International Simulation Football League
(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream (/showthread.php?tid=21708)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Baron1898 - 04-27-2020

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S22 claim thread.

Written responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

We’ve had a number of recent incidences involving PT plagiarism. If you are caught stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

This task is due next Sunday, May 3rd, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: Every year is a brand new start. In 200 words or more, describe what your player hopes to accomplish this year. Are there any career bests you want to set, or maybe even a league record? Do you have your eyes on an award? Are you convinced that this is the year you’ll finally win a playoff game? Right now, anything is possible.

Or

Graphic Option: Create a graphic outlining some of the goals you hope to achieve in this season. It must be more than just a list of text on an image to receive credit.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL;
GOMHL;
PBE.

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Baron1898 - 04-27-2020

pH

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - KC15 - 04-27-2020

PBE Affliate PT

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Forty Jordy - 04-27-2020

PBE Affliate PT

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Raven - 04-27-2020

Pee pee poo poo

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Huskies311 - 04-27-2020

CJ Riley is a man on a mission this season. After going top 5 in the most recent DSFL, he feels like he has big expectations coming into a Portland team that is locked and loaded for the season. There are a few things that will be driving Riley this season. We’ll go into those here.

The first thing driving Riley is the chip on his shoulder. Sure, going number 5 overall in a good draft class should be enough, but Riley wants to prove he’s the best. Even if it’s not by putting up major stats, and just from putting his team in a better position to win, it’s all good from Riley.

The second goal Riley has is to just win. Awards and stats aren’t on his radar at all. That just comes from being on a defensive line already loaded with send downs. What Riley hopes to provide is just shoring up the 4th spot on the line, while being a locker room leader. Riley would even be willing to help upper management strategize. Nothing will stop Riley from giving his all to win the coveted Ultimini, something my former player Marquees Acho did not have the fortune to win.

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - Memento Mori - 04-27-2020

The S22 season will be Brandon Booker’s rookie season in the NSFL. It looks likely to be a baptism of fire, as Booker is going from being CB2 in Myrtle Beach to CB1 for the Philadelphia Liberty. Booker’s preseason debut was shaky, with Nate Swift torching the 4th overall pick to the tune of 6 catches for 122 yards.

On a team level, the goal is to make the playoffs. Yellowknife and Colorado are the favourites for the conference crown in the NSFC, but the final playoff spot is wide open. Baltimore looks set to regress, as Corvo Havran left for Honolulu, and Sarasota and Chicago are both young, rebuilding teams. Earning the third playoff spot is certainly possible, and so that will be the primary goal.

On an individual level, the most important thing is to continue to develop in order to give Philadelphia the best chance of winning. Philadelphia is young on both sides of the ball, and traded a regressing player to Chicago in order to gain another first round pick - getting even younger. S23 and beyond look promising for the Liberty, and improving as much as possible while helping my teammates do the same is a priority. We probably won’t win the Ultimus this year, but if we put the work in and take advantage of the opportunities presented to us this season then we can put ourselves in a position to contend in the future.

' Wrote:(241 words)

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - ddrector - 04-27-2020

PBE Affiliate PT

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - WildfireMicro - 04-27-2020

Eric Richards main goals this year is to prove himself as a rookie and to prove that he can hang around in this league. He wants everyone in the DSFL to know his name and to respect it. He knows this is a new experience for him, so he us going to be trying his absolute best to succeed.

A goal for me personally is to prove to myself that I can be a great locker room presence wherever I go. I will try my best to hype the Royals locker room come game day so we can show out each and every game. And I will try to create graphics for every game so we can get even more hyped.

Another goal would be to have London reach the playoffs. We have a revamped defense including yours truly, and with our offense hopefully we can make a big playoff run.

And the final goal for this year is to start a legacy i can build on over the next few seasons. Hopefully both me and Eric's name will be remembered positively when people think back in quite a few seasons. Those are my main goals, so anything else I accomplish is a bonus, though I do hope to win quite a few games in London.

(S22) - PT1 - Runnin’ Down a Dream - IsaStarcrossed - 04-27-2020

This is almost too easy for me. Through his career, Bjørn Ironside has been spectacularly average. First overall pick in the DSFL draft, first overall pick in the NSFL draft. All of this hype and all of this promise to be one of the best defensive linemen in NSFL history and outside of one outlier season, his career so far has been a bust as he heads into his final season. That said, he has been the ultimate team player. He has never complained, he has never given up, he has continued to push and proven himself to be a pivotal role player for a Second Line team who just won the Ultimus. What I wish for him now is that he continue his legacy as a team player. He'll never go down as a superstar, he will never make the hall of fame. He can sacrifice himself and his own statistics to help a teammate achieve their goals though. For that reason I hope that Ironside finds a way to force double teams. I hope he finds a way to bring the defense to focus on him in the trenches so one of his teammates can explode instead. In specific, there are two rookies now on this defensive line and they'll be bracketing Ironside, one on each side of him. My hope is that he helps propel one of the two to either defensive lineman of the year or rookie of the year. Perhaps he can go out as one of the best team players of all time, the kind of guy who always propels his team to be better.