International Simulation Football League
*Dwyer's Review #2 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Dwyer's Review #2 (/showthread.php?tid=21864)

*Dwyer's Review #2 - ADwyer87 - 05-02-2020

NSFL Week 2

So, after a rough but expected loss in Orange County week 1, pressure was up, but hopes were high. No one likes to lose, especially after our other expansion sea brothers won away, but only losing by 10 points in maybe the hardest game we will play all year? its not bad. Coming home against Austin, a crucial matchup, we knew we HAD to win this one.

Strats
So, we (and by we I mean Raven lol) really wanted this win, and delved deep into the strats. In the end, the highest we got was 58.5%. However, sadly the strats were a bit volatile, and our 300 game sample sets (which i think is enough for normalization but maybe not) varied by up to 12 percent. Despite the close results we were both probably more confident than we should have been (even if i still didnt pick Honolulu in predictions lel)

Results
AUS @ HON - W 27-14

VICTORY SUNDAY BAYBEE! Always love the first win. To quote myself in GM chat directly following our win, "Are we allowed to be insufferable now?"

Our run game was absolutely insane. Ruff Ruff DOMINATED with 144 yards and a TD on 24 carries, en route to his first offensive player of the game award this season. On the flip side, Ke?oke?o K?ne-Maika?i also got a 17 carries this game and gained 55 yards. Both backs were solid in pass protection as well, not allowing any sacks and combining for 5 pancakes

The passing game started slow, but really picked up in the end. Corvo Havran is the last QB left who hasnt thrown an interception. Jacoby Clay led the team in yards with 79 yards, and Jed Podolak got his second straight touchdown reception.

Venus Powers got a lot more work this game, but sadly a missed field goal already brings his perfect season hopes to an end. However, the reigning punter of the year looks poised for a repeat, with an average distance of 52.3 yards and adding a pin inside the 20 in one of his three attempts.

On defense, the linebackers made a big difference. Veteran presence Alex Selich led the team with 7 tackles. Arianlacher and Storm both had 5 tackles, but Arianlacher managed to secure an impressive sack for an 11 yard loss early in the game. Victor Moreno was a monster in the passing game, securing 2 pass deflections and an interception.

NSFL Week 3

So with our first win ever, we had fringe playoff hopes on our mind. Its still a long shot, but this matchup against the Sabercats in San Jose would decide who currently gets to chill in the 3rd playoff spot for now. It would be tough, but we believed we could do it, and after both Austin and Arizona lost their matchups, things looked as hopeful as ever for an expansion playoff appearance.

Strats
Out strats ended up peaking at a 37.9% win rate. This showed us two things. One, San Jose is better than we thought. Two, home field advantage is SERIOUSLY a bitch haha. Either way, not the best odds, but also not terrible odds.

Results
HON @ SJS - L 16-28

This was a tough game, and was the most points we've given up so far. Our defense definitely struggled, but our offense showed real flashes of a comeback so that was positive at least.

Corvo Havran is still the only QB without an interception thrown this season. And its clear who his favorite target is. Podolak became the first Hahalua player to have 100 receiving yards, posting 8 catches for 115 yards and a touchdown for the 3rd game in a row.

The rushing game was much more balanced, as Ruff and K?ne-Maika?i got nearly identical carries. The two combined for 104 yards, and K?ne-Maika?i scored the lone rushing TD.

Powers was perfect on the day, converting the extra point and hitting an 18 yard chip shot field goal. He was incredible in the punt game, as him and McDairmid conbimed for only 2 punts less than 50 yards. Powers his a season high 75 yard punt in this game as well.

The defense certainly was active in this game. Selich became the first player this regular season to secure double digit tackles. Kearse and Logan Noble Jr. both got a TFL, and Kearse also added a sack on top of it. Emondov Emoji was the best coverage player of the game, grabbing the only two PDs for our team

Rookie Spotlight

Ke?oke?o K?ne-Maika?i - K?ne-Maika?i once again repeated his yardage total on the season, rushing for 55 yards in the second consecutive game. He also added some help in the air with a pair of 11 yard catches. In the pass protection game, K?ne-Maika?i was a beast at fullback, with 3 pancakes and no sacks allowed. In game 2, K?ne-Maika?i put together his 3rd straight game with 50+ rushing yards, and scored his first touchdown of the season. While he only got 27 receptions, his 6 catches were second on the team and bring him to 11 on the season.

William Alexander - Alexander saw a much better use of his skills this last season, again hauling in 3 catches, but spreading them out for 39 yards this time. In game three, Podolak controlled Havran's attention, and Alexander was only able to get 2 receptions for 10 yards.

Momona Keiki-K?ne - Keiki-K?ne once again posted the same stat line, grabbing one tackle for loss on the game. While maybe not the flashiest stat, this does tie him with the league lead among DTs. In game two Keiki-K?ne came alive, posting his highest career tackle amount with 5.

Logan Noble Jr. - After a pretty solid game, Logan Noble Jr. only managed a single tackle in the 4th quarter this go around. He will be hoping for a rebound against San Jose. He bounced back the next game, however, securing 3 tackles and a tackle for loss.

DSFL Preseason

so, DSFL coverage now. This will be about the Luchadores, and since i dont know how the testing goes there, it will just be a discussion of the results and the performance of our Honolulu send downs

Results
TIJ @ NOR - L 6-17
TIJ @ KCC - L 30-35
POR @ TIJ - W 34-0
TIJ @ MB - W 35-17

So, despite for some reason getting 3 away games in the preseason, Tijuana did very good, going 2 for 2 and staying pretty close in every matchup.

First, I want to look at my player's performance. I managed to secure 10 tackles. While this isnt bad for a DT, I was hoping to get at least a TFL or a sack somewhere

Again, this is just preseason, so let me gloss over some of the stats quickly.

Richard Gilbert was the clear backbone of the offense. He was named offensive player of the game in 3 of the four games. He also had over 100 yards in 3 of the 4 games, with his one no show "only" being a 96 yards affair. He ended preseason with 129 carries for 508 yards.

On defense, besides myself, Nat Wright was the clear leader of the defense. He led the team with 41 tackles this preseason. LiterallyJust A. Hexagon was close behind with 24 tackles, and also managed to put together 2 sacks. DSFL rookie Killian Carnahan managed the only interception of the preseason for the Luchadores

Jacob Small did a pretty good job kicking, but could use some time to improve. He went 10 for 11 in both field goals and extra points. His punting was ok, but he couldnt seem to crack the 45 yard average, and only has 3 punts inside the 20. On the fair rubs side, Sylverster Berlin was the leading producer, getting 18 pancakes and not allowing any sacks. In fact, Kevin Malone was the only OL who allowed any sacks, giving up just one in the 4th game of the preseason

DSFL Week 1 & 2

Since they are simmed together, I guess we will clump them together. With a pretty good preseason in the books, hopes were certainly high for our season start. We thought NOR could be a good win at home, and the winless Royals should be an easy win right?

Results
NOR @ TIJ - L 6-17
TIJ @ LON - L 16-39

Well...I guess not. This was definitely pretty crushing in the locker room, we were all expecting great things, and just kept getting dick punched in the sim. we combined for 13 penalties in these two games. ughhhhhh.

In the first game, my player did very well for a DT, getting 4 tackles and a sack. However, in the London game, i could only manage a singular tackle. Sad times.

It was day and night for the Tijuana QB pair this game. In the first game, Slothlisberger played well, but Jim Waters shined, posting a passer rating over 100. In the second game, the two QBs combined to toss 3 interceptions. Jim Waters managed the team's first passing TD, but was only 4/12 on the day

After a dominant preseason, Richard Gilbert didnt perform quite the same. While he was much more efficient, he split time with running back Running Back. Overall Gilbert fell to just 147 yards in the regular season, a lot lower than his preseason projections

Friedrich Vequain was the top receiver for the team in both games. he combined for 10 receptions, 172 yards, and the lone passing touchdown.

The defense was the usual suspect with a new twist. Nat Wright led the team with 20, but he was tied with fellow linebacker Dick Cheese III. Hexagon got 7 tackles in each game, and also came away with an interception on Colby Jack.

Jacob Small continued to struggle a bit. he missed an extra point, and only managed a 41.4 yard average. He will need to keep improving. The one positive for Tijuana is their OL, where Sylvester Berlin managed an impressive 13 pancakes over this two game stretch, and no one else allowed any sacks.

Send Down Spotlight

Buck Thornton - Buck did an great job clogging the lanes in preseason, finishing with 17 tackles and a sack. In the regular season he kept the consistency going, getting 5 tackles in each game and also recording a sack. Thornton definitely seems to be more of a big hitting safety, and he is definitely living up to that reputation, just ask anyone who was on the other end of one of his tackles!

Shawn Dawkins - Dawkins shone in the preseason. He managed 22 tackles as well as 2 sacks, as well as producing well in the return game. In regular season though, it seemed like Dawkins put just a little extra pop in his hits. He had 11 tackles, and forced a fumble in each game. He also managed a sack and a PD

Jack Banks - Banks dominated the preseason, clearly leading norfolk in tackles with 44 tackles. he led norfolk in tackles 3 of the 4 games, and had double digit tackles in each game. He also had 2 sacks, 3 TFLs, 1 FF, 3 PDs and 1 interception. In week 1 Banks had a pretty pedestrian 6 tackle game, but in week2 Banks got back to his normal self, leading the team in tackles, recording a sack and a PD, and forcing a fumble and recovering it.

Luke Skywalker - Skywalker has shown some very positive signs in preseason, and seems to be the clear QB1 over Suleiman Ramza. He ended the preseason going 49/81 for 417 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 INT. In week 1, Skywalker picked apart Tijuana, passing for 2 TDs and finishing the day with a 110.2 passer rating. Week 2 was a little more rough, with him finishing with below a 50% completion percentage

Bayden Brosley - Brosley had a bit of a tough preseason, only amassing 12 tackles and no other countable stats. When the regular season hit however, Brosley turned it up a notch. While his tackle levels were still low, he turned it on in the pass protection, deflecting two passes in each game and even securing an interception.

Daymond Brooks - Brooks had a slow start to the preseason. He managed just 163 yards on 14 receptions. However, Brooks dominated when the regular season rolled around. He managed 91 receiving yards and caught a touchdown pass in each game. To make matters even better, Brooks took a 96 yard kick return to the house for a third touchdown on the season

Ozamataz Buckshank - Buckshank settled into a mainly tackling role in the preseason, compiling just 8 tackles in 4 games. However, he definitely found a different gear in the regular season, netting 7 tackles as well as his first pass defense of the season in week 2.

Mark Radson - Radson showed off some prowess versus preseason competition. He only had 19 tackles, but he terrorized opposing quarterbacks both in the backfield and in coverage. Radson had 5 sacks and 3 pass deflections. The two regular season games were more of the same, as he got a sack in each of them along with 9 total tackles.

Jim Waters - Waters has been a hard quarterback to gauge so far this season. In the preseason he had pretty solid but average looking stats, playing QB2 with Ben Slothlisberger, going 26/37 for 293 yards, 2 TDs, and 2 INTs. However, his play was variable, as he started the preseason with a 63.1 QBR game, and ended it with an insane 132.1 QBR game. In the regular season, however, despite some less than stellar results, Waters seems to be making a strong case to become the regular Tijuana starter. He was the higher rated QB in both matchups, and also threw the team's first passing TD of the season.

Tristan Hex - Sadly, Tristan Hex has not gotten into any action for Dallas yet this season, but he has reportedly been putting a ton of work in at the Hahalua gym, and is ready to start contributing now.

James Carson - The lone OL draftee for Honolulu, Carson has looked very good for Tijuana so far this season. He managed 10 pancakes in the preseason with only 1 penalty called, and no sacks allowed. While he still has no penalties or sacks allowed so far this regular season, his pancakes have slowed down, as he only now averages 1 a game.

Xaq Schiaparelli - Schiaparelli seems to have lost most of his everyday role in the Dallas organization. Outside of his first preseason game, where he got no stats at all, he managed exactly one tackle in every game from then out out. He will need to make a big impact if he wants to keep a role in the organization

Nicholas Stone - Stone did an admirable job in the preseason, accruing 27 tackles, 1 TFL , and 1 PD. However, it seems like this was not enough for him to make the regular season roster, as he has not been in the starting lineup so far after 2 weeks

DeSean Hill - Hill got no action in the preseason, but Dallas did manage to get him a catch in both regular season games. Hill had a 6 yard reception week 1 and a 25 yard reception week 2

IA, DNP - Le Kick (POR), Landon Moore (DAL), Rico Martinez (MBB), Jason Kreuscher (MBB), Pierre Voodoo (DAL), Chauncey Morrison (MIN), Nick Jones (TIJ), John Nesbitt (TIJ), David Banner (DAL), Dude Doggo (KCC), Buster Nelson (KCC), Johnnie McCartney (DAL), Buster Holiday (LON), DeShawn Jones (KCC)

DSFL Free Agents - Swift Willy, Montgomery Mantooth, Cal Cutta, Scott Scott, Rickety Cricket, BooBoo Rodgers, Farrior Deschain, Max McClure, Dan Jackson

Fantasy Group 20

1. @Daybe - 318.3 (+2)
2. @Muford - 258.62 (-1)
3. @ADwyer87 - 253.84 (-)
4. @iseedoug - 239.62 (-2)
5. @Raheem James - 55.38 (-)
6. @NamelessNate - 0 (-)

Top QB - Jay Cue - 25.36 - daybe (W2)
Bottom QB - Jay Cue - 12.56 - daybe (W3)

Top RB - Mattias Hamyadi - 32.6 - daybe (W2)
Bottom RB - Sam Torenson - 4.7 - Muford (W2)

Top WR - Saba Donut - 23.3 - iseedoug (W2)
Bottom WR - Net Gaines - 0.8 - ADwyer87 (W3)

Top TE - Austin McCormick - 11.6 - ADwyer87 (W3)
Bottom TE - Peter Larsen - 0.6 - iseedoug (W3)

Top K - Alex Dasistwirklichseinnachname - 18 - daybe (W3)
Bottom K - Alfredo Crisco - 2 - Muford (W2)

Top DEF - Orange County - 17.1 - ADwyer87 (W3)
Bottom DEF - New Orleans - 6 - Muford (W2)

So, first of all, i misread the scale. Everything was correct last time except for defenses. I read it as -1 per point allowed, not -.1 lol. Big difference. That im sure raised up Daybe a ton. Another thing helping him was the crazy games that Hamyadi and Cue had in week 2. Given that Cue had the best QB game week 2, and the worst week 3, and Hamyadi's 3 TD game is unlikely to be repeated, this should hopefully even out in the future. The competition outside of that has been tight. The main culprit of Muford's fall to second has been Torenson, the consensus #1 pick who has fallen off hard. Week 3 Austin really hurt me and iseedoug, hitting both Gaines and Larson with less than one point.

Thats all for now, probably see you again tuesday night or wednesday morning

Code:
2862 words