International Simulation Football League
*James Angler - First S22 Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *James Angler - First S22 Presser (/showthread.php?tid=21715)

*James Angler - First S22 Presser - tMuse - 04-27-2020

Ready to be graded

---------------------------

Hey Guys! It's James Angler. After being drafted pretty early by the Sarasota Sailfish I am being send down to play another Season for my favorite DSFL Team the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers!
Hit me with some questions and I will do my best to answer them.

(04-27-2020, 09:36 PM)Billybolo53 Wrote:1. Sarasota has a lot of ties to Myrtle Beach. Have you seen any similarities with the two teams?

2. What are goals for the season?

3. Were you disappointed with being sent down? How did that conversation go with your GM?

4. Myrtle Beach looks like a powerhouse again. What would does the team need to accomplish in order to be a dynasty?
1. Yeah that is true. We have many players from the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers and we have Frost as a GM. Those are some of the key factors that contribute to almost the same locker room experience, I think. Even though we have some similarities we cannot forget that we are a different team in the end. We have our own goals and tactics to achieve those and I am proud to be part of both of those teams!
2. I would love to get some more receptions than last year; I think I have earned that after I trained that hard. I think we, the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers, have a pretty good chance to take that ultimini back to back. We are one of the strongest DSFL Teams this season and we want to show that!
3. I actually hoped to be sent down. It was one of the first things I asked Frost. I understand that we do not have a big need in Sarasota this season as we have Johnny Blaze as a Tight End. Playing one more season for the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers is awesome and I am glad that it worked out that way. Frost and I agreed pretty easily on everything.
4.With having so much rotation I think it is pretty tough for a team to be a real dynasty in the DSFL. But we are one of the strongest this season and we want to show it. If everyone stays active and keeps training, we have a real shot at winning the ultimini again this season.

(04-28-2020, 02:09 AM)Nhamlet Wrote:How would you like to see your next 3 seasons payout? What's the worst case scenario and how would you react?
1. Would love to see us winning the ultimini again with the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers this season. We have the team to do it, we just need to put in the work. We have a shot at it and as long as we give everything, I am quite happy. With my other two seasons at Sarasota I do not have any real expectations to be honest. We are an expansion team and I know that we need some seasons to be competitive. So as long as we win some games, I would be happy. Being in an expansion team I don’t really see any worst-case scenario.

(04-28-2020, 08:19 AM)RaiderNation Wrote:1. Did you attend Sarasota's first franchise game in person or did you avoid did you avoid the historical night?

2. What do you feel you can bring to the Sailfish with your skill set?

3. What do you predict the Sailfish record will be at seasons end?

4. What's the atmosphere like in MB since returning for possibly one more season?
1. Sadly I could not attend the game, but I avoided to get spoiled and watched it the very next day with my parents. I could not make it in person and my internet went out, so I had no chance at watching it. But nevertheless, I am super proud of the boys!
2. I think I can be one of the best Tight Ends in the league. Even though I am still developing my skillset I think I can be a great asset with my quickness and convert some downs. Who knows, maybe even a Touchdown or two. We will see.
3. As an expansion team we have it pretty tough. I would be pretty happy seeing us go with at least 5 wins.
4. The atmosphere is better than ever. With all the new rookies in our locker room, it breathes some fresh air into it. It is also great watching the games together and help each other out.

(04-28-2020, 09:31 PM)Highhaschdi Wrote:1. How happy are you that of all NSFL teams you got drafted by the Sarasota Sailfish?

2. Do you feel you got drafted too early or too late?

3. What are your personal goals for this season?
1. I am quite happy about being part of the Sarasota Sailfish. It is awesome to see so many familiar faces from the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers on our team! Having frost as a GM makes it a bit easier, I guess as I already know him.
2. I got drafted earlier than expected to be honest. But I do not feel like I got drafted too early or too late. I expected myself somewhere in round 6, so getting picked early in round 5 was cool to see and I think it was a pretty realistic selection for me.
3. I would love to get some more receptions to show people what I can do. I do not have any specific goal for this season other than stated above in other answers.

(04-28-2020, 10:01 PM)scorycory Wrote:1. What was your experience as a waiver pickup like as compared to the draft experience?

2. Waffles or pancakes?

3. Cake or pie?

4. Frost or Cory?
1. Both was exciting as I did not have any idea who would pick me. The draft was a bit cooler though I think as I could not only see where I would land but also see where my friends would land. Watching the draft together with my friends was super cool!
2. I would go with pancakes but only if I get some chocolate sauce and bananas with it. Otherwise waffles. I love both.
3. If I had to pick one, I would go with pie. Some good old apple pie is always awesome! My grandma makes a killer one!
4. Always this question… I have to go with frost on this one again as he is my GM in two teams while Cory is “only” on the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers. Both do a tremendous job though, I love both!

That wraps it up! Thanks everyone for all the questions. It was great.

Code:
1065 words

*James Angler - First S22 Presser - Billybolo53 - 04-27-2020

1. Sarasota has a lot of ties to Myrtle Beach. Have you seen any similarities with the two teams?

2. What are goals for the season?

3. Were you disappointed with being sent down? How did that conversation go with your GM?

4. Myrtle Beach looks like a powerhouse again. What would does the team need to accomplish in order to be a dynasty?

*James Angler - First S22 Presser - Nhamlet - 04-27-2020

How would you like to see your next 3 seasons payout? What's the worst case scenario and how would you react?

*James Angler - First S22 Presser - RaiderNation - 04-28-2020

1. Did you attend Sarasota's first franchise game in person or did you avoid did you avoid the historical night?

2. What do you feel you can bring to the Sailfish with your skill set?

3. What do you predict the Sailfish record will be at seasons end?

4. What's the atmosphere like in MB since returning for possibly one more season?

*James Angler - First S22 Presser - Highhaschdi - 04-28-2020

How happy are you that of all NSFL teams you got drafted by the Sarasota Sailfish?

Do you feel you got drafted too early or too late?

What are your personal goals for this season?

*James Angler - First S22 Presser - scorycory - 04-28-2020

What was your experience as a waiver pickup like as compared to the draft experience?

Waffles or pancakes?

Cake or pie?

Frost or Cory?