International Simulation Football League
S22 NSFL Rules Summit Results - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Head Office Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=230)
+----- Forum: Rules Summit (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=518)
+----- Thread: S22 NSFL Rules Summit Results (/showthread.php?tid=21722)

S22 NSFL Rules Summit Results - terriblehippo - 04-27-2020

Code:
Hello everyone,

The S22 NSFL Rules Summit has recently come to a close.  GMs and Head Office members were encouraged to submit proposed changes to the rulebook, and those same individuals then voted on the proposed changes.  With 16 eligible voters (one representative from each NSFL team, five Head Office members, and one league owner), a proposal needed 12 "yes" votes in order to pass.

Below is the full list of proposed rule changes and the final voting results for each.

1. Users can only win "Most Dedicated Member" once every five (5) seasons.
"This is to make sure other members of the community that aren't the simmer get recognized for their hard work."
11-5

2. Give each position their own positional award.
"So separate DBotY into Safety and CB, and DLine into DE and DT. Whichever position a player played more time at for the season is the one that they will be nominated for. The awards committee will do the research to figure that stuff out."
12-4

3. All player profiles must also have the user's Discord name.
11-5

4. Any human (non bot) playing at guard or center can have a weight increase to an agreed amount over 340lbs (say 370lbs).
"Currently, due to weight, human tackles get an advantage over bots but human interior players do not. This makes teams likely to only play 2 human OL; a change in this would further increase a team's desire for human OL."
7-9

5. Fix the Pro Bowl by implementing the following changes:
  • Remove FLEX voting (have 3 RBs and 4 WRs; the next highest vote getter to not make the main roster will be inserted as OFLEX). Remove DFLEX altogether.
  • Make the voting 3 CBs and 3 S.
  • Players will be voted based on their position in the TPE tracker.
  • OL will be scaled as per the number of active OL in each conference, with no more than 5 OL represented and no fewer than 1 OL per conference if said conference has an active OL user. The scaling should be about 50% (if there are 3 OL then there are 2 spots, if there are 6 OL then there are 3 spots, etc).
  • Voting will be done on Google Forms, which will auto-populate with players via the TPE tracker (voters will then select x number of players per position), which will make vote tallying easier.
12-4

6. Change the current rule for failing to post contracts in time to add a maximum fine of $2m.
10-6

7. Tampering rules do not apply to users that are IA below 200 TPE.
"I know DSFL GMs love having IA players, but it is WAY better for the league that these kinds of players come back and create."
6-10

8. If a player posts a retirement for the first time, they may unretire within 24 hours with zero (0) TPE penalty.
10-6

9. Format future expansions so that all teams involved lose the same amount of players in the expansion draft.
"No scenario where one team has the potential to lose multiple players while other teams potentially lose none."
4-12

10. Appeals Committee members will serve a maximum term of two (2) seasons. They may reapply once three (3) seasons have passed since they stepped down.
2-14

11. Players that are determined to be inactive (according to the NSFL rulebook) by the end of the regular season cannot be nominated for awards or voted for the Pro Bowl, regardless of stats, unless there are not enough active players at a position to fill nominations.
11-5

12. Teams may include contract incentives as an element of their player's contract. All contract incentives must be accounted for in a team's salary cap budget throughout the season. Excess cap space as a result of unmet incentives at the end of the season may be distributed by teams as bonuses.
"This is already how the rule is enforced but the wording doesn't show up anywhere in the rulebook, so let's codify it."
16-0

13. Allow tampering of IA players above 200 TPE.
2-14

Code:
Proposals 2, 5, and 12 have passed.  They will be added to the rulebook next offseason.

S22 NSFL Rules Summit Results - siddhus - 04-27-2020

Rip no Nsfl GM likes the counting bot ig

S22 NSFL Rules Summit Results - caltroit_red_flames - 04-27-2020

On one hand I'm sad but not super upset about the G and C vote. It makes sense but I know of couple people that really wanted to be centers. Howver I know this would require testing and we aren't at critical mass for OL yet.

On the other hand we finally have OL in the pro bowl (officially)!!!!

S22 NSFL Rules Summit Results - shadyshoelace - 04-28-2020

(04-27-2020, 04:27 PM)terriblehippo Wrote:11. Players that are determined to be inactive (according to the NSFL rulebook) by the end of the regular season cannot be nominated for awards or voted for the Pro Bowl, regardless of stats, unless there are not enough active players at a position to fill nominations.
11-5

DSFL GMs > NSFL GMs apparently

S22 NSFL Rules Summit Results - rapideagle - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 02:33 AM)shadyshoelace Wrote:DSFL GMs > NSFL GMs apparently
For real, no idea why this one was rejected

S22 NSFL Rules Summit Results - GoonerBear - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 09:21 AM)rapideagle Wrote:For real, no idea why this one was rejected

The one reason I could think of is the purpose of the DSFL is to encourage activity. The NSFL is the professional level where results matter. I had a player who, when I was inactive, outperformed just about every other LB in the league, if not every other LB, and was snubbed for awards. It feels like it's unofficial policy, and I understand. Why not out-and-out make it the rule?

S22 NSFL Rules Summit Results - AdamS - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 06:21 AM)rapideagle Wrote:For real, no idea why this one was rejected

Well..firstly..its was voted 11-5 and lost by slightly less than 2% on math because we need 70%. A rule that goes 2-14 is rejected. This one just didn't pass.

Secondly, its already in the rule book (except the words "pro bowl", which weren't anyone's issue anyway).

S22 NSFL Rules Summit Results - rapideagle - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 06:08 PM)AdamS Wrote:Well..firstly..its was voted 11-5 and lost by slightly less than 2% on math because we need 70%. A rule that goes 2-14 is rejected. This one just didn't pass.

Secondly, its already in the rule book (except the words "pro bowl", which weren't anyone's issue anyway).
Thank you for the definition. Regardless I still don't see an argument against making it official for pro bowl too.

S22 NSFL Rules Summit Results - AdamS - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 05:43 PM)rapideagle Wrote:Thank you for the definition. Regardless I still don't see an argument against making it official for pro bowl too.

There really isn't one. My only argument was that Pro Bowl could've been implied already but now has to be specified.

The other existing argument was that adding a few words about pro bowls doesn't change the part the rule was aiming for, which is awards.