of the draft.

3.06 – Tylus – Tychondrius Hood – WR
It seemed very questionable if William Alexander would be getting the call up to the NSFL or sticking with the Grey Ducks. We knew we wanted at least one WR, but It was hard to determine how much of a priority it would be. I’m not sure we needed to move up for the pick but we were very excited to get Tychodrius Hood at this pick. Tylus has been extremely active in our discord making it known that they would like to be a Duck. We were excited at the opportunity to make this happen. Instant impact for the Grey Ducks wide receiving core.

5.03 – Darkness Rising - Kai Sakura – WR
We had already addressed WR at 3.06 with Tychondrius Hood, but with Kai Sakura sitting there at 5.03 we decided to double down at the position and try to make big improvements in our lackluster offense from the year before. I had great conversations with Kai before the draft and I’m excited to see the added value to our Wide receivers and to give Snowbow a huge Cache of weapons to improve this offense.

6.03 Earlbacher – Brian Earlbacher – LB
Returning Sackson and Dex Kennedy at LB was going to be very good for the Grey Ducks but adding one more active linebacker to the team is a great move and should give us 3 linebackers who will continue to improve throughout the season and allow us to spread out playing time and be flexible with our defensive options.

7.02 24redcrayons - Juilo Jones - OL
There is so much media and information coming out about the importance of the O-line position having human players and the positive impacts they have at lower TPE over bots with higher TPE. We were very excited to get to add an Offensive line player to our team at this point in the draft. Juilo is a high upside pick.

7.03 Dylanjj37 - Dick Thunder - OL
Doubling down on the offensive line. For all the same reasons as Juilio at pick 7.02. Also, Fair Rubs.

8.03 - Ace -Arik Eller - RB
Jamar Lackson is maxed out at TPE heading into the season and in prime position to be one of the top running backs. However the sim and the TPE cap limit endurance it makes more sense to run with a committee of backs rather than one primary back. Ace should provide a nice one-two punch with Jamar and is a SHL vet.

*Grey Ducks Draft Breakdown - DarknessRising - 04-24-2020

You guys really did fill out all your needs and the mix of new rookies and send downs hopefully gonna send us to the top!

Thanks for drafting me and I will show you it was the right choice

*Grey Ducks Draft Breakdown - Jangorhino - 04-25-2020

Fair Rubs indeed sir! Fair rubs indeed!