International Simulation Football League
Why Blade Deserves A Top Pick In The Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Why Blade Deserves A Top Pick In The Draft (/showthread.php?tid=2174)

Why Blade Deserves A Top Pick In The Draft - Blaster - 07-14-2017

[Image: RS_x_20170411_10_Reggie_White_wins_Super_Bowl.jpg]

The second draft of the NSFL is coming up in a little less than a week. Every team is excited to grab a new prospect to improve their current team. Some are looking to re-select their players from last season's waivers in the draft. Today, we look at Blaster Blade, the best defensive lineman in the draft and arguably one of the best defensive players in the draft.

We all know about the consensus number one pick, Dermot Lavelle. He is extremely talented and definitely looks like a lock-in pick as the Wraiths traded up for the Legion's number one pick in the draft. Dermot Lavelle played for the Wraiths and it looks like they are in love with him and it also looks like Lavelle will return to the city of Yellowknife in Canada.

But what about the other picks?

The top picks currently are going in this order if you haven't seen already.
Round 1:
1. YKW (via PHI)
2. COL (via PHI via YKW via LVL)
3. ARI (via SJS)
4. BAL
5. YKW
6. OCO
7. PHI (via COL
8. SJS (via ARI)

If we count out the number one pick for the wraiths, we have seven remaining picks
2. COL (via PHI via YKW via LVL)
3. ARI (via SJS)
4. BAL
5. YKW
6. OCO
7. PHI (via COL
8. SJS (via ARI)

I'm not sure why any other team would pick Blade over any other player as he has shown how dominant he can be and should definitely be picked as soon as possible. Why would you pick anyone else? This draft is filled with O-Linemen and teams need a playmaker and Blade is definitely a playmaker. When two of the best Offensive Linemen are taken out, (Greg Clegane and Tim Pest I believe have made their desires to go to Outlaws and Otters) we still have a deep stock of offensive lineman.

For me, if I was selecting in this draft I would look at the offensive linemen as they are extremely important to any team. Now obviously you can grab the best one but what's the point? You could get a disruptive player in Blade. Just ask the Outlaws. Worst O-Line and still won the inaugural championship of the NSFL (BTW they let up 48 sacks in the regular season). Again, in my opinion selecting active offensive linemen later in the draft (Maybe second or third round) is the ideal situation because you want to save those top picks for a player that can actually win games for you.

A prime example is obviously the Outlaws. They won the league after no one thought they would. They had a dominant defense, a ball hawk secondary and a great defensive line featuring one of the best defensive end duo, Blade and Jayce Tuck. Their weakness? The offensive line. Worst O-Line and still won the league. That proves you don't need the greatest offensive linemen and could just pick some weaker but very needed offensive lineman later in the draft. All you need to do is replace the BigBoyZ offensive linemens of the league with some human players, even if they are just inactive.

Blaster boasted a statline of 47 Tackles, 17 TFL, 7 Sacks, and 2 FF. Extremely impressive when you're splitting time with the best defensive in the league, (For now) Jayce Tuck.

When you're picking Blaster Blade, you're getting a big difference maker. He can disrupt the running game and the passing game, just not shown on the stat sheet when you got a player like Tuck leading the league in sacks. But when you finish better in every category than the "second best" defensive end in the league except for a measly 3 sacks? Some players were more fortunate to face against the Outlaw o-line than others who had to lineup against Angus Winchester, the league's MVP Offensive lineman. (Blade got a sack on Winchester in the playoffs, the only player to get a sack against Winchester, but that's a different story for another time)

Blade deserves the top pick and whoever passes up on him will regret it later. Not to mention he's also a NSFL Champion, not many prospects in the draft can say that. No shade thrown in this article, just stating facts. :rofl: :shrug:

Graded

Why Blade Deserves A Top Pick In The Draft - 7hawk77 - 07-14-2017

I'm betting you go second.

I'd love for you to come play with the Sabercats, but I just don't see you falling to the last pick of the first round Sad

(07-14-2017, 03:26 PM)7hawk77 Wrote:I'm betting you go second.

I'd love for you to come play with the Sabercats, but I just don't see you falling to the last pick of the first round Sad

We'll see what happens in the draft. Hopefully you guys enjoy Jack Durden

Why Blade Deserves A Top Pick In The Draft - Jbearly - 07-14-2017

I agree with this, someone other than the outlaws please take this man :lol:

Why Blade Deserves A Top Pick In The Draft - timeconsumer - 07-14-2017

Was there any doubt Blade was going top 3?

Why Blade Deserves A Top Pick In The Draft - kckolbe - 07-14-2017

(07-14-2017, 01:42 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Was there any doubt Blade was going top 3?

Actually, yes. There is a possibility of someone drafting Clegane 2 and then trading him, then Pest would go 3.

(07-14-2017, 03:42 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Was there any doubt Blade was going top 3?

I mean the mock drafts I've been seeing :crybaby:

Why Blade Deserves A Top Pick In The Draft - timeconsumer - 07-14-2017

(07-14-2017, 06:11 PM)Blaster Wrote:I mean the mock drafts I've been seeingĀ  :crybaby:

You'll go top 3 no doubt. DE is thin this season and now that DTs suck you're even more valuable.

Why Blade Deserves A Top Pick In The Draft - RavensFanFromOntario - 07-14-2017

The OG bae <3